It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry praises French, snubs British on Syria

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

And what part of the French reaction to September 11th do you particularly disapprove of, you, our very own European affairs expert ? Go take your inaccurate, snide anti-French comments to the families of those many French servicemen who died in Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Anybody ever wonder why rich Russians are buying up London?

Probably because they have shed loads of money and they view it as a good investment.

as well as British soccer teams?

Abramovich owns Chelsea.
Some Russian guy owns 50% of Bournemouth and another owns 51% of Reading, and that's it.

As far as I can tell there are 11 Americans who either own, co-own or are major share holders in English football teams.

Especially that area of London called 'Mayfair' houses are millions of Dollars.

Maybe because Mayfair is viewed as one of the most desirable places to live in the world and again, they're probably viewed as a good investment.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity

And what part of the French reaction to September 11th do you particularly disapprove of, you, our very own European affairs expert ? Go take your inaccurate, snide anti-French comments to the families of those many French servicemen who died in Afghanistan.

Sure thing, let me just get in my ww2 french tank that only knows how to reverse

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Sure thing, let me just get in my ww2 french tank that only knows how to reverse

Come now. In a historic state a of affairs a Brit is about to defend a Frenchmans honour

The French were on side in Afghanistan round 1, as was practically everybody. They were not on side in the 2003 rush to war in Iraq. History has shown they were correct and it was the UK and US public that were the clueless dupes.

In this case their president appears to be trying to do a Blair, not sure he'll get away with it.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

I mean it as friendly banter

Im just glad its the french taking the british's place beside amerika

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Feel free to start a thread about France & WW2. I'll be an active participant. But this thread is about a different subject altogether.
edit on SundayAmerica/Chicagob201309b015011 by LeBombDiggity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

To all those who find this to be a snub against the British People. I have something to say as a US Citizen.

No matter what the US Government or British Government say or do.

This much is TRUE.

The British PEOPLE are more than ALLIES or PARTNERS.

The British PEOPLE are FAMILY living across the pond.

For Better or For Worse, Through Sickness & Through Good Health. Till Death Do US Part.

I would fight and die for them the same as I would my own any day any time.

Nuff Said.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Flint2011 because: Typos

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

I don't get all the anti-french behavior in the US at all. It's in all kinds of Media and for many years. I eat French Fries and always will.

Jacques Chirac called it right back in 2003 and I remember thinking he was the only one who had any guts back then with regard to Iraq. We know for fact that is the truth now though don't we?

I have no faith in François Hollande at all. I still adore the French people no matter what though. Thick and thin my friend. Hang in there.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Feel free to start a thread about France & WW2. I'll be an active participant. But this thread is about a different subject altogether.
edit on SundayAmerica/Chicagob201309b015011 by LeBombDiggity because: (no reason given)

Be a short thread

Okay okay, i'll stop. I know the french had no chance seeing as they were right next to germany

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Well, here's a deal, I'll start a thread on the subject before the month's end.

My, what fun that will be lol.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

And to think I always thought the french were lovers and not fighters. Guess I was wrong. lol

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flint2011
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

I don't get all the anti-french behavior in the US at all. It's in all kinds of Media and for many years. I eat French Fries and always will.

I understand it perfectly, and I can actually sum it up in a single word.

Propaganda.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Well, here's a deal, I'll start a thread on the subject before the month's end.

My, what fun that will be lol.

Phaha no need, I know that french men who escaped the germans came over to the UK and enlisted into the army - Very noble of them. Not to mention the resistant fighters who risked their lives to aid the allies. The french did what they could and that was good enough.

Muchoes respect

were not buying any tanks off you though

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join