It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of Freemasonry...'The Mysterious Force'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The origins of Freemasonry are considered by some to have derived from a Jewish group known as the 'Mysterious Force', as detailed in a manuscript known as 'The Dissipation of Darkness-Origins of Freemasonry', it's given aim was to counter the rise of Christianity.

Dissipation of the Darkness

According to the manuscript, Masonry was founded in Jerusalem by King Herod Agrippa at the suggestion of Hiram Abiud and seven other Jewish founders in 43 A.D. The association’s original name was the “Mysterious Force.” Abiud who was the King’s counselor proposed the name for this reason

“…It seems that there has been a hand, a force, secret, mysterious, that punishes us without our being able to offer resistance. It seems we have lost all our strength to defend our religion and our existence itself.

“Majesty, based on the evidence that there is no efficacious means of incorporating our ideas, nor firm hope of attacking that force, undoubtedly mysterious; there is no other oath than to establish a Mysterious force, similar to that one (to attack mystery with mystery) . I have come to the conclusion that it is our unavoidable duty, unless you have a better idea to establish an Association of greater power so it may assemble the Jewish forces threatened by that mysterious force. It is fitting that no one knows anything about this foundation, its principles and its actions. Only those whom Yours Majesty may choose as founders will know the secret of the foundation.”

The origin of Freemasonry in association with members of the 'Mysterious Force' was in 1717;

The chiefs of modern Masonry, that of the year 1717, who were three Jews and three Protestants, established other titles, additions, variations, attractions and curiosities that made my wife, Janet, and me think that the Protestants that guided the new Masonry were more cunning and aggressive against Catholicism than the ancient Jews themselves. I verify this with the fact that in Protestant countries the leadership of the lodges is more in the hands of Protestants, than in those of Jews.

The story of how the supposed Jewish manuscript came to publication;

www.cephasministry.com...

As a result, to help admonishing the woman not to follow Masons' lure of 'liberty, equality, fraternity' into the trap, in the introductory section of the History of Masonry, The Dissipation of the Darkness, the Origin of Masonry, Mr. Lawrence included the words of Janet, as follows:

"Woman! Since Creation you enjoy the greatest affection and respect in the world. Wise men, philosophers and great men have said of you. The woman rocks the cradle with her right hand and shakes the world with her left.
"To you then, virtuous women, I present this History that it pleases me to call, 'The Dissipation of the Darkness,' and to you I say: For having influence my husband Jonas, the owner of this History, after his conversion to Christianity, and his being able to marry me, and for my having been the instigator of the idea of printing it and publishing it, you, too, must also share in the knowledge of its contents, to utilize what is within reach to convince men that Masonry is nothing but Judaism. To convince men that it was Masonry that made the pillars of nations totter, that demolished the powers, that rejected religion. It was Masonry that shed rivers of innocent blood with its Jewish cunning. It was Masonry, Masonry!

Some other links;

Catholic position on Freemasonry

The Mysterious Force

The authenticity of the supposed original Jewish manuscript detailing the origins and ordering of the Mysterious Force can of course be brought into question, but that there is such a force operative in the world i would consider self apparent.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
i like mistery..it makes my brain spin like tornado..

this force is every where..even in my country they create a statue in the middle of my city..'bundaran HI' every singel car who want to pas over the city must past the statue..very scary..and in my theread before they put the symbol on money..

all we can do is pray to lord and keep awake..Godbless all..
nice theread anyway..

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Maybe sometimes things that seem mysterious aren't, understanding is also nice.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Madrusa

My understanding is that the Freemasons derived from the stone-workers who built cathedrals during the Middle Ages. Their origins can be traced back to England and Scotland near the end of the 1600s, both countries that feature beautiful stone masonry and architecture.

Boiled down to its simplest philosophy, the modern day Freemasons are based on the cathedral builders of the Middle Ages, and they use the terminology of the stonemasons to teach their members allegorical lessons about morality, charity, and honor. Instead of building cathedrals out of stone, the Masons say they're building cathedrals in the hearts of their members.

Very briefly, Freemasonry is a great big club, primarily for men, that uses symbolism and ritual to initiate its members and to teach them allegorical lessons. The stated goal of the fraternity is to take good men, and improve them morally, spiritually, and emotionally, by encouraging them to cultivate brotherly love, charity, honesty, and integrity. Masons believe they can improve society by making men better husbands, fathers, sons, and citizens.

