It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Testimonies By Cosmonauts and Astronauts and U.S. Presidents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hello guys, this is my first post.I am not good at grammar, I am studying in India.I am pure Indian.I never sighted any UFO but I am interested to see one.
I've collected the testimonies by cosmonauts and astronauts from some sources.

Cosmonaut Victor Afanasyev
Afanasyev commenting on a UFO sighting that occurred while en route to the Solyut 6 space station in April of 1979.

It followed us during half of our orbit. We observed it on the light side, and when we entered the shadow side, it disappeared completely. It was an engineered structure, made from some type of metal, approximately 40 meters long with inner hulls. The object was narrow here and wider here, and inside there were openings. Some places had projections like small wings. The object stayed very close to us. We photographed it, and our photos showed it to be 23 to 28 meters away.

Neil Armstrong
From a statement in October 1999.

We have no proof, But if we extrapolate, based on the best information we have available to us, we have to come to the conclusion that ... other life probably exists out there and perhaps in many places ...

Scott Carpenter
Carpenter photographed a UFO while in orbit on May 24, 1962. NASA still has not released the photograph.

At no time, when the astronauts were in space were they alone: there was a constant surveillance by UFOs.

Eugene Cernan
Cernan commanded the Apollo 17 Mission --- The quote is from a 1973 article in the Los Angeles Times.

I’ve been asked about UFOs and I’ve said publicly I thought they were somebody else, some other civilization.

James McDivitt
James McDivitt commenting on an orbital encounter he and Ed White had with a “weird object” with arm-like extensions which approached their capsule. Later in the flight they saw two similar objects over the Caribbean.

At one stage we even thought it might be necessary to take evasive action to avoid a collision.

John Glenn

I believe certain reports of flying saucers to be legitimate.

Unidentified Cosmonauts
From the final transmission of a pair of Cosmonauts whose scheduled seven-day mission was interrupted by a malfunction of unknown origins. This piece of conversation was recorded on February 24, 1961, while they were trying to repair the damage. The two Cosmonauts were never heard from again.

Female Cosmonaut: “I’ll take it and hold it with my right hand. Look out the peephole! I have it!”
Male Cosmonaut: “There is something! If we do not get out the world will never know about this!”

COMMENTS ON UFOs BY U.S. PRESIDENTS
George W. Bush
In a news conference on July 29, 2000, televised on CNN, George W. Bush reply when a citizen asked if he would tell the public “what the hell is going on” with UFOs. Bush indicated that vice-presidential candidate Dick Cheney would use his experience as Secretary of Defense to address the issue.

Sure I will.

John F. Kennedy
November 21, 1963.

We seek a free flow of information ... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.

Gerald Ford
From a letter he sent as a Congressman to L. Mendel Rivers, Chairman of the Armed Services Committee, on March 28, 1966.

No doubt, you have noted the recent flurry of newspaper stories about unidentified flying objects. I have taken special interest in these accounts because many of the latest reported sightings have been in my home state of Michigan. Because I think there may be substance to some of these reports and because I believe
the American people are entitled to a more thorough explanation than has been given them by the Air Force to date, I am proposing that either the Science and Astronautics Committee or the Armed Services Committee of the House schedule hearings on the subject of UFOs and invite testimony from both the executive branch of the Government and some of the persons who claim to have seen UFOs. In the firm belief
that the American public deserves a better explanation than that thus far given by the Air Force, I strongly recommend that there be a committee investigation of the UFO phenomena. I think we owe it to the people to establish credibility regarding UFOs and to produce the greatest possible enlightenment on this subject.

Harry S. Truman
White House Press Conference, Washington D.C., April 4, 1950.

I can assure you the flying saucers, given that they exist, are not constructed by any power on earth.

Ronald Reagan
White House transcript of “Remarks of the President to Fallston High School Students and Faculty,” December 4, 1985.

... when you stop to think that we’re all God’s children, wherever we may live in the world, I couldn’t help but say to him, just think how easy his task and mine might be in these meetings that we held if suddenly there was a threat to this world from some other species from another planet outside in the universe. We’d forget all
the little local differences that we have between our countries and we would find out once and for all that we really are all human beings here on this earth together.

Speech to the United Nations General Assembly, Forty-second

session, “Provisional Verbatim Record of the Fourth Meeting,”

September 21, 1987.

In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world.

From a speech with President Mikhail Gorbachev, in 1988. He made almost the same comment on many occasions.

I occasionally think how quickly our differences, worldwide, would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world.

1974 -- Reagan was often quoted referring to the possibility of an alien threat.

