It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings – “Foul Play Or Not” – Do you have a plausible theory?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Call a cab. If MH was going to catch a plane or bus to Vegas why not call a cab if he was worried about his Benz. Can't say he was afraid to leave it behind for his brother. He was going to borrow Thigpen's car. Unless he planned to take the keys.

ColoradoJens comments were not that surprising to me beside the alleged Molly consumption. Watching some of his interviews it was obvious he was not concerned with the feelings of all people. I know this was TV and he was trying to build a brand. He obviously enjoyed the attention of being different. Maybe when he was among strangers or high he took on the same persona. Like you, I do not see much relevance in actions from that week to the events of the last days of his life and death.

I am assuming MH was planning on driving to Vegas and that Thigpen was the source of that info. She was quoted as saying he was scared and wanted to borrow her car to get out of town. I would assume she asked him where he was going. Krikorian has been very helpful, but very frustrating at the same time. Everything that he discloses seems to open doors without revealing much. I hope it does not end this way.

I cannot believe MH was driving that car from before Santa Monica to its crash of his own volition. I think when Richard Clarke says it was consistent with a car hacking, with his contacts he is very close to positive. I see a car being controlled by cyber attack with an explosive device on board for graphic intimidation. I doubt if we ever know the truth. The few that were confided in by MH and know why he was so freaked have obviously received the message. Getting this mess to a trial is the only hope of getting anything close to the truth out. I do not have many ideas on how to do that.

I do not believe 99% of what I read including this info by WND. They are saying MH may have had info on Brennan from 2008. Brennan was according to them working for the Obama campaign as a intelligence and foreign affairs expert. Brennan was also heading Analysis Corp. As a contractor for the Justice Dept they had access to protected info. An employee of AC was reprimanded for accessing Obama's pass port records. They are claiming MH may have had info that the purpose was to "cauterize" Obama's file. Not sure how to link, but you can probably find it with a search. For what it's worth.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by barabajagal

Can you give any more information on the possible “residences” for MH? I’ve come up short again and again.
I have read some of the info regarding the unauthorized access of the ‘Obama passport records’. Guess we won’t know whether that’s relevant or not, until/unless more info comes out.

Even with my leaning toward “Foul Play”, I still cannot get past the logistics that would have been required to pull this off…
Is it possible?
I believe it is.
Is it plausible?
That’s the problem.

I can only see TH*M placing explosives on-board…if TH*Y were in a position to ensure that the explosives exploded.

If they cyber-jacked the throttle & brakes…but left the steering to the car’s occupant – they could not guarantee that he wouldn’t have to attempt to avoid traffic or pedestrians long before “very high speed” was achieved…

So – if it was just – implant a ‘virus/routine’ that, once activated, rev’s the accelerator and keeps revving … and that ignores all input from the brake pedal…
There’s probably, at least, a 50% chance that he would never have achieved a speed over 60 mph (before hitting another car, tree, hydrant, whatever).

And – to avoid the initial suspicion & scrutiny of LAPD & LAFD…TH*Y needed the “high speed” (witness testimonies) to explain the accident with "inevitable consequences" well enough, that no foul play was suspected…and no in-depth investigation initiated.

Likewise – I continue to maintain that – if Foul Play was at hand…and the high speed…the crash and the subsequent “explosion”…were due to cyber-attack…this would have to have been a “significant operation”, with “operators” stationed every block or two down North Highland Avenue…as they would have had to have “eyes” on the vehicle, at all times…to insure success (perhaps even remotely igniting that final explosion).

For me – the “ignition” and “explosion” after the car settles to the ground remain suspicious.
So – I have not ruled-out the possibility of some kind of explosives being on-board.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I have been following these threads for months now and I finally singed up so I can say some stuff.

Mike Hastings was killed plain and simple and I think there a bunch of stupid people think the CIA or FBI went and did it.

I am pretty sure I have figured out the whole damn thing. I think everyone is going to be disappointed though.

This Thigpen lady is pretty hot and I think Mike had the hots for her. So I think that she lied and said that he was at her house trying to borrow her car because she did not want anyone to know they had just had a roll in the sack and after cleaning up he went into town to get something to eat. That is when his wife had a hired killer follow him and he knew that he was being followed and instead of playing it cool he drove like a stupid idiot trying to get away when he crashed and wrecked his car. The killer didnt even need to use any bullets so I think he should give a discount. I think the cops should be investigating the scorned wife. Cause how convenient that she was out of town. She more probly knew that this was going on for a long time.

Sorry guys but that is just how it is. So all you dummys can stop saying he was blowed up and missiled and all that stupid stuff. It didn;t happen. I think it was an accident hat he sent emails on the same day though. What are the odds. It is enough for peoples head to go wild and stuff.

