It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Proof That The God of The Bible (Yahweh-Jehovah) is a DRAGON! (outside and IN The Bible!)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
To make the God of the Bible into a Dragon is to also be fundamentalist and materialist in nature. This is just the reverse of fundamental Christianity, Islam or Hebrew. To look outer not inward, to not be meditative.

www.spiritofthescripture.com...
Pray Without Ceasing

Jeanne Guyon has done this in her work, Experiencing the Depths of Jesus Christ, written back in 1685 A.D. She never used the word meditation, but she prescribes exactly that, and she does it in a way that I believe the contemporary Christian can appreciate and accept without prejudice....

“There is only one way to conqueror your five sense, and that is by inward recollection. Or, to put it another way, the only way to conquer your five sense is by turning your soul completely inward to your spirit, there to possess a present God. Your soul must turn all of its energies within, not without! Within to Christ, not without to the senses. Your main concern, therefore, is with the presence of Jesus Christ. Your main concern lies in dwelling continually upon the God who is within you. Then, without particularly thinking of self-denial or “putting away the deeds of the flesh,” God will cause you to experience a natural subduing of the flesh!”

Very much similar to Mose's exodus and Paul's reference to this as a deeper "gnostic" look on baptism. Man of Peace, be still and know the Lord, this parts the red sea of reaction and subdues the flesh and the armies within that trouble you.

That was also about meditation. And I believe it was Yahweh who led them forth in the outer story, but the inner is the actual Peace and Love. Not a God that murders at all but works with each "sinner" and imperfect human who would overcome themselves.

Consider a quote from the Zohar, a mystical work studied intensely by Jewish sages.

“The narratives of the doctrine are its cloak. The simple look only at the garment—that is, upon the narrative of the doctrine; more they know not. The instructed, however, see not merely the cloak, but what the cloak covers.”

—The Zohar

Although the Zohar is speaking of the narratives in the Old Testament, the same truth applies to the New Testament. All the narratives of the Bible are there to build concrete images and concepts in our minds so that we can then learn deeper mysteries. The narratives are the milk of the word. The meat is what’s hidden within the narrative.

I don't get a dragon out of metaphorical passages, unless you mean your inner Michael is to subdue your inner dragon.

Now what I see in the bible is many different types of codes, but want the Love codes and the way back home passages, only.

edit on 7-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Originally posted by guitarplayer
reply to post by undo

The bible does speak of an outer darkness a separation from God. The bible says that hell was created for the devil and the angels that rebelled.

Would you provide us with the information to look up the part of the Bible you are referring to here?

This may sound off but here goes it seems like Satan thought that God could not do anything against him because of the law of balance. By that I mean if God had smote the devil and his angels there would be less in creation an unbalanced universe. So God created man to fill that void.

God can no more smote the devil than you can smote your shadow-self. The devil is to God as your shadow-self is to you.

When we are ignorant of our shadow-self, we project it onto others who then become "the evil". We repress it and project it onto others and then we think it's outside us, just as you think the devil is outside God.

The trick is to withdraw our projections.

When Christ came it was in the fullness of time, I believe that the end will come when there is a fullness of balance between what was created that will be thrown into the lake of fire and what was created that will spend eternity in the presence of God. Just my 2 cents worth.

Well, time is pretty much a stubbornly persistent illusion. Sort of like space, like the ego-self. How can an illusion really achieve "fullness"?

edit on 7-8-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

Time is a creature of God He created it He can do away with it. Your human reasoning of Carl Jung will not bring spiritual truths.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

Thanks. If the outer darkness is hell, what does that make the inner darkness? After all, there is no outer without an inner. No up without a down.

Light has been likened to good, and darkness to evil, as if intrinsic. But there is nothing intrinsically evil about darkness. Light and dark are used as metaphors. So long overused that they are dead metaphors now - taken without a second thought, opaque.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Time is a creature of God He created it He can do away with it.

A "creature"? I'm not sure I've ever heard time referred to in such a manner. Can you provide scripture referring to time as a "creature"?

Your human reasoning of Carl Jung will not bring spiritual truths.

