It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry praises French, snubs British on Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

I await the renaming of 'English Muffins' with eager anticipation.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I am still wondering why is France so gungho about Syria before it actually gets the evidence. They have held this stance for some time and when Kerry started to sing France's praises, suddenly I started to wonder if there is a promise of trade to held boost both economies perhaps?

I couldn't care if John Kerry, the man with more hair than face and brain put together, snubs the UK or not, I know that the people in the USA feel exactly the same mistrustful way that we in the UK feel. Ego's are not part of this little bit of pollitical pretty-pleaze speech.

The stakes are quietly very high and a bit like the lull before the storm, with the big players slowly moving their machines of war into position, like Syria is being played out on a world-sized chess board.

Something that is puzzling me and certainly has got me wondering, who muzzled Israel in all this. If chemical weapons have been used in Syria I would have thought her vociferous neighbour would have been squeeling like a banshee, but there is a strange silence, a bit like a naughty child who knows exactly what has happened and is keeping stum.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

It did indeed need to be said.

...and you're absolutely correct.

Were I the British? I'd be apoplectic...I mean seriously pissed off.

You don't treat your allies like this...especially allies that have been there every single time we've asked.

Yet another ally sold down the river, if only temporarily... Were I the British? The next time America comes calling, I'd tell 'em I got better things to do...sorry.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tortuga
reply to post by jacobe001

I await the renaming of 'English Muffins' with eager anticipation.

The first thing Obama did when he was elected was the send the bust of Winston Churchill back to the UK which was on loan to the White House.
Now as for Muffins, please keep them or they could sink our tiny Island if you send them back.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

The French where quick to go into Africa recently.

Maybe the PM plays RISK a lot..?

eee.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Lol, that "Freedom Fry" biz was just stupid and embarrassing

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by esrom escutcheon esquire

That makes as much sense as anything else lately...

There's a higher game going on here that we're only catching glimpses of...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan

Lol, that "Freedom Fry" biz was just stupid and embarrassing

Maybe as it's our turn now you could have "Traitors Tea"

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by esrom escutcheon esquire

Forgot about that, but ah! I bet they think they can get truffles there.

Bon Soir.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Hi there.

Its probably the French PM being tougth. I've noticed he's more vocal and will threaten to fight. Maybe wanting to emulate Napolian to some degree.

But, to add more confusion to the whole topic, as France went into Mali recently, part of the justification of that was - Al-Qaeda affilliates. The French fought these.

Old source on France/Mali

France/Mali BBC News timeline

In the time line link, there's been 4Billion pledged to help Mali.

Anyway, France are now happy to help Al-Qaeda affiliates now...

And the same with America.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Obama and Co are acting like spoilt little kids.....very petty.
playing on the old heart strings didn't work so now they are going to try and prick our pride and shame us into it, we think not.
funny how easy people can jump ship....be careful France.

On the plus side, I take my hats off to all the Americans on ATS and media forums for agreeing with our (British) decision, on this and not jumping on the 'British have balked' bandwagon like what your media is spitting out.

^^^Respect^^^

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I would be all for renaming english peas.. no wait, lets just abolish them completely

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

You're either with us or your agin us

Perhaps the British need to be careful, they could be next after Syria!

It is something to ponder. The US changes countries from friendly to enemy quite quickly these days.

P

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
John Kerry is a lying scum bag and a boot licking servant for Zionists. I would love to see all these hacks who always send young men to die, to get their end of the deal and suit up.

And also any American who thinks we should be in Syria, let's go ahead and drop them in there too, maybe that's the reality check we need.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Oh for cryin' outloud!

So many americans are still caught up in the last propaganda (they can STILL be seen making jokes about the french even today on forums) I wonder how quickly they will be able to adapt to this one?

I guess when you are easily manipulated, anything is possible.

Once again, we find the people in France are against getting involved in this, and don't trust the motives of the US.
But Holland is such a wanker, he's trying to show he has a bleeding heart, full of compassion for the underdogs (a favorite value of the french) , but nobody actually expects him to do anything about it! He knows full well that he can't do anything the people won't support.
They'll put a stop to all commerce and transport across the country at the drop of a hat, as they tend to do, and he will apologize for his stupid statements.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
I was a bit mortified to hear Kerry's "oldest ally" comment.

It smacks of absolute desperation in the White House & State Department, tbh.

France has been treated like a leper for ten years and now all of a sudden we're flavor of the week. It doesn't make me feel good.

In fact, what I feel is utter horror. Because how on earth do the Brits feel now ? There's a nation which has been alongside the USA all the way since Sept 11th 2001, they went into Iraq in 2003 despite many of them having grave doubts about that war, more importantly they lost nearly 200 men directly and God knows how many of their ex servicemen have died uncounted since.

And suddenly they're disposed of. And we're taken up in their place. That's an absolutely amateur way to run your nation's diplomacy. Desperation in the White House & State Department.

I saw Obama earlier tonight too. He looked like a rabbit caught in the car headlamps. He's absolutely clueless, totally unfit to be commander of US forces. I appreciate that he's head of state and should be accorded a modicum of dignity from foreigners & a degree of loyalty from US citizens, but goodness me, Obama sets a new standard by which idiocy in foreign affairs can be measured.

I'm sorry but that needed said.

Technically France has to be Americas oldest ally because France fought with America against the British in the war of Independence - can't really get much older than that can you?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
As far as I know, the Brits did not have hissy fits every time the Americans were late for wars that the Brits were struggling with, they were only too happy for the 'special relationship' to be affirmed once more, grow up Kerry!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Typical U.S. foreign policy. Don't agree with friends or other countries that don't follow our ideology, bully them. The United States is always right and our politicians have all the answers.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

To be honest, this isn't the first time the Obama administration has snubbed us. He did it on his first day in the Oval office - being of Kenyan descent, he has a bit of an issue with us Brit's I think.

reply to post by OneManArmy

Indeed, thanks to modern medicine and armour, thankfully fatalities are low, but we still had almost 6,000 injured as a result of Iraq alone - then add in the 400+ dead and 2,500 injured (battle related) in Afghan and we're talking a whole Division's worth of men/women from this country having bled on their behalf...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
On a more serious note, Diego Garcia is used by The US to launch bombing raids on Afghanistan. Would they need it to mount air attacks on Syria?
As a British Overseas Territory, that could put The UK in an awkward position after last nights vote in Parliament.

We don't have control over operational issues which is at the discretion of the US Military admin on the island, as per the lease agreement....

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join