It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
AND!!
affirmative action is a PRIME DRIVER in much of the racist white community.

being slighted due to race..

and the divide widens the longer we have affirmative action

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Why in the hell would someone NEED to play the skin game anyway?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
I grew up watching the civil rights movement the ONE time I said the "N" word in my house my face was slapped to the side of my head and then it was explained to me exactly what the word was for and meant.
Dr King and Malcom wanted us to be together as equals we are.However I would submit the black guys are RULING sports which I'm ok with too.
If skin is an issue to you.You are an obstructionist plain and simple.Racism isn't dead yet but it is to me, don't call me down with such a waste of conversation ,I got no time.

We all have our pet peeves but if it's skin you WILL get your ass kicked until it's not,or you get to die violently or go to jail.No loss to the rest of us.
However a##holes come in many wrappings if you are one of these,the world wants to kick your a##.
Not skin pigmentation just you.
edit on 4-7-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

SPORTS!!1 thats one of the areas that DROVE ME CRAZY decades ago..

remember when there was a pro sports push to hire more african american coaches (i like good coaches.any color).. this is OK ...kinda..
the problem i had.. many pro athletes rational would be " there is only a couple black coaches and its prejudice.We need more black coaches so to be more in line with society % wise"..

but if you applied the same affirmative action argument for "black coaches"... then how come we dont do that to sports in general.. only 19% of pro athletes can be black.. i mean fairness and all..

few understood my point, and those that did would say " well thats different, athletes should be judged on there ability, not skin color"..
at this point, my palm would be hitting my face with concussion level force

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

It's possible that some won't go follow the link to see the rest of the "pings" on the radar. May I post them? They indicate that more Blacks and Whites believe that most Blacks are racist, than believe most Whites are. The same view is held by Republicans, Conservatives, and the nation as a whole.

Liberal voters are the outliers. More of them believe most Whites are racist, than believe Blacks are. Perhaps this fundamental difference in perception helps explain our confusion in policies and discussions.

I also noted that the Blacks and Hispanics are more likely to think race relations are getting worse than do Whites. This pessimism and discouragement worries me. I was hoping Obama's election would be of help in this area.

Thirty-seven percent (37%) of American Adults think most black Americans are racist, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Just 15% consider most white Americans racist, while 18% say the same of most Hispanic Americans.

There is a huge ideological difference on this topic. Among conservative Americans, 49% consider most blacks racist, and only 12% see most whites that way. Among liberal voters, 27% see most white Americans as racist, and 21% say the same about black Americans.

From a partisan perspective, 49% of Republicans see most black Americans as racist, along with 36% of unaffiliated adults and 29% of Democrats.

Among black Americans, 31% think most blacks are racist, while 24% consider most whites racist and 15% view most Hispanics that way.

Among white adults, 10% think most white Americans are racist; 38% believe most blacks are racist, and 17% say most Hispanics are racist.

Overall, just 30% of all Americans now rate race relations in the United States as good or excellent. Fourteen percent (14%) describe them as poor. Twenty-nine percent (29%) think race relations are getting better, while 32% believe they are getting worse. Thirty-five percent (35%) feel they are staying about the same.

Blacks are slightly more optimistic about the current state of race relations in American than whites and Hispanics are. But 37% of blacks and 38% of Hispanics believe those relations are getting worse, compared to 29% of whites.

Liberals are more confident than conservatives that race relations are getting better.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think that I am culturally racist (if there is such a thing). I don't care about Religion nor Race, but rather the actions of the individual. The actions of one makes or breaks it for me.

I love the different aspect of living in the inner city and the multiculturalism, the loveable but strange characters, it always interesting and I am one of them, can't stand the squeaky clean manicured lawns of the suburbs.for the most part everyone gets along, although I don't know what goes on behind closed doors,

Funny I clean the homes of upper class white liberals,that voted for Obama that wont come into my neighborhood, imagine that.

I could write your post but change inner city to rural and I'm with ya. White folk aren't the only ones who live in the country. And if your neighbor has a nice lawn, chances are that he also has tools you can borrow from time to time...just feed him beer afterwards.

But I also live near Cleveland and you will not catch me in East Cleveland after dark unless I have a couple of buddies with me to vouch for me. That's not racist, thats just the way it is. I stick out like a sore thumb once the sun sets. I actually get hassled by the cops for being in the neighborhood.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Clearly some of you have never visited certain parts of the southern unites states, where in the minds of many it is still 1834.