I was in a plane last week when I looked out the window and saw this white light. It was zigzagging around. I went up to the pilot and said, ‘Have you ever seen anything like that?’ He was
shocked and he said, ‘Nope.’ And I said to him, ‘Let’s follow it!’ We followed it for several minutes. It was a bright white light. We followed it to Bakersfield, and all of a sudden to our utter amazement it went straight up into the heavens. When I got off the plane I told Nancy all about it. But we didn’t file a report on the object because for a long time they considered you a nut if you saw a UFO. ...

Bill Clinton
From “Friends in High Places,” by Webster Hubbell, Clinton’s associate attorney general.

I want you to find the answers to two questions for me. One, who killed JFK. And, Two, are there UFOs?

I wanted to write more but the characters limits are very less now.These Astronauts,Cosmonauts and Presidents are lying? or UFOs are real?

Thanks.

Thanks to GravityWarpDrive.
edit on 28-8-2013 by HiddenSecrets because: just some reasons.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It is a good post, especially in a second language. But, this thread has been done before.

I feel that astronaut and cosmonaut signtings are representative of "expert witness" cases. They are among the best sighting information available.

By the way, queue Jim Oberg to come in here and throw a "wet blanket" on these quotes. 3...2....

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

Sorry I didn't know that its posted before.I like these testimonies.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HiddenSecrets

It would be helpful if you could post links for the quotes you post so as we can see the source , even so as Jchristopher mentioned be prepared for a visit from Mr Oberg regarding your astronaut quotes

Welcome to ATS

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

That info never gets "uninteresting", its always new to somebody.

You might like this recent book, "Leslie Kean" - UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go on the record.

I enjoyed it.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Who is Jim Oberg?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenSecrets
reply to post by gortex

Who is Jim Oberg?

This is real a very big question!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Google is your friend , he's our resident space expert .

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

our resident "Presumed" space expert

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

you mean James Oberg? :O is that person here? I love his website.I will love to see his reply.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

To be fair...all threads have been done before...This is a new thread for a new day...new people & new perspectives on what is really going on in space. The Russians are much more open on what they see! The NASA astronauts say one thing in private & then retreat when asked to go on record re: any sightings.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Jim Oberg was a technical advisor to NASA during a lot of the moon flights, and on tv a lot. He's a member here and posts regularly, usually to debunk UFOs, etc. You can search for his posts by going to 'search' and putting his name in.

OP, your English is perfect, congratulations. I know I couldn't write in Hindi so well

This site below may be a gold mine of good reading for you; it's the old NICAP (a UFO group) site and this is a link to their free on line books; I would especially recommend the two Donald Keyhoe books, written in the early 1950s; they're the ones with the rather cartoon-ish, art deco covers. He had direct contact with the Air Force and the books detail their attitudes at the time towards the constant stream of UFO reports. They were very frightened and thought perhaps Earth was being invaded. Here's the link:

www.nicap.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by buzzEmiller

Hi Martyn!

I just wanted to thank you for the work you did on the NASA transmission recordings. Some very interesting stuff there, and unique in the field.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Thanks man, I loved the way how you guys welcome'ed me
.I would like to read each of those books.thanks for the info again
.What do you think about these testimonies?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

What do you want to say?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Originally posted by gortex

our resident "Presumed" space expert

As opposed to our resident 'there is a white blob in this youtube video, it's another alien' expert eh Arken? Why do you scoff when people provide you with facts when you should be grateful if it avoids you looking, well, stupid?

The majority of the quotes in the OP are hypothetical, it would be interesting to see if the ones from the cosmonauts have verified links against them and also the rest of the transcript to see how much context can be taken from them.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That I welcome you!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

oh thanks man, I love your UFOs findings. Saw many videos on internet.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hi fellas

For those who like UFOs histories I strongly recommend to open mind and watch these 2 videos..
bob-mitchell.blogspot.com.br...
Very interesting by the way! It opened my eyes for such a different point of view regarding this subject.
Aaand just take a look into the blog as well.. bob-mitchell.blogspot.com.br...

Cheers

edit on 28-8-2013 by 3w1770 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Welcome friend. It does help to use the SEARCH at the top of the page here. Last week, I was sure I hadnt seen a topic because Im here everyday...and.....I searched and there were over 30 on it!

Since I see you were very lengthy and accurate with your posting here....my advice to you too is to type it out OFF of the FORUM onto a document...and then cut and paste the longer ones in.
(There have been times folks have spent a lot of time working on a post and then for whatever reason...it goes down on them...and you can lose it all!)

Nice thread, interesting too. Welcome aboard......................MS

PS We'd be interested too in any CURRY recipes!!!!!

C ya!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join