It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane horns and thunder in the skies above Canada

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well, there have been some pretty good suggestions here so far.

But how about...

???

Im kidding of course. I am however going to be keeping an eye on any and all investigation into these sounds, because if they are going to be happening more, then I believe that we should be looking into these things. The fact of the matter is, that theory will abound, but I couldnt give a crap about IDEAS of what it is, I want to KNOW what it is, and the fact that no one seems to be performing experiments and actually making a serious effort to look into these matters is somewhat upsetting to me.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Personally I think the "not one other person had a camera or was in the street" is a weak argument against. I'm the only one I know that HAS a youtube account.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This video is real. If you read the entire post, every post, and actually are intelligent, and did some research and have the right software, you can verify this vid is legit. As for a hoax, I know what they mean by it filled the sky. This is likely a natural phenomenon, with the Earths' magnetosphere, or the core. My first impression was that, and/or tectonic plates grinding (but there would be a massive earth quake if it were plates). It seems some scientists have the theory that as the poles shift the core is not moving at the same speed as the planets rotation, and from a point on the Earths' surface that the harmonics are directed, this video is the end result from a human observer. Is it the end of the world? It probably won't end while hearing these sounds, but it could vary well be the beginning, as far as the length it will take? I have no idea, it seems we humans just evolve, and the more people and drugs and problems out there, with the affordable technology, plus add in Hollywood, have some people on edge.

What I have to ask all of you is, could this be related the the thread of the Secretary of Defense or whatever she was, saying we are about to have a massive natural disaster, and with the comet passing soon that doesn't look like a comet, does this suggest something may happen big time soon? That is the million dollar question. There is always a doomsday, but you still need to take the trash out the next morning when you wake up and nothing has happened.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Holy crap! And allegedly this happened a month and 10 days earlier also?! Over the SAME town?

That element is even crazier than the sound in the first place. Because even if it's the most obscure environmental anomaly ever, that city is NOT in the same place 40 days later!

(Hmmn. The back of my head argues that neither are the areas which get the Northern Lights, and yet, they are generally limited to certain regions. OK that argument doesn't work I guess.)

The comic strip in my head says it's the alien PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT system. Someone up in the invisible mothership is going, "Holy crap Gwarkon, would you point the mike AWAY from the speaker already?!"

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
- offer your sweetest girl a glass of wine

dance with her

- female intiuition 1985 -

...so oldschool groovy
so intimate

- enjoy : HER

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The problem here, If it's an actual audio recording, listen to the wind. You can hear it at the same time. At first I thought that's all it was, until I paid attention to that.

Furthermore, whatever the sound was, was off in the distance across the land not in the sky...Never had I heard and train or train station, nor whales or dolphins create such noises.

Why would anyone toss their window open and pitch noises like that? Simply isn't going to happen with the recording materials they were using. They also just had a massive earthquake off Alaska.

Days before these recordings...Either, the neighbors are used to hearing such around there or would all be out in the yard tripping over fences and such.
edit on 31-8-2013 by ArchangelOger because: Incomplete

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiBosh

Sounds like a train to me.. I used to live near a rail road station.. sometimes they would make some really aweful sounds you could hear at great distances.

edit on 31-8-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hello All,

Long time reader, first ever reply. I finally felt compelled to register on ATS, mainly due to this subject. Since I can remember, I am full of curiosity, but always have maintained a healthy dose of reasonable skepticism.

I live in Queens, not far from LGA. About 3 or 4 months ago, I had trouble sleeping like anyone occasionally does (just life, not related to anything mysterious or this event). I was about to fall asleep (around 3:30 AM when I heard what I thought was an airplane engine, and since not far from LGA thought nothing of it - except for it being so loud, I assumed I had left my "smoking window" open in the kitchen. I went in to close it, but it was already closed, as all the windows were. I thought it was rather odd that a plane sounded so loud, since in 14 years living there I have never heard anything like it.

The sound continued for 23 minutes, fading away about 10 minutes in only to return 30 seconds to a minute later, again at 16 minutes, and finally stopping at 23 or so. When i pulled the drapes to look into sky, I noticed other neighbors at their windows looking out as as well. The sound was not trumpeting, but sounded like a large, commercial aircraft was "hovering" and moving across the area. I saw nothing in the sky (fairly clear night), and after ruling out thunder, airplane, helicopter (this was after the first two minutes), I pulled out my smart phone and began searching "strange sky noise in Queens, checked for local alerts or NYC notifications that i am signed up for, and even called the precinct and asked if anyone was reporting strange rumbling from the sky. I was told yes, there were other calls, probably just thunder.

