It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They May Look Like Us.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
If I met an alien, and they remotely looked like us (bipedal, fingers, etc), I would have to seriously consider our understanding of origins.

Consider the millions of different variations of life on this planet alone..any single instance could have become the clever species...it was just happenstance it was the primate family that seemed to have the best of luck (environment favored primates to develop brain mass)...but it could have easily of been a cockroach, lizard, k9, etc.

Still, who knows...nature may favor specific designs for brain mass...2 legs verses for for energy conservation, which would lead to new defensive matters (aka, demand for increased brain processing), etc...might come to find out our form is the common form for intelligence to best take off in a species...

So yeah, I just decided to go both ways on this...meh, who knows is the right answer...they may look like us...sure...or they may not.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reading this thread made me feel like a monkey sitting at my computer. what am i doing

The possibilities are endless now that I know a whale comes from a dog.

could it be true that the building blocks for reality, like gravity, dictate evolution?
maybe it has to follow a certain path, and has done this millions of times before.
ie martians like us messed up mars, went to venus messed her up, and now here we are
messing up the place.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699

Originally posted by Oannes
Just a theory. My belief is that over time, most warm blooded, mamilian creatures will evolve to look like us. By that I mean bipedal upright two forward facing eyes etc... I'm writing this because someone said that other space beings probably don't look like us. There is ample evidence of several races of star beings that are 99% human in appearance. They most likly share a large part of our genome.

The demons only appear as the greys to trick us into thinking they have some similarity to humans to make us more curious about them since they seem to have 2 arms 2 legs 2 eyes, nose, mouth ears head feet hands etc. That makes the average person more curious. But it's just a demon and most demons are really powerless and pathetic in all honesty.

This is why aliens dont want to make contact with us. People like you.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

This is why aliens dont want to make contact with us. People like you.

This made me laugh. I don't know why. I guess the straightforward simplicity of the statement. So true, though. A star for you.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I sometimes ask myself this question to. That they somewhat share our evolution or genome. Of course their would be a huge difference of what chemicals we have or they have in their bodies, since i.e we polluted the planet. It could be a possible why they could show such interest in us, although I think their differences from us would be tremendous, just like the technology.

I enjoy looking at these pictures some times, even though they are notoriously frowned upon. The white moon one could be the very picture responsible for most peoples believe in the so-called fabled "Nordic species". As for the orange lantern chasing it, no idea as to what the artist was trying to capture. I do like the human element the guy tried to capture in the figures.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Just a theory. My belief is that over time, most warm blooded, mamilian creatures will evolve to look like us. By that I mean bipedal upright two forward facing eyes etc... I'm writing this because someone said that other space beings probably don't look like us. There is ample evidence of several races of star beings that are 99% human in appearance. They most likly share a large part of our genome.

The demons only appear as the greys to trick us into thinking they have some similarity to humans to make us more curious about them since they seem to have 2 arms 2 legs 2 eyes, nose, mouth ears head feet hands etc. That makes the average person more curious. But it's just a demon and most demons are really powerless and pathetic in all honesty.

Even if I were the type to think demons were evil, I still know your theory is crap. You know why? Because if they really wanted to fool us, they'd all look like hot chicks and Brad Pitt.

They operate in the spiritual realms, not physical. So the best they can do is once in a while appear to someone looking like a "grey" but their time as a grey is very limited. After a while they must revert back to there spiritual life form which we can't see.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nrd101
reading this thread made me feel like a monkey sitting at my computer. what am i doing

The possibilities are endless now that I know a whale comes from a dog.

could it be true that the building blocks for reality, like gravity, dictate evolution?
maybe it has to follow a certain path, and has done this millions of times before.
ie martians like us messed up mars, went to venus messed her up, and now here we are
messing up the place.

YCFAM!! (you come from a monkey!)

edit on 30-7-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Even if I were the type to think demons were evil, I still know your theory is crap. You know why? Because if they really wanted to fool us, they'd all look like hot chicks and Brad Pitt.

They operate in the spiritual realms, not physical. So the best they can do is once in a while appear to someone looking like a "grey" but their time as a grey is very limited. After a while they must revert back to there spiritual life form which we can't see.

But why? If you can disguise yourself as a "grey", why can't you disguise yourself as a supermodel or some exotic and attractive thing? The typical alien you hear described by witnesses aren't exactly approachable nor comforting.

Why would it be any more difficult to not look like an unsettling monochrome biped?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Well the bible does talk about angel disguising themselves as humans. I've never met the angels only the demons disguised as humans that want to harm me, funny thing is most of them work for the g=v.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Consider the panspermia model. If the building blocks of life exists in meteors and comets, there could be many that share a common ancestry. Dna itsself could be like a blank slate, encoding whatever is available at the time. The Paschats are a great example of this. They are feline like humanoids. They started on all fours, but over time became more hominid in body structure. Different enviorments facilitate the need for adaptation and dexterity.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join