It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum criticizes GOP establishment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This article interested me because Santorum is so controversial. He admits in this article that the mainstream GOP isn't really interested in working people, or at least doesn't pay attention to them. Second, he is basically admitting that republicans don't really believe their own values, or at least live by them. That shouldn't surprise anyone who has followed politics at al.

firstread.nbcnews.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Wooo. More inner-fighting within the GOP. So it looks like we're up to 3 factions now.

Christie
Paul
Santorum.

What Santorum is saying is correct though -- that the GOP doesn't resonate with the common American.

Either way, it's going to be hard for the GOP to come together and realign their tactics before 2016 as they have a 20 year streak of being the pro-business party, and will need a dramatic shift to be the pro-worker party, which is a title that the Democrats won't give up easily.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
libertarians, neocons and the christian right are now all have there representives.

Let war commence

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Wow what a sore loser! You know that man stood at my front door one day, and the man running for president wasn't the same person. He needs to shut up and take a good look at himself.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I love how the insiders who helped make the mess we're hip deep in figure they can step out for a few years and then pop back to play the outsider looking to go after those evil insiders with everyone else.

Sorry charlie. 4 years as a Congressman (91-95) and 12 years as a Senator (95-2007) make him one at the heart of the whirlwind as the last exit ramps were blown past and the last options to save this whole thing were ignored for more and more and yet more spending.

The fact Penn finally tossed him out doesn't make him somehow more credible to me and I never have much cared for the man or how far to the edge he sits more often than not on things.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
libertarians, neocons and the christian right are now all have there representives.

Let war commence

I really hope they split. I actually hope this happens to the DNC, as well. I'm always jealous of most other nations who have several viable parties to choose from on election day.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

What a self-righteous hypocritical scum bag.

His occupation at one point was a "lobbyist", one of the K Street gang.

He voted for the Bridge to Nowhere, voted against Americans right to work, voted to raise the debt ceiling multiple times, voted to raise his own salary multiple times.

And with regards to his self righteous religious BS, he supported pro-choice candidates Specter and Whitman.

He thinks the US is fighting some kind of holy war despite America's well established history of waging war for profits.

This guy is complete scum on so many levels. The people of PA hated him so much, they handed him the largest loss is PA election history.

Clearly he's positioning himself to run for office in the future.

The piece of trash doesnt even believe in freedom. Satan would probably be a better choice.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
This article interested me because Santorum is so controversial. He admits in this article that the mainstream GOP isn't really interested in working people, or at least doesn't pay attention to them. Second, he is basically admitting that republicans don't really believe their own values, or at least live by them. That shouldn't surprise anyone who has followed politics at al.

firstread.nbcnews.com...

He's making the same case that Conservatives have been making against the RINO establishment Republicans for decades.

Nothing new whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Oh look, it's ex-Senator Frothy mouthing off nonsensical statements again! (Yawn)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir

Let war commence
\

Hmmm, this makes me wonder.

Of the three groups - which one is the GOP "base"?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is a good time to sort out the party representatives for 2016. This way we would hopefully know who to vote for in 2016.

new topics

top topics

join