I don't want to take credit for solving this case because I just want everyone to know the truth. Now go get that damn wife. SHe is bad, real bad.

Plus I wanted to say that that shadllaczumbrume guy is a stupid idiot too. This was murder get over it.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DixonHand

I am turning over a new leaf so I am going to be nice in my response.

I do have to admit though, that is probably Most Unique Theory I have heard to date.

I would like to see what proof you can bring to the discussion as it would seem to me that someone so sure of themselves certainly has something to back their claims up with.

OR, are you writing checks with your mouth that your @$$ can't ca$h?

Have you even looked at any of the evidence or lack there of, or are you shooting from the hip?

I don't mind you calling me a "Stupid Idiot" as it somewhat validates that I have a plausible theory. At least I have something to back it up anyways.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

You read up on Michael Hastings threads for months and the signed up for that post? Wow. How definitive, thanks for clearing it all up (not). Perhaps it would have been better had you not signed up. Now the world knows how your brain operates. Good luck on the rest of your ATS postings. I imagine we'll see about five or so more humdingers and then be graced with your exit.

CJ

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DixonHand
reply to post by WanDash

...Mike Hastings was killed plain and simple and I think there a bunch of stupid people think the CIA or FBI went and did it.
...I am pretty sure I have figured out the whole damn thing. I think everyone is going to be disappointed though.
...they had just had a roll in the sack and...he went into town to get something to eat.
...his wife had a hired killer follow him and he knew that he was being followed and instead of playing it cool he drove like a stupid idiot trying to get away when he crashed and wrecked his car. The killer didnt even need to use any bullets so I think he should give a discount....

Thanks for the attempt at putting a theory forward.
Couple of questions...
1st - the wife is/was in New York City...
Are you suggesting that she had hired someone to spy-on &/or follow her husband...who...upon verifying that her husband was having an affair...was supposed to corner him & kill him?
And so - after the after-midnight romp with the neighbor's V*lv*...upon spying Hastings exiting her apartment - the hired-someone became hired-hitman...and took off after Hastings (who was - certainly, as you say - hungry, by now...)...
Hastings, in his super-paranoid state (marijuana, NSA, FBI, adultery) spies the assassin coming - and, starts hauling a$$... ?

2nd - the Fear Factor
Neither the LoudLabs video (unedited) or the Pizzeria Mozza security camera video give credence to the possibility that he was being chased or pursued by anyone (visible).
So - to consider your Answer, we must consider that Hastings was SOOO frightened by the initial 'recognition' of the hired assassin...that, even after losing his stalker...he not only continued to run...but continued running faster and faster...until there was no more 'faster' he could go... ?

3rd - wife suspecting hanky panky for a long time
She may have suspected that Michael was not holding to his end of the bargain...for a while... But - he reportedly had not met this neighbor until after her boyfriend had been killed in a car crash...sometime in April (so - for a grand total of 2 months +/-).

...Sorry guys but that is just how it is. So all you dummys can stop saying he was blowed up and missiled and all that stupid stuff. It didn;t happen. I think it was an accident hat he sent emails on the same day though. What are the odds. It is enough for peoples head to go wild and stuff.
...I don't want to take credit for solving this case because I just want everyone to know the truth. Now go get that damn wife. SHe is bad, real bad.

Please DO take credit for this solution. Too many great minds slip into and through the cracks...and it would be a shame if the world didn't give credit to whom it is appropriately...due.

Plus I wanted to say that that shadllaczumbrume guy is a stupid idiot too...

You'll need to take a number, and get in a very long line...

Hope we can look forward to more masterpiece solutions from your end of the world...in the near future.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Proof? I have the exact proof and evidence everyone else is using and say the FBI killled him. So whats it matter that I have a better decision making abilities then you. I was able to figure it out and you wasn't. Are you really that stupid? you act like you are smart but cant think your way to a wet paper bag.

You want proof? well he does have a neighbor lady and everyone nows. I think it was the landlord who hooked em up. he probly even paid him some money too. I will even bet, Probly because he wanted him to keep it quiet. And plus his brother wasnt there so that is proof that he didnt now what was going on. See all of the evidence is there.

