It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Doesn't Matter Anymore - Ratings Nose Dived While You Weren't Looking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Obviously you are the minority on this one. So I say yeah that Fox, the one everyone watches.
You are a prime example of why every one believes the propaganda that CNN is the top news station out there. So step aside, let us enjoy our celebratory party, and let the numbers talk.

And since when is being in the majority ever a good thing?

Id rather get my news from a comedian on a comedy network than anything fox puts out.

For any real news its straight to the internet, reddit, drudge, here. I don't need a network filtering stories for me, I am a big boy and can think on my own.
edit on 28-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

And is CNN and MSNBC talking about the scandals? The very scandals that Obama says are old news and phony? The only reason those scandals are old news is because Obama stalls and never antes up any evidence that is asked for. And then promises an investigation that is done by the very perpetrators of the injustice.

During the last election, I could see straight through Obama with his nasty election tactics. His opponent wouldn't have even had coverage if it wasn't for FOX. So yes, Fox is preserving the last vestige of our liberties. I don't care what you have felt about the Fox of the past. But if it wasn't for them, we would be one step closer to communism.

Wow. Cnn isn't doing it's job to fulfill its responsibility to journalistic integrity when there is a Democrat in the White House. Imagine that

That must mean Fox News is a reliable alternative news source that is completely unbiased and not part of the MSM at all!

This here is 100% proof of why no one knows that Fox news is the most popular news station. You sit here and try to belittle anyone that feels otherwise. (A person that is backed up by numbers contraire to your convictions by the way.) This way anyone who agrees will not have the gumption to post here. This almost seems purposeful.
edit on 28-7-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

And is CNN and MSNBC talking about the scandals? The very scandals that Obama says are old news and phony? The only reason those scandals are old news is because Obama stalls and never antes up any evidence that is asked for. And then promises an investigation that is done by the very perpetrators of the injustice.

During the last election, I could see straight through Obama with his nasty election tactics. His opponent wouldn't have even had coverage if it wasn't for FOX. So yes, Fox is preserving the last vestige of our liberties. I don't care what you have felt about the Fox of the past. But if it wasn't for them, we would be one step closer to communism.

Wow. Cnn isn't doing it's job to fulfill its responsibility to journalistic integrity when there is a Democrat in the White House. Imagine that

That must mean Fox News is a reliable alternative news source that is completely unbiased and not part of the MSM at all!

This here is 100% proof of why no one knows that Fox news is the most popular news station. You sit here and try to belittle anyone that feels otherwise. This way anyone who agrees will not have the gumption to post here. This almost seems purposeful.

It IS purposeful. I'm attempting to point out your double standards and how the truth only seems to be important to you when it's filtered through the particular lens of partisan politics that you find palpable. Your claim that Fox News is not a mainstream media outlet is laughable, and everyone knows it.
edit on 28-7-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I seriously had to re-read the op's post several times.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Obviously you are the minority on this one. So I say yeah that Fox, the one everyone watches.
You are a prime example of why every one believes the propaganda that CNN is the top news station out there. So step aside, let us enjoy our celebratory party, and let the numbers talk.

Id rather get my news from a comedian on a comedy network than anything fox puts out.

For any real news its straight to the internet, reddit, drudge, here. I don't need a network filtering stories for me, I am a big boy and can think on my own.

You are totally missing my point. I too go to Drudge etc for my news, but I also visit Fox. What I am trying to say is that CNN and MSNBC are not very popular at all compared to what we are led to believe. This is part of the propaganda.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

You are totally missing my point. I too go to Drudge etc for my news, but I also visit Fox. What I am trying to say is that CNN and MSNBC are not very popular at all compared to what we are led to believe. This is part of the propaganda.

And fox is a propaganda machine as well, they cover all their bases, when a Republican takes office the pendulum will swing the other way.

But you keep believing what the glowing government propaganda machine every American has in almost every room in the house tells you.