Conspiracy Theories and Secret Societies for Dummies; pg. 160

Far from being a mysterious organization with shady dealings, the Lodge in my town has always been open to the public, frequently hosts banquets with the aim of recruiting new members via an "open-door" policy. Even the members I know of in my town are good men. They help the needy, donate to charities, do their best to employ folks who've had trouble in the current economy, and so on.

I think much of Freemasonry is romanticized to feed a bored mind desperately in need of a villain they can battle against, without actually lifting a finger in opposition of.

All of these threads espousing to "out" the Masons, are, in reality, nothing more than masturbatory ego-stroking. There are plenty of very real, visible evils in the world. But instead of fighting against those, we choose to instead battle an invisible, possibly non-existent one.

I wonder why.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

The operative stone mason guilds of the Middle Ages was the primary model adopted because of their concern with sacred number and proportion, as in the building of Catholic cathedrals and churces.

The guild systems of the middle ages which covered all aspects of trade and craft all had their apocryphal biblical stories as they related to their particular craft, the ship builders and the story of Noahs Ark for example, which goes on to become also a degree of speculative masonry, but the important point is that they were entirely interwoven with the Catholic church, which thus extended it's influence into all concerns of everyday life.

The secret signs of recognition of journeymen enabled them to find work abroad and be recognised as part of the greater Guild system, there was nothing sinister about the operative guild system.

With the coming of the Protestants in Northern Europe the guild system fell apart, given its close links with the Catholic church, and was replaced with speculative masonry which was open to Protestants and Jews who were in opposition to the Catholic church and had a reformist agenda to be carried through at all levels of society, the Lodge then being the means through which Protestant ideals would be promoted, though given the fractious nature of Protestantism this could go in various directions under different higher influences within.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Madrusa

I need to read the whole document, but having had a quick skim, it looks kind of interesting on a number of levels...though, at that first glance I suspect it may lean more towards Catholic/Monarchist black propaganda than actual revelation about the origins of Freemasonry itself. Either way, from the bits and pieces that I read, it looks really, really interesting one way or another. I'm going to go away and read it in full, but jolly nice find...never seen or heard of this before
and I will be happy even if it turns out to be total fiction because it is at least unusual and somewhat original.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

It is interesting and very little known, it's certainly not sensationalist Black Propoganda along the lines of the Protocols of Sion satire, and as far as i'm aware hasn't been exposed as hoax.

Even as a 19th century piece it's quite prophetic;

Janet, a Protestant who married Jonas, Mr. Lawrence's great grandfather, understood the evil plan of Masons to change the role of the woman contrary to God's will. She even foresaw with striking accuracy the present conditions of women. Here is Janet's analysis of Masonry's conspiracy to turn the woman into a tool of Satan to destroy human society.

"Masons liberated her from all rules and conditions, having as a result the degeneration and misery of the woman. Our descendants will witness horrible spectacles born of the misery of the woman.
"The woman, with this exaggerated affection, was falsely exalted, fraudulently cultivating her pride without advising her of the irreparable loss that would be produced in her. With extremist liberty, the woman lost her temporal and eternal happiness, she lost her education, she lost her life and even more, she made the world lose family, social, educational and procreative order.
"If she took comfort in this easy and voluptuous life, the result of this joy was misery and mourning, mourning and misery for all the world."

edit on 30-6-2013 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Far from being a mysterious organization with shady dealings, the Lodge in my town has always been open to the public, frequently hosts banquets with the aim of recruiting new members via an "open-door" policy. Even the members I know of in my town are good men. They help the needy, donate to charities, do their best to employ folks who've had trouble in the current economy, and so on.

It sounds pretty similar to your average Catholic church goers, doesn't it?

In the meanwhile, what goes on at the top or in other locations is a different story...

Father Martin stated in his last book, "Windswept House", that a black magic ceremony had been performed in Rome and South Carolina simultaneously on June 29, 1963. The notes of interest on South Carolina it being the home of Freemasonry in America, the state of origin for the Civil War, and also has a St. Peters in Columbia. This ceremony was to "enthrone Satan". What is of interest here is that Father Martin stated that the enthronement was enabled to occur sometime within 50 years of the ceremony. This means that no later than June 29, 2013, Satan is invited to assume the Papal throne.

endoftheage.blogspot.com...

