It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian War: Brief and Limited

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

I think you nailed it....but before anything else happens and the dust settles should they be successful in eliminating Assad....there will be a central bank, because that is obviously what the rebels were fighting for...just like Libya.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
How brief and how limited? I wonder if this is totally going to turn in to be one of those ironic statements, as it turns into an extended world war.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
UK no longer on board. This is a serious blow to the US. This operation will NOT happen.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Iran and Syria have the firepower required, and I believe they have the will - the possible fallout from attacking them is of insane proportions - and is not at all justifiable in any logical or sane mind.

It may well be over very quickly, with Iran and Syria virtually untouched and the rest of the world, especially the US economically crushed.

I think you could be right on this and it's something even I have a hard time imagining actually happening? Yet, there is no question the means and ability are there to cause it. The thing is, the U.S. has had supremacy for so long now, even other nations are all but run by people who don't well remember a world without that being the case. Really, 1989 was when that could last be said, wasn't true.

I have a bad feeling it's gotten both the US and it's allies into a lull of thinking total war and the discretion of waging war is entirely ours to turn on AND off, at will. Of course, with no damage or direct loss to the Homeland. America has never had significant homeland loss and England hasn't since World War II on a major scale and the height of the IRA on the scale this may start off on.

----

Our side isn't even allowing for the serious possibility that the opposition will fight back. We've been spoiled and made soft by crap like Saddam. True 2 legged manure. He ran his nation as a cult of personality so total, when he fell..IT fell with absolutely nothing to fall back ON. Syria may or may not be similar with the Assad 'Dynasty', as it's become ....but Russia sure isn't and Iran is anything but.

* I hate to war game my own country..but it's not like I'm some tactical whiz, coming up with revolutionary ideas these full nation states haven't thought of, many times I'd imagine. So I'd say just a few things would be war enders..FOR US..not them..if they chose to wage war commensurate with what they stand to lose (their personal lives, no matter HOW it turns out, as Gadaffi showed)

*-* Flood the market in strategic points around the world with gold and silver for general confusion and chaos while dramatically ramping up currency in circulation with 3rd party currency. I call it that because counterfeit is insulting to the level of what is suspected to have come out of Iran and North Korean intelligence agencies. A trillion spread all over the nations of the world would be enough to throw the whole economy into a nightmare for quite awhile. (Although the people it started with would sure have the time of their friggin lives in the final moments of the Titanic going down .... - BTW My address for some money is .........
)

*-* Closure by physical blockage (scuttle a few old tankers and make a real big mess of it for navigation) in the Suez and Hormuz. The merchants and Navies of the world alike ought to like the old Cape route for while......not. Economic disaster in the way to catastrophe with serious calamity as a possible forecast.

*-* The granddaddy of them all for nightmares. The EMP. It's what I'm most concerned about because it's the game ENDER for any modern western civ one would be used inside of ...without necessarily killing people. I've listened to the Ayatollah closely in what he's had to say over the years ...and it's been chilling in the VERY clear reference to nuclear, yet also the VERY unmistakable prohibition against killing with it. No thermonuclear warheads from them, but what that leaves is worse. The Military facility at Parchin, Iran is a nuclear one whose purpose is unknown and is off the inspection limits, when they are cooperating. What goes on there? It's off limits BECAUSE it's nuclear and so, not part of the agreement. This is the logic used to deny access. So it's nature isn't in question....just what military is doing with nuclear if it's not warheads.

*-* Last but never least in that region... This could be an interesting feint to gang-fight Israel from all directions at once. It would make...the 4th? 5th? time that's been tried. So it's hardly a (gasp) moment of disbelief to suggest it could be happening. Just what would a coordinated dance to that fight look like if Israel wasn't supposed to be fully aware it was about to happen?

I see nothing good on the back end of this. 100% bad...and nothing in-between to make a single life lost, worth it.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The idea that a war in Syria will be brief and limited is not completely inaccurate. Brief most likely around 90 days, however limited will not be in the vocabulary. Both Syria and Iran have stated that should the US attack, Israel will get attacked. Once Israel jumps in you might see the Bear hit Israel. If people remember, Israel has threatened to cut Russia's pipeline and the Bear has not forgot this.

