It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis on Gays "Who Am I To Judge?'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Pope Francis on Gays "Who Am I To Judge?'

Exactly... even the Pope is not perfect and that's what you have to be to be able to lay judgment on another.

We need to reeducate ourselves on the most basic concepts of humanity... lessons we often learn but then almost always soon forget, only to find ourselves once again repeating the pain that comes with getting it all over again.

As for his political postures? No comment... for now. To date, he has not made any grossly overt efforts to shove anything down anyone's throat. This (above) is simply a lesson in who we ALL are...

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Very interesting timing to come out with this "accept the gays" rubbish.Tonight on BBC One Scotland there is a program exposing two boarding schools run by Benedictine monks molesting teenage boys for years.
50 victims have now came forward.
Both the schools have been closed for 20 years.
The BBC even tracked down one of the perverts to Australia,where he moved back to after years of beasting Scottish boys.
Synagogue of Satan springs to mind.
He is just as rotten as every pope before him.
edit on 29/7/2013 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

How is birth control NOT a discipline? There is no mention of the use of birth control in the bible, but abortion is prescribed.

And, Onanism isn't about birth control, it was about disobeying an order from Judah to consumate a marriage with a woman who was already pregnant with Onam's brother's baby.

8 And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.

9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

Onan "knew" that the seed wouldn't be his.

The Catholic Church has hundred of disciplines that aren't mentioned in the Bible, and many doctrines that are absent as well.

The church has an changed it's stance on issues just a important as birth control, and will change the unchangable again even more in the future.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

This kinda makes me nervous....But will he judge those Priests who use children in nefarious ways?

Why is there a connection between pedophilia and homosexuality?

So he thinks gays should be allowed to live on this planet. What on God's green Earth does that do to cause us to question his feelings about child molesters?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
Very interesting timing to come out with this "accept the gays" rubbish.

He didn't say to accept what they do. He didn't say anything at all about the actions.
He said 'do not judge the soul'. It's not our job. It's God's job. And he's correct.

He is just as rotten as every pope before him.

Yeah .. so much hate from him ... how dare he tell us not to judge anyone's soul!!
We should all go around and judge souls ... the world would be a better place. (sarcasm)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

See my above post,the children who were molested were 13 +.
This is not the definition of a peado but a homosexual priest,hence the pope is excusing there behaviour before this program is broadcast.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

If I was him or one of his worshippers(so anti Christian), I would hope the soul and God doesn't exist.
edit on 29/7/2013 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
How is birth control NOT a discipline? There is no mention of the use of birth control in the bible, but abortion is prescribed. And, Onanism isn't about birth control, it was about disobeying an order from Judah to consumate a marriage with a woman who was already pregnant with Onam's brother's baby.

The Catholic Church sees Onanism as being about disobeying God AND the carryover is to birth control. Onan got in trouble for disobeying and spilling his seed. So the Catholic interpretation is both .. disobeying and 'spilling the seed'.

Don't shoot the messenger. I disagree with their interpretation.

And since they say it's a divine command from scripture, it is therefore a doctrine and not a discipline. Doctrines don't change. Disciplines can. As much as I'd like to see this one change .. it can't. But don't worry about it, last I saw only something like 10% of Catholics bought into it anyways. Ya' know??

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

You choose to put unspoken words in his mouth.

There is no argument that can make homosexuality=pedophilia.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Um ... no The pope isn't excusing any behavior. And if you read the thread you'd see the link I gave to where he has said the church needs to take 'definitive action' against pedophiles who have infiltrated the church. The pope was speaking strictly on theology ... do not judge the soul because it's God's job. That has nothing to do with discerning the action and taking 'definitive action' against pedophiles. What he said about judging the souls of homosexuals has nothing to do with infiltrated pedophiles. that's two separate issues.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I have no idea what you said here. You'll have to reword it or something.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
There is no argument that can make homosexuality=pedophilia.

psychology.ucdavis

The distinction between a victim's gender and a perpetrator's sexual orientation is important because many child molesters don't really have an adult sexual orientation. They have never developed the capacity for mature sexual relationships with other adults, either men or women. Instead, their sexual attractions focus on children – boys, girls, or children of both sexes....

Reflecting the results of these and other studies, as well as clinical experience, the mainstream view among researchers and professionals who work in the area of child sexual abuse is that homosexual and bisexual men do not pose any special threat to children.

And then specifically about the Catholic Church

In scandals involving the Catholic church, the victims of sexual abuse were often adolescent boys rather than small children. Similarly, the 2006 congressional page scandal involved males who were at least 16 years old.