Man you are really stupid. I couldnt think as slow as you if I was asleep.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I dont now if I like you saying that. I did clear it up and I gave all the answrs. Cant' you see that?
I have figured it out. And dont tell me cause I am the one to figure it out. I didnt see you giving any answers.
As you can see my brain works just find but I dont want everybody nowing that. and I am sure I will have nore answer on other stuff too when I set my mind to it. and I will be he longer than you think. You can get rid of a real good thinker that easy.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

well 1st I don't think she hired him to spy. It was for the only purpose to kill him. I am pertty sure that he sat outside and waited for him to leave the neightbor ladies house. If she was with him he would have killed her too. Cause you cant leave any witnessess.

and 2 because he was scared and running like a chicken that he couldn't think strate and is why his pedal was to the metal.

and 3 it only takes a 1 niter to get a good butty call so it is realy easy to figure out.

It is because I don't want credit I dont want as fanefair and the other stupid stuff too.

Did you read his stuff? That guy is a tru dumb a ss. he doesnt even know the difference between a acident and a murder. there is no big line because he ant smart enoguh to keep up with me. I will mash him easy as pie.

Don't worry I will be round here.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

...1st I don't think she hired him to spy. It was for the only purpose to kill him. I am pertty sure that he sat outside and waited for him to leave the neightbor ladies house. If she was with him he would have killed her too. Cause you cant leave any witnessess...

So - 'suspicion' was enough to order a 'hit'. Whether he walked out of the neighbor's apartment, or his...or the one his brother was staying in...would have made no difference... The hit was going down - that night - coinciding coincidentally with the "cloud" that has arisen around the previous day's email and purported call to the WikiLeaks attorney...
If the neighbor-lady would have been killed too...had she walked out of the apartment at the same time...then, could we also presume that the brother would have been killed (as well), if he had walked out with him?
Sounds to me like this was a 'do it now - regardless' assignment.

ETA: Do you think the hit would still have taken place, if...rather than walking out of an/any apartment at/around 4 a.m. ...the neighbor might have declined the invitation...or...(god forbid) he might have "actually passed out"...and not awoken when his brother left the apartment...and never made the one-night-bed-buddy request... ... ... ...would the "hitman" have been ordered to execute his/her orders...NO MATTER WHEN he walked out of the apartment (6, 7, 8, 9, etc... a.m. ) ...?
I'm wondering what kind of orders this 'hitman' had...

...2 because he was scared and running like a chicken that he couldn't think strate and is why his pedal was to the metal.

The leap (in rationale) that must be employed to accept this explanation is greater than I am prepared to take.

...3 it only takes a 1 niter to get a good butty call so it is realy easy to figure out...

Your first comment stated - "Cause how convenient that she was out of town. She more probly knew that this was going on for a long time." So (imo) - it looks like you're back-tracking with this response. She didn't 'happen to be out of town'... They had been 'effectively separated' for the last 4 months, with him living in L.A., and her remaining on the east coast.

...Did you read his stuff? That guy is a tru dumb a ss. he doesnt even know the difference between a acident and a murder. there is no big line because he ant smart enoguh to keep up with me. I will mash him easy as pie...

I'm sure that we are all convinced you could mash him like a pie (what's your favorite?)...but, what if - the pie were filled with 4 and 20 blackbirds?
Then - you might have a problem.
We (in a collective sense) have been humoring ShadellacZumbrum from the start. (
)
He put some exceptional effort into an attempt at spelling-out "how" this story could be explained by Operator Error (which - by the way - is what you're saying, as well) &/or Mechanical Malfunction...
He has, literally, placed more on the line, and in a more logical/practical manner than anyone-else (including myself - but, now - with your postulation...you might have attained to a similar honor)...
If you read his thread regarding the same - you'll see that he took a lot of flack...having to continually defend his points (and consider alternative explanations)...
And - if you stick around to allow your posited-solution to be vetted - I can only hope you weather the conflict with as much grace as he.
edit on 9/8/2013 by WanDash because: correctives

edit on 9/8/2013 by WanDash because: Further thoughts left out lest forgotten

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

You are right it was a do or die now situashion. The murderer was sent the with specific instrution to do it that night I am sure. Why else would he have sit there all night waiting for him. and which i am sure that when he seen him go to the neighbor ladies house that hw was already prepaired to kill her to.

and let me ask you if you thouht you was being wached and noticed someone following you wouldnt you run to. I am sure you would liek anybody would.

How do you know she didnt' plan the the sepration? she could have been in on it from the beginning. So i m not tracking nowhere it is obvious as hell. Honstly I would have thouht people mite have caught that.

And I ment pie like cake easy as hell. and he relly didnt do nothing. His is making guesses like everyone else who says it was the FBI or missiles. He relly is just blowing smoke andd ading mirors is why you think he made a good argumant By the way I did not even say it was operater error cause he was chased into that tree. he might have lost control at the end but it wasnt his fault. and plus you are saying he is smart and can take a beating. well I don't think so. I just think he talks a big game.and I will stick around becase he can't even keep up with me. I will shame him down into the dirt with his conflict.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

...You are right it was a do or die now situashion. The murderer was sent the with specific instrution to do it that night I am sure....