This is a joke, but not shocking to read on a forum polluted with white nationalists

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Perhaps this fundamental difference in perception helps explain our confusion in policies and discussions.
reply to post by charles1952

Yep. I think that these perceptions are actually hardening the minds of those who refuse to listen to other points of view.

But I also think that people sometimes need to take a step back from time to time and realize that sometimes, (though not all) their problems/thoughts/actions are their own to own. That it's nothing personnal.

For every action, there is a reaction.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by TDawgRex

I do think most of the racial tension is generally between older white people and younger black people. The older white people being those who are targeting black voters and the younger black people being those who are targeted... I've got to say, if I were a black person hoping to do something to turn this country around and a bunch of old white-haired gents were doing their best to keep me away from the polls, I would be preaching some hate, too.

You want to see some racism? Try being a white guy (me) married to a black woman (my late first wife) who's family was mostly in Georgia no less. Talk about getting it from both sides. And believe me, older black folks are just as racist as anyone else. Not to mention darker skinned blacks looking down at light skinned blacks.

It is a sad state of affairs.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

You are one of the bright spots in this whole thing.

I'm sorry for your loss.

But you prove to others that love holds no bounds.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Who are most Americans? and how do YOU define racism, a lot of people confuse racism with love of one's own self , race and ethnic pride, but if you add in thinking you are better than all others or superior by design physically and mentally or that others should bow down to you by virtue of your skin color just because it might share commonality with the founding fathers and by virtue of this you think that you have carte blanche over all other races and therefore define a pure "American" then you might start thinking of breaking out that label "racist"

There is a lot more than meets the eye than just some survey, it's human nature albeit a very sad one, I will use the analogy of the child that grows up in an abusive family and sees abuse every day, in a lot of cases this child will grow up possibly either being an abuser or allow abuse to happen to them and accept that same behavior.

Willie Lynch was responsible for a lot of what you see today in behaviors both within the black community and also in how many either subconsciously think, feel and even interact.

Willie Lynch Speech

I urge anyone that really wants to know truth, is to go do some studies dealing with the psychology of racism, go find out what the middle passage was, then do some reading by Thomas Payne (yes the author of common sense)
Educate yourselves, there is a lot of very complex things in America, that have not been properly addressed and many have chosen to stick their heads in the sand and choose denial over confronting the real underlying causes of why people are wrongly perceiving blacks as racist as opposed to other ethnic supremacist feelings that blacks are inferior, yes this is still a very widely held belief by many who will not openly admit it and until that is dealt with, you cannot expect a resolution of the whole race issue, ever.

edit on 4-7-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
Clearly some of you have never visited certain parts of the southern unites states, where in the minds of many it is still 1834.

This is a joke, but not shocking to read on a forum polluted with white nationalists

No joke. Rural Georgia comes to mind, when i met my late wife's family (black) for the first time. I'm white. Her great-grandma make a remark about her (my wife) "making it to the big house". I'm completely serious.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

Dear phinubian,

Anyone around here will tell you that I'm Mr. Confusion. Let me show you how I got that name.

You said:

Willie Lynch was responsible for a lot of what you see today in behaviors both within the black community and also in how many either subconsciously think, feel and even interact.
and then provided a link to an article which points out that the speech is a 20th Century hoax. What can this mean? That the Black community has based it's opinions and behaviors on a lie? Shouldn't they be told?

Given the above, are you calling on the Blacks to educate themselves? Some still believe that the Democrats were the party of Civil Rights progress.

And who is to lead this discussion of racial issues? President Obama is in a unique position to repair the damage caused by racial division, he even campaigned on that promise. Will a white man be accepted as the leader of such a discussion? Of course not. Could Clarence Thomas of the Supreme Court? Bill Cosby? Dr. Ben Carson? No chance. They've already been labeled "Uncle Toms."

If Obama had forgotten about the economy, health care, drones, the rest of the world, and finally repaired race relations and race based behavior in this country, he would go down in history as one of our greatest Presidents. He's had the chance, and blown it.

Eric Holder said we were cowards for turning away from the discussion, but he's not doing anything about it. So, who will people listen to? Not slavishly agree with, just listen to. Louis Farrakhan? Al Sharpton? Jay-Z? Sorry, they're non-starters. Who, then?

