It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't God just show himself to us?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

Are you saying that the old testament was a combination of God's laws and human made laws?

There's a suggestion of that. At the very least, it points to the notion that the laws were being misinterpreted and carried out too far.

God did give them laws to separate themselves from other people at one time, in an effort to preserve the Israelites as a people, but the ones in charge of deciphering the law and the scriptures (the Scribes, Pharisees and Sadducees) took it too far and were misinterpreting a lot of it.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Tell me what you have been trying to tell me all this time.

Read the book by Alan Watts. It may help you dissolve the wall that is the real issue.

I will shut up about it.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767

Whatever miracles you are shown you still will not believe, your prayers weren't granted and because you don't see the bigger picture from start to finish you decide therefore there is no god, you live on a very rare planet that exist in a galaxy with just right type of black hole at it's centre, you orbit a rare star (A very special sub class of stable G2) at just the right distance and your planet has just the right mix of elements and gases, your moon orbits at just the right distance to be a optical perfect match in size to your sun at just the right time in your planets existence you exist as a very rare sentient being when there is no record in the preceding 4 billion years of any other sentient being's on your planet unless it has been suppressed, you are born wondering and looking up at the stars wishing you could fly and see the whole universe and whatever is beyond it.

Nah you are right you are just an illusion of conscious being that does not and never did exist so why am I even trying to answer this non existent question.

I will not believe whatever miracles are shown to me? completely false. Tell God to create 10 apples and put them on my bed right now and I'll believe in him.

You say that we live in the perfect galaxy and solar system and according to you that proves God. What about a little girl being raped by a man, does that count as proof that God doesn't exist?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Are you saying that the old testament was a combination of God's laws and human made laws?

There's a suggestion of that. At the very least, it points to the notion that the laws were being misinterpreted and carried out too far.

God did give them laws to separate themselves from other people at one time, in an effort to preserve the Israelites as a people, but the ones in charge of deciphering the law and the scriptures (the Scribes, Pharisees and Sadducees) took it too far and were misinterpreting a lot of it.

How do we know the new testament wasn't also misinterpreted?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

What about a little girl being raped by a man, does that count as proof that God doesn't exist?

It proves that Satan exists too.

God said vengeance was His. He'll return to judge the righteous and then the unrighteous.

Last, but not least, he'll throw Satan into the Lake of Fire for the evil influence he spread among the people.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What about a little girl being raped by a man, does that count as proof that God doesn't exist?

It proves that Satan exists too.

God said vengeance was His. He'll return to judge the righteous and then the unrighteous.

Last, but not least, he'll throw Satan into the Lake of Fire for the evil influence he spread among the people.

It could also prove that people can do good and bad and there is no supernatural influence whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

We read it for ourselves instead of allowing others to interpret it for us. Unfortunately, that doesn't always work well for everyone either. When someone realizes that their interpretation is far different from others, they should seek out counsel from someone more qualified. We should always pray for the Holy Spirit to help us in deciphering the message laid out before us.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It could also prove that people can do good and bad and there is no supernatural influence whatsoever.

This world has surpassed "bad". We've got too many people snapping and doing things other people never would have imagined that they would do.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

We read it for ourselves instead of allowing others to interpret it for us. Unfortunately, that doesn't always work well for everyone either. When someone realizes that their interpretation is far different from others, they should seek out counsel from someone more qualified. We should always pray for the Holy Spirit to help us in deciphering the message laid out before us.

Do you know who chose which books and verses should be used to create the new testament?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

This world has surpassed "bad". We've got too many people snapping and doing things other people never would have imagined that they would do.

But somehow we don't see God interfering in anyway. The things people do that i've seen or read sometimes boil my blood, yet this all loving and all powerful God doesn't do anything about it. I wonder why.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Look at a rainbow...a newborn baby...a hummingbird hovering. The list goes on. What more proof does He/She/They/It need to show you?

Can you build a bird?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I don't anymore, there is no need.
I just allow myself to be.

Life is a learning lesson, and as I go through life I learn, and as I learn, my spirit evolves.
We never stop learning, and we never stop evolving spiritually.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Look at a rainbow...a newborn baby...a hummingbird hovering. The list goes on. What more proof does He/She/They/It need to show you?

Can you build a bird?

rainbows, babies, hummingbirds are not proof of God's existense.

I can't build a bird, but explain, how does nature prove God?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

That proves the existence of at least one devil but the lack of the presence of an angel though it makes us all angry especially with the angel for not stopping it does not disprove god, and remember the parable about the trouble one apple caused yet you want ten?.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767

That proves the existence of at least one devil but the lack of the presence of an angel though it makes us all angry especially with the angel for not stopping it does not disprove god, and remember the parable about the trouble one apple caused yet you want ten?.

Doesnt matter if it's 10 apples, 10 shoes, etc. You said i wouldn't believe in any miracle and i said you are wrong.

Also about lack of presence of an Angel. Doesn't God watch all of us all the time? God doesn't seem that powerful after all.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is a question we all have asked ourselves. We know that the Universe is much bigger than our neighborhood right? Science proves it and we are fortunate enough to have videos and pictures of it so we can get a better idea, but its much bigger then what we can even see even.

Lets just pretend we can miraculously talk to an Ant. It has a limited understanding of its enviroment and its world. Your finger alone can block out the sun of this little Ant. Now that there are no communication barriors.....describe to this Ant what it is, how big the earth is, and what it means to you?

All I'm sayin here is......we are not ready for those kinds of answers.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
He hasnt showed himself?

But ask the animals, and they will teach you,
or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;
or speak to the earth, and it will teach you,
or let the fish in the sea inform you.
Which of all these does not know
that the hand of the Lord has done this?
In his hand is the life of every creature
and the breath of all mankind
Job 12:7

Greater is He who is in you, than he that is in the world.
John 4:4

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09
He hasnt showed himself?

But ask the animals, and they will teach you,
or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;
or speak to the earth, and it will teach you,
or let the fish in the sea inform you.
Which of all these does not know
that the hand of the Lord has done this?
In his hand is the life of every creature
and the breath of all mankind
Job 12:7

Greater is He who is in you, than he that is in the world.
John 4:4

Those verses prove God exist?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18

Can you build a bird?

it proves the existence of something more intelligent than us.. that CAN build birds.. from scratch.

which came first? chicken.. or the egg? lmao

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup

Originally posted by danielsil18

Can you build a bird?

it proves the existence of something more intelligent than us.. that CAN build birds.. from scratch.

which came first? chicken.. or the egg? lmao

In what way does it prove the existence of something more intelligent than us? Who said that birds were "built"?
edit on 1-7-2013 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join