It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia State student forms White Student Union

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I don't think he is afraid of anything..just trying to make a point that instead of each race being divided and having organizations to help only their own that maybe they are all ridiculous and should be helping everyone in the same manner. These organizations can only be looked at as racist and selfish. I don't think the original idea behind these organizations is what is happening today.

That's like murdering someone to make the point that murder is bad.

I think that is a bit different. With what he has done he is actually getting coverage and a story on it. How else should he go about it? There is a reason it is getting covered by the news and it brings about discussion which can in turn bring change.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I don't think he is afraid of anything..just trying to make a point that instead of each race being divided and having organizations to help only their own that maybe they are all ridiculous and should be helping everyone in the same manner. These organizations can only be looked at as racist and selfish. I don't think the original idea behind these organizations is what is happening today.

That's like murdering someone to make the point that murder is bad.

No it isn't.

I have been saying that some white organizations should have been formed long ago to show just how racists this is. We really do need to get rid of all race oriented organizations. And what better way than to show them that those organizations hurt the excluded races. The days of "advancing black people" are over. Time to move on, otherwise race issues will persist in this country with the constant reminders. A double standard is racist in itself.

How about this? National association for the advancement of Americans.
edit on 1-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I think that is a bit different. With what he has done he is actually getting coverage and a story on it. How else should he go about it? There is a reason it is getting covered by the news and it brings about discussion which can in turn bring change.

It's possible.... remains to be seen how the collective mindset will react. Obviously results will vary according to the individual.

If this is his true intent, it should be stated by him openly - and soon!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

It's possible.... remains to be seen how the collective mindset will react. Obviously results will vary according to the individual.

If this is his true intent, it should be stated by him openly - and soon!

Not sure of his true intent but if that is then I can see why not stating it openly is going to garner more attention to the subject at this time.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If you're white and feel the need to be in some sort of white's only gang to survive, you are a **snipped**. And if you are just forming the gang to make a political point, you're a **snipped** and a troll.
edit on 1-8-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Aug 1 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: inappropriate comment removed.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
If you're white and feel the need to be in some sort of white's only gang to survive, you are a **snipped**. And if you are just forming the gang to make a political point, you're a **snipped** and a troll.

What about i replace 'white' by 'black' or 'asian' in your sentence, will it work? I hope so.

Peace out.
edit on Thu Aug 1 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I guess the same goes for any group or gang that is formed in your opinion?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Is this how you normally speak? The troll part is kinda ironic don't ya think.

Political correctness is tool for the progressive filth to keep everyone in line. Both sides white and black have been played. Race should not even be an issue anymore.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Not sure of his true intent but if that is then I can see why not stating it openly is going to garner more attention to the subject at this time.

But will it be the right kind of attention? You know, positive...?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well, I don't agree with a club forming per say. Then again I do not agree with Black Student Unions, Mexican Business Clubs ect.

I do not think that race should be a part of any school club or organization. All it does is cause the race issue to keep chugging along.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
So...did a search and did not see this posted but of COURSE it is getting a TON of attention here in GA. Love that this guy is standing up for his rights but I am sure this is going to get more attention as it rolls along. I have the same feelings as he does on some of the issues he has brought up and watched the news report on him last night. I couldn't agree more on the fact that starting this group he is being called a racist when there are numerous other groups that do the same and are accepted. My thought is this was a move to test just how society would react to starting a white student union and just how hypocritical others can be.

Freshman Patrick Sharp said he started the club so that students of European and Euro-American descent can celebrate their shared history and culture and discuss issues that affect white people, such as immigration and affirmative action.

“If we are already minorities on campus and are soon to be minorities in this country why wouldn’t we have the right to advocate for ourselves and have a club just like every other minority?” said Sharp, 18. “Why is it when a white person says he is proud to be white he’s shunned as a racist?”

Source

I would like to see what Obama has to say about this...and whether or not he thinks it is a racial issue. I like that this kid stood up for something and is pushing an issue that needs to be dealt with head on.
edit on 8/1/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

1. "Test" has already been done at Towson University in Baltimore County, Maryland.
The person who started the organization would feel quite at home in Jamel, Germany
along with some of the posters on this thread.

2. Um, freshman Patrick Sharp has not been paying attention in class as the
majority of them are devoted to the history of white people.

3. You can proud of who you are.....just not at the expense of everyone else.

4. Do you think President Obama gives a darn about freshman Patrick Sharp?

BTW FTP.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Ahh..to be young and full of idealism.....at least until the hard heeled boot of reality comes smashing down to squash it into oblivion......

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

What? The Black, Hispanic or Asian Student Unions aren't segregating or being racists. This is dead wrong. These unions are put together because they were/are still being discriminated against. White people run this country. This is just another move telling all other ethnic groups "No matter what, we're always gonna be on top." You already run the damn country, black president or not. You already control the money, big businesses, what the hell ever else there is. God forbid we Black people, Asians or Hispanics band together to work together in a country that does its best to knock us down. This shouldn't be applauded or condoned. This was an idiot move, both in the sense of white people coming together but knowing what uproar it brings. This White Student Union is totally out of the question. You can't be the MLK of White people. This is ridiculous. No argument can be made.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Racist morons.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Here we go...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillChanger

1. "Test" has already been done at Towson University in Baltimore County, Maryland.
The person who started the organization would feel quite at home in Jamel, Germany
along with some of the posters on this thread.

2. Um, freshman Patrick Sharp has not been paying attention in class as the
majority of them are devoted to the history of white people.

3. You can proud of who you are.....just not at the expense of everyone else.

4. Do you think President Obama gives a darn about freshman Patrick Sharp?

BTW FTP.

So white people are not allowed to be proud of anything and for groups in the same way to further themselves as well? They should just sit idly and let every other race do what they want and say what they want? And there is a reason most history books in the US are mostly about white people....because, besides American Indians, white people inhabited the US. Do you think they teach white history in Africa or India or China?

I am sure everyone can be proud of who they are....why do other races need groups to do it?

I sure hope President Obama knows who this is as he seems to want to bring race issues into EVERY home in America.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Ahh..to be young and full of idealism.....at least until the hard heeled boot of reality comes smashing down to squash it into oblivion......

Yep...probably happen to him sooner than later is my guess.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arashikage

What? The Black, Hispanic or Asian Student Unions aren't segregating or being racists. This is dead wrong. These unions are put together because they were/are still being discriminated against. White people run this country. This is just another move telling all other ethnic groups "No matter what, we're always gonna be on top." You already run the damn country, black president or not. You already control the money, big businesses, what the hell ever else there is. God forbid we Black people, Asians or Hispanics band together to work together in a country that does its best to knock us down. This shouldn't be applauded or condoned. This was an idiot move, both in the sense of white people coming together but knowing what uproar it brings. This White Student Union is totally out of the question. You can't be the MLK of White people. This is ridiculous. No argument can be made.

Oh....ok....but when a white group forms they are immediately labeled racist? So should the other race oriented groups be applauded? His school is almost the exact same ratio of white to black but whites shouldn't be allowed to form a group to help themselves? They should just sit back and take it? What happens when the ratio goes the other way...are they allowed to have a group then in your eyes?

edit on 8/1/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I know a place he could go where people like him
are treated with more respect and generally better
than the other folk. Its a place called Georgia.
Oh wait...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

So because he is in Georgia and forming this group is the reason it is not ok? If he were in NY and did it or at some liberal arts college in CA it would be fine?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join