It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs: Are Investigators Missing the Whole Picture?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I came across this article, and wanted to share it with ATS.

Yes, I have seen orbs in pictures that actually had faces in them, and some that produced their own light source.
According to this article, those are the ones that are not dust particles, or reflections of light from a camera flash.
Here are a couple that a member posted in my paranormal thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.engelkommunikation.net...
www.engelkommunikation.net...

Orbs: Are investigators missing the whole picture? Astrology & Paranormal June 24, 2013 By: Todd DiFronzo

It was not too long ago the status quo was that orbs in pictures were of paranormal origin. Stances changed considerably since then when the normal culprits of orb pictures became known, causing believing in orbs to be faux pas.

With debunkers eagerly patting themselves on the back and smirking contemptuously at those who still believed, they fell into the common trap that ensnares many a bloated head: dealing in absolutes when it comes to the paranormal. And it would be quite foolish indeed to believe that all orbs in pictures are explainable when dealing with a "field" in which there are too many variables and unknowns.

That is after all, a fair definition of the paranormal. What shifted opinion heavily over the last decade was that the following normal causes of orbs were revealed and proven by careful observations and experiments. The main causes of orbs were found to be mostly reflections of light, not only from the camera flash but from other light sources as well, bouncing off solid or liquid particles in the air. Examples would be dust, smoke, pollen, water molecules or any type of precipitation.

Other causes of orbs in pictures were identified to be from other round, or semi-round, light sources in the background such as the moon, street lights or even flashlights. Further, light reflecting off certain surfaces such as glass, metals and anything reflective was found to produce the supposed anomaly.

Some have even gone on to prove that some picture orbs were created by the camera itself, resulting from a software or hardware glitch in the electronics.

But not so fast. The key here is that researchers have only discovered normal explanations of orbs in pictures and while that may be as it may, that does not necessarily mean they, at the same time, ruled out any paranormal causes of orbs. Only that many orbs in pictures can be explained scientifically. Not that all orbs in pictures can be explained. This is an important point.

Now while most of these pictures are indeed the product of the reasons explained above, there are a couple of points that should keep us all from putting this puppy to bed.

If we adopt the theory that spirits, ghosts or souls, take your pick, are composed of energy, and energy travels as differing wavelengths or frequencies. Then why would it be impossible for a spirit to seen as a ball of light, if they travel in the wavelength, or frequency, that the eye can see. And if you can see them, then wouldn't it be fair to say you most likely can photograph them. The answer should be yes.

Unfortunately this conjures up a huge problem. Should supernatural causes of orbs exist, how would one distinguish it from normal causes of an orb in a picture. Perhaps doing a system of eliminations, whereby one eliminates the known causes of orbs in a picture and if anything is left, tag it with the paranormal title. But that may leave more questions than answers.

Another possible way, which clearly relies on the integrity and state of mind of the observers, is to actually see the orb with their very own eyes and then photograph it.

If the orb is producing its own light, not a reflection or relying on another light source, and is seen moving in a purposeful motion, not an insect or due to wind or ventilation issues, then the possibility exists that they may indeed have an orb of paranormal origin. And if so, the time would be ripe to photograph and hopefully, film it.
And it is important to note that there may well be some photos out there among the gazillion photos shot in cemeteries, homes, back yards and wherever else, that may indeed have that exact story supporting it.

Let the truth be told, this author was once a supporter of the idea that orbs are clearly a result of normal explanations and shouldn't be taken seriously. There existed only that remote possibility that supernatural causes of orbs exist. That is until about four months ago.

Earlier this year, 2013, something extraordinary and unexplained occurred, without warning or reason, that has reopened the idea in this author's mind, that spirits, or something paranormal, may appear as white spheres when they want to be seen. It was a mild, early March morning, around 1:30 a.m. with the temperatures in the mid 50's in northwest Las Vegas.

There was no wind, in fact, the air was quite still. After exiting a PT's for a couple drinks and a chat, just diagonally above, about three feet away, was an almost spherical white orb, about the size of a dime. It just lingered there. Didn't move. Looking over at a friend to see if she too was seeing this, she said she was. It wasn't an insect, ash or a laser light for that matter. Just a spherical white orb.

After getting under it and just a foot out of hand's reach, ten seconds later, it began to move in a straight line, horizontally to the left, very slowly. While looking up at it and following it for about six feet, the impression that it knew it was being looked at, and wanted to be seen, became overpoweringly evident. It felt as if it had a consciousness to it. An intelligence if you will. In fact, it was almost as if it was being playful, perhaps smiling at these curious folk's reaction to their sudden predicament.

Then, after another four feet, it stopped. Again, looking over at a friend for support, she nodded in acknowledgement that she too was still witnessing this bizarre affair.
After about twenty seconds had passed, with this white spherical orb just hovering above in place, it began to slowly ascend upwards about twenty feet, fading in intensity along the way until it completely disappeared from view. Standing there in utter astonishment and wishing one had a camera handy to document the moment, it spawned many a wakeful night of questions concerning what exactly that was and why it was there.

And this story does not stand alone.
There are many tales from others around the world about witnessing spherical orbs with their very own eyes. This leads straight to the idea that clearly not all is known about orbs and investigators shouldn't be too quick to dismiss them as not paranormal.
Whether that orb, or any non-explainable orb for that matter, is a spirit, ghost, soul, alien, trans-dimensional being, or an unknown life form (should any of these exist), is not the intent of this article.

