It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Special 'Zimmerman Hotline' for Tips to Prosecute Him

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by xEphon
Personally, I think both Zimmerman and Trayvon were wrong.
But this, what the DOJ is doing, is political vigilantism and equally wrong.
A jury found Zimmerman not guilty.
So, how about the DOJ just let him live out his existence in the shadow of his actions. I'm sure that's punishment enough for his part.

Zimmerman was doing his job as part of neighborhood watch in a gated community. Martin had a troubled past and was looking for more problems when he was profiling homes in the rain. Zimmerman followed him, martin got nervous and attacked him I guess so that zimmerman would have no chance to testify against him in a police report.

Its like robbing a convenience store and killing the clerks, shooting the cameras, to prevent justice.

I am no fan of any neighborhood watch, because I believe everyone should be minding their own business, but since neighborhood watch exists and is common within gated communities, we have to accept the evidence presented and the verdict. Its really that simple!

Part of a neighborhood watches duty is to not carry loaded weapons or approach a suspect.
Martins past had no bearing on Zimmermans choice to ignore 2 fundamental rules of neighborhood watch.
Martin was profiling homes in the rain? To even call that speculation would be silly.

That being said, you're correct in that Martin attacked Zimmerman, and, after initially being hung, the jury finally did decide to find Zimmerman not guilty. I think most people, even those who may not totally agree with the verdict, can at least respect it. But, to call this case simple is a gross understatement.
edit on 18-7-2013 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I hate when they call this killing racially motivated, is very simple (Black, Hispanic, Redneck, Asian, Indian) if you dress like a thug and act a little shady, people will profile as a possible criminal no matter the color or race. When he said Fkng Aoles and Punks, he was talking about criminals in general getting away not black guys only. Zimmerman had several black friends that vouch for him plus countless friends that talked good about him on the trial, unlike Trayvon that only his family spoke for him. 17 or 40 years old makes no difference, he was tall and didn't had a sign saying Im only 17. Zimmerman did NOTHING illegal, police told him to keep an eye on him and following someone is NOT illegal, the 911 dispatcher said "we don't need you to follow him" he said that protect Zimmerman not because he was doing something illegal GET IT???........... Every person with a complete working brain knows Trayvon was a punk acted like one and got killed because of it......... If Im getting beat up and Im screaming for help and people are just looking and telling me "Im calling the police" but they still don't help me, I see no other option to shoot my treat. I bet Zimmerman shot once just to neutralize the treat hoping he would not die. 17 or not Zimmerman got beat up real hard.

Ask yourself if you want to kill someone because you are tired of robberies in the area would you take your gun out and follow the suspect a minute after talking to the police and knowing they are on the way???? Use your head people.

Ask Sabrina Fulton were is the gun Trayvon had in his cellphone pictures taken on his room???? (bed sheets are the same ones from his room pictures) Where did he get that gun from? Marijuana plants, and pictures of him smoking............I guess Skittles and Ice Tea makes you Ghandi now.

edit on 18-7-2013 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2013 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is getting more ridiculous than it already was. Last March, TM's parents and the DOJ said they would just be happy if charges were filed and GZ went to trial. Now they keep moving the goal posts because they didn't get the verdict they wanted and do not respect our jury system. Let's see, GZ took an African_American girl to his prom, he had black friends at the time of the shooting (and were too afraid to go public afterwards), and never uttered a racial slur on the 911 NEN calls, but TM referred to GZ as a "cracker", according to Rachel Jeantel, the state's "star" witness. So who exhibited racial bias at the time of the encounter? Is this America? Really?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yeah, this Zimmerman thing is getting pretty old and the media is milking it for all they can. They were going from juror to juror yesterday and talking about each one individually and giving details about them and what they've said. Have they really got NOTHING else to talk about?

They kept on using the key word "divided", as in the trial that has "divided" the nation. It's really annoying to see this type of mind control happening on a daily basis. They are the ones that covered the damn case and keep covering it so THEY are the ones who divided and keep on dividing us! What a bunch of freakin' tools. All they're doing is adding fuel to the fire, and they LOVE it.
edit on 18-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I am getting tired of putting up with this crap...

The Attorney General is a crook, and whatever it takes to deflect the attention from the public from the crimes of He and his Boss committed , so be it..

If these civil rights leaders really were leaders of our Civil rights they would be demanding the impeachment of Obama, a investigation in the IRS, the DOJ! the NSA! and the State department!

These departments of Government are the ones committing the real crimes that infringe on our civil rights!

Not this idiot Zimmerman!!

Wake up people!! WAKE THE HELL UP!!!
edit on 18-7-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Bowing to racist pressure from so-called civil rights groups to nail this guy no matter what.

It's not racist. Zimmerman would have been found guilty in any other State except maybe Texas.

Originally posted by undo
masons and rosicrucians made this country what it is and then,
they went on holiday and didn't come back.

