It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian War: Brief and Limited

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Calgarian just posted... "Russia will not intervene"

Of course not and how convenient of them to share that news with SYRIA with less than 7 days or whatever until the US barnstorms them...

We can already wash right over this...

On to Iran...

The cheese stands alone, the cheese stands alone hi ho the derry-o the cheese stands alone....

Global govt is being put into place, none of this China vs USA vs Russia bs is real...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It doesn't matter what they say, they have been working so hard to make military intervention possible with the least amount of domestic and international protest. With that said, they have been planning military action the entire time and were just waiting until the the U.S allies (Al-Qaeda) were successful in using gas based weapons.

We all knew that at some point the US was going to intervene militarily in Syria, the only question was, what excuse were they going to use and how much force would be applied. The notion that it will be some limited 3 day operation to "send a message" is a complete and total farce. We could have launched a three day campaign with a third of the naval forces we have in the region.

Americans don't wan't this "war". Assad or the "rebels" , they both hate us and we are aiding, funding and are going to fighting alongside the same group our government claims was responsible for 9/11.

Fighting with people that hate us against other people that hate us? Yeah, what could possibly go wrong there?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I love the buzzwords used, "Brief and Limited!"

To all the idiots that are allowing this to happen; War IS War! We are going to war and we are going to let this happen?!!!

Friday nite while people are driving to their weekend parties, cookouts, baseball games, and all the other fun stuff, our satan and arms is going to throw our constitution out the window again and start the bombing on foreign soil again....

I won't be sleeping well.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Been telling you guys this would be a non-event........

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The only thing worse is all the self righteous ATS'ers who are "SO" against war but who now will be so mad that nothing happens. Hmmmmm....

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think its pretty obvious that Assad has skipped town by this point, he got all his family and his friends out of the country, made sure the evidence was neatly wrapped up with some proper explosives and went on his merry over to Iran.

If any real hardcore evidence actually still exists in that country it wont for much longer. The best thing about countries like Syria was that you could do whatever you wanted there under a fake corporation and no one would really care. Every country has its projects and its ultimate goals, hell there is no real way of knowing what the US has brewed up in the kitchen much less everything that has been made in Syria since 9/11.

Iran, China, Russia, all of them back that nation and are rigidly anti intervention.
Why? Because they think its wrong?

Unless i am missing something China, Russia and Iran never had any real morals to begin with. Hell they don't even try too. That is why this country will be bombed, it is a house cleaning. A nation with too many secrets with too many people that took it to far.

Oil isn't the only thing Syria had that other countries would want, and it still isnt, Assad showed off a new toy and we all got the spillover conspiracy to chew on while they clean up the results and salt the earth.

edit on 28-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
It's a short hit and git like Desert Fox and similar operations, if Assad bends over and takes his whooping like a good tyrant.

Well I think you know better than that my friend, in fact I know that you're smarter than that. Assad could be begging to go into exile as we speak, but maybe those who want him gone have no interest or plans to even give him that option? I think they want him to go out just like Muammar Gaddafi, but who really knows the end game here.

If he resists and fights? Our little venture into international discipline will have started a major war from a situation where direct, flagged forces of another nation hadn't fired shots in anger until we arrived.

Exactly, but possible fabricated stories of chemical attacks against the internationalist bought and payed for mercenaries, I mean Syrian rebels, will validate any response that the internationalist instigators who use America as their Military sword decides to execute.

I hope nothing happens. This is the area of the world I hope for nothing more .....than nothing happening.

I could not agree with you more. We just need to slow down and use a little restraint and commonsense here. This is all part of the silent black war for resources against Red China (Iran too), and Russia.

Still even with that being understood by some, if this is all about the Western Worlds ultimate survival plan, They should just say so while using some logic instead of regime changing the entire area where former yes men puppets ruled.

Honesty in this situation could turn out to be a good thing. Then maybe some true dialogue could be accomplished. I know it's a dream, but it's my dream. Kind of like Burt Reynolds who played "Jack" in the movie Boogie Nights. LMAO!
~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

Only one Israeli site is running that story, go figure..
A war with Syria/Iran/Israel etcetetc will be far from limited.
edit on 28-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
this will be quick and surgical
no world war 3.....
any resistance offered by Syria or Iran
will be dealt with with ease.
the US will slap the snot out of them.
the US has massive training and massive tech.
the US is sending a message..there will be no misinterpretation.
do i agree with this stance? no..but i see this as the reality.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
this will be quick and surgical
no world war 3.....
any resistance offered by Syria or Iran
will be dealt with with ease.
the US will slap the snot out of them.
the US has massive training and massive tech.
the US is sending a message..there will be no misinterpretation.
do i agree with this stance? no..but i see this as the reality.

Your speculation could be correct, the evidence however, points to it not being correct. There has been a deliberate and laddered approach to this "intervention" and it has been played out in the public theater with Syria's closest allies, Russia and Iran.

