It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six fined over Malaysia 'exorcism' death: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Six fined over Malaysia 'exorcism' death: report
From NewsDaily:

Six family members who suffocated a Malaysian toddler to death by piling on top of her for hours in a suspected exorcism ritual have been fined but avoided jail, a report said Saturday.

Chua Wan Zuen, aged two, died after being pinned down under a blanket in August last year with eight people, including her parents, crushing her for several hours in an attempt to drive away evil spirits.....

Court officials and lawyers could not be reached on Saturday for comment.

Malaysia is a predominantly Muslim country, but has large non-Muslim ethnic Chinese and Indian minorities.

Seeking the advice of faith healers is common in Malaysia, but violent rituals are rare.

In 2008, a Malaysian couple were beaten to death by family members in a bizarre ritual to cure them of a smoking habit and illnesses.

The perpetrators were Chinese ethnics. This is something I'd not heard of happening in Malaysia.
Sad.....
but, no jail-time? Really??

Their maid witnessed this, but did not participate. At first the family denied it - but due to her testimony, admitted it. So, do they think it was just "an unfortunate accident"?

If this happened in the U.S., they'd be prosecuted and jailed, I'm thinking. Unless, of course, they were elite banksters or politicians.

EDIT TO ADD: Is this possibly some kind of "religious tolerance" thing?
edit on 3-8-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

What were these people thinking, I wonder? Ethnic Chinese? What does that mean? What religion were they practicing? I wonder what malady the child suffered from, hair lip, clubbed foot, food allergies, that prompted an exorcism?

This kind of news is so frustrating, as these children's death is for nothing other than ignorance. Unfortunately, these stories are not limited to isolated 3rd world cultures. They're still alive in the USA and other developed countries.

A court in the US state of Wisconsin has heard how an autistic boy died while being held down by worshippers and a priest during an exorcism. Terrance Cottrell, 8, died last year in a service at the Faith Temple Church of the Apostolic Faith in Milwaukee.
news.bbc.co.uk...

PHOENIX — Officers responding to a report of an exorcism on a young girl found her grandfather choking her and used stun guns to subdue the man, who later died, authorities said Sunday.
www.nbcnews.com...

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) - A Fort Wayne woman who forced her 2-year-old son to drink a concoction of olive oil and vinegar because she thought it would exorcise a demon from him has been convicted of murder.
www.wishtv.com...

Connecticut mother kills her three year old daughter while trying to "ward off the Devil" (2011)
NANTUCKET — The woman accused of killing her 3-year-old daughter earlier this week believed God had instructed her to stick a rose in the young girl's throat to ward off the devil

East Texas couple beat their one year old child to death during exorcism (2008)
A young East Texas couple was arraigned Wednesday on capital murder charges accusing them of beating the woman's 1-year-old daughter to get rid of "the demons. Authorities said that the child was also bitten more than 20 times. Blaine Milam, 19, and Jessica Carson, 18, remained jailed Wednesday in lieu of a $2 million bond for each ....

Mother and father kill six year old daughter while trying to "undemonize" her (Georgia, 2004)
A 6-year-old girl found dead in a motel room had been strangled, stabbed, beaten and covered in pages torn from a Bible, possibly in an attempt to "undemonize" her, police said Tuesday.

Five year old girl killed by mother and grandmother during exorcism in New York (1997)
The grandmother and mother of a missing 5-year-old were charged with fatally poisoning the girl, whose body was put out with the trash in front of their apartment building. One police official said the killing was an “exorcism.

egregores.blogspot.com...

The Devil must be busy with all these exorcisms going on! Exorcism Thriving in U.S., Say Experts

"By conservative estimates, there are at least five or six hundred evangelical exorcism ministries in operation today, and quite possibly two or three times this many," he writes, in addition to numerous exorcisms performed by charismatic, Pentecostal and other brands of Christianity.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Wow. I was aware of the savagery going on in Africa, but hadn't noticed the things you posted. Thanks for contributing!!

As for what they were 'thinking', well, your guess is as good as mine. I know there are "Christians" among the Chinese - but this might be not linked to Christian beliefs -

although it CERTAINLY is linked to SUPERSTITION!!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

DING DING DING!

This is exactly what I was going to say. Superstition is the culprit here.

What on Earth gave them the idea that a two year old was possessed? Was he crying too much? Was he in the "terrible two's" stage? This is really bizarre and I'm at a loss for words.

People need to drop their superstitions, because not only does it lead to crap like this, but it also holds the world back from advancement. These people should have been put in jail, they don't deserve any less.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Demonic possessions do occur. If you've ever been in the presence of one of those things, you would think you were going crazy the first time it levitated or started spewing out your darkest secrets and speaking in a languages the victim has never known. The goal of demons is to kill the victim, and sometimes it does happen. We're not talking about people who are merely schizophrenic, or having multiple personality disorder here. I do not know if the 2 year old was possessed or not, but conventional methods of containment usually fail. Demons can break chains and send people flying across the room like rag dolls. They're not bound by the laws of physics we are.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I think you've been watching too many movies.

Lots of "possessions" can be explained by schizophrenia or dissociative identity disorder. I've never heard of anyone levitating or throwing anyone across a room before, unless you're talking about fiction.

If they are possessing a physical body, then yes, they do have to follow the laws of physics. They really have no other choice.
edit on 4-8-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

What's your point? Did these children deserve to die? Did their own demons kill them?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think you've been watching too many movies.

Lots of "possessions" can be explained by schizophrenia or dissociative identity disorder. I've never heard of anyone levitating or throwing anyone across a room before, unless you're talking about fiction.

If they are possessing a physical body, then yes, they do have to follow the laws of physics. They really have no other choice.
edit on 4-8-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

That shows your lack of knowledge of things that are not bound by what humans are. I hope one day you experience something that will open your blind eyes. Then you will see you don't know as much as you think you do.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Please show me some evidence of possessions turning into levitating magic acts where people are thrown across the room like rag dolls.

The Exorcist doesn't count, it's fiction.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Do you consider parapsychology a field of science?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The Exorcist doesn't count, it's fiction.

Sorta

Regardless of the Jesuit documentation, 40 plus witnesses who signed off the possession as genuine and the Vatican's assessment of demonic possession, Doe's possession appeared to be a lower plane spirit. Perhaps earthbound. Hard to tell. The portal opening most probably was created during several Ouija board sessions a few days prior to the first signs of spirit attachment.

The Roman Catholic church labels most everything as "demons" since they had positioned themselves Satan's controller and against an immediate and continuing afterlife.

Positioned is the wrong word. Substitute "cornered" for MU, thanks

join