No, they're still here. They've just been infiltrated by the Mob in the larger metropolitan areas. So now they are being run by organized crime.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Just wait now for all the lawsuits Zimmerman is going to make, he will get millions. Sabrina Fulton didnt wait to sue the HOA, I think all the money she got on the rallys was not enough.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Idk, i for one am really sick and tired of hearing about this case too but im actually happy the DOJ did this and ill tell you why. Zimmerman might not have been a full fledged racist like whatever he took a black girl to the prom and tutored black kids good for him. But he followed a black kid and confronted him WITH A GUN on him for no reason just cuz the kid looked suspicious. If Treyvon was a white kid i truly dont think zimmerman would have pursued him the way he did, so at the end of the day it might not have been racism but it was definitely racial profiling and thats just as bad if it results in a death. So yah i think Zimmerman should have atleast done some time for manslaughter , Zimmerman, Casey Anthony, and OJ lol, prime examples about how the justice system failed to serve justice. This is just another garbage job by the prosecution and DA reaching for a higher charge than they can get with the evidence they had. You cant charge someone with Murder 2 if you dont have enough evidence to back it, because then when you get to the manslaughter charge the jury sais, well if they couldn't prove him guilty on murder 2 we cant prove him guilty for manslaughter.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hephalump

When the "central government" gets involved in local state laws and judicial system using their power to try to influence out comes on verdicts, you question what in the heck is going on, is not that this is an unique case, is hundreds of cases that goes unnoticed everyday in this nation and nobody cares.

But why this case, why the President have to get involved, why the DOJ, the case was done under state laws and proper procedures, in a dictatorship the central government can change, influence and dictate how and what kind of laws will be apply, I feel that since the present administration has take over, it seems that they are doing everything they can to over step on the laws and powers of the local states and Republics in the nation to impose the whims and desires of President Obama.

Something real funny and dangerous is going on and we will be feeling the agenda soon enough.

edit on 18-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

When the "central government" gets involved in local state laws and judicial system using their power to try to influence out comes on verdicts, you question what in the heck is going on, is not that this is an unique case, is hundreds or cases that goes unnoticed everyday in this nation and nobody cares.

But why this case, why the President have to get involved, why the DOJ, the case was done under state laws and proper procedures, in a dictatorship the central government can change, influence and dictate how and what kind of laws will be apply, I feel that since the present administration has take over, it seems that they are doing everything they can to over step on the laws and powers of the local states and Republics in the nation to impose the whims and desires of President Obama.

Something real funny and dangerous is going on and we will be feeling the agenda soon enough.

to be honest i don't mind when the federal government steps in to further investigate a case if there is an overwhelming cry of injustice by the public, and there are plenty of people from all races that are upset about the verdict. even jurors from the case are upset and feel they wish they could have charged him with something. i wish the federal government would have stepped in and further investigated the caylee anthony case.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon

Part of a neighborhood watches duty is to not carry loaded weapons or approach a suspect.

I don't know about that because it seems that would defeat the purpose of being armed for defense purposes. Zimmerman was carrying legally in the state of florida.

As for approaching the suspect didn't martin ambush him rather than zimmerman approaching him?

Martins past had no bearing on Zimmermans choice to ignore 2 fundamental rules of neighborhood watch.
Martin was profiling homes in the rain? To even call that speculation would be silly.

I think it does have bearance in the case. And what was martin doing in the rain then? Why did zimmerman think martin was suspicious enough to warrant following?

That being said, you're correct in that Martin attacked Zimmerman, and, after initially being hung, the jury finally did decide to find Zimmerman not guilty. I think most people, even those who may not totally agree with the verdict, can at least respect it. But, to call this case simple is a gross understatement.
edit on 18-7-2013 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

Well at least you got this part correct in that martin attacked zimmerman so why the contradictory statements in the beginning? And I never stated the case was simple. I was always leaning between manslaugher and innocent on the grounds of self-defense. Finally I realised he was innocent based on the evidence available.

There was a small posibility of manslaugher but the prosecution went for 2nd degree murder, which more or less invalidates everything. Thanks for your opinion!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

the purpose of a neighborhood watch person not carrying a gun and following people is so things like this don't happen. civilians are not police, they should not be taking the law into their own hands and they are not trained in apprehending criminals. the last thing we need is a bunch of gung ho george zimmerman wannabes out there playing cop and profiling people left and right. you want to be a good citizen and join neighborhood watch then abide by their rules.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is the worst of the worst of this administration. What these people are trying for is people who will lie and purger them selves to get what they want, someone to come forward and say "I heard or saw this but was afraid to come forward".

What these people are doing is the epitome of race baiting hatred.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
well it seems the DOJ is gonna try to charge zimmerman in federal court after all despite it not being likely to convict on a federal hate crime.

youngcons.com...

