It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings believed that his Mercedes was being tampered with.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
dfdsfds

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
fhgjj

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by heavenlyalchemy

I might agree that I did somewhat "over state" that a little bit.

However, it is more than obvious that there was a "Hard" drug problem with the family trying to stage an intervention. So actually I am not really painting him as an addict because his family has already done that. Unfortunately, and since "Trace" amounts of Meth were found in his system, deductive reasoning might dictate that his problem was with that drug. I have honestly never heard of a family staging an intervention for a family member who smokes Pot, especially if they have a medical card that allows it.

As I have also mentioned before, 2 days had passed from his time of death until the time the samples were taken.

On another note I do Not believe that he was addicted to Dimethyltryptamine. Though I can not discount the possibility that he may have had it in his system at the time of death. 2 things to note about the autopsy.
1 - Being performed 2 days later could account for the lower levels that where detected.
2 - There are at least 2 things that the toxicology report says can interfere with the test results of Dimethyltryptamine.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hastings = Real Whistleblower + dead

Assange and Snowden = Fake whsitleblowers = international "heroes"

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Unfortunately, and since "Trace" amounts of Meth were found in his system

wrong, no where in report does it state this. Minute traces of Amphetamine were found which could have been attributed as much to his prescription Adderall as the possibility of prior Meth use.

On another note I do Not believe that he was addicted to Dimethyltryptamine. Though I can not discount the possibility that he may have had it in his system at the time of death.

It is not possible to become addicted to it. please see my post ...uhm (oops... it would seem that you have read it? but comprehending is another thing it seems. For if you had you would realise that even if he had had it in his blood, he could not have been under the influence whilst driving, because he wouldn't have been able to stand, let alone drive. Afterwards he would have been clear headed, refreshed, and tranquil inside )

2 - There are at least 2 things that the toxicology report says can interfere with the test results of Dimethyltryptamine.

These are standard sidenotes for anyone testing for it where these substances contained in others meds if used by the person being tested.. Comparable with when 2 medications produce a contra-reaction.

If you wish to find out more feel free to u2u me

Exactly what led to the "family" wanting to see him go to re-hab you simply do not know. It may well have been as I suggested in my other post.(as there is a lot of ignorance around about Dimethyltryptamine)
We just don't know.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bowaconstricta

wrong, no where in report does it state

I will yield to that technicality. It does in fact NOT state Meth. However, Amphetamine was found which could indicate Meth. Not saying it was, just that it has the equal potential to be.

It is not possible to become addicted to it.

Then apparently you did not read the quote you pasted.. .. ..

On another note I do Not believe that he was addicted to Dimethyltryptamine

By the way. .. . . I have seen people who have drank a case of alcohol and were still able to drive. Just wanted to throw that in. Someone who does that stuff on a daily basis may have a tolerance to it. I am Not saying that he did, just that people do.

And while we are at it since we are dealing with "Facts" let us make note that he did have a problem with Crack in the past and maybe that could be the reason for the intervention. Like you said WE just don't know. But, usually interventions are reserved for persons who have had an ongoing problem with either hard drugs or alcohol for a long period of time.

I also submit that I do Not believe that the family is giving the complete story in that regard.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is nothing new, Nixon's white house planed to kill a reporter with poison Jack Anderson who broke stories against him...

What do you think a post 9/11 president is capable of...

ETA: I see all the Dimethyltryptamine talk in the death report, as an investigative journalist he was curious, look what he exposed, a result of his nature.

Being a curious reported and having Dimethyltryptamine in his system in no way, in my mind discredit him as the nature of the drug bars looking into in general. Scientist have conducted only a few studies on its effects on the brain.
edit on 23-8-2013 by benrl because: Dimethyltryptamine

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

One thing is for sure, the console connection log to the gps/sat system is destroyed. If the vehicle hadn't been completed burnt up for the most part, the theory that his vehicle was hacked could have been easier to prove. However I wonder if the host system logs on his vehicle would reveal any external commands issued to the Benz's onboard computer. I can't remember what version of OBD they are at right now. Does anyone know if the outbound or inbound sat requests are encrypted? If not anyone that had any gear in the area (college or corp) that would be doing any live data captures at the time would have anything archived. A lot of cities now deploy Air-defense modules by Motorola to protect 802.11 back-haul connections (Traffic cams, emergency weather alerts at traffic signals). The Air Defense modules archive all data transmissions in the perspective 2.4 and 5.8 bands. Unfortunate in this instant On-Star and what ever Mercedes uses for sat coms would most likely be in the upper Ghz band.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HaveEducatedOpinions

The car is actually equipped with the MBRACE system.

There is a very good possibility that the data was transmitted on impact. . .. .

If he had paid his subscription, which I might think he did.

It takes less than a second for all of the data to transmit. It may have been triggered when he hit the hydrant cage/cover.

With that data they can see if there was an IP accessing the system.

My money is on. .. “Not Bloody Likely”.

edit on 23-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by bowaconstricta

wrong, no where in report does it state

I will yield to that technicality. It does in fact NOT state Meth. However, Amphetamine was found which could indicate Meth. Not saying it was, just that it has the equal potential to be.

