It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin B17--The Holy Grail for Cancer Patients

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I've read that cancer might actually be due to a vitamin deficiency, specifically B17. Your doctor can't prescribe it without risking losing his license, and it's banned...but you can still obtain it legally.

Just run a Google search on it.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The FDA banned vitamin B17 years ago
Actually in the 1980's when World Without Cancer was published

Although it is banned, it is not illegal

You Ask: What's the Difference

What it means is that ~ If any hospital uses laetrile the law says that they jeopardize any grants from the government as well as any monies from Medicaid and other hospital insurance originating from the government. Since nearly all of hospital revenues come from patient insurance, not one hospital in the U.S. will take the chance and use any banned substance including, Amygdalin (also called vitamin B17 and Laetrile.)

Any Doctor that wants to use the substance from apricot pits, must have their patient fill out a form and then the doctor must submit the form to the FDA... Again, doctors don't want to get involved in this and would rather keep their names off of the FDA lists. Additionally, the doctor's malpractice insurance will not be valid if they prescribe laetrile (B17, amygdalin) to a patient. The Americcan Medical Association (AMA) treats any Doctor that prescribes laetrile to be a renegade (traitorous) and that he has violated the AMA's membership policies and will be subject to membership termination. Therefore any Doctor that prescribes laetrile may destroy his carreer as a Doctor.

Any individual that sells laetrile must not claim that it does anything in his place of business. Many health food stores in the past were raided and had to give up their supplies of B17 because the B17 was near books that claimed that the B17 was the answer to cancer...In other words the books were near the B17 in the stores and was therefore considered "labeling" which is a term used by the FDA. Labeling according to the FDA is against the law and can be prosecuted.

More: www.1cure4cancer.com...

So why not give links to your topic of choice. I think it is interesting.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
A bit more information for you:

There is no such thing as "Vitamin B-17." This is a name that was made up for a substance that is NOT a vitamin. It is, in fact, an arsenic compound.

You can search for it and find the experiments where it was tried and found to be dangerous/fatal... look for it under its REAL name, though -- the one that the "vitamin B-17" manufacturers aren't going to tell you:

Laetrille.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
A bit more information for you:

There is no such thing as "Vitamin B-17." This is a name that was made up for a substance that is NOT a vitamin. It is, in fact, an arsenic compound.

You can search for it and find the experiments where it was tried and found to be dangerous/fatal... look for it under its REAL name, though -- the one that the "vitamin B-17" manufacturers aren't going to tell you:

Laetrille.

Well, that would cure cancer, wouldn't it?

Seriously, though, where did you get that information from? Can you give me a source? I like to hear different aspects and try to piece together.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
itamin B 17 - laetrile - is required for

It is touted as an ingredient which can prevent the growth of cancers, but has been outlawed for sale in many countries. Laetrile may however help with reducing blood pressure and the pain associated with arthritis.

Until further research is done, only use sprouted seeds as your source of laetrile.
Dosage

The dosage underneath is the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA), but be aware that this dosage is the minimum that you require per day, to ward off serious deficiency of this particular nutrient.

In the therapeutic use of this nutrient, the dosage is usually increased considerably, but the toxicity level must be kept in mind.

Laetrile contains cyanide, which can lead to toxic symptoms, which include headaches, nausea, low blood pressure etc.
Toxicity and symptoms of high intake

Until further research is done, only use sprouted seeds as your source of laetrile.
Food sources of vitamin B17

Laetrile is present in apricot kernels and to a lesser degree in other stone fruit kernels. It is also found in sprouting seeds.

www.anyvitamins.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The Rise and Fall of Laetrile
Benjamin Wilson, M.D.

Laetrile is the trade name for laevo-mandelonitrile-beta-glucuronoside, a substance allegedly synthesized by Ernst T. Krebs, Jr., and registered with the U.S. Patent Office for the treatment of "disorders of intestinal fermentation." This compound is chemically related to amygdalin, a substance found naturally in the pits of apricots and various other fruits. Most proponents of Laetrile for the treatment of cancer use the terms "Laetrile" and amygdalin interchangeably.

Amygdalin was originally isolated in 1830 by two French chemists. In the presence of certain enzymes, amygdalin breaks down into glucose, benzaldehyde, and hydrogen cyanide (which is poisonous). It was tried as an anticancer agent in Germany in 1892, but was discarded as ineffective and too toxic for that purpose. During the early 1950s, Ernst T. Krebs, Sr., M.D., and his son Ernst, Jr., began using a "purified" form of amygdalin to treat cancer patients. Since that time scientists have tested substances called "Laetrile" in more than 20 animal tumor models as well as in humans and found no benefit either alone or together with other substances. Along the way its proponents have varied their claims about Laetrile's origin, chemical structure, mechanism of action, and therapeutic effects [1,2]. Its place in history is assured, however, as a focus of political activities intended to abolish the laws protecting Americans from quackery.

www.quackwatch.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The quackwatch link is a good source and has the complete history. It's not unheard of for a poison to be beneficial, though. Many drugs we use today are poisonous in high doses including many vitamins.

Given the history of laetrile, however, it looks more like this one is a stinker. Perhaps if one ate more apricots and not chicken mcnuggets before the cancer developed then this apricot pit therapy might be more effective.