Of course, my Google searches yielded plenty of results of reports throughout the world, plenty of hoaxes, plenty of scientific and non-scientific explanations. A friend of mine from CT told me that a week earlier he had heard some "booms in the sky" and "airplane sounds" as well, and apparently some local news stations reported on them as well.

The very next night, I slept like a hibernating bear, but during dinner that night i brought up the subject and my 13 year old Son said he heard the same exact noise for about 30 minutes at around the same time. He woke up thinking someone opened the garage door in the back, and could not sleep again until the noise was gone.

I have not yet discovered a solid explanation for these various atmospheric noises, at least one that i can understand. Science seems to suggest that these are created by Aurora traveling through our outer atmosphere. Has anyone found conclusive evidence or reporting on what actually causes this?

I apologize for not including links to news stories, but i thought it pointless. If you do a google search, you will find many examples of this happening in public places, with plenty of people around, including an MLB baseball game somewhere. I will be more effective the next time i post.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Quite honestly it sounds like something metallic on a train.

If you look on google maps, there's a shed load of railway lines around there. Chances are it's that.

Or, it's fake. There's been a bunch of pranksters audio-faking these sorts of youtube videos.

Mainly, it isn't supernatural, it isn't some underground cave or atmospheric condition - either fake, or some bad metal issue on a train.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
edit on 31-8-2013 by Pink Panther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Ok, I've debated back and forth whether or not to post, as I'm not super thrilled to advertise online my exact location; but I figure what does it matter really.

I live in Terrace at the moment, and I heard this sound. For those who would rather not just take my word for it, fair enough and Mods feel free to check my IP address to test the veracity of my claim yea or nay whether I speak the truth in living here and post your finding if you so desire. I give the Mods full permission to do this.

Honestly I completely forgot about this until I saw this thread posted. That may sound odd, but there are mitigating circumstances as to why it left my memory. For one thing, I leave to work in the morning at the last possible minute after hitting snooze 2 or 3 times and am usually right on time or a few minutes late. Now I am a complete space case for the first hour or so in the mornings, and i literally woke up at most 20 minutes before and was outside having a smoke. My mind was heavily preoccupied with other things going on in my life, so that is another factor. I very well may have remembered eventually but until this thread it had slipped my mind.

As to the sound itself; very loud and I remember my initial impression was 'that sounds like those sounds I've heard on youtube' and also was sort of excited at the same time as I love being privy to weird stuff happening.

Someone told me that on the radio a city official of one sort or another was theorizing and putting forth an explanation of it being a combination of the grader grinded and a train squealing. I have a hard time buying that personally, and it sounds like a guy just trying to come up with some normal answer. This sound was LOUD and went on for awhile, the longer it went on the more sort of thrilling it was listen to. It sounded like it came from the sky, and I am not completely against the Grader explanation, although as the woman in the video has said, I'd like to see them reproduce the sound with the Grader because to me that was far too loud to make sense.

I admit right now though I could be wrong because I am not overly familiar with the logistics or acoustics of how loud it could possibly become.

So for those of you that believe me on this, you can put to rest the concept that this is some sort of youtube hoax. Nope. Everyone I talked to last night heard about this, it has caused quite the little buzz around town. Could it have been some pranksters cranking the noise out from over a turbo charged PA speaker system? I guess, but that seems unlikely to me as it would take quite the set up to make a sound that LOUD. Not out of the realm of possibility, but I have no idea how someone would go about doing that and furthermore it seems like quite a bit of trouble to go through to gain a little random notoriety.

Feel free to ask me any questions, but I've pretty much covered it. In a strange way I wonder why this didn't freak me out more than it did. I have seen other strange things around here and know other people who have had some wild experiences of the so called paranormal variety so there is some history of high strangeness in the area already.

I didn't hear the one in June or whenever it was they said the noise occurred before.

edit on 31-8-2013 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I just watched the youtube link, did anyone notice the aircraft- looking object in the upper right corner, i think it's at 14-16 seconds? Not sure what it is, all i could see was what appears to be the front end. Very curious about what it may be & if this could be the source of the noise.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Bring it on.
I look forward to being interrogated. The floor is open and I'm willing to field any questions anyone may have, if any. As I've said already though, I've given you all the pertinent details so far as I can recall.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiBosh

I live in a small town in Northern BC, while I was at work I got a txt from a friend who lives in Terrace, a fairly large town a few hours away:

www.google.ca...,-122.752418&sspn=0.386519,1.056747&vp6&t=h&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Terr ace,+Kitimat-Stikine,+British+Columbia&ll=54.489187,-128.566132&spn=0.762592,2.113495&z=10

The whole town was shaken up, when in the morning of an otherwise perfectly peaceful day the skies boomed with this insanely loud 'noise' that then ended in a long, rolling boom. This was LOUD, it pretty much emptied every building in the city.