I prefer a more active method of entertainment and information gathering the net provides, you are missing the point in that everything on the TV is fake or allowed.

Why do you think they hate the NET and are constantly trying to censor and control it?
edit on 28-7-2013 by benrl because: on iphone

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

This here is 100% proof of why no one knows that Fox news is the most popular news station. You sit here and try to belittle anyone that feels otherwise. This way anyone who agrees will not have the gumption to post here. This almost seems purposeful.

It IS purposeful. I'm attempting to point out your double standards and how the truth only seems to be important to you when it's filtered through the particular lens of partisan politics that you find palpable. Your claims that Fox News is not a mainstream media outlet are laughable, and everyone knows it.

I am saying that Fox is the counter balance to CNN and MSNBC who sugar coat everything about Obama and the NSA. News just can't be one sided like Obama is aiming for. Be glad that Fox is doing well, otherwise all we would have is 100% sugar coated propaganda.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

It IS purposeful. I'm attempting to point out your double standards and how the truth only seems to be important to you when it's filtered through the particular lens of partisan politics that you find palpable. Your claims that Fox News is not a mainstream media outlet are laughable, and everyone knows it.

I am saying that Fox is the counter balance to CNN and MSNBC who sugar coat everything about Obama and the NSA. News just can't be one sided like Obama is aiming for. Be glad that Fox is doing well, otherwise all we would have is 100% sugar coated propaganda.

The kind of sugar coated propaganda fox gave people during the Bush administration? Or was that sugar free propaganda?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

To be honest, I have grown up watching Fox my entire life. Long before it was even a news station. It was my preference for a general TV station.before cable was even around. Those of us that had only 4 stations to watch were grateful when one of them actually had something decent to watch and a half decent signal.

And to be further honest, since the internet days, I get 100% of my news online and from a large number of sources. So all I really notice is that a large number of stations are missing some pretty important news. And I never seem to notice any missing from FOX. I have also noticed that if I like fresh news, that I am best off getting it from a conspiracy forum. Although Fox does have its share of firsts.

Once again, they can report anything they like... But if they are missing important things they shouldn't be, then this is why their ratings are suffering. I have no party affiliation and just want the facts. But according to your rationale, if it isn't on CNN, it is a lie. Obama, is that you?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

To be honest, I have grown up watching Fox my entire life. Long before it was even a news station. It was my preference for a general TV station.before cable was even around. Those of us that had only 4 stations to watch were grateful when one of them actually had something decent to watch and a half decent signal.

And to be further honest, since the internet days, I get 100% of my news online and from a large number of sources. So all I really notice is that a large number of stations are missing some pretty important news. And I never seem to notice any missing from FOX. I have also noticed that if I like fresh news, that I am best off getting it from a conspiracy forum. Although Fox does have its share of firsts.

Once again, they can report anything they like... But if they are missing important things they shouldn't be, then this is why their ratings are suffering. I have no party affiliation and just want the facts. But according to your rationale, if it isn't on CNN, it is a lie. Obama, is that you?

Give me a break. I've spent my time through this entire "discussion" trying to highlight your double standards when it comes to your supposed love of your constitutional freedoms, and yet you finish what would have been an otherwise honest post with "Obama, is that you?"

Really?

It's pretty clear to me that you just don't give a damn who does what to your beloved freedoms, as long as they are rich Texans.

Let me be perfectly clear. Politically, I consider myself a libertarian. As for Nationality, I am a Canadian. As for Obama, it's pretty obvious he just took the ball Bush passed to him and went for the touch down. Not my fault you don't want to give the quarterback any credit for the throw.

But hey, if you are content to live in a world where your freedoms are only threatened when there is a democrat in office, and Fox News is an independent and unbiased source of information, who am I to judge?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Politically, I have no party affiliation, so it is not up to you to push rubbish down my throat and tell me what I am thinking. I read the facts and make my own decisions on issues. And this particular president is likely the worst I have ever seen. Bill Clinton was even better than Obama. All he did was Monica Lewinsky, Obama is doing the whole country.

