It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Storm, Heavy Rain Threat in Multiple Regions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by iunlimited491

That's MY area!

Stay safe, Beez!! Not looking great where I am, either.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I'm in Charleston, SC and yesterday we had two separate storms with active Tornado Warnings.

Today we had a pretty decent storm, we were under a warning for a good hour or so.

I found myself in a decent spot to stop because the heavy rain was going to be bad in traffic.

Turns out I stopped right where the core of the storm was going to pass.

The core of the storm had a slight rotation, and while this wasn't a funnel cloud, it still had some swirl to it.

As that passed over I wish I would've taken some video, it was intense! The winds were strong enough to rip small twigs and leaves from trees and shake the car. Wasn't expecting all that from this storm, but it was interesting nonetheless.

Hopefully the next few days won't get too rough.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarsInDust
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

We got hit pretty hard here in Michigan. Rain came down in sheets, we couldn't see out our windows; our next door neighbor property looks like he moved his front yard into the lake. The water crossed over the road, but the flood line stopped at our property line. We are lucky we are on high ground. Strange, I was thinking the same thing about weather manipulation, the storm was so loud and frightening.

Like weather you haven't seen before right? Seeing that a lot this year. Glad your place stayed dry.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I'm right on the edge of one of those red areas, but the local forecast calls for some mild wind and scattered thunderstorms. Your forecast might be slightly exaggerated. Just a little.

Not with thunder that shakes the windows, it isn't! I can see the accuracy by stepping outside. Going to try for some more pics, which I will post if the weird color of the clouds shows in them. A little video clip with clouds and thunder in the background, too, I will try and link in.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491

That can be a precursor to a tornado. Be alert.

Yeah, I know! We had ONE come through here since we lived here. Missed us, though - thank God for that hill at the edge of the neighborhood! Keeping an eye out, in any case, and we do have alarms in the area.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

reply to post by StarsInDust

I'm in Michigan too. We were supposed to get rain all week last week but it never happened. Right now it's looking like to set up for the average summer thunderstorm. Really nothing new to the native Michigander.

I lived in Michigan since 1984, this was pretty massive.I agree our storms can get wicked; however, even though I have seen my neighbor lawn flood before, I have never as bad as this. I do believe this one was a record.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

reply to post by StarsInDust

I'm in Michigan too. We were supposed to get rain all week last week but it never happened. Right now it's looking like to set up for the average summer thunderstorm. Really nothing new to the native Michigander.

We had a lot of predicted storms, too, that never showed. Storms are pretty normal here as well, but predicted storms, when we get totally clear days, aren't normal. The forecasts seem to be a bit irregular this Spring and early Summer.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I think this was all foretold by an obvious NWO "hint" that was first seen in the 60's.

Skip forward to about 1:20, and your answers will be revealed.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarsInDust

One of the kids came in, and said things looked "green"! I looked, and while it isn't exactly green, the color is different than I have ever seen for storms here.

I noticed the skies here looked really eerie too, and commented on it to my husband. I called the sky color a yellowish-green though.

Watch for tornado alerts! Better safe than sorry. Already listed as possible here, and with huge hail, far more likely. Even so, I have seen tornado weather here before - this looks weird compared to that. Stay safe!

reply to post by beezzer

Better get your swimmies on! Lol.

I'm in Albany - flash flood watch, and few rumbles of thunder so far.

Keep an eye on things. This is widespread enough, people need to be cautious. Don't want to lose anyone here!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
yet on the bbc they say some parts of america will be in the 100s
west coast area ?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Connecticut here. We're gonna get wet! (We're right near the Naugatuck river)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Not saying its not accurate, but we get the same exaggerated forcasts in the UK, hardly ever happens though.

Micheal Fish anyone?

Well, I see bad weather HERE (middle US), and people I know on FB posted about it where they live, too. So, this time, at least, it looks bad.

I do know what you mean, though. We had storms predicted before, and clear weather, with no storms showing up at all. Happened a LOT recently, in fact.

Its hard to know what to believe.
The Micheal fish comment. In the UK we don't get hurricanes, but back in 87 a TV weather presenter announced to the whole of the UK "Don't worry, the hurricane rumors are false" Next thing we knew half the country was blown down by one

That is bizarre! I hadn't checked the weather, but with the thunder, took a look. Then the younger son reported the odd cloud color. Definitely out of the usual range for storms here.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Yeah considering that the USA has HARP technology, it sure seems we are not very good at aiming it. The brain trust at HARP is kinda like Don Knotts as a Gunslinger. Keep shooting themselves in the foot.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar
reply to post by cheesy

I'm in Charleston, SC and yesterday we had two separate storms with active Tornado Warnings.

Today we had a pretty decent storm, we were under a warning for a good hour or so.

I found myself in a decent spot to stop because the heavy rain was going to be bad in traffic.

Turns out I stopped right where the core of the storm was going to pass.

The core of the storm had a slight rotation, and while this wasn't a funnel cloud, it still had some swirl to it.

As that passed over I wish I would've taken some video, it was intense! The winds were strong enough to rip small twigs and leaves from trees and shake the car. Wasn't expecting all that from this storm, but it was interesting nonetheless.

Hopefully the next few days won't get too rough.

Nice pics, in any case!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Yesterday we had what I expected us to get during that recent tropical storm that ended up not hitting us. Strong winds, tons of rain and hail, and a tornado warning on top of it. I'm going to consider us very lucky that the neighborhood is dotted with lots of drains, otherwise we might be walking through a miniature lake.

edit on 27-6-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Now that is creepy!

Always loved Underdog, too, so a nice memory!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie
yet on the bbc they say some parts of america will be in the 100s
west coast area ?

Southwest, too, most likely. I have family in Texas, and it's usually blazing hot there. I did note, though, on the Weather site, that Alaska is apparently also seeing record heat. How weird is that??

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

Connecticut here. We're gonna get wet! (We're right near the Naugatuck river)

Watch the water levels! We were near a river back in '93, in the Midwest flooding and had to evacuate for a couple of weeks. That water can come up fast, too.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
Yeah considering that the USA has HARP technology, it sure seems we are not very good at aiming it. The brain trust at HARP is kinda like Don Knotts as a Gunslinger. Keep shooting themselves in the foot.

I kind of figure if that is the cause, they are doing it for some motive or other. Political manipulation, distraction, something.

That, or God isn't happy!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This is Us Weather Condition Right Now..

Not Good
edit on 27-6-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join