If you think we can slip in for 3 days, launch some cruise missiles and just start ass patting, you may be celebrating a little too soon. I'm not ready to call world war three but Syria isn't Libya, they have some powerful allies with economic and strategic military assets to protect.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

you may very well be right
this is a confounding situation to be sure
information seems to change daily
there is no clear avenue or direction
i dont know..i hope for the best..thats all i can do.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Syrian "war"? What war? If anything this "strike" is looking like it is petering out. May not happen.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

i hope
you are correct

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Keep your eye on the news. Looking increasingly likely this will be a non-event. Woo hoo!!!

Originally posted by autopat51
reply to post by princeofpeace

i hope
you are correct

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
If we 'intervene', nothing will be short nor limited.

The US will attempt to knock out the Russian made and manned S-300 batteries in Syria and will kill Russians. Things will get very dicey very quickly between the Eagle and the Bear.
Israel will be attacked and will respond in whatever fashion they deem, irregardless of what the US or any other nation thinks.
When Israel attacks Iran, MOIS sleeper cells in Israel and the US will go active, creating terror attacks in the major cities of New York, Tel Aviv, Washington, D.C., and others.
In response to MOIS attacks, Israel will probably shoot the moon (nukes.) Let's pray that's not the case.
Meanwhile, in the US, as terror attacks and a war with Russia takes it's toll, the American population welcomes UN Security Forces to help 'protect' the homeland.

Game. Set. Match.

*This is just one possible hypothetical scenario. Obviously, none of us know how this is going to go. Personally, they should all (Obama, Assad, Putin, etc.) have a giant beer summit and drink the special Kool-Aid going around... the stuff that makes you go, "Hey, killing people is bad, let's see what feeding and educating them can do!"*

S-300 likely is not there in Syria.
Yakhont (anti-ship missile) is there. It is a shore based battery that was attacked by Israel.
An underwater asset is more likely to succeed against US ships, as compared to a shore battery.

US has very good satellite and air surveillance capability, so land based systems are at risk.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Syrian "war"? What war? If anything this "strike" is looking like it is petering out. May not happen.

Will happen. Delay means usually they are taking time in selecting targets.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Said it yesterday and I will say it again -- hell even heard the so called experts muse on the very same aspects -- this isn't going to be good.

Time Magazine was right, this isn't Iraq. This is much worse and much more nefarious and underhanded; despite their best efforts to spin it as a good thing.

Russia is defending Syria for their one and only port in the Mediterranean. So while they might not actively fight any battles, you can be sure they will dump a whole lot of arms and money into keeping Syria their last bit of influence in their diminished sphere.

Iran/Israel has been a few years in the making. Any chance for these two to unleash hell in the Middle East, they will do so. Not taking sides nor saying who was on first -- but they will go at it.

Saudia Arabia just might take the chance to become the new Egypt -- strong, powerful, and not in the cross hairs of the United States.

We destabilize the whole of the region in which the rest (read, not really the United States anymore) get their oil from, we win. Especially since we sit upon a vast reserve of natural gas to supplement the disrupted markets that we drove into chaos.

If we strike, it will be anything but brief and anything but limited. Maybe in the media's eyes with their coverage but it will be protracted and eventually other nations will be involved.

Alex Jones is a day late on his analysis as I already called out all this two days ago.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Keep your eye on the news. Looking increasingly likely this will be a non-event. Woo hoo!!!

Hope so...but then you must ask....why all the posturing? To prove we can destroy them at will? To feel the global willingness to engage in such an action? Why? Have you ever thought to ponder that?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
There is still something left in Syria, something they don't want to deal with or something they can't talk about dealing with. Nobody seems to really want to go in, Russia and China's blocking was no surprise it was counted on as an excuse. This is all buying time, but in that time wouldn't the rebels be doing something? What about the Syrian Army? If Assad is gone, and i think he has flown town by now, then this is when either the rebels or even the terrorists should be striking but its gotten all sorts of quiet.

So while everyone is watching damascus what else is going on outside the city? Who is pushing back and who is still breathing?

I expect the Syrians to be quiet, but i also expect the other side to be making a lot of noise if only to start the bombing.

Despite all their bluster, no one wants to be in Syria.

Zombies.

And where are the pictures? By this point i sort of expected a wave of pictures with big mass graves and what not. Don't get me wrong, i am not trying to push some sort of tragic flood of images but i am somewhat surprised that none of the MSM seem to have much in the way of photos of Syria floating about right now.
edit on 29-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
This is all buying time, but in that time wouldn't the rebels be doing something? What about the Syrian Army? If Assad is gone, and i think he has flown town by now, then this is when either the rebels or even the terrorists should be striking but its gotten all sorts of quiet.

Great question! It was "leaked" that we would strike within "days" or "as early as Thursday". That is no accident. That is a warning shot across the bow if ever I have seen one. Of course CNN is full bore on the idea with their "floor map" that is now Syria instead of Iraq.

God/Zues/Reaganomics/Clintonistas/Obama save us.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join