It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

No.....I'm saying it didn't matter at all that she was. We hadn't yet learned all about racism and didn't recognize it when it was around. Innocent from hate and intolerance is what we were.
edit on 5-7-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Its things like this that annoy me:

Just enough to keep the herds pushed against each other to cause disruption.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie
obamas mother is white so obama is half white ?
never judge a book by the cover and all that .

i think if you look into bob marley he was the same [ white father ] so i have been told .

and as for the slavery thing who were the money men running the ships ?? as many white people were slaves and treated worse than africans .

black ? people had slaves as well as native indians look it up on youtube it shocked me watching it not everything is the way we see it in history .

and from a painter if you told me to paint your woodwork white and came home to find it slightly pink would i get paid
i am not white as most blacks are brown confused i am
. .

if we did not have color to argue over we would argue over religion

Bob Marley was the son of a plantation owner and treated like complete crap by his paternal family, Also, many Blacks treated him like crap because his mom's sperm donor was white!

Yes, white slaves were valued at 1/3 to 1/10 an african slave was worth. And the white Euro slaves were slaves in the south BEFORE the africans. The african slave had better immunity to the bugs and heat supposedly and were brought in later.

Also native americans had been slaves throughout europe also.. shhh

all this stuff is purposely left out of most "black history" classes in HS.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I would like some clarification about your post. Because I'm curious about the Bob Marley post. But I also would like to see about the different groups of slaves like Native Americans and I think you mentioned some whites were slaves.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

I believe he is talking out of his rear...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
reply to post by Phoenix267

I believe he is talking out of his rear...
i would not be to sure on that look it up a coloured slave was worth 3 times aas much as a white one ?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01
Its things like this that annoy me:

Just enough to keep the herds pushed against each other to cause disruption.

Not surprising in the least that an ignoramus like Chris Rock would say something like that on a day meant to draw people together.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Im sure the nazi's thought the jews were evil and racist.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I agree. And I think someone needs to make a thoroughly researched thread on this "Nword phenomena", so that we can come to some sort of consensus on how to address the issue when it comes up. I mean, yeah, obviously its retarded bs, but I'd like to have something intelligent to say about it...but its such a sensitive issue for some people, I haven't really came up with anything myself except to accept it and try to ignore it... Which is not really acceptable for me but it keeps the peace for now I guess... I'd just like to hear some thoughts from people around here...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I know, I know. I thought long and hard prior to posting this due to it potentially inflammatory contents.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

It's a poll that only encompasses 1000 people so as far as I am concerned, it is only a ping on the radar. But one of the pings raised my eyebrows.

1000 people is statistically valid. It's not just a ping. That's why they can accurately predict national elections by talking to 1200 people. Study the issue and you'll see why.

Now, the conclusions are absolutely right on. If you've ever been a Caucasian living in a Black neighborhood, or trying to teach in a predominantly Black school, you'd know. It's Politically Correct to dump on Whites and call them racists at the drop of a hat for any excuse whatsoever. It's Politically Incorrect to call Blacks racists because they've been so discriminated against since 1619 when the (cough) BRITISH brought slavery to the colonies, instituted it in the economy for 150 years, then blamed America for perpetuating slavery for something like 40 more years than they did.

Having said that, you absolutely have to get to an individual level with people. If you can manage to do that, you will find that most people just want to have a good job, be at peace to raise a family, and retire in comfort. I am INDEBTED to Black people for (a) giving me a job and starting me on my career and (b) renting me an apartment with zero credit when I needed it. I highly resent people using race as an excuse to justify anything at all.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I think that racism today can be practically defined by the FACT that many people believe that anyone voting against Obama solely because he is black is racism, yet people voting FOR Obama solely because he is black is not.

Why is there a Black Miss America pageant but not a White Miss America pageant? A Black Business directory but not a White Business Directory? A white woman is being raked over the coals because she admitted she used the "N" word many years ago, yet this same "N" word is used by many blacks as part of their daily lexicon of verbal discourse. If Obama has ever used the "N" word in the past, should he be impeached as being racist? Can anyone really even define what "racism" really means today? Truthfully?

