It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Russia says 'won't intervene' if Syria attacked

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
www.ynetnews.com...

"Russia will not intervene if Syria is attacked," a source in Moscow told the Interfax news agency Wednesday evening.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told Britain on Wednesday that the UN Security Council should not consider a draft resolution in response to an alleged chemical arms attack in Syria before UN inspectors report on their findings there.

It might turn into a regional war; however, Russia will not put their military or men into this conflict at all.
Weapon supply? Most def, same with Iran.

There will be no WW3 over this.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Did any rational person think otherwise?

Syria isn't a resource to get involved in a war for.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

However if it's Iran then Russia will get involved due to strategic interests

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience

Not much of a history buff, eh? Sure...it could just fizzle out. But what about Iran & Israel? Think, AS, think!

However, I know it's a day of celebration for you, seeing as how your peeps totally screwed the blessed memory of MLK on national TV today. Don't get me wrong: Bush was an effer, too. They ALL make me throw up.

My peeps you ask? Peacemakers...not whoremongers...I mean "warmongers."
edit on 28-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yeah, this is going to break a lot of peoples hearts here on ATS.
I get the impression that a lot of them wanted Russia to go in and demonstrate their super awesome world destroying hyper powers of death. Sadly that's not going to be the case here.
Syria is done for.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
straight from an Israeli news site

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I bet if one of those 50,000 volunteers is Russian and he dies they'll join in

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
www.ynetnews.com...

"Russia will not intervene if Syria is attacked," a source in Moscow told the Interfax news agency Wednesday evening.

Great reporting!!.....so an un named source from Moscow told them. Then goes on to name drop, but talking about a different subject.

Not a very trustworthy source in my opinion...

edit on 28-8-2013 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

I just read an article from not a reliable source that said Russia and China just walked out of the UN national security meeting -

struck a deal with the West, or waiting until a lot more damage is done, to then, take over Syria for their pipeline?

Hard saying.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by EA006

I just read an article from not a reliable source that said Russia and China just walked out of the UN national security meeting -

struck a deal with the West, or waiting until a lot more damage is done, to then, take over Syria for their pipeline?

Hard saying.

I think the gesture was more on the order of "Hell No".
For Russia, Putin has already pledged to grind our poor butts into the dirt with a proxy war
that we simply can't afford. If the stocks get propped up despite light sweet crude oil taking
an upward creep, there's another inflation bandaid coming that will suffocate us all this time.
I'm still awaiting the next batch of T- notes (short for toilet, not Treasury.. quote me)
maturing: and the fallout of these "traders" not having any metals at all to cover this time
either. Sucking sounds will become accompanied with hull-crunching soon.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Russia has not even take basic diplomatic actions to show the West it was against an attack on Syria. It has done just enough to keep money flowing for small arms and that is all it cares about.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

not sure which source you referring but i read that some time ago, here ... investmentwatch
true, it's a blog with several twitter references, however, given the number and variety of sources listed, i tend to believe it.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Samantha powere - aka Mrs. sunstien - is now doing the "negotiating" at the UN - so.....

You can bet the US is still going down - financial collapse? - Russia and China given the US to invade?

All sounds crazy, but I don't trust those people up in washington with anything.

We know it's bad - it's just when it's all going to collapse, is all we don't really know.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
If it follows the SOP Airstrikes will cover the insertion of "friendly" trained rebels( Heard that one before right?)to secure the area for spec ops,who will blow stuff up with lasers guiding weapons.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

cautiously, i will add this ... so long as a drip can be drained, it will not collapse.

from the moment the plan was laid forth, destruction from within, can only be achieved while our focus is directed elsewhere.

distraction and deviation, as tools, are quite effective.

psssst ... they may be more concerned/focused on the progress of the TPP (TransPacific Partnership) as well as maintaining its 'secrecy'.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I think history buffs have a hard sell using past "performance" to predict what may happen in any of the current conditions manifesting in this world. It is new manufactured ground, and most of it is untested territory now.

Technology has everything to do with it, as the past has never seen such capability. I fear for this world, but perhaps, our technology, while making it so much easier to destroy, may have a better chance at saving it. It is a positive outlook, don't you think? , or if not, should that not be the way we should be thinking?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
www.ynetnews.com...

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told Britain on Wednesday that the UN Security Council should not consider a draft resolution in response to an alleged chemical arms attack in Syria before UN inspectors report on their findings there.

It might turn into a regional war; however, Russia will not put their military or men into this conflict at all.
Weapon supply? Most def, same with Iran.

While I have not doubt that Russia would use it as an excuse to dump arms/cash into a conflict outside their borders (given their diminished sphere of influence since the fall of the USSR), it doesn't meant it would just remain regional.

You still have the trigger happy Iranians and Israels that have been searching for an excuse. Most of it posturing, but you never know. You still have China who wants to become a Middle East player. You have Saudi Arabia who would love to be the "new" Egypt. You still have the loss of Turkey from NATO, Jordan, Yemen (given we have been bombing there for years) and others that want their stake.

I hope for only a regional conflict but the pieces are set. Pawns are well positioned and the King is protected. Bishops control the flanks and the Rooks have an open file to move.....The queen is ready to move and become a player upon the board.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience

If regime change is needed so that Qatar can supply natural gas to Europe via a pipeline through Syria then it becomes a more important resource. Syria blocks Qatar while Russia supplies natural gas to Europe. Qatar is supplying the rebels with arms and mercenaries so yeah, unfortunately, big bucks is worth fighting for...so now Russia can rest easy since Obama isn't threatening regime change but just a slap on the wrist with a couple of cruise missiles aimed at what?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Ah right an Israeli news source

How reliable they have being.
edit on 29-8-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Honor93

Samantha powere - aka Mrs. sunstien - is now doing the "negotiating" at the UN

She is around now? I thought she was on vacation. I haven't found a news report saying what you have said. It seems she is still absent and we have no foreign presence other than force.

Okay, I did find this:

Samantha Power: Syrian President Has Used Chemical Weapons

Really Mrs Power -- what evidence do you have. Present it; even it is baloney. It sold the world before, so why haven't we presented our evidence in open court for all to see?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join