It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas cops raid farm commune when mistaking tomato plants for marijuana

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
thank god they didnt kill anyone..they only go after people who fear them

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion of cops being stupid. If anything, this reeks of intimidation and scare tactic.

It doesn't matter if the commune was growing Marijuana or not. They were growing something to not be under the control of the system, to not have to spend their money on mass produced produce. Authority figure can't have that, so authority figure has law enforcement officers raid the commune with "probable cause", making sure to not care about what damage they cause in the process.

End result? Ruined crops, impaired ability to continue the functioning of the commune, a blow to the morale of the farmers, and a reminder that their hard work towards something they believe in can very easily be wiped away by the mongrel dogs of the Government. Why should they continue? This can happen again and again.

These cops weren't stupid. They did exactly what they were supposed to do.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
when you need something done wrong call a cop, when you need to be harassed groped or robbed call a cop, when you need a retard to do a mans job call a cop, when you need brain dead morons around you call a cop, what more can be said.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a friend of mine used to say.."where i come from cops are guys too stupid to get a job in a factory"
i have to agree more with the sentiment that they know exactly what their doing

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Occasionally you will hear reports of a home being raided because a 'concerned' neighbor will call in to report a possible grow house that turns out to be tomatoes or something similar. Apparently all cops need these days for a warrant to raid a house is an anonymous call saying there maybe a certain type of plant growing inside or outback.

It is absolutely crazy that most of country turns a blind eye to these strong arm tactics by a militarized police force. Is a swat team, armored vehicles, flash grenades, ect. really necessary to take out a grow house?

How did we let the police and government become so powerful that they can raid a house because there maybe a non-toxic plant with medicinal benefits growing inside? Not only that they can raid a house based on scanty evidence.

I've had enough and we need people willing to take a stand against this tyranny.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonclod
a friend of mine used to say.."where i come from cops are guys too stupid to get a job in a factory"
i have to agree more with the sentiment that they know exactly what their doing

I've known a few rather intelligent people go through the police academy but could not find work with a police department because they didn't pass their psychological evaluation. Those guys were some of the most sane people I've ever met, one of them told me based on the questions asked by the Sheriff's department he felt they were looking for the aggressive type that will do what they are told without questioned possible unlawful/unethical orders.

At least for those guys, private security pays a lot better than the police department.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

There is some real truth in that statement. The thing is law inforcement doesn't work too well when the cops are intelligent. Intelligent cops know how to follow the spirit if the law vs literal law. They write less tickets because their social skills are higher and can deal with a situation without criminalizing everyone. But then where is the police force going to get money for their blister budget? Bowes the judge supposed to get bribes and perks from the folks who own the prisons? So Leo's enlist people if a certain IQ range. They want mindless enforcers/ pawns who can't reflect on their own actions (sociopaths with limited Intellectual capacity) not experts at dealing with human beings.
edit on 16-8-2013 by BASSPLYR because: Ignore my spelling fighting with my iPhones auto correct

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
when you need something done wrong call a cop, when you need to be harassed groped or robbed call a cop, when you need a retard to do a mans job call a cop, when you need brain dead morons around you call a cop, what more can be said.

I can't believe I am replying to your comment, however, everyone has a right to your own opinion. You know there are a lot of very intelligent, and competent cops out there. You must live in a big city, I can tell, because, if you feel that way about cops, it's only because they have to deal with people of your mentality.

I pity the poor cops.

Hey, here is an idea, go get a job being a cop, sounds like your qualified to me, according to your statement.

Look forward to your reply...............

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

WTF

So SWAT held farmers at gunpoint for a half an hour on "suspicion of growing marijuana" and pulled up plants that can't possibly be confused with marijuana... why?

It seems to me to be a two-fold issue. One, agri-business is lobbying for a crackdown on independent farmers and two, any excuse possible to show excessive force and authority. I understand that using SWAT for drug raids is pretty common but if there had been documented minor code violations wouldn't they have already known there were no drugs present?

I wonder if there's a way to go state by state and begin filing class action lawsuits against excessive force, property damage and trauma...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This whole "suspicion of growing marijuana" is bogus, they have planes with ultra violet technology that can see pot plants if they are grown outside, probably inside too, but I don't know that for sure.

They trashed these people's garden for no reasonable reason other then the "neighbors" complained of the property being unsightly, which if true would only justify a warning to clean it up, and a subsequent inspection to see that had been done. This kind of harassment is becoming all too common. I would say anyone that owns an organic garden should just invite the cops there to begin with and give them some veggies, but they would probably find some kind of "violation" and cause you grief anyways....

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think those "Cops" should get community service, at the commune to fix all the plants they destroyed, and help with other things too!

You break it, you fix it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join