Well, with all due respect I trust his understanding of Christianity far more than I trust yours. Not to mention Alan Watts, Joseph Campbell, Aldous Huxley, Karen Armstrong, Huston Smith, Jeffrey Kripal.

I also trust my own understanding more than yours, as a comparativist who has actually had supernatural experiences.

If you read a few of his books for yourself, you might be surprised.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Even the revelations are positive in their true meaning under the hood about our Now, and being conscious in the moment to overcome ego and reactions here and now and work for Higher Mind.

We have everything turned around for us in religions. Any God/Source/Creator and with our Higher Self, would be the real meaning of God in the bible under the hood. The only dragon we need to concern with is the one inside that we need to overcome, our own lower primitive dog eat dog predatory nature, our lower mind so to speak.

How do we overcome the dragon in ourselves, our lower mind:

Each trumpet blast and each vial of judgment poured out from the angels symbolize cleansings and openings within our spiritual gateways called chakras. This is the process of unveiling higher consciousness as the Holy Spirit rises within us. It isn’t about devastation, destruction, and the end. It’s about new birth and life in the conscious experience. It’s about the purging of lower thoughts and emotions in order to awaken to our higher natures. The stigma that has come with the Book of Revelations needs to be lifted.

The incompatibility between the egoic lower self and nature of our higher self is very real, albeit a very natural one. It is this divine tension that enables life as we know it to unfold. We should embrace it. It allows for the development of our thoughts and emotions. We should not fear the process, for in the end:

“We know that all things work together for good to them that love God…” (Rom. 8:28).

Revelations just got turned positive. The way it all needs to be.

edit on 7-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Absolute Proof That The God of The Bible (Yahweh-Jehovah) is a DRAGON! (outside and IN The Bible!)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

God created time so it is a creation of His, He can do what every He wants with it. Take all the element and burn them up and have the heavens roll up like a scroll. I would say He has control over everything. Many people know the bible and have understanding of God and they get puffed up look at Dr.Gene Scott.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Time is a creature of God He created it He can do away with it.

A "creature"? I'm not sure I've ever heard time referred to in such a manner. Can you provide scripture referring to time as a "creature"?

Your human reasoning of Carl Jung will not bring spiritual truths.

Well, with all due respect I trust his understanding of Christianity far more than I trust yours. Not to mention Alan Watts, Joseph Campbell, Aldous Huxley, Karen Armstrong, Huston Smith, Jeffrey Kripal.

I also trust my own understanding more than yours, as a comparativist who has actually had supernatural experiences.

If you read a few of his books for yourself, you might be surprised.

I take it that you think your the only one who has had supernatural experiences. Has seen the dancing hand of God at work?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Thanks. If the outer darkness is hell, what does that make the inner darkness? After all, there is no outer without an inner. No up without a down.

Light has been likened to good, and darkness to evil, as if intrinsic. But there is nothing intrinsically evil about darkness. Light and dark are used as metaphors. So long overused that they are dead metaphors now - taken without a second thought, opaque.

I don't beleive that I said that outer darkness was hell It is seperation from God. Looked at your little list of authors and the only thing I can say is they will lead you straight away from God into their humanism.
edit on 7-8-2013 by guitarplayer because: mispelled word

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Uh nope. This is their (muslims) god:

Go ahead, find me one verse in the Koran that calls on Muslims to worship the stone or the Kaaba.
You will see that there are no such verses.

Its clear that Muslims worship the Omnipotent, Omniscient Creator of the universe. On the other hand, Christians, misled by Paul, the Roman councils and their misguided pastors worship a man who never claimed to be God.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Actually, the "feminine element" wasn't appreciated until Christianity came along. By all other religions women were nothing more but property, but that is not what Jesus taught and that is not what Torah teaches. Torah and Christ taught that man and wife are one flesh, co-partners and co-equals laboring together in Christ. A prime example of this is Priscilla and her husband Aquila, both roman converts who were in the tent making business and both traveled the roman empire teaching and preaching about Christ. They were a team, and they are not the only examples.

All those other religions treated women like sex objects, something old that has also risen again.