Just to remind folks here, the topic of this thread is that CNN is not the number one news station like you have falsely been lead to believe. Just look at the numbers!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Politically, I have no party affiliation, So it is not up to you to push rubbish down my throat and tell me what I am thinking. I read the facts and make my own decisions on issues. And this particular president is likely the worst I have ever seen. Bill Clinton was even better than Obama. All he did was Monica Lewinsky, Obama is doing the whole country.

Just to remind folks here, the topic of this thread is that CNN is not the number one news station like you have falsely been lead t believe.

You will find no argument from me that Obama is a terrible president. I could have told you something was terribly wrong with the world when he was being worshiped and nominated for the nobel peace prize while simultaneously advocating for drone strikes that killed children, and that's just one of many things that make him a terrible president.

As for pushing rubbish down your throat, nobody in this thread has done that. You are the one who has claimed that Fox News is not a MSM outlet.

I think it would be a waste of my time to demonstrate all the ways which the U.S Government has used Fox News as a propaganda outlet in the past anyways, since you have clearly made up your mind already (and apparently done so as a child, years ago, by your own admission).
edit on 28-7-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (#&*!@ you)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Fox's numbers beats out both CNN's and MSNBC's combined. So what does this prove? That Americans hate being lied to

So the point of the thread is that Cnn is not number one, but yet you ascertain the move to FOX shows that Americans hate being lied to

Fox is just as big a liar as CNN and MSNBC.

Id say that much of america loves being lied to and would rather never face the truth, as shown by the move to FOX, they simply like their lies matching their political ideology is all.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I would be willing to wager that 90% (or more) of people who consider Fox News a reliable source of information still believe the U.S Governments initial cover story of Pat Tillman as filtered through Fox News to the American people.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Just give me the news and let me decide what is false or not. If I find something that interests me, I read multiple articles on the subject. Purposeful omissions are an even greater injustice to the American citizens. You don't even get an opportunity to form your own opinion. It just isn't there!

Little challenge for you. Go to Fox's home page, and pick out what you call a lie. And bring that article back here so I can see the light.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

You too... Go to Fox's Home page and bring me back a lie to show me the light. Cue Jeopardy music...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Just give me the news and let me decide what is false or not. If I find something that interests me, I read multiple articles on the subject. Purposeful omissions are an even greater injustice to the American citizens. You don't even get an opportunity to form your own opinion. It just isn't there!

Little challenge for you. Go to Fox's home page, and pick out what you call a lie. And bring that article back here so I can see the light.

I am not the one saying that Fox is a bastion of truth, how about you enlighten yourself.

PolitiFact

Even better read about Roger Eugene Ailes

Roger Ailes

and a quote from him

If you have two guys on a stage and one guy says, 'I have a solution to the Middle East problem,' and the other guy falls in the orchestra pit, who do you think is going to be on the evening news?

You keep on watching fox news though, by all means.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

You too... Go to Fox's Home page and bring me back a lie to show me the light. Cue Jeopardy music...

Would you like how they pushed the chemical weapons in Iraq lie? The Pat Tillman Lie? Which lie would you like me to highlight, exactly? How about the Syrian crisis? Is that recent enough for you? What about their handy work in reporting "reality" in Libya? Maybe you could narrow it down for me, since my options are so vast.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I am still waiting... I can find lies or errors at any given news site at one time or another. You tell me that FOX is chalk full of lies. So bring me one that is posted on the home page, this very second. Back up your talk or go away..

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I am still waiting... I can find lies or errors at any given news site at one time or another. You tell me that FOX is chalk full of lies. So bring me one that is posted on the home page, this very second. Back up your talk or go away..

For someone who accuses other news networks of being guilty of biased news reporting and propaganda, you sure have a poor understanding of what propaganda is.

What is it you're waiting for, exactly? For me to pick out a random article on foxnews.com and point out a lie for you? Are you simple or have you just not been paying attention to the discussion thus far?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join