It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While You Were Distracted By Obama.. A Bombshell In The IRS Scandal Hit.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by miniatus

Oh we are heading there... And this is when Obama is going to slip up and the real Obama will come out. I can see it happening already. He is losing his fine tuned control with his manipulations of the public. Anger and fear will drive him to destroy himself. We are winning whether we realize it or not.

Well we have already seen his real side. Even if you say Bush started the NSA spying, Bush started it, Obama grew it and made it awaaaay worse. So you have the growing surveillance continued by Obama(and growing) and trying to disarm the American people of their AR-15. That should be clear indications of what the real Obama looks like. He is worse than bush ever was, he is a Tyrant. And If another bombshell was to hit the media will cover it up again, the IRS scandal was big enough to get him impeached. CNN and MSNBC would come to his rescue again.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
We need our elected officials to look out for what is best for the US citizens and not just some darn political party. Enough of this democrats vs. republicans. Once we pass this hurdle. then we can get down to business. I can already seeing the rats jumping the sinking ship. Bravo! Now keep on jumping!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Redden

Yeah, but did you read my post further up? CNN and MSNBC are out and Fox is in! This proves that not every American is willing to believe the crap that is being shoveled to us.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I though the big news was that somebody removed the information that progressive groups were also targeted from the IRS investigation. Kind of ruins the entire idea of the scandal. Wonder who had it removed?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
I though the big news was that somebody removed the information that progressive groups were also targeted from the IRS investigation. Kind of ruins the entire idea of the scandal. Wonder who had it removed?

I heard that as well...

So if that is true....Why aren't progressive groups outraged?

Because if this same criminal activity actually happened to them.

It would be on every Network.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I did see that, but think about it, more people believe the MSNBC side of the Zimmerman verdict than Fox's side. More people than ever think that Obama is a great president. People still think Fast and Furious is just a movie. Fox cant take Obama down alone. The ratings are nice dont get me wrong, CNN and MSNBC still stirs the pot and people believe them. I just don get it.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I heard that as well. But from what I read it wasn't nearly as many groups.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

I heard that as well...

because the whole 501c4 tax groups are all targeted groups, they are trying to get tax breaks for political speech...if you don't want to be a targeted group, sign up as a 527... it's that simple, maybe the reason that you are not hearing from the left that much, is because they understand that, and don't become outraged on an hourly basis.
edit on 21-7-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Well speaking of the devil. Obviously tax evasion is still a crime no matter your party affiliation UNLESS you are a friend of Obama's. William Watkins, the implicated party, bailed out Obama's good friend, Jeremiah Wright. Pro Bono mind you! So now folks get to see just how close Obama and Watkins truly were. A nice small circle of trust, Obama, Watkins, and Wright...

News reports from the time indicate the now-chief counsel of the IRS, William Wilkins, helped a church connected to President Barack Obama’s friend Rev. Jeremiah Wright get out of an IRS probe in 2008 while working as a private attorney.

Chief IRS Counsel Got Jeremiah Wright's Church out of IRS Probe Before Joining Agency

And now for this tidbit...

June 27, 2013

J. Russell George, Treasury’s inspector general for tax administration, told Rep. Sandy Levin (D-Mich.) in a letter dated Wednesday that the IRS did not use inappropriate criteria to scrutinize groups with “progressives” in their name seeking tax-exempt status.

Treasury IG: Liberal groups weren't targeted by IRS like Tea Party

And this... Obviously the Obama admin can dislike a few liberals also... Hate knows no boundaries....

Refuting Democratic suggestions that progressive groups were also swept up in the IRS probe of the tax status of Tea Party organizations, the Treasury Department’s inspector general has revealed that just six progressive groups were targeted compared to 292 conservative groups.

BREAKING… Audit CONFIRMS IRS Targeted 292 Conservative Groups – Just 6 Liberal Groups

edit on 21-7-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

I heard that as well...

because the whole 501c4 tax groups are all targeted groups, they are trying to get tax breaks for political speech...if you don't want to be a targeted group, sign up as a 527... it's that simple, maybe the reason that you are not hearing from the left that much, is because they understand that, and don't become outraged on an hourly basis.

If you don't like the current laws elect officials that will change them.

But to say "you" don't think the law is just...Does not excuse criminal behavior on either side.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Wow, short attention spans... Folks we need to keep this alive to draw attention to this. We need to pick up where the MSM left off!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Just to provide some historical context.

Don't forget the 2nd Article of impeachment against Nixon was abuse of IRS.

Not calling for impeachment yet. But we really need some truthful answers.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Just to provide some historical context.

Don't forget the 2nd Article of impeachment against Nixon was abuse of IRS.

Not calling for impeachment yet. But we really need some truthful answers.

Well I dont think we are going to get truthful answers from the IRS chief counsel. When have we ever gotten the truth from this administration?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

You would have to be naive to believe anything else.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Of Course, Keep the media busy with nonsense smoke and mirrors

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
We could of put a stuffed animal in the oval office and we would be better off than we are now.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

This was obviously divide and conquer.

Impeach Obama....No, that is not necessary.

Taking over the US Senate would accomplish the same thing.

Leave him in there as a reminder to the Nation.

Obama is guilty of not ending the issues and allowing it to expand. But people have short term memory and forget that the IRS has been corrupt for years and things like the NSA scandal were set in motion thanks to the patriot act under bush.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well I heard rumors of this, but it looks to be fact now. Wilkins and 12 other people met with Obama 2 days before he drafted his targeting outline. So my theory is that at least one of those people will be honest under oath and we may be able to find out the subject of that meeting. Fingers crossed folks!

The Obama appointee implicated in congressional testimony in the IRS targeting scandal met with President Obama in the White House two days before offering his colleagues a new set of advice on how to scrutinize tea party and conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status.

Wilkins’ meeting with Obama on April 23 was attended by 13 people.

Embattled IRS chief counsel met with Obama 2 days before writing new targeting criteria

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by elouina

To me this seems just like another Watergate. Spy on the Political opposition!

P

And it should end the same way as Watergate.

Impeachment.
edit on 2013/7/20 by Metallicus because: Sp

Except that Watergate didn't end in impeachment.

Still, this is impeachment-worthy imo.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jabronie

Originally posted by Metallicus

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by elouina

To me this seems just like another Watergate. Spy on the Political opposition!

P

And it should end the same way as Watergate.

Impeachment.
edit on 2013/7/20 by Metallicus because: Sp

Except that Watergate didn't end in impeachment.

Still, this is impeachment-worthy imo.

Agreed! If this 13 person meeting pans out, this will be a new low for any president ever in office. You know there have been many surveys on this subject, and the a huge majority do think Obama was involved. So what troubles me, is if they feel this way, why do they support him?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join