The argument that the trace amounts of amphetamines within his blood are a result of his taking adderall actualy has more evidence to them than an allegation that he was on Meth. Both the neighbor said that it was likely adderall and Hastings purportedly wrote of using adderall to get through the 2012 election (presumably in Panic 2012). Better to apply Occam's razor in that, if you have someone saying "adderall" that knew him and him writing of taking adderall, then the simplest explanation is that Hastings had taken adderall.
www.laweekly.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I certainly understand the "Simplest Explantion" thing.

Why do you suppose that the family was convening on him to go to rehab for addiction?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

reply to post by WhiteAlice

I certainly understand the "Simplest Explantion" thing.

Why do you suppose that the family was convening on him to go to rehab for addiction?

Last year, Hastings did a q&a at reddit where a poster asked him about the usage of adderall among journalists. This was his response:

Hah. I think amphetamine use is popular among a certain younger set. Though adderall terrifies me. I don't know how it's legal. I think it's worse than coke.

www.reddit.com...

Considering Hastings' own opinion and open concern of the drug and the trace amounts of it within his blood, it kind of points as to why his family would be concerned if he was using it to keep up with deadlines.

edit on 23/8/13 by WhiteAlice because: spaced putting in the link for citation...dur day.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I cannot imagine any reasonable person believing this autopsy report. The government hated Michael Hastings. The government under President Obama can choose to assassinate anyone they want. They can do it out in the open, or they can do it in a hidden way using techniques, machines, and personnel from DARPA. There will never be "evidence" that convinces everyone. All there really is in this coroner's report is an attempt to destroy Michael Hastings' reputation after death... and that has the US intelligence agencies' fingerprints all over it.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

reply to post by elouina

I really don't think pot will make a person as worried as Hastings was

You might be right about "Pot", however you can Not discount the Meth Addiction or possbile Dimethyltryptamine use.

Those are serious Hard drugs that have the tendacy to cause mental instability.

Dimethyltryptamine is what we use to call the business mans lunch trip. You smoke it get off like a rocket for about 20 minute and then it is back to earth no side effects use to smoke it all the time in the late 60's. You all are making it sound like Dimethyltryptamine is some evil substance that is addictive. The problem with Dimethyltryptamine is you build a tolerance to it very quickly and it is not know as a obtainable street drug. It is quite the process to manufacture enough to get off on and to be addicted to is simple silly.

edit on 22-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2013 by guitarplayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
So they want you to think he was rolling on XTC and smoking pot riding in his Mercedes at 100 MPH running red lights. I guess they want you to think he was also playing this on the radio and driving like they are in this video.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
So they want you to think he was rolling on XTC and smoking pot riding in his Mercedes at 100 MPH running red lights. I guess they want you to think he was also playing this on the radio and driving like they are in this video.

Dimethyltryptamine is not XTC. It is D M T .

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have a question, and forgive me if it has been asked or answered already but was their any prior history of Hastings abusing drugs? Because at this point, and perhaps I am also getting paranoid myself but- why should anyone take the toxicology report as truthful? Who conducted the autopsy, and can we with confidence say their word is good?

As to the specifics of the topic, the only thing really surprising about this is the lack of news about it and also why this doesn't have hundreds of flags yet? That he suspected they were tinkering with his car does not surprise me, because I am leaning heavily to the side of they tampered with his car and caused his death.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Dimethyltryptamine isn't a 'hard drug'...it is an intense psychedelic, which is naturally occurring in the human bloodstream. Typical psychedelics fall completely outside of what you would call 'bard drugs.'

Just to clear up some misinformation I'm seeing laced throughout the thread.
edit on 23-8-2013 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

reply to post by gladtobehere

Hastings Autopsy

Here is a link from 2 days ago regarding the Autopsy, Toxicology and Police Report.

The toxicology shows positive for Meth and THC.

The Brother says that he may have also been taking a Halucinagen called Dimethyltryptamine.

It also notes that Hastings was passed out around 12:30-1:00a.m.

That is also the same time that the neighbor said he was at her house.

So definitely something is conflicting.
edit on 22-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

Wouldn't be surprised if they drugged him up then put him the car while completely unconscious.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Well, even if he didn't pay the subscription those systems are accessible via the host for provisioning purposes.
An IP isn't even needed to see activity issues to the comm port. In fact any single or bi-directional communication would indicate tapering if he didn't initiate it. So, the supposed perpetrator could actually have a high level of visibility and control through GPS (watching him on a map and in a certain area.) Anyone with network SNMP experience will know what I'm talking about in regards to data traps and strings. That car is drive by wire. Issue a command to down shift and increase throttle. Remember any red line or throttle governors are circumvented as well as traction control and breaking. It's not like the sat link is used in a very small coverage area, it's everywhere since being broadcasted from well above line of sight. I'm not stating a definite smoking gun here, but a plausible theory based on my own experience with data manipulation and frame/packet capturing. What a loss to his family and us as he was a great journalist.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join