You want people to educate themselves and get rid of their racist ideas. Fine, we hear stories all the time of people being fired or beaten because they used a word that only Blacks are allowed to use. We see articles about "White Privilege." But we also see stories about Blacks beating other Blacks because they were "Acting White." How do they all get educated? Who speaks to those people?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Im 47 year old man and i raised 6 boys in a small town that was about 50 50 black white.
raised them there lived there over 20 years .
two times in my towns history KKK showed up standing out in frount of the court house .
We THE WHOLE TOWN just totaly ignored them lacks and whites toghter showed them in a better way then any other that what they belived was not something we cared about . They gave up after only two hours both times as people drove by just totaly ignoring them we didnt even bother to roll up car windows or any thing else it was like they didnt even excist .
I was never more proud of my town then on thouse days.
My wife and mines best friend and m,ost trusted person was eugein johnson (( every one called her cookie .
a old black women who was raising her daughters kids . she had 4 . She was THE ONLY person i every Totaly trusted with my kids other then my wife.
anyway we traded kids back and forther all the time >sometimes her boys coming over to stay with us other times my boys staying over with her.
what I rember the most is when all the boys were still young all any of the boys bsaw (mine or hers ) was another kid to play with . They didnt even know there was a such thing as rasesium . It amazedme that we My wife me and cookie had done so well raising our boys that they didnt even know some people think theres something different .
I have been back in my town from time to time and my kids are grown and so are cookies kids .
Thouse boys (men now )) are so happy when i stop by to say high to cookie and have BECOME SUCH good gentialmen a creadit to cookie.
Let me end this reply by saying I DONT CUT slack for your skin tone white or black Cookies boys and My own PROVE coller has no meening UNLESS you let it.
So if your a jerk Your a jerk no matter your coller white kkk or black panthers or crips or what Neo natzs .
And if your a good person who works hard no one CARES about your coller .
Why the best police cheif our twon ever had is a black man .Was glad he got the job he bdidnt cut slack white or black and he was a FINE friend of the family .
So sick of people who would rather wine and complane MR King Never ment for this travesty .
Your black your history meens so much then try living UP TO MR King .I wish i had been able to meet the man .
Dought he would be impressed by all the winning of how 150 years agaio there was slavery .
It what you Do In this life live for tommrow not yesterday

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

If it was founded to be a hoax then so be it, but there is no need to propagate that out to any community, for it is the application that used and implemented as we no was no hoax, now excuse me if my research into whether it was a hoax I stand by everything else I wrote and thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hate culture is glorified in America, this is nothing new. Children are raised by brain atrophied, bigoted parents and become brain atrophied bigots themselves. Children are socially conditioned to think hating on whitey is acceptable. From what I've seen, white people don't care much about it either.

I'm white too, by the way, and I could care less if people hate on me because of my skin color provided they aren't threatening to physically harm me.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think this is more of an American issue to be honest. Here in the UK we are not so divided and most will shout down any racist who makes it into an intellectual debate. Even far right groups seem to avoid race although at the moment the big thing is fighting "Muslamics", this is more of a religious issue it however. My point is here in the UK we seem to be far more accepting of different skin colours, so I would ask why do you guys still have these issues? I personally feel it is a combination of education, media propaganda and even segregation.

Now that I think about it, far right groups here often complain that Muslims are over taking over communities. You could argue that this is similar to black and/or latino ghettos. Once you place any group into small confines where they can be pointed at and analyzed then conflict will arise. The same for those looking out of the minority communities who might feel they don't have the some opportunities.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm a racist if i believe its true? I'm white and a male so does my opinion matter? And as a white male when my opinion isn't considered simply because I'm male and white isn't that sexist and racist?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well, well well.

A survey that says white people think black people are more racists than everybody

America, it's quite something eh?

edit on 4-7-2013 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
Well, well well.

A survey that says white people think black people are more racists than everybody

racist. hehe

interesting that it also said blacks think blacks are racist and whites think whites are racist.
not all, just some. some blacks, some whites. and then there's the hispanic, too.

overall, i'd say that proves people are struggling with this issue -- some are making it worse, and some are making it better and some are scratching their heads, wondering why it's even an issue still.

edit on 4-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
Well, well well.

I'm gonna have to give you a big 'swing and a miss' on that comment. The study doesn't say the white people think blacks are racist, it says that Americans think Blacks are more racist than Whites and Hispanics.

Nice try at race-baiting though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join