It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
You can thank the media for the Zimmerman verdict. Just like the Casey Anthony verdict. And just like O.J. Simpson. There is no such thing as a fair trial when the national media gets involved.

Its funny how they took a run of the mill shooting and turned it into a huge national deal. If it was the other way around and Martin shot Zimmerman, this would have been a non-story. It would have just been a footnote in the local paper in the particular area.

You can go around to the many ghetto's around the USA and find cases like this. Why this case? Because a black guy was shot by another race? What about the hundreds of black on black deaths that take place monthly? Why not put those into the spotlight too?

So what is really going on here? Seriously. I dont think its as simple as media lottery either.

Yep. Just go to any communist city throughout america whether it be los angeles, detroit, new orleans, philadelphia, new york city, chicago, washington dc, etc and gangbangers will have you for lunch. I got robbed 200 bucks in times square when me and my cousin got out of grand central station. Two black dudes approached us and threatened us.

Seriously how many ms-13, crypts, italian mafia dudes, russian mafia, aryan brotherhood deaths happen each day? WTF doesnt anyone care about that? Why dont the parking meter maids go get them? Why does rahm emanuel need to call the national guard in chicago? And the media is all over this single, selective case like moss on a tree.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

You really got robbed in times square? That's messed up. I went to MSG many times to watch ranger's games, seemed like a really safe area to me. The BX, WP, and YO places I hung at sometimes in my early adulthood, now there you will get eaten for breakfast if you can't look a man in they eye with no fear.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

You really got robbed in times square? That's messed up. I went to MSG many times to watch ranger's games, seemed like a really safe area to me. The BX, WP, and YO places I hung at sometimes in my early adulthood, now there you will get eaten for breakfast if you can't look a man in they eye with no fear.

I got robbed 200 bucks and my cousin had his watch stolen. As soon as we got out of grand central station two black dudes approached us, we got cornered without anyone else nearby, I guess bad luck. Thank god we still had 20 bucks hidden away to get a bus ride back to lakewood new jersey. It really sucked, but I got over it.

I went to nyc again and never got robbed. Sure I was approached for illegal purchases like fake drivers license or social security cards but no money taken away. We learned to walk fast and look around us. And I am no chicken # either 5ft10in and a few fights under my belt during the high school days. I just dont want to get stabbed.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I wasn't trying to call you a liar or anything, I do believe it. I don't really hear about a lot of that crap going on, at least not at like times square, msg, broadway, like the tourist trap type places.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

I wasn't trying to call you a liar or anything, I do believe it. I don't really hear about a lot of that crap going on, at least not at like times square, msg, broadway, like the tourist trap type places.

Yep wasnt thinking that at all. Its mostly skill and luck though. If you get cornored at the wrong time its all over. I have taken the subway with no fear but I get in cars that have people in them. If you are naive though, well....

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
His life is ruined.

Even being found not guilty he is in the court of public opinion.

Good! I hope his life is ruined to pieces. He took the life of an unarmed person, which to me is an act of cowardice. I hope he has to look over his shoulder until he takes his last breath. I have zero sympathy. He will have to hide now, and living in hiding, ain't no way to live.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by litterbaux

America is nothing but a circus this days thanks to whore politics sticking their noses on everything, but what you get when we allowed to be spied on like terrorist.

edit on 13-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

I agree. What does this teach our children in America? You can get a gun, you can follow someone you don't like, you can escalate a situation and get yourself attacked, shoot that person dead, and get off with a not guilty verdict.

Nope, don't like what this country teaches children. You shoot someone, unarmed, who was not bothering YOU, you should be in prison. If this happened to my child, I'd be devastated.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa

Originally posted by neo96
His life is ruined.

Even being found not guilty he is in the court of public opinion.

Good! I hope his life is ruined to pieces. He took the life of an unarmed person, which to me is an act of cowardice. I hope he has to look over his shoulder until he takes his last breath. I have zero sympathy. He will have to hide now, and living in hiding, ain't no way to live.

Actually the castle doctrine DOES make sense and its BETTER than the liberal dysfunctional strongholds where the defenders fear the law more than his defense. If someone is bigger than me with a bad attitude I would GLADLY LOVE to blow his brains out.

By the time you figure if the attacker has a gun or knife you are probably dead anyway. So the law only protects the criminal.

As for zimmerman its a borderline call between self defense and manslaughter. 2nd degree murder was a stupid decision on the part of the prosecution. It was doomed to fail and provide miscarrage of justice regardless of outcome. If he was guilty he could have done 15 years and now that he is innocent he walks away scott free. 3-5 years would have been ideal for his case imo.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I disagree with Sharpton's take on it - although I also think Zimmerman's story is full of holes, and I'm not alone in also finding it odd that you can kill somebody and then find yourself the only reliable witness and thus beyond reproach - but it's nonsense what the right are saying about him and Jackson stirring hate. Both have called for restraint and peaceful protest.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentscoly

Originally posted by Onslaught2996
Only in America do they think it is OK to racially profile a black kid and then be allowed to kill him.

