It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut Cassidy on ISS Reports "Unidentified Object" August 19

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

On the morning of August 19, NASA astronaut Chris Cassidy noticed an unidentified object floating outside the space station, near the Progress cargo vehicle. He called down to Mission Control Houston and took some video of it. Was it a UFO? Not really...Russian ground controllers identified it as an antenna cover from the Zvezda service module.

Why the cover should come off now, and any connection with Friday's spacewalk, remain to be explained. See Myspacemuseum.com/zvezdadiag1b.jpg for good artwork of the module and wingtip antennas.

It does look typical for spacecraft-generated debris. See my 1993 report for NASA when i still worked there:

www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
heres the vid

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Darn Ruskies are covering up the truth. That looks just like the mother ship coming to collect the aliens that are trapped under the Baltic Sea.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The video clip posted/referenced by Oberg shows what appears to be a man made object. First of all the ISS in sunlit portion of the earth's surface so you can clearly see more space debris, second the space debris in the video clearly shows motion explainable by ballistic trajectories.

But not all such NASA videos show objects that have trajectories explainable via naturally occurring forces, like gravity, air resistance, electromagnetic, etc.

Here are some clips that show self-luminous objects (video taken on the dark portion of the earth's surface), outside the atmosphere, with trajectories that may not be explainable via naturally occurring forces, also the producer shows a comparison between a "ice crystals" and a glowing orb.

edit on 19-8-2013 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Is it really unidentified, they video makes it seem that they are quite confident that it is the antenna.

There is so much junk floating in orbit, its bound to break off existing satellites or float by a camera at some point.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I'm honestly not trying to be fresh but what's the point of the post? I watched the video>

Thanks

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

I'm honestly not trying to be fresh but what's the point of the post? I watched the video>

Thanks

Lots of stuff is seen outside and it's important to pay attention to it, even if it ONLY is stuff off your spacecraft. And of course, it always MIGHT be something else, but you first have to filter out the 'ordinary'.

For background to help this process, I wrote up my "99 FAQs About Space UFO Videos" a few years ago, based on my own experience in Mission Control, on the space folklore section of my home page. Please take a look and see if it's helpful.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by deloprator20000
.....Here are some clips that show self-luminous objects (video taken on the dark portion of the earth's surface), outside the atmosphere, with trajectories that may not be explainable via naturally occurring forces, also the producer shows a comparison between a "ice crystals" and a glowing orb......

Well, that's the rub -- what is the illumination condition, day or night, for each of these scenes?

It's not nearly as easy to determine that just by looking.

Even if the sky is full of stars and the surface is dark, the spaceship could be in sunlight.

The most famous 'space UFO' videos were made under such non-obvious conditions. These were on your linked video. They were made in daylight, NOT darkness -- but there was no reasonable way you could have been expected to determine this on your own.

To be sure, you have to know the date/time of the scenes. And as a rule, youtube posters withhold this information, perhaps tp PREVENT determination of the lighting, perhaps because they don't even realize it's important.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Here's the NBC story:
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The antenna cover has been identified as the WAL-6 antenna, on the forward end of the Zvezda module, according to space watcher jonathan McDowell. "Apparently they had already figured that out from looking at it from inside the station and didn't even bother to go visit it, if I understood the PAO correctly." In his newsletter", he told me. In "Jonathan's Space Report" [planet4589.org...] he wrote; "The WAL-6 antenna was launched on Progress M-52 in Feb 2005 and installed on a 2005 Mar 28 spacewalk." So it isn't just some 'NASA excuse' any more.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
wow that was not a cover up, you're having a ton of work load sir.Check ScottCWaring's blog and get photos from there
try to debunk them.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
this new line of B.S. re: space lighting is crazy..especially without video evidence..is there any?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by buzzEmiller

Hello sir, I've checked your UFOs findings.You're great.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by buzzEmiller
this new line of B.S. re: space lighting is crazy..especially without video evidence..is there any?

Martyn, I'm stumped. What are you trying to say about 'space lighting'?

The point I was trying to make is that determining if a dot -- or dots -- in a video scene are self-luminous or are sunlit requires knowledge of whether they are in sunlight or not.

And that determining this simple fact is not so obvious from just looking at the image.

Actually, when the date/time of videos is known, the orbital position and solar illumination conditions can be calculated. In many of the most famous pseudo-UFO videos, even though the camera shows a black sky full of stars, it does not mean that the spacecraft and any small nearby dots are themselves NOT sunlit.

Do you understand how a TV view in space could show a sunlit object even with a black sky and stars behind it, and a dark Earth's surface below??

Do you believe that could ever happen?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
If that was a UFO then NASA would've covered it up.
So, no UFO.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenSecrets
If that was a UFO then NASA would've covered it up.
So, no UFO.

Wouldn't that principle apply to the tens of thousands of space UFOs on youtube, and to all the videos of Mr. Stubbs's collections? You must realize that when he called them 'Top Secret', he was just teasing, to get money from his target audience. None of the scenes on ANY of his videos for sale, were EVER 'secret' or classified in any other way. He just hoped you'd be fooled into thinking so, and buy them.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

You mean his target is audience's imagination? :O

top topics

join