Many substances are just lumped into the B vitamin group though: thiamine, riboflavin, niacin - just because it's called a vitamin doesn't mean it is one.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Here's another link:

Laetrile

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Another one of those alternative cancer treatments is Graviola.
It comes from the tropical Paw Paw tree leaves. www.cancertutor.com...
Here where I live, in rural Pennsylvania, some people pick the wild mushrooms called "Ramshead" that grows on oak tree roots.
The Jananese call it Mitake ( or Hen of the Woods) and it is used for a cancer cure also.
I think the chemical in it is griffon, suppose to be an immune booster, causing natural interferon to rise. When I gather Ramshead I just fry it in butter and eat it. Even if it does nothing , it tastes great and has the texture of a good steak.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Interesting about seeds and cancer. I remember a teaching in my church years ago where we discussed Adam & Eve and life i nthe garden. It should be interesting to note that Adam & Eve started out as VEGETARIANS. They ate the fruit if the trees and the "seeds". It should also be noted that humans lived extraordinarily long back then; up to 900+ years. It has been stated for many years that seeds contain natural cancer inhibiting agents in them. I believe that this coupled with the an crystalline ice layer above the Earth to help shield up from cosmic radiation helped also with our long lives.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't have a clue how to spell this but there is a powerful anti-oxidant called ponagenol that I have heard of that was supposed to be a very effective treatment for cancers but I can't spell the darn word close enough to get google to find it. Any of you guys heard of it, or better yet, anybody know how to spell it?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
The Rise and Fall of Laetrile
Benjamin Wilson, M.D.

Laetrile is the trade name for laevo-mandelonitrile-beta-glucuronoside, a substance allegedly synthesized by Ernst T. Krebs, Jr., and registered with the U.S. Patent Office for the treatment of "disorders of intestinal fermentation." This compound is chemically related to amygdalin, a substance found naturally in the pits of apricots and various other fruits. Most proponents of Laetrile for the treatment of cancer use the terms "Laetrile" and amygdalin interchangeably.

......... Its place in history is assured, however, as a focus of political activities intended to abolish the laws protecting Americans from quackery.

www.quackwatch.org...

LOL Quackwatch

Try Quackpotwatch

"THE LAST DAYS OF THE QUACKBUSTERS"...

Opinion by Consumer Advocate Tim Bolen ([email protected])

I've been following the activities of the "Quackbusters" for about five years, ever since the name Stephen Barrett (www.quackwatch.com) came up, as a player, against a client of mine in California. I asked the question "why would this group be using a doctor from Pennsylvania, as their witness, when there are 300,000 health professionals in this State?"

Thus began my education. Now I'm going to educate YOU...

The "Quackbuster" operation is a conspiracy. It is a propaganda enterprise, one part crackpot, two parts evil. It's sole purpose is to discredit, and suppress, in an "anything goes" attack mode, what is wrongfully named "Alternative Medicine." It has declared war on reality. The conspirators are acting in the interests of, and are being paid, directly and indirectly, by the "conventional" medical-industrial complex.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Redundant post, please delete

[edit on 11-11-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Believe me, if ANY of those therapies worked, you'd see the scientists and doctors using them and NOT dying of cancer. Scientists in particular -- there's not always a lot of money in those, and we do gossip around. If there was something that was excessively cheap, we'd be all over it in a flash.

Quackwatch is an excellent site.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I don't know Byrd, they make alot more money off your cancer than they would curing it. I think there are probably several effective treatments for cancers but like the energy companies buying patents for super efficient engines then shelving them, they will only act in their best interests. One really great aspect of capitalism is the supression of new technology to protect financial dogma, and I hardly think the medical industry is above that tactic at all. Like the Aspartame company, the FDA found it to be unsuitable for human consumption (the recipie oddly came from a US military chemical weapons lab), but the head of the FDA basically vetoed their findings, approved it, then took a fat paying job with... you guessed it, the aspartame company.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Whats your poison,sir?
apricot seeds or chemotherapy????!!!!!

Either way youll lose your hair.....

eating fruit stones are not good for you in any way ,NEVER NEVER NEVER do this. it will make you sick....You WILL experience hair loss....Its a very stupid thing to do... you will be nauseous and your doctor will be highly pissed it wont kill you but its not good....

hmmm maybe chemo is made from laterille?????

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Believe me, if ANY of those therapies worked, you'd see the scientists and doctors using them and NOT dying of cancer. Scientists in particular -- there's not always a lot of money in those, and we do gossip around. If there was something that was excessively cheap, we'd be all over it in a flash.

Quackwatch is an excellent site.

Pharmaceutical companies make more money treating conditions than curing them.

It's all about the money.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by floppy
Whats your poison,sir?
apricot seeds or chemotherapy????!!!!!

Either way youll lose your hair.....

eating fruit stones are not good for you in any way ,NEVER NEVER NEVER do this. it will make you sick....You WILL experience hair loss....Its a very stupid thing to do... you will be nauseous and your doctor will be highly pissed it wont kill you but its not good....

hmmm maybe chemo is made from laterille?????

Do you know this for a fact, firsthand, or are you buying into the scare tactics?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Does anyone here know anyone that has used any of these products, and if so how was the overall effect?
I've heard of the B-17 for years now, just have not found anyone that has ever actually used it.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I know this firsthand unfortunatly....My doctor says that SOME people who take natural supplements cannot "tolerate" them. And in the past this has been true for me..a tylenol typically knocks me out so it could be that way BUT my advise would be to NOT take them without medical supervision, you can create a whole systemic problems and may find yourself on dialysis for getting the poison out.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join