DOJ has seized George Zimmerman’s gun, without charge violating his 2nd Amendment rights
trying to find more links to confirm but i think if true this means they are gonna try and most likely fail to convict him in federal court,wonder if he can then sue the fed for malicious prosecution

www.thegatewaypundit.com... another link

www.theblaze.com... better link on the matter

dailycaller.com... one final link with a video that talks about how unlikely the fed case is to succeed

To successfully prosecute Zimmerman, the Department of Justice would have to show that Zimmerman "caused the death of Trayvon Martin solely motivated by/because of his race or color," Weinstein told CNN in an e-mail, adding: "This element was absent from the state trial and quite frankly doesn't exist." CNN Legal analyst Paul Callan agreed Monday that federal prosecutors are "in sort of a tough spot." The hate crimes statue is generally applied to cases involving police officers or other government agents, Callan said, adding that using it in a case involving a lone private citizen is "very, very rare and I think in this case, it's going to be very hard to prove." Read more: www.kcci.com...
this kind of sums up exactly how hard the case will be to prove and is only a small quote from this article

hopefully this madness ends in another acquittal as unless your a cop its pretty hard to get a civil rights violation unless you belong to the KKK or are all swastika covered .in the Rodney king case two of the four officers were convicted of violating civil rights under the color of authority,as Zimmerman is and was not a police officer these charges will not apply to him .

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If the government thinks it can get a solid case together and charge zimmerman with anything, I say let them do so. It will be interesting to say the least. Its preposterous though that with so many other much more important topics to focus on, we are going to continue down the road towards racial baiting in the name of perceived justice in one of thousands of such unfortunate events, with some leading to justice and with some not.

Then we can dig up the OJ simpson case and send OJ to prison where he belongs. OJ should be recharged with 2nd degree murder.
edit on 18/7/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It seems to me that Eric Holder is committing a “hate crime” here in trying to put someone under “double jeopardy”, despite a juries decision, based solely on their race.

Is there a hotline I can submit that tip too?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by adamkgonz
But he followed a black kid and confronted him WITH A GUN on him for no reason just cuz the kid looked suspicious.

First, he didn't confront anyone with a gun...
That is “brandishing” and would be a felony all by itself.
You are issued a “CONCEALED carry” permit, it means the weapon MUST be CONCEALED in public unless you have lawful justification to show that weapon. The weapon in this case was never shown until it was used.

You are lawfully allowed to follow someone and report them to the police if you believe they are, or are acting, suspicious. There is nothing wrong or illegal about this, and the government actually encourages citizens to do so.

The fact that Martin was black only ever came up when zimmerman was ASKED by the 911 operator, to which he responded “I think he's black” (in other words, he didn't even know the person was black for sure, but he had already ascertained that he was acting suspicious enough to instigate a 911 call without even knowing his race)... What this means is the whole situation had NOTHING to do with race whatsoever.

Originally posted by adamkgonz
This is just another garbage job by the prosecution and DA reaching for a higher charge than they can get with the evidence they had. You cant charge someone with Murder 2 if you dont have enough evidence to back it, because then when you get to the manslaughter charge the jury sais, well if they couldn't prove him guilty on murder 2 we cant prove him guilty for manslaughter.

Actually the police at the scene didn't arrest him with a crime (the police on scene usually are the best judges of guilt, and will arrest if they think there is a crime of any type), the Police Chief refused to arrest him to the point of resigning from the force, the state prosecutor had to be replaced with a special prosecutor because they also refused to take the case...

When that many different and independent law enforcement agents, at multiple levels of state and local government, all refuse to prosecute or arrest, then the case should have never been brought to begin with. This was such a classic self defense case, that you can ask any legal person, and they'll all give you the same answer... Not guilty.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

they seem to get around this by citing separate sovereignty between the states and the federal government or at least that is how they did it with the Rodney king trial and oj.but once he beats this false accusation he will be covered fully by double jeopardy as then he wont be able to be charged in federal or state court again,toss in florida giving immunity from civil trials and hes golden the link in my other post goes over this sort of but its still kind of confusing

www.kcci.com...

CNN Legal analyst Paul Callan agreed Monday that federal prosecutors are "in sort of a tough spot." The hate crimes statue is generally applied to cases involving police officers or other government agents, Callan said, adding that using it in a case involving a lone private citizen is "very, very rare and I think in this case, it's going to be very hard to prove." A federal hate crimes violation in a killing carries a maximum penalty of life in prison. Even if the federal charges were identical to the state charges, it would not be double jeopardy for Zimmerman because the federal government is a separate and sovereign entity. Read more: www.kcci.com...

edit on 18-7-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Yeah, look at what the judge said about the Rodney King trial:

The judge acknowledged that having two such trials did not legally constitute double jeopardy, but nonetheless it "raised the specter of unfairness."

In otherwords he's saying, “Look, I can't say that this is double jepordy.... But it is...”

As far as OJ is concenred, wasn't his second trial a Civil case brought by the family?
If so, then its not double jepardy anyway, even in this case the Martins can legally sue Zimmerman in civil court. Its entirely different issue to bring a civil lawsuit than a criminal one.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

When the "central government" gets involved in local state laws and judicial system using their power to try to influence out comes on verdicts, you question what in the heck is going on, is not that this is an unique case, is hundreds of cases that goes unnoticed everyday in this nation and nobody cares.

edit on 18-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

Here is the thing had the verdict come back the way they wanted it?

They would push for renewed gun control, since it didn't government is creating a 'crisis' to offer a 'solution' where none exists.

That is what the ZT is all about just another mechanism to manipulate the people to push the government agenda.

The Federal level can't be seen as 'irrelevant' so they will make themselves 'relevant'.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join