It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: President Putin Wants to Put Together a New Superpower Coalition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
According to India Daily, President Putin wants to make a new superpower coalition in the world, bringing together Russia, China, India and Brazil. Putin will be visiting Brazil on November 21-23 of this year, seemingly to establish a long term economic tie between the two countries, expanding Moscow's geopolitical influence in the Latin American region. If this coalition comes to fruition it will bring three quarters of the population of the world together, with the "largest amount of natural resources and largest pool of technical and scientific talent."

www.indiadaily.com
Russian President Putin is taking a lead role in putting together the most powerful coalition of regional and superpowers in the world. The coalition consists of India, China, Russia and Brazil. This will challenge the superpower supremacy of America as well as the European Union. The Chinese are concerned about American and European influence over the world. So is India, Brazil and Russia. Russians need Brazil badly.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have not found any major news sources carrying this story. Could this just be wishful thinking, or are these countries planning to unite and challenge the European Union and the United States of America?

Related News Links:
www.blonnet.com
www.telegraphindia.com
www.diplomatist.com
www.danieldrezner.com

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

If this coalition comes to fruition it will bring three quarters of the population of the world together, with the "largest amount of natural resources and largest pool of technical and scientific talent."

All these countries are also very corrupt:
www.transparency.org...

If they can't get rid of the corruption, then it's unlikely they become anything really supermajor when most of the effort gets directed for the personal short term benefits of a group of few people in right places. Without corruption, they'd probably dominate the globe.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Since when has corruption ever hindered a superpower

Isn't the US in Iraq because of the greed of a few

Russia and China sounds impressive enough, let alone India and Brazil. One damn fine coalition

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
All these countries are also very corrupt:

So is the US and the EU and every other country and organization in the world.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well thanks for the news link Muaddib.

I don't find this any surprising due to the situation in the middle east and how US and allies influences there.

Will this starts the begining of an official divided world and a new war of wills.

I am keeping my aswers as non political as I can. OK

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volkgeister
Since when has corruption ever hindered a superpower

Isn't the US in Iraq because of the greed of a few

I'm not talking about greed, but corruption. Corruption played a major part in the demise of Soviet Union for example. Find any text about the Brezhnev era.

Originally posted by Killak420
So is the US and the EU and every other country and organization in the world.

Not even close to their magnitude. See the link I provided.
www.transparency.org...
and compare how China, Russia, India and Brazil are positioned compared to EU countries and US

[edit on 12-11-2004 by vibetic]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
War is not a sport, or is it? It seems you put together a team, fight, then rebuild and do it again.

[edit on 12-11-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
We've been discussing an alternative to this over at the thread Birth of a Movement. Thanks for breaking this story, it sounds like someone is heading for a run-in with the Monroe Doctrine. An American Union run by the peoples of the Americas sounds like a better alternative!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vibetic
I'm not talking about greed, but corruption. Corruption played a major part in the demise of Soviet Union for example. Find any text about the Brezhnev era.

People form the Brezhnev era were model citizens and angelic characters compared to the inferno of organized crime that's choking that nation now. Don't count on anything good and constructive coming out of Russia anytime soon. We can turn to this topic in 200 years.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
you know..it's only a matter of time before something like this happens....a coalalition that will challenge the U.S. it's just a matter of time. it does not matter how 'corupt the govts are....
what will the U.S do when this happens AND it has to also deal with the 'war on terror'???? AMERICA is heading down a disturbing road that we can't get off of unless something cataclysmic happens....... i envoke the 'john titor clause'

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I agree it is just a matter of time, But I don't think this is it. As it is stated above I believe this is just wishful thinking.

For one thing, the center pieces of this alliance, China and Russia, have been at odds for quite some time mainly based off of Land disputes, And India, who would want to touch that time bomb, they have a nuclear standoff against Pakistan (sp?) Brazil is about the only 'civilized' 'stable' nation in that group. Based off of these, I doubt ANYTHING will come of this.

We learned this lesson during WWI, please review it, every nation was pulled together because of political alliances, and now it is happening again, the EU, what is called the America Union, the weak (but still existant) soviet states aliegences... the list goes on, but these nations, I think not.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
ok I think this is really really bad! BTW I am an American.

The problem that I have with this is ... This Union will not last.

Brazil, China, India are slowly coming of age. They are all budding superpowers.

They will soon discover the power they have over world events.

Do you really want it to be RUSSIA the leader of this group?

Right now China, India, and Brazil are not really warring nations...China and India talk a lot but nothing really ever comes from their sabre rattling.

Now they are going to be part of the most Powerful Union on Earth.

There is a price to pay for power. America is paying it now.

These nations especially Brazil has no Idea what they are getting themselves into.

One Day Brazil will take over South America if this Union Happens.
China, India, and Russia would take over all of Asia ... oh wait they are all of Asia!

If this happens then America must go forward with a plan to create a Union.

hey, all the cool kids are doing it.

So In 1 corner we have: The European Union

In Corner # 2: Asia and South American Union

In corner #3: The Pan-American Union (with UK)

Now that War Needs to go on Pay-Per-View !

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This was the last thing I expected To happen, but it is an excellent idea to challenge American dominance

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kenshin
This was the last thing I expected To happen, but it is an excellent idea to challenge American dominance

Great.....let's have the world be dominated by the policies of "two communist countries".....perhaps we can adopt China's policy of killing protesters before things get out of hand like what happened in Tiannanmen Square.

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Russia was a superpower, not is a superpower. They believe associating in a "coalition" with China may give them respect they do not deserve. They may in fact be right. We always put on the kid gloves with China. China has been cruel to their people but we wouldn't invade them in the name of freedom for China's people. Our own foreign policies are full of double standards and bs. This is what makes the rest of the world feel like they need to gang up and call it a coalition. I also agree that this coalition would not last long.

doctorduh

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Superpower - a state powerful enough to influence events throughout the world

I'd have to say Russia is a superpower my friend.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Muaddib said:
perhaps we can adopt China's policy of killing protesters before things get out of hand like what happened in Tiannanmen Square

Wasn't it Dubya who said, "If you're not with us, you're agin' us." BTW, what is the U.S. doing to the protesters in Iraq?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone

Wasn't it Dubya who said, "If you're not with us, you're agin' us." BTW, what is the U.S. doing to the protesters in Iraq?

Protesters?...ah i see so that's what they are called now?...they use guns, mortars, killing more Iraqis than coalition soldiers and they are called protesters.... wow, you learn something new everyday huh?

The 9/11highjackers were also protesters huh? and those who planted the bombs at Madrid and other places are also protesters....

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It will create a lot of extra problems with so many poor and starving people coming from these countries. If they do join forces then it wouldn't be too long before they needed help from the West.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Such coalition will never happen. Why should Brazil go into the coalition with Russia? Because Putin is visiting them?
Most of their trade is with USA and they are in zone of american influence. Ever heard of Monroe doctrine? Brazil will never join antiamerican coalition because the USA will not allow it. In fact after the death of Fidel Castro the Cuba will be the last state of western hemisphere to join American zone of influence.
India - what has the India to expect from Russia? Nothing except weapon imports. It is more likely that India will develop closer ties with USA and serve as counterbalance to the China. I don't know why should 2 countries that will soon become competitors on low cost labour markets(India and China) go into some kind of alliance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join