It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry praises French, snubs British on Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

n laying out the case for military strikes on Syria, Secretary of State John Kerry on Friday had praise for the French, who he called “our oldest ally,” but snubbed any mention of the British, who have long believed they enjoyed a “special relationship” with the U.S.

France is our 'oldest ally'.

Yo Kerry ?

Is this your 'special' kind of 'foreign diplomacy' of how to snub friends, and run to whoever won't turn you down ?

I respect the British Parliament more than my own congress. I respect their leaders more than I do my own. Seems the current regime from mordor has one hell of a bug up it's collective behinds.

Seems they are just out for blood without an inkling of what 'justice' truly means.

Mr. Kerry cited Australia, Turkey and the Arab League — as well as the French.

Turkey ?

From my understanding the Muslim Brotherhood seems to be running Turkey at the moment. Unless my information is incorrect.

Also seem to remember Egypt use to be ran by the Muslim Brotherhood. Who are actively fighting in the Syrian campaign on the Anti-Assad side.

Seem to remember those 'arab allies' are the very people who have been fighting the Assad regime for near 2 years or more.

Yo Kerry with firiends like that who needs enemies ?

Oh wait. Muslim Brotherhood, AQ are those people who once upon a time the US called enemies, and now you are actively aiding them. Selling lies to push them towards a victory over their enemies. Iranian backed Hezbollah.

Either our leaders are bloody effing stupid here or they are setting up the next domino to fall in the middle east.

edit on 30-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Guess it's goodbye to "Freedom Fries" and hello "French Fries" again

edit on 30-8-2013 by Isolation because: spelling

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

neo96

Either our leaders a bloody effing stupid here or they are setting up the next domino to fall in the middle east.

I think its a bit of both.

Its only public opinion here that swayed our politicians to "do the right thing".
For now at least.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

I suspect that once Americans start dying, we'll get dragged into it...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

neo96

n laying out the case for military strikes on Syria, Secretary of State John Kerry on Friday had praise for the French, who he called “our oldest ally,” but snubbed any mention of the British, who have long believed they enjoyed a “special relationship” with the U.S.

France is our 'oldest ally'.

Yo Kerry ?

Is this your 'special' kind of 'foreign diplomacy' of how to snub friends, and run to whoever won't turn you down ?

I respect the British Parliament more than my own congress. I respect their leaders more than I do my own. Seems the current regime from mordor has one hell of a bug up it's collective behinds.

Seems they are just out for blood without an inkling of what 'justice' truly means.

Mr. Kerry cited Australia, Turkey and the Arab League — as well as the French.

Turkey ?

From my understanding the Muslim Brotherhood seems to be running Turkey at the moment. Unless my information is incorrect.

Also seem to remember Egypt use to be ran by the Muslim Brotherhood. Who are actively fighting in the Syrian campaign on the Anti-Assad side.

Seem to remember those 'arab allies' are the very people who have been fighting the Assad regime for near 2 years or more.

Yo Kerry with firiends like that who needs enemies ?

Oh wait. Muslim Brotherhood, AQ are those people who once upon a time the US called enemies, and now you are actively aiding them. Selling lies to push them towards a victory over their enemies. Iranian backed Hezbollah.

Either our leaders a bloody effing stupid here or they are setting up the next domino to fall in the middle east.

First, John Kerry has no right, nor authority, to snub the British. They are our most steadfast ally, when the chips are truly down I believe they will be there for us, if the cause is just.

Secondly, doesn't old Johnny boy have a chatuea in the French Alps courtesy of his rich wife?

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I was a bit mortified to hear Kerry's "oldest ally" comment.

It smacks of absolute desperation in the White House & State Department, tbh.

France has been treated like a leper for ten years and now all of a sudden we're flavor of the week. It doesn't make me feel good.

In fact, what I feel is utter horror. Because how on earth do the Brits feel now ? There's a nation which has been alongside the USA all the way since Sept 11th 2001, they went into Iraq in 2003 despite many of them having grave doubts about that war, more importantly they lost nearly 200 men directly and God knows how many of their ex servicemen have died uncounted since.

And suddenly they're disposed of. And we're taken up in their place. That's an absolutely amateur way to run your nation's diplomacy. Desperation in the White House & State Department.

I saw Obama earlier tonight too. He looked like a rabbit caught in the car headlamps. He's absolutely clueless, totally unfit to be commander of US forces. I appreciate that he's head of state and should be accorded a modicum of dignity from foreigners & a degree of loyalty from US citizens, but goodness me, Obama sets a new standard by which idiocy in foreign affairs can be measured.

