It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car bombs explode in Casablanca

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
May 17 � Four car bombs exploded Friday night in the Moroccan city of Casablanca, U.S. and Moroccan officials said. The Interior Ministry said at least 20 people were killed, many of them at a Jewish club....

www.msnbc.com...

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Bin Laden is very determined to kill where ever killing can be done. Yet these countries he wants to 'liberate' are very important to him and the cause of the indocrination in the beliefs of Islamic radicalization. The countries he intends to so-called liberate, are:

Yemen
Jordan
Saudi Arabia
Nigeria
Pakistan
Morocco

All have strong Islamic beliefs in the common standard communites. Not all the people will agree with the radical Wahhab sect and their beliefs, but they don't have to. The Taliban-like religious police will take care of that if the radicals control the country. They already have radicals in the governments of most of those countries, and two of those countries are controlled by radical governments, one being Nigeria and the other being Saudi Arabia.

So it won't be long before the tables turn and the revolutions begin. That is if the Bin Laden group can pull off the ultimate scam and make the Muslims and Arabs in these countries think that their ways are the ways of the good. Yet who could be that dumb???

Well obviously there are a few, and it is those few that force others to take on these views. The radicalization of indoctrination of any kind is bad, especailly one that teaches hate, spite, lies about virtue and about God, and murderous deceit. These so-called men of the Bin Laden Group and the so-called belivers in HizbAllah and Hamas are nothing but menaces to the peace of men. They will give you peace when you submit to thier ways, otherwise all hell is going to break loose. That is the way of the corruptor.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I just read abot this in my local paper. I have a feeling we are going to see a rapid increase in these smaller scale (as if only killing 24 people is small
) the will lead to another 9/11 type event. I begin to get uneasy again.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue
Bin Laden is very determined to kill where ever killing can be done.

What makes you think bin Laden had anything to do with it?

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue
Bin Laden is very determined to kill where ever killing can be done.

What makes you think bin Laden had anything to do with it?

Well all the news reports that I've read say that these bombings bear all the hallmarks of Al Quaeda. Couple that with the facts that Morroco doesn't have any militant groups of it's own who use these sort of tactics, the similarities between the Saudi bombings last week, and the finger of blame certainly points towards them.
It takes organisational skills to manage to hit so many targets at once and there aren't that many radical groups over there who could manage the logistics.

The perpetrators might not have directly received their orders from Bin Laden himself, but it looks as if those responsible were at least a group affiliated to Al Quaeda.

The irony of this attack is that it does Al Quaeda no favours. They mainly hit the ordinary Muslim citizen and damaged the Morrocan economy. Their popularity is gonna suffer with the average joe in the street over there. It's one thing supporting terrorism when it's happening to somebody else in their country but a totally different mindset when it hits you at home.

I reckon that we'll see a few more atrocities like this in Mulsim countries in the near future. Al Quaeda are shooting themselves in the foot though. So far, Islamic nations haven't done nearly enough to contain them. Once they start hurting though, they're gonna come down on the fundamentalists real hard. If only to protect their own pay packets.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
the attack in riyadh.

10 americans killed, more injured, attack carried out by armed muslim extremists likely allied with hezbollah, al qaeda, or maybe islamic jihad. three cars entered the compund, and detonated, causeing heavy damage in three diffent areas.

the attack in casablanca

AP reports- Suicide attackers set off explosions at the Belgian consulate, a Jewish community center, a Spanish social club and a hotel in the heart of Casablanca on Friday night, killing at least 30 bystanders and about 10 attackers, officials and witnesses said. The five nearly simultaneous bombings also wounded at least 60 more people and threw Morocco's largest city into chaos. The attacks came just days after U.S. officials warned that Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida network was planning a worldwide series of terrorist attacks

Type of attack was the same, several probably armed extremists plan simulitaneous attacks, same style, same part of the world, merely days after the first.

i belive that the two attacks were carried out by the same group. the style was the same, method baby, that's how it goes. they're getting smarter that's for sure. while a high school student could plan an attack just as or more devastating than this, they are actually pullin that #s off now. i'd say this is just the head of the schlong. be wary of the unexpected, but don't expect, just be prepared to protect

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
these attacks are becoming insanly frequent

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This group is acting in line with the Al-Quaeda ideal, this being to rid the Arab countries of influence from other sources. They want very much for other cultures not to interact with Moslem�s thereby increasing the distance between other cultures and the Arab world.

The Saudi leadership is knee deep in this, mostly because they have allowed it.

The problem they are facing now is a developing civil war in which the fundamentalist ethic has concluded that Arab business interests worldwide is the enemy.

That such a reaction is forthcoming
offers the conclusion, that the loss of the Hussein regime was taken very seriously (with respect to the reaction of the rest of the Arab Leadership).

Whoever is doing this is angry, that the Arab world did not react by sending forces to protect Saddam Hussein.