No wonder the world can't stand that country. Yeah there is no racism in America
it is all in everyone's head.

SOoo what you are saying is that it was okay for this punk thug to hide in the shadows for 4 minutes and then jump out and beat a guy to a bloody pulp?

I am noticing that all of the people that quote that zimmerman should be prosecuted are of the most ignorant sort of individuals. Non free thinkers that cannot see the true facts of the case.

You should resign your ATS account as your the wool is covering your eyes...

It's amusing how so many people think that the facts of this case are the facts presented to you during the trial. Or that everything that was presented as fact is indeed one. It was Zimmerman lawyer's job to create a certain narrative and make you believe it. I'm not necessarily inferring that his lawyer's intentions were to mislead, but do realize you're being naive.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords

I forget that some people are thick as mud...no offense. When he/she said "all the blacks", I assumed she meant it like you would use "everybody"....as in, "Why does everybody............". Understand? No one really means EVERYBODY. It's a figure of expression. Sheesh!!! Some people cannot think beyond the tip of their nose.

Oh right. So "everybody" has a completely different meaning?
It totally changes the sentiment there, doesn't it?

Thick as mud is about right.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

I am no chicken # either 5ft10in and a few fights under my belt during the high school days.

You're lucky nobody ever shot you. That admission alone would have Fox news telling everyone you were a gangsta thug.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Let's be honest ... both people made stupid mistakes. Travyon Martin should have walked straight to his dad's apartment and ignored Zimmerman. Zimmerman should not have gotten out of his vehicle. Being stupid does have its consequences. This NEVER should have happened. I'm tired of hearing the word racism.

I was against Zimmerman and felt that he should be held accountable. What changed my mind? Hearing and reading Trayvon Martin's father testify that it was NOT Trayvon's voice calling for help. Mama said it was but I figured a mama might lie. Father's testimony changed my mind.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I do worry sometimes that i think Obama is actually seriously ill / has mental health problems.

Now talking as though he has never said anything on the matter at all? Rather than actually stoking it up a few months before.

Could be a reason why his family are being taken on a lot of foreign / overseas trips with him !

There was also that very odd scene in the UK when he kept getting out chancellors name wrong, all the time.

Its almost Alzheimer like......

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
so now zimmerman can sue the martin family?

facts: their son was an under-aged visitor on private property and attacked the property owner while he was left alone and unsupervised by his parents.

The parents have nobody but themselves to blame for their son`s death, they did a horrible job of raising him and they deserve to be sued not only by zimmerman but also by the community association.

neither the father nor the mother nor the son owned property in that community, the only legal resident of that community was the fathers girlfriend, whom they were visiting.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

What does this teach our children in America? You can get a gun, you can follow someone you don't like, you can escalate a situation and get yourself attacked, shoot that person dead, and get off with a not guilty verdict.

What doe it teach our children in America?

A teenager or anyone else can profile someone as a creepy old person, ambush them, try to beat them up but if that old person has a firearm they have the right to use that firearm in self defense.

Edit:

That type of statement can be made from the other side a the argument also.
edit on 7/15/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
When I look at the Zimmerman case I look at the character of the two people involved. Who was Zimmerman? He was a man exercising his second amendment rights. He had every right to carry a gun. What kind of a person signs up for a community watch program? Someone that wants to do good for his community. That says a lot about someones character.

What kind of a person was Trayvon? His history says it all. He had drugs in his system. He had been suspended from school. He had pictures portraying himself as a thug. If it looks like dung and smells like dung is it not dung?

Clearly Trayvon had to of been the aggressor because of Zimmermans wounds be it superficial or not. Common sense say you don't attack a person with a gun unless maybe you didn't know he had one.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I am sure some red necks will take him in, go stay with them! should be safe there!

J

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Sanford pastor Valerie Houston used a sermon to rail against what she called white supremacy.

"Dr (Martin Luther) King (Jr) stated, the daily life of the Negro is still in the basement of the Great Society," she said. "And today I state, the daily life of my people is still enslaved to a white supremacist society."

(Protesters rally across US after Zimmerman acquitted of Trayvon Martin murder)

Talk about using a tragedy to push an agenda...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
So basically, Martin's right to defend himself against a "creepy" man following him is out the window regardless? Martin had no right to use deadly force by striking Zimmerman's head on the ground after a "creepy" man is following him home to a residence with no parents there and a much younger child? Martin should have retreated and not stood his own ground? He should have went home to possibly lead a creepy child molesting man to break into the home and molest and kill both of them? All while Zimmerman is allowed to follow and somehow is not on the offensive when Matrin stands his ground and defends not only himself, but his younger future brother in law?

I feel sad that I serve the country and fight for the right of men to kill without remourse and justice. It's sad to know that kids can't even walk to the store and home without being killed and nobody convicted. This is the America that I serve... the land where murders can claim self defense and walk free.

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join