It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Near Death Experience - Purgatory

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

It's a medical condition.

That is what the pharmaceutical companies would like us to believe.

No. That's reality. Autoimmune diseases and neurological diseases and chemical imbalances
cause depression. It's a medical condition. It's just as much a medical issue as cancer is.

My depression was caused by stress, not chemical imbalance. To solve my depression i left my stressfull job, drugs had nothing to do with it, now thats reality.
edit on 10-8-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy
My depression was caused by stress, not chemical imbalance. To solve my depression i left my stressfull job, drugs had nothing to do with it, now thats reality.

Oy ... that was YOUR experience. The stress was causing the disorder. You can't take your experience and make a blanket statement that all depression is the same or that the woman who was depressed and committed suicide had the same situation as you and that she was 'self absorbed'.

Depression is a disorder of the brain.
National Institute of Mental Health

Medical News Today

Depression, also known as major depression, clinical depression or major depressive disorder is a medical illness that causes a constant feeling of sadness and lack of interest. Depression affects how the person feels, behaves and thinks. ..

Feeling sad, or what we may call "depressed", happens to all of us. The sensation usually passes after a while. However, people with a depressive disorder - clinical depression - find that their state interferes with daily life. Their normal functioning is undermined to such an extent that both they and those who care about them are affected by it.

Harvard - What Causes Depression

t’s often said that depression results from a chemical imbalance, but that figure of speech doesn’t capture how complex the disease is. Research suggests that depression doesn’t spring from simply having too much or too little of certain brain chemicals. Rather, depression has many possible causes, including faulty mood regulation by the brain, genetic vulnerability, stressful life events, medications, and medical problems. It’s believed that several of these forces interact to bring on depression.

To be sure, chemicals are involved in this process, but it is not a simple matter of one chemical being too low and another too high. Rather, many chemicals are involved, working both inside and outside nerve cells. There are millions, even billions, of chemical reactions that make up the dynamic system that is responsible for your mood, perceptions, and how you experience life.

With this level of complexity, you can see how two people might have similar symptoms of depression, but the problem on the inside, and therefore what treatments will work best, may be entirely different.

Psychology Today - Causes of Depression

edit on 8/10/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Oy ... that was YOUR experience. The stress was causing the disorder. You can't take your experience and make a blanket statement that all depression is the same or that the woman who was depressed and committed suicide had the same situation as you and that she was 'self absorbed'.

I didnt say that my experience applied to everyone, you made a blanket statement saying it was chemical imbalance, I added my life experience that was at odds with your blanket statement, so thought it was worth sharing.
I tend not to listen to quacks that have drugs to sell, they invent disorders so that they can prescribe an expensive solution to the invented disorder.
example 1: SSRI anti depressants given to children like smarties, until they were banned for children.
example 2: ADHD a disorder widely attributed to kids that are just being kids, but lazy teachers and parents get the kids on drugs to make their own lives easier.

Thats my reality, Im just sharing it. What you take from it is up to you.

I was lucky to have an honest GP, he warned me against ever getting involved with anti depressants, and Im very grateful to him.
edit on 10-8-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
OP, I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on Timical's dream I posted on page three.

He didn't have any knowledge of a place called Purgatory when he dreamed this. It was shown to him in this "dream", which IMO, wasn't a dream at all, but a "guided tour" by his spirit guide. It seems to support there being such a place.
I interpreted the dream in the "Christian" translation, because that was the faith he was raised in. Dreams have to have meaning to the dreamer.

When I said the people were waiting for Judgement Day, it was because of his Christian belief.

Personally, I believe in reincarnation, so they could have been waiting to enter their next lifetime. I think Purgatory could be our "judgement day", a time when we reflect on our life, judge ourselves (with help from a higher spirit maybe), and consider what needs to be worked on in our next life.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

It's a medical condition.

That is what the pharmaceutical companies would like us to believe.

No. That's reality. Autoimmune diseases and neurological diseases and chemical imbalances
cause depression. It's a medical condition. It's just as much a medical issue as cancer is.

The depression the lady in the OP suffered from is not caused by any of the conditions you have stated.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I also believe that reincarnation is possible. And I don't doubt the NDE you posted.
When it comes to the afterlife ... WHO KNOWS?? That's why I like to read the NDE's.
The NDEs could be a waiting room for our next life on earth ... or it could be our ultimate
destiny .... or it could be anything in between. We won't know until we get there.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The depression the lady in the OP suffered from is not caused by any of the conditions you have stated.

You don't know that. We know NOTHING about her medical condition. It just says 'a young troubled mother suffering from depression'. Geeeeze .... it could be anything from post-partum to clinical depression to autoimmune to stress setting off chemical imbalances ....to anything.

