It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if ATS made CNN?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Maybe a member slips up, releases some information that he/she shouldnt or starts spreading some anti-american thought, the patriot act is enforced and next thing you know, Abovetopsecret.com is making headline news on CNN, Fox News...etc.

Or maybe we just get public light because of our tight knit community of conspiracist, arm-chair politicians and news reporters.

In any case, what would happen to ATS?

My only prediction is that it might be flooded with Right-wing/Left-Wing idiots and we might see a spread of threads such as 'Republicans/Democrats are evil...and heres proof!'

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If you want to know what it would be like for ATS to make CNN look at the recent election day craze. Then multiply that by a thousand or so. ATS would explode into thousands of flame wars. The Mods over taxed, so there would be a need for more Mods. Basically the new hundereds or even thousands of members would mess up the entire site. Threads would be repeated countless times, threads would start just to bash various sides and members. Let's just hope ATS never makes Fox or CNN. Publicity isn't bad on it's own, it's the way news groups like CNN and Fox in particular report things.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
we would be closed down... you can't let this type of talk go mainstream...you can't let all the info and facts dug up by members get out to the general sheeples...ah, i meant public.

the mods would probably be 'interviewed' and asked about possible 'things' that they 'may' or 'may not' know about or 'actions' that 'may' or 'may not' happen..........hay, isn't that what happened to others, not ATS, before the rep convention?????

we may be big but, we are still considered kooks and wackos....yes, i mean you!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
A big part of the Mods are safe from being "interviewed", because they don't live in the United States...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
ATS would'nt last long if the CNN thing happened to it. The media would definitely "poison" it somehow with their reporting and then this site would no longer be the "haven" as we think of it now.
I hope it never happens.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
we may be big but, we are still considered kooks and wackos....yes, i mean you!!!!!!!

Not only, the public will see us as a general safe haven for kooks and wackos and ATS would lose a lot of credibility.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
That's the problem... The kooks and wacko's (aka the general public) don't even know that they're the kooks and wacko's. They think we are.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
First off, we already have a butt-load of political idiots on this board, what would change?
As far as credibilty, what are we doing that needs that? This is a conspiracy board. We'll just spin that into a conspiracy as well! CNN and FOX News gave us publicity so that we would not be underground anymore!! They did that on purpose, those fascist commies!!!!

And, as far as the mods being interviewed, no problem. We are professionals at playing stupid.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
no matter how much bad press ATS recieves as soon as the general CNN, FOX, MSN watcher arrived on the board they would quickly realize just how dumb they are for actually listening to what the news is telling them. to put it simply, we are leaps and bounds above the competition

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't know. They may not say anything. It's possible that CNN, MSNBC, and Fox couldn't stand the competition!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I hate to say this, but money does rule, so I would think this would become a paysite in order to keep up with the technology of handling that many visitors. More Mods, More bandwith yada yada yada. Sorry if it offended anyone but I do feel it would actually become a reality.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
I hate to say this, but money does rule, so I would think this would become a paysite in order to keep up with the technology of handling that many visitors. More Mods, More bandwith yada yada yada. Sorry if it offended anyone but I do feel it would actually become a reality.

You do kinda have a point,
but i know strongly that the leaders of this board are against "pay-as-you-post" site.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I seem to remember a while back, when they were cutting to commercial, and you can see all those monitors, that a member reported that one of them had ATSNN up!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hope it doesn't happen.
It would only slow things down even more.

Don't get me wrong I like ATS as I use it to compare the stories posted to other stories that pop up other places. Problem is that even though I'm on broadband the site is always slow.

As a matter of fact even Alexa.com list the site as: Very Slow (92% of sites are faster), Avg Load Time: 5.0 Seconds

Maybe a paysite would better things but what could they charge? $5 a month? I'm sure with the traffic ATS pushes that their Google ads bring double that in total from subscriptions per month.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm on DSL and I have no problem with ATS being slow.

I know some of the news reporters have visited on here.

I've heard exact comments made on the board and repeated on the news later in the evening. (Hi Keith!!)

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I too have seen some similarities in Olbermans stories.

I don't think he is a luker though.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Right now we're having rather blockbuster numbers and occassional slowness, but usually I don't see a problem, either with the T line (not sure what exact type we have here) or with the cable modem at home.

There is normally a low bandwidth mode too, that loads faster.

[edit on 11-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
People watching CNN have already made up their mind, if they are liberal, they might come to check out ATS, then would possibly get mad at all the conservative junk going around and left. If they were conservative, they wouldn't come to the ATS in the first place.

Surf

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
what would happen if ATS made CNN ...

ummmm the member who might be responsible for it could earn a bunch of ATS points...

wasn't there / isn't there a contest about getting ATS mentioned on national news etc..... that would award ATS points ?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
cnn and fox probably already know about this site, they just look as us speak and r afraid already. wheres theres an advantage, theres always a disadvantage.

[edit on 11/11/2004 by Channy]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join