Exodus teaches about how a man can SELL his young daughter. (Exodus 21:7-8)

If a man dies and has no son, then his inheritance goes to his daughter. But if he has a son, then the daughter gets nothing. Also no mention is made of wives, sisters, or aunts. (Numbers 27:8)

Women MUST be obedient to their husbands. Obedience implies that the husband is a HIGHER authority. (Titus 2:5)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Yahweh is the Most High God. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sunburst

Originally posted by sunburst
Yahweh is the Most High God. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending.

According to what you've heard or read.

Denying ignorance means questioning beliefs.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

All is light or lack of light. The light removes the darkness and the light can be more concentrated on one spot than another. And where light is heat and vibration and sound comes from the extra energy even if others can't notice what is invisible to their senses.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunburst

Lol. The all that is ONE (the alpha and omega an everything that is in between)? I find it funny that you are putting as much effort into the name. If I called Yahweh, "Lovely little sweetie pie" (little mean ego less for some) then it would still only be another label for the same thing.

It is funny that you are fighting over the label of god created by humans that might mean the same spiritually if you where talking the same language.

edit on 8-8-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I don't beleive that I said that outer darkness was hell It is seperation from God.

OK, fine. If the outer darkness is separation from God, what does that make the inner darkness?

There is nothing intrinsically evil about darkness. God loves darkness and light both.

He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies. -Psalms 18:11

Then spake Solomon, The LORD said that he would dwell in the thick darkness. -1 Kings 8:12

"Darkness is your candle" ~Rumi

Looked at your little list of authors and the only thing I can say is they will lead you straight away from God into their humanism.

Oh you looked at my 'little list of authors', did you? Well I'm honored to have you take a moment to look at my little list and judge it using ambiguous terms. I hope it didn't distract you too much from judging others. I mean, there's so many books to judge by their covers and so little time.

edit on 8-8-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Actually, the "feminine element" wasn't appreciated until Christianity came along. By all other religions women were nothing more but property, but that is not what Jesus taught and that is not what Torah teaches. Torah and Christ taught that man and wife are one flesh, co-partners and co-equals laboring together in Christ. A prime example of this is Priscilla and her husband Aquila, both roman converts who were in the tent making business and both traveled the roman empire teaching and preaching about Christ. They were a team, and they are not the only examples.

All those other religions treated women like sex objects, something old that has also risen again.

Exodus teaches about how a man can SELL his young daughter. (Exodus 21:7-8)

If a man dies and has no son, then his inheritance goes to his daughter. But if he has a son, then the daughter gets nothing. Also no mention is made of wives, sisters, or aunts. (Numbers 27:8)

Women MUST be obedient to their husbands. Obedience implies that the husband is a HIGHER authority. (Titus 2:5)

Wives are supposed to be the helpers of their husbands. That was set down at the first with Adam and Eve. It says nothing about us husbands being domineering over them and treating them like animals. Man and wife are to be one flesh, of one accord and united of one mind.

I also did a little more digging from my days in college. Yamu, the god you are trying to claim is Yahweh is actually the Philistine god Dagon. You can read 1 Samuel 5 to see what Yahweh did to Dagon's/Yamu's idol. Kinda defeats the purpose of being worshipped by destroying your own idol if you were that god.
edit on 8-8-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yahweh said you're not supposed to make graven images of the heavens or under the sea. Yahweh didn't like graven images, So, if someone made a statue of Yahweh to worship, it makes sense that he would want to destroy it to be worshiped directly.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yahweh said you're not supposed to make graven images of the heavens or under the sea. Yahweh didn't like graven images, So, if someone made a statue of Yahweh to worship, it makes sense that he would want to destroy it to be worshiped directly.

Maybe this will help you to understand what lonewolf is talking about.

It wasn't a "statue of Yahweh" that was destroyed, it was a statue of the Philistinian god, Dagon, that was destroyed.

Maybe some research into what the "ark of the covenant" of God is will help you to understand what happened in 1 Samuel 5 too.

www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ark of the covenant is the human brain, the holies of holies is the region known as the eye of horus.

The temple of Solomon is your body, its the temple and no hammer sounds were heard during its construction.

The rest is idolatry, false idols.
edit on 8-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join