The sound quality on this is amazing, this is some of the best recorded data on this phenomena. My guess is some kind of spike of celestial radiation, perhaps not even something originating from our Sun, hitting our magnetosphere and ionosphere, and somehow 'punching through' where it resulted in this bizarre harmonic resonance in the sky.

Anyone else have a theory?

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Sonic boom from a fighter plane going hypersonic. That happened in places like New York and Los Angeles (not just with Concorde). The soundwave from a high altitude fighter plane doing this can travel for hundreds of miles.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
First; thank you for the video. When music vids were creative, and there was something to be communicated with all, with no threats.
Now; if you are out from under your rocks. The Trumpet, Sky Quake, etc has been going on for a long time, now, and all over the world. Run a simple search on your favorite browser.
I grew up with trains, even hopped a couple, Rochester to Buffalo freights and rode first class twice including Pullman. They can be noisy and the sound travel a good distance. However, those sounds in Canada may resemble train noise, but go on far too long, too loud, and without fade.
Last;one hell of a conspiracy/prank for this long. Even Anonymous couldn't have pulled it off.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Okay I have finally been able to listen to this since being on my computer instead of ipad that for some reason won't load you tube. I heard this on Sunday (8/25/13); this exact horn. I am not in Canada but I heard this. I feel as if no one will believe me but I'm posting anyway just because I had blown it off until now, and it's nice to have a shared experience with this phenomenon. I didn't even look to see when this happened in Canada but I know it was Sunday for me because I called a friend back East. I was trying to hold the phone out for her to listen, and was describing it (she couldn't hear it through the phone). I told her it sounded like someone was playing a trumpet (my son was learning it at one point and it sounded like someone was just blowing in it over and over again).

It was coming from the east (from the perspective of my home), but I could not place its location. I thought it could be a trains squeaky brakes but it continued for about an hour and was coming from the same spot so not a train, which would be moving (tracks in the direction I heard it from are rarely used, and it would block traffic if a train sat that long going back and forth - this is in the downtown area so would have known about it from my daughter who was down there that evening). I asked her if there was a band playing or warming up. She stated there was not. I can't say it was coming from the sky but it was 'over' the town - like from the mountains that are in that direction.

Until this thread I have not thought much more of it. It stopped nearly an hour after it started. I assumed if it was heard by others and was an unexplained phenomenon I would hear about it. I truly did not want to get weird about it. I did not notice any neighbors standing outside looking in that direction, which I had commented to my friend was strange since it was so loud. For what it's worth I heard this exact sound. Either some of us are sharing a hallucination or others heard this as well and just wrote it off as I did. Weird.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandyjack
Now; if you are out from under your rocks. The Trumpet, Sky Quake, etc has been going on for a long time, now, and all over the world. Run a simple search on your favorite browser.
I grew up with trains, even hopped a couple, Rochester to Buffalo freights and rode first class twice including Pullman. They can be noisy and the sound travel a good distance. However, those sounds in Canada may resemble train noise, but go on far too long, too loud, and without fade.
Last;one hell of a conspiracy/prank for this long. Even Anonymous couldn't have pulled it off.

I had never heard of this before ATS. Really fascinating.

That is way too loud, too stable, too widespread, and too repeated, for it to be a train (great, now we can add trains to the list of stuff like "venus" and "meteors" to explain-everything).

I'm sure it's some natural phenomenon but I'd sure like to know what.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest, I hope it happens again. Been eventful around here lately with those 2 recent earthquakes and a couple other things. I shall have either my phone or digital camera close by should that sound occur again. Then I can become youtube famous, haha no jk. Definitely a curious thing. I hope they attempt to recreate the sound in order to vet that particular potential explanation. If it didn't sound so similar to those youtube clips of other sounds around the world I would perhaps be more open to the grinding grader hypothesis. And if it is true that it was heard from as far away as Vancouver or even Hazelton then that option becomes even less tenable obviously. At least to explain all of them, perhaps they are all are separate events in the respective locations. Even then, you must ask well then why were they all heard at basically the same time?

I admit I do not know the details of the other places other than what I've read on this thread and youtube so I'm not able to speculate too much on that.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think it sounds like huge freight trains or something.I mean there has to be a rational explanation for something like this.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join