[Edited on 17-5-2003 by Toltec]

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't need some journalist to tell me what an Al-Quida hit looks like. Hey the journalists can't even spell Al-Quida.

I know what these operatives do and I know how they work. They use massive force through multiple hits, at one time several times over a period of several days. You want to know what Al-Quida is???

Al-Quida is a gate. They call Al-Quida "The Base", yet it should be called "The Gate". The Al-Quida group was started in order to unite the Islamic 'Warriors' of the world into one nexus using one cause. The cause of imperalist Islamic indoctrination, through warfare and terrorism. Yeah I said "Imperalist"!!!

They are imperalists who want to occupy and rule. Al-Quida was started so that the Islamic 'warriors' could actually have a chance at ruling the civil, national and international aspects of Islam. Bin Laden knew that just one terror group couldn't rule the Muslim World, nor could 50. Yet 50 groups all tied to one axis of terror might have a better chance. Al-Quida was real quiet until the Americans invaded Iraq in 1991. Once that happened the Islamic 'warriors' of Al-Quida and HizbAllah were seething in rage. The plan those two groups had for Iraq were ruined. They both want to rule Iraq and use it as a base for their imperalist indoctrination. They want Iraq to be what Afghanistan once was.

We got in the way and now they are going to knock us over. The Al-Quida group eventually formed an alliance with the Soliders of God, or HizbAllah and they called it HizbAllah International. It is the mark of HizbAllah International that is this so-called mark of Al-Quida. HizbAllah International is the group behind these attacks, but that doesn't mean that Bin Laden isn't responsible. Bin Laden one of the highest ranking members on the committee of HizbAllah International, of course he is to blame. As long as one is active in the group then one is guilty of all the group's crimes.

How could I deny that this isn't someone else???

Well that is because I don't think anyone else is capable of not only such massive mess, but such sloppy work. Just like someone else said, "Al-Quida is shooting themselves in the foot." Only Al-Quida is stupid enough to kill it's own people. Most of the people in the Kenyan bombings were Muslims. Then again what good is a Muslim if he can't kill other Muslims???

[Edited on 17-5-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
They went after Saudi Arabia and Morocco the first known for its oil industry and the second for tourism.

Both industries inexorably dependent upon foreign investors and taking special care in providing for a safe environment. The leaders of those countries are both Kings whose families have been in those
countries for a very long time.

Again whomever they are they are taking on the creme de la creme, of Arab society and being very obvious about it.

And as well they are going for there pockets.

[Edited on 18-5-2003 by Toltec]

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Mutilator
May 17 � Four car bombs exploded Friday night in the Moroccan city of Casablanca, U.S. and Moroccan officials said. The Interior Ministry said at least 20 people were killed, many of them at a Jewish club....

Yes. Just in front of the Belgian embassy. No belgians have been wounded since the embassy was empty.

Empty.....strange for an embassy, isn't it ?

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Not necessarily strange.
This wasn't an embassy, it was a consulate. Normally these are much smaller than our Western embassies and they have less staff on the premises. It's not unusual to turn up to a consulate and find no-one there. A friend of mine got robbed out in the Far East (can't remember the country) and went to the consulate for help, only to find a note on the door saying "Gone to lunch. Back in an hour".
He had to sit on the doorstep for half an hour before the actual consul himself turned up with the door keys on his own.

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I never went to a consulate, so I don't know. But I think you probably right. I've to deal with my paranoia.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   
There's a graet deal that's strange about this, U-P: except the remarkably fortunate timing.
Roadmap? Roadmap?
There's a great deal of credulity in the air on ATS at the moment.
"Conspiracy site?" Who said that?

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Abraham-Virtue...

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Yes, well Oklahoma had all the "marks of Islamic Terrorists" didn't it..and the first WTC!

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It also has "all the marks" of Israel -King David Hotel?
Mossad have a long history of dirty deeds where thing Moroccan are concerned. Check out the murder of Ben Barca and the links to the late and very appalling King Hassan.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
We do remember Tunisia and the truck-bombing of the synagogue last year, don't we cyberchums?
And that was solved...how??

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
There's a great deal of credulity in the air on ATS at the moment.

"Conspiracy site?" Who said that?

You so right Estragon, so right....
And we can be all the victim of credulity. Credulity is waiting behind the street corner and she want to hit us in the back.

Damn credulity.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The Romans, U-P, who knew more than a little about plost, murder and conspiracy, always began with a very simple question: "cui bono" - "Who benefits"?
Al Qaida -assuming such an organisation exists or ever has done - benefits how -exactly.
We are assured that they could hi-jack 4 jets and demolish the WTC, and now they're reduced to truck-bombs in Muslim countries? But they are still a global threat? More dangerous than ever?

[Edited on 19-5-2003 by Estragon]

<<   2 >>

join