It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Alarming Decline In ATS Page Views

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stormdancer777

If you replace the www with 53 before any thread on the address bar it formats in the new style, there should be a message in your inbox with the details.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I have the same prob as SD777. Even putting the 53 instead of www asks for a password it refuses to accept.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

same happened to me ... I thought I had imagined it!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Mine wasn't accepted at first as I put a space between the username ats and number, it works ats**, I tried it again from the message on the old style page and it worked, I copied and pasted the password given on the message.

If you C&P address at the top of any thread page, take off the www and place the number mentioned in the message ** instead , for instance **.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread968014/pg1 it should work.
edit on 1-9-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
What I find annoying is the frequency the index or home page refreshes, if your using a tablet like I do when I'm at a coffee shop you've got to be a speed reader to catch all the titles before it begins to refresh.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Tried that. Several times.

Copy and pasted each time too.

Always asks for password when replacing 53 then doesn't accept it.

w/e I don't really care that much.

When the final is done, none of will have any choice but to use the new version anyway.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Boomer1941

I find the way the 'home', 'hot' and 'top' pages only show a few titles instead of clearly defined categories with a few threads a bit off putting. I like to see at a glance if there's anything of interest to me, I do not want to need to scroll down and read more than a few words of a thread after the title to see if it catches my interest. Similar to walking into a room and glancing around to see if there is anyone I recognise. I do not want to go round each person individually and look at them close up, one or two at a time.

I guess the purpose is for mobile devices and the technical aspects of getting a lot of information on the screen, but it kind of detracts from the smoothness of the UI IMO.

I prefer the clearly defined topics.

There are certain things in the new style I prefer, like the upload function, it has the ability for multiple uploads and is more intuitive.

Comparative home pages.

old style

new style

edit on 1-9-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I honestly think it's becoming obvious that this site's owners don't actually care what the userbase thinks of the site anymore, it's all about the money. Not only did they lock the feedback on the new design because people hated it, but the moderation has been consistently getting worse (and more biased) lately as well.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I havent seen the new layout. I was never able to log in.

Interesting coincidence though.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join