It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

------FORUM GUIDELINES------

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

whyamIhere
This forum is not showing up on the board. (Except for this thread).

Looks like we have already been shown the door.

And this is the lead topic on the site home.

Not sure what you mean.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by whyamIhere

All the NSA threads are being moved to the new forum, slowly but surely.

There are 4 or 5 NSA threads in the forum list already.

Here

~Tenth

Thanks for responding. But that is not my point.

My point is this forum is not showing up Newest Flagged or Active New Topics.

Therefore, the NSA can only be discussed by a few forum members.

I might be wrong....But, that is the same as the Alternate Substances Forum.

If you can't be on the Active Topics Page. Nobody will ever read it.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

But the "why" of it probably goes too far afield. Why there is a war on drugs in the first place is as irrelevant as the question of why people use them, and just as broad. It could easily have been "why is there a war on terror?", since many of the same tactics and equipment are employed, with fewer pitfalls. Drugs are a touchy subject, and promote emotional responses from both sides of the fence, and the next thing you know there's a brawl going on.

We don't need to dig into why there is drug use any more than we need to dig into why there is terrorism - it's pretty simple, really... because someone wants to. Likewise, the reasons for the war on drugs - OR the war on terror - are probably pretty much the same reasons. Money and control. It has nothing to do with "good or bad" or "right or wrong". We don't have to dig into the issue of why such things are viewed as "bad" by some, and not by others, in order to condemn the tactics used against them. Tactics which get innocents and "noncombatants" drawn into the crossfire in both cases.

On that account, we can probably mostly agree that the tactics are "bad", regardless of the stated taret. The stated targets are really irrelevant when overkill comes into play.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

whyamIhere
My point is this forum is not showing up Newest Flagged or Active New Topics.

This is the lead topic on both pages...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

???

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The "new and improved" SkepticOverlord is impressing me I must admit. I especially appreciate your willingness to allow the drug war issues--I followed that debate in that "other' thread closely--and I'm hoping that it even means we can discuss drugs such as scopolamine as it might relate under the MK-ULTRA umbrella for "targeted" use.

Now...that was such a kick-butt opening post, maybe we can expect your talented pen to tackle some of these issues in-depth in future threads? I hope so. Or should I say I hope SO. It would tend to dispel longstanding--and in this PRISM day and age--not so far-fetched suspicions. I'm sure you understand. Such writings might even circulate far & wide and help alleviate the connotations that "conspiracy theorist" has been made to mean.

P.S. - I can't get those fish tacos outta my head and "The Amazing Spectacular Ordinary Bottle" took me back to the wonders of the world through the eyes of my youth.

edit on 25-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

SO....I mean right here.

Where is it below? Your thread should be on top of both lists.

edit on 25-7-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

This is how I plan to address the War on Drugs.

It's a failure.

It costs too much. It has not reduced the amount of contraband entering the country. It has not reduced the number of addicts and health related problems concerning narcotics. It has not reduced, but maybe increased, the violence associated with illegal trafficking. it has caused our police force to become paranoid and radical out of fear of retribution from the perpetrators.

Prohibition has been proven to be a disastrous failure every time it has been attempted...for anything. It only increases the profit margins of those who choose to ignore the laws and continue on with their business.

link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Why there is a war on drugs in the first place is as irrelevant as the question of why people use them,

Actually I would consider both extremely good questions.

I mean why are we spending billion on suppressing something while substances such as alcohol are freely available and shown to be just a dangerous as some hard drugs? Seems counter intuitive. Like plugging a paper cut when there is a hole in the femoral artery.

And why people use? Well its a good question as why is certain areas prone to drug use? The why could highlight a multitude of social problems as well as highlight the issue of undiagnosed mental health issues.

And you could argue why spend billions on the war on drug when those billion could be spent on mental health prevention and treatment decreasing drug use.

(I take its discussion on these issues would not be a T&C violation?)
edit on 25-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

link   

I didn't think they still had Posse's . Actually I thought that they were only in the western movies. You know when the sheriff would get a Posse together to chase down the bad guy's. I didn't realized that Posse's were actually a real thing. Huh ! how about that, you learn something new everyday eh?

So who is this Comitatus guy? Is he some Mexican drug lord or something? His name sounds Mexican anyway. Does this have something to do with that Zimmerman trial or that fast and furious thing ?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

whyamIhere
Where is it below? Your thread should be on top of both lists

That's also where I'm seeing it.

(confused)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Its still there, not gone for me anyhow.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

whyamIhere
Where is it below? Your thread should be on top of both lists

That's also where I'm seeing it.

(confused)

It's there now...

Sorry for the confusion.

After a refresh it was there....Apologies to all.
edit on 25-7-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Funny, first thing that popped into my head, from The big Bang Theory though. This new forum on the other hand should be interesting, and some good reading.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Very cool Skeptic!!!

I dont post much anymore, but im always reading!!

Maybe this forum will bring me back out of my shell...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Wow! A whole forum for this topic! That was smart!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by Daedalus

It's pretty simple. Avoid the drug discussions and don't advocate or promote drug use and you'll be fine...

It's not rocket science.

-SAP-

Unless they are playing right in to government hands with the 'end the war on drugs' CT.

People under the influence so to speak are just as easy to control.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Glorification of or Advocating for recreational use....

TABOO/VERBOTEN

That's how I understand it.

VERBOTEN perfect word to describe the Nazi state we currently live under.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Exactly,it is the same with internet data they have it ALL.Which is essentially what the internet is for isn't it?
I just thought everyone got that.
They can't read it all ...yet.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Read:

The American of today, in fact, probably enjoys less personal liberty than any other man of Christendom, and even his political liberty is fast succumbing to the new dogma that certain theories of government are virtuous and lawful, and others abhorrent and felonious. Laws limiting the radius of his free activity multiply year by year: It is now practically impossible for him to exhibit anything describable as genuine individuality, either in action or in thought, without running afoul of some harsh and unintelligible penalty. It would surprise no impartial observer if the motto “In God we trust” were one day expunged from the coins of the republic by the Junkers at Washington, and the far more appropriate word, “verboten,” substituted. Nor would it astound any save the most romantic if, at the same time, the goddess of liberty were taken off the silver dollars to make room for a bas-relief of a policeman in a spiked helmet. Moreover, this gradual (and, of late, rapidly progressive) decay of freedom goes almost without challenge; the American has grown so accustomed to the denial of his constitutional rights and to the minute regulation of his conduct by swarms of spies, letter-openers, informers and agents provocateurs that he no longer makes any serious protest.

en.wikiquote.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Okay,

So, this new forum seems to lump a bunch of stuff under the heading: "Stuff That Violates Posse Comitatus".

Does that mean that this is the appropriate place now to discuss war-technologies that are being implemented against civilian populations?

Thanks in advance.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join