These are cases in which the term pedophilia – referring as it does to attractions to prepubescent children – can cause confusion. Rather than pedophilia, the accusations stemming from these scandals raised the question of whether gay people shouldn't be trusted in positions of authority where there is any opportunity for sexually harassing or abusing others.

Here again, there is no inherent connection between an adult's sexual orientation and her or his propensity for endangering others.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
So Pope gets back from Rios beaches to the Vatican and says my Lord guys you can forget the gay policy.

Seems the Vatican are trying to become the modern religion or possibly always have been i don't know.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I don't get it.

You're not supposed to use contraceptives because you're only supposed to have sex for procreation. If you use a condom to prevent disease, you are preventing pregnancy and not having sex simply for procreation.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It appears that the Holy Father is attempting to turn Catholics' attention from the excruciatingly divisive mundane issues to the spiritual. Inspiring and touching! May he succeed in his noble attempts.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Can you read?Peados go for pre pubescent children.The documentary I mention tells of the Benedictine priests waiting until the children were roughly 13,therefore not pre pubescent,therefore homosexual priests not peado.
So the pope is covering his churches ass before this scandal hits the media by saying it's not our job to judge homosexuals.
Can you now see that it's just the usual catholic hierarchy covering up?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Well, I disagree. There is no scriptural imperative that every act of sex must be about procreation. If that were true the church would disallow pregnant women or menopausal women from having sex. According to that logic, even abstinence would be against the biblical imperative to "be fruitful".

Clearly, the Nicene Creed explains the doctrine of Catholicism, the Trinity, the Virgin Birth, the Resurrection and the remission of sin through confession, etc. but, nothing is said about birth control.

Since polls show that an extremely high number of Catholic women of child bearing age are using contraception, despite the church's admonition, but still cling to the basic tenets of the church, it's my conclusion that the church's stance on birth control is a discipline and not a doctrine as outlined by the Nicene Creed.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Um ... no The pope isn't excusing any behavior. And if you read the thread you'd see the link I gave to where he has said the church needs to take 'definitive action' against pedophiles who have infiltrated the church. The pope was speaking strictly on theology ... do not judge the soul because it's God's job. That has nothing to do with discerning the action and taking 'definitive action' against pedophiles. What he said about judging the souls of homosexuals has nothing to do with infiltrated pedophiles. that's two separate issues.
Ah,peados-i.e. pre pubescent.
Remind me what the legal age of 'consent' is in the Vatican.
edit on 29/7/2013 by glen200376 because: spellchecker doesn't like peados

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

Can you read?Peados go for pre pubescent children.The documentary I mention tells of the Benedictine priests waiting until the children were roughly 13,therefore not pre pubescent,therefore homosexual priests not peado.
So the pope is covering his churches ass before this scandal hits the media by saying it's not our job to judge homosexuals.
Can you now see that it's just the usual catholic hierarchy covering up?

Whether it's called pedophilia or not, it's still a sexual disorder. Homosexuality is NOT considered to be a disorder.

Pedophilia is used for individuals with a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children aged 13 or younger. Nepiophilia (Infantophilia) is pedophilia, but is used to refer to a sexual preference for infants and toddlers (ages 0–3 or those under age 5). Hebephilia is defined as individuals with a primary or exclusive sexual interest in 11-14 year old pubescents. The DSM-5 does not list hebephilia among the diagnoses; while evidence suggests that hebephilia is separate from pedophilia, the ICD-10 includes hebephilia in its pedophilia definition, covering the physical development overlap between the two philias. In addition to hebephilia, some clinicians have proposed other categories that are somewhat or completely distinguished from pedophilia; these include pedohebephilia (a combination of pedophilia and hebephilia) and ephebophilia.
en.wikipedia.org...

Ephebophilia is the primary or exclusive adult sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19.[1][2] The term was originally used in the late 19th to mid 20th century.[2] It is one of a number of sexual preferences across age groups subsumed under the technical term "chronophilia". Ephebophilia strictly denotes the preference for mid-to-late adolescent sexual partners, not the mere presence of some level of sexual attraction. In sexual ethics, it may be defined as a sexual preference for girls generally 14–16 years old, and boys generally 14–19 years old.[3] Some authors define ephebophilia as a sexual preference for pubescent and adolescent boys
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I never said that homosexuality was a disorder.
Are you saying that forcing 13 year old children is ok?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join