I'm sorry but that needed said.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

LeBombDiggity
I was a bit mortified to hear Kerry's "oldest ally" comment.

It smacks of absolute desperation in the White House & State Department, tbh.

France has been treated like a leper for ten years and now all of a sudden we're flavor of the week. It doesn't make me feel good.

In fact, what I feel is utter horror. Because how on earth do the Brits feel now ? There's a nation which has been alongside the USA all the way since Sept 11th 2001, they went into Iraq in 2003 despite many of them having grave doubts about that war, more importantly they lost nearly 200 men directly and God knows how many of their ex servicemen have died uncounted since.

And suddenly they're disposed of. And we're taken up in their place. That's an absolutely amateur way to run your nation's diplomacy. Desperation in the White House & State Department.

I saw Obama earlier tonight too. He looked like a rabbit caught in the car headlamps. He's absolutely clueless, totally unfit to be commander of US forces. I appreciate that he's head of state and should be accorded a modicum of dignity from foreigners & a degree of loyalty from US citizens, but goodness me, Obama sets a new standard by which idiocy in foreign affairs can be measured.

I'm sorry but that needed said.

It doesn't matter your nationality, the truth is the truth.

And you should never apologize for speaking the truth. Our current regime is in full on 'rogue' status now. I was really hoping your government would overrule Hollande and keep France out of this mess as well.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

He said 'oldest' ally and he is right. They fought with us and financially supported us against the British so he is technically right.

However, England has been our closest ally and if it was intended as a snub, shame on the US. Hope we don't behave like we did when the french disagreed.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

LeBombDiggity

Not to forget all those that had limbs blown off or took bullets and never died.
There is a LOT of injured soldiers that dont get spoken about much.
Thanks to "Help for Heroes" they are not completely forgotten.

This sort of posturing is truly disgusting and shows the true faces of these people.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

France did not do that out of the goodness of their hearts. Just like our leaders at the moment are not pushing for Syrian intervention out of the goodness of their hearts.

They hated England at the time.

Absolutely true they did come to 'our aid', but anyone having an over romanticized view of that ?

Well.

Don't have anything against France either.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I seem to recall a few months ago when the North Korean situation was hotting up Kerry made a comment that "South Korea was our closest ally"
Make of that what you will.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Dont you know? This is the MO of this entire administration, when you dont get your way, stomp your feet, scream and then punish the ones that didnt bend to your every whim, and then run off to play with another "friend"
Obama is a master of this tactic

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Sharingan
reply to post by neo96

Dont you know? This is the MO of this entire administration, when you dont get your way, stomp your feet, scream and then punish the ones that didnt bend to your every whim, and then run off to play with another "friend"
Obama is a master of this tactic

Like a spoiled brat child that doesnt get its way.
It really is pathetic.
A smacked bum is in order.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
When is someone going to start impeachment proceedings ?

Ive had enough of their BS. It needs to be done- regardless of the consequences of civil action here at home.

Edit- I know Kerry said this- but its because of the barking orders of Obama. Kerry also needs to be relieved of his duties as well.

(sorry for the confusion).

edit on 30-8-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Funny that the oldest ally of The US won't allow US airbases in their territory.
Or am i just being cynical?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

How many foreign bases do we have here in the US?
So, yea

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

Maybe Britain should tell Mr Kerry that The US carn't lease Ascension Island and Diego Garcia military bases from the UK any longer.
He should ask The French if they have anything available instead

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
In 1986 France would not let the US overfly their territory on the way to Libya. The mission was launched from the UK.

Guess history doesn't matter and we sure don't seem to learn from it.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
And totally insults Russia. Lets don't forget that. Almost like Kerry/the Admisitration wants to bring on Chaos and piss the international community off.

Nah...that's silly right? Right?

Syria, NSA, and Blackmail? Do the Math.

Unfortunate that the new ATS layout should be rolled-out today. Makes it harder to discuss these new and very important developments as regards Syria.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The GUT
And totally insults Russia. Lets don't forget that. Almost like Kerry/the Admisitration wants to bring on Chaos and piss the international community off.

Nah...that's silly right? Right?

Syria, NSA, and Blackmail? Do the Math.

Unfortunate that the new ATS layout should be rolled-out today. Makes it harder to discuss these new and very important developments as regards Syria.

This ^^^ Absolutely. The US is rolling for the fight, and I for one am damn glad some in the UK political scene grew a damn backbone and said 'no, we are not allowing you to do another Tony Bliar on us or the nations armed forces'.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join