It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Christianity was a Hoax .....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Lazarus Short

It wasn't an insult, only an observation. If you do not walk by sight, you walk blindly. Nothing insulting about that, sorry if you took it that way.

You only need to have enough faith to take the next step, when you have the Light of the world guiding your path.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

When I realised christianity was a hoax, I turned more to science. I still believe in a creator I believe in spiritual growth. I believe we have purpose. But still wonder.."What does it all mean?"

Great "The Last Dragon" Avatar. Should have had Sho'Nuff tho.
edit on 30-8-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

The light of the world IS leading me. I see it every second of every day.

This is why I say those who walk without sight do not walk in the light.

edit on 30-8-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by StaceyWilson

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by StaceyWilson

should be an interesting debate

Well Yeah, you made a thread about a specific religion and included the word 'hoax'. There just might be some debate.
What made you decide to pick that religion over any other?

Not to offend , but to see peoples points of view , for there is a mass turning away from Christianity and so this just to get a gauge what people think ..

I dont think there is a mass turning away from Christianity, just those who were nominal Christians have accepted they dont really believe and have moved away from their nominal stance.
I dont believe that everyone who calls themselves a Christian is really Christian

oddly I would accept Judaism and wait for the Messiah to come as promised.
The reality is, Jesus did come and He fulfilled all the prophecies, Jesus is God and there is no question of a hoax

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

The 'light of the world', how do you define this?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Lazarus Short
For I walk by faith and not by sight.

Matthew 15
14 Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.

We all know what people without sight are: blind.

As for the OP, Christianity is impossible to be proven a hoax because of people with faith, so nothing will ever be able to prove to them it is a hoax. I personally believe that the teachings of Jesus are not a hoax, but very real. Ignore the dogma surrounding his words and you'll find an abundance of wisdom. The context that surrounds his words is what corrupts and muddies them.

That's what bothers me the most about christianity.
I think what jesus had to say and what he taught as a "philosopher" and a "rabbi" is good information and a great foundation for "living" on this planet with other humans.

However, what looses me with christianity is the adamant nature of their oppressiveness.

Why must one be forced to accept jesus christ as the "son of god"?
Why is that part so "Important"?

Why are christians forced to believe that jesus died for "sins" that supposedly adam and eve committed millions of years ago?
What kind of bs is that?

And why did christians feel inclined to kill and destroy all evidence of any peoples or culture that they encountered whose religious views did not and would not coincide with christianity?

Anyone have an accurate answer for why a religion was designed to be so "wrong" in every way?

Jesus, cool guy though. Too bad about the whole religion thing that came about full swing about a 150 years after he died.

I bet he's rolling over in his grave over what ended up happening.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Consciousness.

It's what makes us aware and is the thing which gives us sight. Sight is based on light, and the image you see every second of your life is the light of the world because it is the light everyone sees with.

Without consciousness, there is only darkness.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast

The 'light of the world', how do you define this?

Love, as intelligence, and the catalyst and stimulant for creative action, that's the light of life, it's Christ-consciosness, or even Buddha consciousness as the case may be although there's nobody there, there, except in Christianity which celebrates the person who is the Light, and who lights our path and lives and grows in us as the truth that we are beloved and chosen of God, in the world but not entirely of the word. It's the light of the truth and the spirit of the living God, that's the light of life.

/just my two cents..

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Jesus said "YOU are the light of the world."

But we must have the courage and the audacity to place our light out on the lampstand to light up for all in the house that in seeing our light they will know that what's done is done in God (couldn't have been "me").

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

That's what bothers me the most about christianity. I think what jesus had to say and what he taught as a "philosopher" and a "rabbi" is good information and a great foundation for "living" on this planet with other humans. However, what looses me with christianity is the adamant nature of their oppressiveness.

Thank you..this is part of the reason i posted this question , to observe the nature of oppressiveness and core reaction as not offend but as to bring about considering the question , if one was faced with a Conspiracy related to the Lord (Christian) The Prophet (Muslim) The Rabbi(Judaism) ...

I find the opinions of all 3 quite compelling ,
Muslims believe Jesus is the Jewish Messiah , but for the lost sheep of Israel ...and a Prophet ..but stop at being conceived of God, They find it Blasphemy that God the Almighty fathered a Son to Mary .
They also say Jesus was either born of God ...Or Born of Joseph ..in wedlock ,which creates a confusion,
If born of God , he cannot be the literal descendant of David , which was a pre requisite for the Jewish Messiah,
If born of Joseph , he will have the bloodline David , but cannot hold the Son of God Status ,which conflicks on many levels ..so Muslims take Jesus the Prophet ,Born of Joseph, The Jewish Messiah...

Of course Jews believe he was a Rabbi , and Prophet , But not the Messiah , which doesnt full fill the torah in their eyes , they are awaiting their messiah , and Elijah

And we all know the teachings of Christianity in the western world ...SOn of God , Born of God , Virgin Birth, Died and rose , Is alive today ...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Where did your consciousness come from, that light?

Have you ever had experiences in life where what you thought was good or right or true led you to place that was far removed from where you wanted to go or who you wanted to be?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Love, as intelligence, and the catalyst and stimulant for creative action, that's the light of life, it's Christ-consciosness, or even Buddha consciousness as the case may be although there's nobody there, there, except in Christianity which celebrates the person who is the Light, and who lights our path and lives and grows in us as the truth that we are beloved and chosen of God, in the world but not entirely of the word. It's the light of the truth and the spirit of the living God, that's the light of life.

/just my two cents..

I can get behind this.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Asking where we came from is pointless because there is no beginning. Eternity is infinite in both directions.

Sure.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

It wasn't an insult, only an observation. If you do not walk by sight, you walk blindly. Nothing insulting about that, sorry if you took it that way.

OK, no sweat. I do use my eyes, but when I say I walk by faith and not by sight, I am speaking metaphorically. I have noticed that many people lack the ability to SEE WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING AT. That is essential.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

What are you looking at?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Asking where we came from is pointless because there is no beginning. Eternity is infinite in both directions.

Sure.

If you don't want to answer the question you can just say so, or not respond at all.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

There is no answer because there was no beginning. Asking where we came from implies a beginning. If there is an answer, please share it.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Oh.
I believe, in the beginning, God created.

I love you too!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Where did we come from though? Saying you believe in a beginning isn't exactly an answer to where we came from. If God has no beginning then there was no beginning.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Where did we come from though? Saying you believe in a beginning isn't exactly an answer to where we came from. If God has no beginning then there was no beginning.

I believe I am a created being uniquely made to know God.
Not a God.
I have a beginning, He doesn't.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join