Thanks for responding, again.
I will state, however, from my own observation/s, that the ONLY FACT/s you have included in your proposition, is the high speed crash. EVERYthing else, has been supposition.
Others have expressed concern/s about possibilities of the wife's involvement. But - we are at a huge disadvantage for lack of ANY evidence that might give more than suspicion to said...suspicions.

On the question - If I thought someone was watching me...and saw them "watching" then "following" me...would I automatically run?
I don't know that answer, for certain...but I think there is a strong possibility that I would try to "draw them into the light"...rather than (me) running into the darkness.
I would, literally, have attempted to get them into a public (lighted) place, where I was certain that security cameras were in operation...and see if I couldn't get them to get out of their vehicle...for some candid camera poses...and, perhaps (if I was certain enough) call the cops, right then and there.
So - I'm not seeing that your line of reasoning is solid enough to get past some (many) of the other weak-spots in the proposed theory.

True - I have no way of knowing that she (his wife) could not have been urging him...many months before...to find a "job" on the West Coast...so she could pull off this vendetta (meaning - only a year and a half after they married, she was ready to murder him)...

Guess I'll let you and Shadellac' duke-it-out over his obvious absurdities... I've tried, unsuccessfully, for two months, now...and he's simply too quick for me!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Firstly I would like to say that we should try to keep this somewhat civil, and if you can help it at all, try to reduce the frequency of the insults name calling. There is really no need to get bent out of shape. I can see you are a little feisty, but, you must learn to govern your passions, they will be your undoing. Maybe a little Anger Management is in order.

I would like to note that I promise not to mention anything about your sentence structure, or numerous spelling errors, because I am certain you are probABly already aware of them as well as your poor contextual word usage.

Now, regarding this weak @$$ proof you have tabled.

I am just trying to understand so let me see if I have this right. .. . ..
You are saying that the proof you have consists of the fact that he has a “neighbor lady” in addition to the fact that his brother wasn't there? I think that is what you are saying. So am I to understand that this is proof that his wife had him murdered?

Do you read what you write? or even think about it for that matter?
That makes absolutely no sense what so ever. Your argument has got to be worked on. The idea might be somewhat feasible, but, your delivery Absolutely Sucks, Like your M[SNIP]oM.

Went you get some Cold Hard Facts, come back and see me.

Thanks for the opportunity to debate this with you.

edit on 9-9-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
why is it only my internal TROLL siren is going off ?

pullease!!

Well I hope it is what I think it is .... if not I really do despair as to the "logic" of some peoples' brains....

his/her monniker should tell you enough btw

edit on 9-9-2013 by bowaconstricta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowaconstricta
...Well I hope it is what I think it is .... if not I really do despair as to the "logic" of some peoples' brains....
...his/her monniker should tell you enough btw

A little frustrating.
Troll?
I was wondering if Shadellac' might not have signed up with a new username, just to toy with us/me.
But - chose to give the initial benefit of treating the proposition as sincere...and see if there's more to what they're saying than it initially seemed - and then...see if they wise-up, show their hand (hopefully, not in this case
), or fall away.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I wish I could only be as smart or creative for that matter.

I do have to say, that is the first time I had heard that theory.

The problem is, Unlike the FBI Murder scenario, there is allot less circumstantial evidence, which suggests that his wife did it. There are literally too many holes in that theory, as far as things that can be disproved.

I will try and remain optimistic that he will return with a nice pile of evidence although I will not be holding my breath.

On a side note . .. . .. .
I did stumble across this article this morning and though I would add it. .. ...

DOJ Finished Records Process for the FOIA Request on MH Records

It is really nothing new, it just shows that Sept. 9 2013 (which is today) is when they started processing the records filed for in the lawsuit by Ryan Shapiro and Jason Leopold.

By the way, those are the records the FBI says that they Did NOT have.

ETA:
CORRECTION .. ..
Sept., 9 is the day they are to be FINISHED processing the records.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Tricks are for kids.
I remember reading the piece regarding the heretofore non-existent records...
Don't know if we (being - the generally-interested public) will be given access to what derives from the FOIA request (documents)...but, one can hope.
(Now - if Marilyn Monroe's name surfaces...I might have a problem with what TH*Y turned over.)

Well... Back to the hum-drudgery of inching through the evidence.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Here is another article.

Why Michael Hastings Wasn't Murdered

Do not know if you had seen this yet, but, it is a good read and in the comments section there are a ton of good questions.