No one is denying that some of these groups are naive and innocent to what goes on around them, but that doesn't change what goes on around them, nor does it change what is capable of infiltrating it.

edit on 30-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Madrusa

It is interesting and very little known, it's certainly not sensationalist Black Propoganda along the lines of the Protocols of Sion satire, and as far as i'm aware hasn't been exposed as hoax.

I wonder if the reason it hasn't been proven as a hoax is because, as far as I can find, it has no provenance and seems to have very recently been disseminated. Unless you can supply me with some information to the contrary, I am inclined to think that it is a very recent composition. It appears to have made it's debut in 2006, as a pdf, prior to that nothing.

I wouldn't consider it a satire of Protocols, but the main body or history is highly anti-Jewish, and makes very similar claims to there being a Jewish conspiracy, and levels many of the same arguments as the Protocols later on in the 'Janet and James' section. Most of the names mentioned in the introduction are not verifiable, the only one that is, John Desaguliers, a well known Freemason and founder of the Royal Society whose life, and death, are well documented. The poem mentioned in the introduction appears on a Masonic website, and is otherwise, quite obscure. It is attributed to 'Brother Cutron', when in fact it was written by James Cawthorn.

Even as a 19th century piece it's quite prophetic;

It doesn't count as being prophetic if it is written after the fact. Which I suspect it was.

I am very open to evidence that it existed prior to 2006, but for the time being, everything about it, including style and content, point to it being a work of fiction, but interesting none the less, and I have enjoyed reading it.

Many thanks for bringing it to my attention, it does seem to have been discussed on other forums, but this is the only one that I frequent, which is why I have probably missed it.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

This means that no later than June 29, 2013, Satan is invited to assume the Papal throne.

Well, it is currently June 30, 2013, and the Big Bad doesn't sit in the Pope's place. Not that it would matter if he did, since neither Christianity nor the Pope actually hold sway over anything other than imaginary kingdoms.

I'd like to think XTC sang it best:

I won't believe in Heaven and Hell
No saints, no sinners; no Devil as well
No pearly gates, no thorny crown
You're always lettin' us humans down
The wars you bring, the babes you drown
Those lost at sea, and never found

And it's the same the whole world round
The hurt I see helps to compound
The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost
Is just somebody's unholy hoax
And if you're up there, you'll perceive
That my heart's here upon my sleeve

If there's one thing I don't believe in...
It's you, dear God

No one is denying that some of these groups are naive and innocent to what goes on around them, but that doesn't change what goes on around them, nor does it change what is capable of infiltrating it.

Quite the opposite.

You live in a world where psychodrama does something other than reinforce the psychological condition of the performer. Where concepts like God and the Devil exist as something more than ideas, philosophies.

I can perform as many "black magic" rituals as I wish (and I've got the Theosophical and Hermetic works to do so), but it doesn't actually do anything outside of influencing my own inner monologue and machinations.

That is all magic does.

It reinforces who you are, and what you already possess. If you think it does anything other than that, then you've been watching too many TV shows and summer blockbusters.

There is no Devil, no Abaddon, no Lucifage Rofocale. The crown princes of Hell, like the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are concepts, ideas, philosophies; they're not actualized beings of flesh, blood, bone, and conscience.

So yes, the Masons are just a gentleman's fraternity, hoping to instill good morals and values in its members, so that they are more productive, helpful, and conscientious members of their communities.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

It is listed in Masonic reference library collections by JJ Lawrence,

www.themasonictrowel.com...

www.omdhs.syracusemasons.com...

Which is the translated copy given as 1897 in date, very much a mysterious publication though.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It is listed in Masonic reference library collections by JJ Lawrence,

www.themasonictrowel.com...

www.omdhs.syracusemasons.com...

Which is the translated copy given as 1897 in date, very much a mysterious publication though.

I am not sure that they count as provenance. The Freemasons have a tendency to be quite blaze about this kind of thing.

Either way, mysterious...maybe. Nefarious, definately.

new topics

top topics

join