Depending on what Israel gets hit with will determine what their response is to Damascus will be. Should Israel use the Samson option I'm sure the Bear will use Israel as a loo and dump all over them. The US won't back Israel if they do but will be forced to head for Iran. Don't expect the Dragon to set idle with their oil supply being threatened by the US. It won't be a protracted conflict but it will be a very costly one.

Once the smoke and dust settle, it will be a brave new world.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Possible course of events:

1. US strikes Syria

2. Israel attacked, 9/11 type of event occurs in the US / Syria or Iran blamed (FF)

3. Markets crash

4. Full on attack of both Syria and Iran by the US

5. Israel attacked again but with chemical

6. Samson option against Damascus

7. Bear and Dragon join in

This is not a prediction just a possible course of events.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
The idea that a war in Syria will be brief and limited is not completely inaccurate. Brief most likely around 90 days, however limited will not be in the vocabulary. Both Syria and Iran have stated that should the US attack, Israel will get attacked. Once Israel jumps in you might see the Bear hit Israel. If people remember, Israel has threatened to cut Russia's pipeline and the Bear has not forgot this.

Depending on what Israel gets hit with will determine what their response is to Damascus will be. Should Israel use the Samson option I'm sure the Bear will use Israel as a loo and dump all over them. The US won't back Israel if they do but will be forced to head for Iran. Don't expect the Dragon to set idle with their oil supply being threatened by the US. It won't be a protracted conflict but it will be a very costly one.

Once the smoke and dust settle, it will be a brave new world.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Possible course of events:

1. US strikes Syria

2. Israel attacked, 9/11 type of event occurs in the US / Syria or Iran blamed (FF)

3. Markets crash

4. Full on attack of both Syria and Iran by the US

5. Israel attacked again but with chemical

6. Samson option against Damascus

7. Bear and Dragon join in

This is not a prediction just a possible course of events.

I'm almost certain the US has some way to shut down Israeli missiles. Whether that's the missile defense shields we've worked on, it's from carrier groups in the region, or we can simply get into the software, it is in the US's interests to let Israel keep their threat of deterrents but secretly make them ineffective. We've given Israel nukes, and out of every country on earth with nukes they're the most likely to use them especially if it comes to an all out last ditch strike. If we allowed Israels nukes to actually fly... life on this planet would be over.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Brief and limited, my behind. They know exactly what will happen should they even rain one missile down on Syria. Iran has already announced that they will attack Israel. The dominoes will topple, and before we know it, it's all out war. If Obama goes forward with this, then he is showing his intention to provoke a world war. If he doesn't, he'll either continue arming the MB or send covert operations over there to destabilize Syria. Sick to death of war. When will it end.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
they teach in middle schools that war benefits the economy. why would they want a war that was brief and limited? pls show me a war the usa made brief and limited?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

It would be a nice WW3 scenario but most likely Russia won't get involved (at least not directly). Russians may raise their finger to America but they are not the powerful communist S.U they used to be. Now they are just another social/capitalistic country. Of course they still have huge economic and military power, but today, they are not a match to USA. Sure they have huge economic interest's in middle east, but they are smart enough to know that starting a war with USA will be devastating for them. Israel and Usa have the upperhand in middle east, and Putin knows that.
On the other hand Russia can still do big damage, especially to Israel (iron shield won't be ready until 2016!), but doing that may provoke Israel to use nuke 's. Then things will get out of hand... and none want's that.
So WW3 may happen..... but no yet.........but again who knows?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Brief, huh? somehow I doubt it.

Limited? In what way? No nukes? Oh, goodie... Too many innocents will still die.

But hey, the world will be safer, right???

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
War has a way of providing war planner with surprises. If you had a dollar for every leader that believed a campaign would be brief and limited you would be a millionaire. My immediate thought of war gone wrong was actually Hitler's "you have only to kick in the door and the whole rotten structure will come crashing down" speech before the invasion of the Soviet Union but I really should have looked no further than the Mission Accomplished parade by the former President of the United States. There are literally hundreds of cases in history and that's just recorded history. In the entirety of human conflict there would be millions of cases most likely as my previous statement suggested. Even if that is not the case it is a figure of speech.
edit on 31-8-2013 by Strakha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Strike is not going to happen-was never gonna happen. Tried to tell you guys.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

It will happen. Obama and Kerry have dished out enough propaganda to go back.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Strakha

You are right my friend. I am sure the delay is due to the need of manufacturing an objective. It is a slippery slope. Once you commit to action, you are bound to act again if the objective fails.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join