Also Guy Montag added a section to the comments.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Thanks for the link, Shadellac'

I will preface this review of Mike Rothschild's piece with:
He makes some valid points ... all of which, have been made in this thread (at least) -- which, so happens, to be on a "conspiracy theory" website forum.
His argument for "no foul play" is weak at best...and, in fact, no stronger than an argument for "foul play"...in its lack of a case.
His entire case is built around "why" various arguments "for" foul play...are not, or might not be...correct...but shows not one proof of why "no foul play" is (correct/obvious).
In my opinion - he is a wannabe journalistic cliche.
Sorry for the barbs...

Brief Review of points that interested me (or drew my ire)...

Under "Hastings' Death Was Suspicious"
He first states that "yes, it was suspicious...but only because all car accidents are suspicious."
Then takes his first leap (no facts to support - thus ingratiating himself into & among the ranks of all those "theorists" he so loftily looks down upon)...being - "Any time a piece of machinery fails catastrophically...something happened that wasn't supposed to."
And following that with - "The (LAPD) and Coroner's Office are tasked with putting those suspicions to rest...", which, he adds - "(t)hey did...unless one happens to not believe the report. But in the absence of evidence that the report is false, I don't see any reason not to believe it."

First - how do you get from high-speed crash...to catastrophic failure of the machinery?

Second - there is a difference between a report that is "false", and a report that is "insufficient", just as there can be a difference between a full investigation and a completed investigation.

Next - with regard to the 'email' and 'call to Jennifer Robinson', he says - "...none of these close friends and associates have confirmed they had been interviewed..."
He should have qualified this statement with - "to me"...as, at least one private investigator (speaking for two private investigators) claims to have confirmation on the claim (made in the email).

Next - with regard to timeline - he ascribes the neighborly conversation that expressed concern that his car had been tampered with, and that he was afraid to drive it...to "the day before the accident".
(Yes - I know - this can be interpreted to mean before the accident, but on the same day as the accident - nevertheless, it is "cloudy", at best.)

Next - to jump from not enough marijuana and amphetamine...to be a factor in the crash...to...paranoia and jitters (from recent &/or frequent use) giving a plausible explanation to...the speeding... ?

The explanations on "why" the CIA chief, and General McChrystal would not have done this are as weak as they are substantive. Meaning - they have just as many counter-points as they do "scores". So - it's like using an argument that has 50% chance of being correct...for your secret/ultimate weapon.

I generally agree with his points regarding "The Tree...", and that if there was a bomb, the timing would have to have been impeccable...

His take on the near impossibility of car-hacking, I found absurdly condescending (and in denial of an abundance of evidence to the contrary)...(though, at some point he takes a couple steps back, after apparently conversing with someone-else who had a little more knowledge in said affairs)

- - - - - - - - -

Overall, I think I'm becoming cynical toward the possibility of any substantive arguments in either direction...without other/more information - that - we have no guarantee will ever come to light.
One of his points that I found compelling was - in answer to "why was he speeding like that?", we may never know. There may be only one person with that answer...and he is no longer here to tell us.
On the other hand - this presumes "No Foul Play"... Because - with "Foul Play" in the picture, there would likely be AT LEAST ONE OTHER with said knowledge.

I'm growing more and more frustrated with those who write articles in support or defense of either side of the argument (or "just reporting the news") blaming their inaccuracies and insufficiencies on other sources...never bothering to prove the various pieces out for themselves...and thus - stand to be ridiculed or praised for their work.

To me - this was like reading a 10th grade essay for Pop Culture.
I'm sorry, Shadellac' - I found some thought-filled and intelligent replies in the train that followed...but, found as much (or more) that were shallow and thoughtless, as well.
edit on 9/9/2013 by WanDash because: change positions

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

You are right again Wan.

I went back and read it again after posting it because I didn't remember and specifics as to why he wasn't murdered and realized the same as you had just said.

Interestingly enough there are becoming more and more article ALL reflecting on the same information, or MIS-information for that matter. There has been nothing new really introduced.

Do you think that there has been such a bombardment of this "Same" information that, at this point, we are Over Thinking the Same-old, Same-old?

I also believe that we (You and I) have examined each individual piece of information from nearly every angle possible, and have even included some Non-Conventional Theories as well.

I am in firm belief that when the full Police Report becomes available that we may in fact be able to extract at least one piece of information that will garner a little credence to either side of the boat, but, from the sounds of things it may be some time before it is released.

By the way, I know that Det. White has said that they are trying to do a thorough investigation, but, are you in MY mindset, that their "Loose Ends" may be amounting to Something?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join