You don't know what her medical condition was or what was causing the depression.
Likewise ... you can't say that she was self centered. :shk:
People with clinical depression are thinking differently because of a medical condition.
IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT so they can't be called 'self centered.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Just to clarify, this wasn't a NDE Timical had; it was a dream he had while asleep. He was taken on a spiritual journey.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You don't know that. We know NOTHING about her medical condition. It just says 'a young troubled mother suffering from depression'. Geeeeze .... it could be anything from post-partum to clinical depression to autoimmune to stress setting off chemical imbalances ....to anything.

You don't know what her medical condition was or what was causing the depression.
Likewise ... you can't say that she was self centered. :shk:
People with clinical depression are thinking differently because of a medical condition.
IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT so they can't be called 'self centered.

I watched the video NewAgeMan posted it says quite a bit more about her background.
Did you?
edit on 10-8-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
Just to clarify, this wasn't a NDE Timical had; it was a dream he had while asleep. He was taken on a spiritual journey.

Yep, I got it. Sorry. I just sort of put them all together when talking in the thread.

It's all really interesting. Isn't it??

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Yes, but my statement stands. We don't have access to her medical records.
We don't know what may have caused her to act the way she did or to do the things she did.
I am not going to call anyone who tries to commit suicide 'selfish' until I have all the facts.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Itisnowagain

Yes, but my statement stands. We don't have access to her medical records.
We don't know what may have caused her to act the way she did or to do the things she did.
I am not going to call anyone who tries to commit suicide 'selfish' until I have all the facts.

Maybe we should read her entire book before we come to any conclusions.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Here's a vid outlinging her experience.

In this video she doesn't say she woke up and got her chemicals balanced by the doctors to make her better.
It is worth watching for anyone who has not seen her talking about her experience.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Here is an alternate look at what can cause depression for anyone that is interested in seeing it in a different way.

And this is another one.

These may help people to see the light before trying to snuff it out.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

In this video she doesn't say she woke up and got her chemicals balanced by the doctors to make her better.
It is worth watching for anyone who has not seen her talking about her experience.

I dont think a chemical imbalance in the brain has ever been measured, simply because it cannot be measured.

Happyness is a state of mind, we are our own tormentors, purgatory is simply us punishing ourselves with a "hell" we create for ourselves based on our life experiences. This is all simply speculative, but Im leaning strongly in that direction. Our version of hell is entirely made up by our belief system. IMO.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy

I dont think a chemical imbalance in the brain has ever been measured, simply because it cannot be measured.

Happyness is a state of mind, we are our own tormentors, purgatory is simply us punishing ourselves with a "hell" we create for ourselves based on our life experiences. This is all simply speculative, but Im leaning strongly in that direction. Our version of hell is entirely made up by our belief system. IMO.

I agree.
Hell is in the thoughts and beliefs we have about ourselves and the world.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
One of the more interesting accounts...

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Purgatory reminds me of the River Styx and hades, the "Lobby of the Dead". Can't pay Charon the boatman? You get stuck as a shade between worlds until you slowly deteriorate into a wraith. Never read of Jesus preaching about Purgatory, so imo it doesn't exist.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

You provide the testimony of Christians as evidence of Jesus's existence.

Like I said above, you provide NOTHING as evidence.

It's pretty obvious why, because quite simply there ISN'T any.

FYI, there is more proof than you will know what to do with waiting for you on the other side.

Just like all the atheists who have gone before you who have learned as well...

"Dr. Rodonaia (an atheist) was a vocal Soviet dissident killed by the KGB, pronounced dead, taken to a freezer vault in the morgue for three days and returned to life during his own autopsy. He was a scientist trained in historical materialism and did not believe in God." Of all the cases I have investigated in my 26 years of work in the field, his is the most dramatic, the longest, the most evidential, and the most soul-stirring.

"George Rodonaia underwent one of the most extended cases of a near-death experience ever recorded. Pronounced dead immediately after he was hit by a car in 1976, he was left for three days in the morgue. He did not "return to life" until a doctor began to make an incision in his abdomen as part of an autopsy procedure. Prior to his NDE he worked as a neuropathologist.

LINK

Howard Storm

Three Atheists Died and Went to Hell

ATHEIST PROFESSOR IN HELL - Howard Storm

Ronald Reagan - An atheist saw Hell

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

FYI, there is more proof than you will know what to do with waiting for you on the other side.

The only proof will be when i "reach" the other side or not.

Just like all the atheists who have gone before you who have learned as well...

Who said I was an athiest?

As for Rodanaia being a neuropathologist, the video says he was a Doctor of Psychology, so that already says he's mad as a box of frogs. And then the caption on the video goes further to say.."Killed by the KGB"
Really?
Or is this just some christian propaganda?

edit on 12-8-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join