The problem, in my opinion, is that blacks claim loudly that they want to be treated the same as whites, but they do everything in their power to try to retain and force the separation. An unbiased view could even claim they are making every attempt possible to widen the gulf. You can't have your cake and eat it too. It can't be a one way street. If "meeting in the middle" means YOU have to change but I don't have to, then there will be NO meeting in the middle.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Racism is a shame of human race. What makes a man is his mind and his character other than his skin color.
Racists are really insular and stupid.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

It all stems from what happened in the past, you can't really blame most for not liking whites (even though most of those guys are dead now)....

First there was Slavery and then there was the KKK!

Yes, I know there were Black Slave Masters in Africa selling them off but it didn't get any better for them in America!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by TDawgRex

It all stems from what happened in the past, you can't really blame most for not liking whites (even though most of those guys are dead now)....

First there was Slavery and then there was the KKK!

Yes, I know there were Black Slave Masters in Africa selling them off but it didn't get any better for them in America!

There were also white slaves long before African slaves and they sold at a cheaper price. Slavery actually was only "racist" because of the scientific nature of African's skin and muscle complexion. They were the better commodity. It was so long ago now that there really is no need for the amount of tension.

I feel like I say this once a week but I'll say it again:

All of the most racist people I have ever met are black.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I live in Canada, which is for the most part very similar to the US in terms of culture. But one difference I have noticed is that the US seems to have more racial tension than we do. I usually don't like to assume anything, but my best guess would be that this is because of the US's past with slavery and all that? Just something I've always wondered.

I'm white and I've never once in my life experienced racially motivated verbal abuse, not against myself anyways. I did go out with a Native American girl for three years, and early on in our relationship a friend of mine said to me "You shouldn't be going out with non-whites, that's just ****ing gross." I had no idea he was like that before this all came out, and needless to say I dropped him like a box of tarantulas. A year later he got in a car accident and now has permanent brain damage, so... lol.

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I think that I am culturally racist (if there is such a thing).

That would probably be considered xenophobia.

Originally posted by billdadobbie
if we did not have color to argue over we would argue over religion

>implying we don't
Go have a look at the 'Religion, Faith, And Theology' board sometime lol.

edit on 5-7-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I too am from Canada, grew up in Toronto. I don't think i never heard anything over racist... probably because Canadian population is much more refined and educated than the US counterparts(i don't blame them, U has 10x the population, so harder to manage).

I call people White , Black, Brown, Not yellow(i think that's a dumb term and make no sense.. so i just call them Chinese lol)...

Nobody gets offended because of the context the word is said in... "go talk to that black guy over there" compared to "all black people are frking thieves"

In reality if you go to school with predominately Race A, then it will be higher chances to encounter the bad apples from Race A.

When i go downtown, i see Asian-White, Brown-White, Asian-Black, Black-White, Latin-Brown, Latin-White.... these couples are so much common now...

I think if hardcore xenophobic people come to these areas, they would have a heart attack lol.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Congratulations on insulting refined and educated Americans.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by suz62

Good job on skipping the ratio i mentioned the brackets. Who would think 330million are not refined and educated?

I merely meant, it is easier to manage a smaller population and fix the issue then a larger population where issues are too big, something like issue in this topic..

And Canadian immigration system actually filters people without skill, that might be a plus as well(no border jumping).

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

I would like some clarification about your post. Because I'm curious about the Bob Marley post. But I also would like to see about the different groups of slaves like Native Americans and I think you mentioned some whites were slaves.

the Bob Marley history is pretty easy to find, go look it up yourself.

and, are you actually disputing that there were native american slaves?

i suggest you get an education..

p.s., public school/university wont cut it..

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I can't argue with border-jumping. This country does have it's problems.

My response was a real knee-jerk reaction. I'm tired of the world's perception that all Americans are classless idiots.

Truthfully, I don't think educational level has much to do with racism except that the higher up you go the better you are at hiding it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join