Had the orb described in the personal account above been photographed, it most likely would have shown up as an orb in the picture. And if it did, hasty reviewers would most likely had glanced over the picture and returned the verdict that it was just a dust particle or an insect, thus missing out on a great opportunity to examine something that may be possibly be of paranormal origin.

www.examiner.com...

edit on 6/27/2013 by sled735 because: Add Source

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Continued...

I would like to see any pictures you may have taken of what you believe to be a real spiritual orb. Please share your experience also.

Here is a picture I took one night when I was speaking to a neighbor that had just passed away a few weeks prior.
As you can see, no other "dust particles" are anywhere around. I caught two orbs here. The other lights are from security lights in my neighbor's yard:

edit on 6/27/2013 by sled735 because: addition to post

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I guess they are missing the point of the orbs. Sure the lights can be explained but the conditions leading to the creation of the lights is very complex. I am sure that the energy barrier that collects the light is real science but what is the complex reason this energy barrier is forming. It is forming around neutrinos? Why are the neutrinos there in the first place, if this is the case, and why are they moving in the way they are? Does this phenomenon actually constitute the creation of a life form that we do not recognize as life because of our definition of life? Is this phenomenon related to the creation of life on this planet, it seems to be a primitive source of structure of energy. Unless we open our minds to unlimited possibilities we may miss something. I know going off on a tangent is not always good, but going off on a tangent occasionally often gives you a view of the whole picture by understanding the real parameters and not the parameters that we have accepted as real.

Maybe these lifeforms are not primitive. Maybe they are advanced way beyond our comprehension.
edit on 27-6-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Very well stated, Ricky.

Did you see the face in the links I provided in the first post?
The second one shows a face very clearly.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

No, I didn't look at the links, I read the OP and rushed to make a comment, probably being so enlightened that I missed half the content.
I'm going to go back and do that now.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Wow very interesting. I can make out the face in the orb behind the women seated. Someone i know has a creepy old film picture of a family member with some face peering from a corner of the room. I have seen this picture first hand and its very strange indeed. Thanks for posting that sled

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The eyesight of humans is very poor compared to some other animals. I am thinking that other animals can see these things better than humans. We are also conditioned to ignore things and our brains filter them out, clarifying the view of what we are conditioned to see. These orbs, even though most do not see them, are all around us I feel. They don't seem to bother us so we just delete them from our sight. People often say that these are floaters in the eyes but I do not think that they are all floaters, I have seen some of these and I can distinguish them from floaters easily. They aren't always white balls, they sometimes stretch out a bit when they move and insects sometimes swarm funny around them. I notice them outside the most, usually in areas where there is energy and water both present. I think what they call our aura is the same thing myself, I think the energy accumulates around things. Think of fog and clouds as accumulations of these. Think of the human body as an accumulation of trillions of these...forming the magnetic bonds that hold us together.

If you touch something, you're cells don't really touch it, the energy field around the cells touches and interacts with it. If the energy is high on one side and low on the other the molecules often get attracted together. Put your tongue on a frozen piece of steel. This is because the removal of the field around the metal is gone and it causes a sucking of the field away from the tongue...causing the molecules to sort of weld themselves together temporarily. This is not exactly what is happening but I think it is sort of a welders representation of what is happening. Welding is one of my interests

Does it matter if you know scientific terms for things, not really. A basic understanding that can be applied to a wide variety of things in a language that common people can understand without intimidating them is all right for me. Keeping life simple is what is important. Keeping life relevant is important.

I know these things exist, I know they are harmless and coexist with all of us. I don't know what they are. I don't know if they have intelligence as we define it. I think they are governed by the laws of attraction and repulsion more than an intelligent factor, but then again intelligence, especially collective consciousness, is hard to test. I myself do not think that people should be denying these without proper evidence and understanding as to what forms them. I see no proper evidence supplied by those who try to debunk them and I have looked at their explanations quite a few times over the years. None jumps out to me as correct or even scientifically reasonable explanations of this phenomenon. Maybe someday someone will find a way of actually properly evaluating them, until that point there will be a lot of people that screw it up and push misinformation about them

I would love to see research from open minded physicists on these things, ones who have the tools, curiosity, and resources to properly investigate these things....I won't listen to someone who has never seen one and is not open minded enough to properly evaluate and test the things.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Here is the story that goes along with the links I posted in the first page. Somehow the page number got messed up and went to page 2 instead of page 49. This was posted by member, Alfred2012:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In March i gave a presentation on the topic "immortality". For this event i've invited a spirit (name is "Lisbeth") who contacted me in February during a dream. She asked me whether she may help in developing my spiritual skills. (I'm sure that this has been coordinated by my guide). I was happy about this offering and since this time i had many dialogs with her during waking state. She has accepted the invitation to join the presentation event. We have taken some pictures. After scanning all the pictures for orbs afterwards we identfied two orbs showing "Lisbeth". If you are interested: I've an image attached showing the room with some marks. One mark shows "Lisbeth's" orb. The second picture shows the zoomed area with "Lisbeth's" face inside. Possibly you also can identify her?

Orb LISBETH - Room
Orb LISBETH - Zoomed

I see Lisbeth's face in both pictures. Do you all see it?

The story with the orbs I caught was, after my neighbor died, the light on his business that he owned across the road from me would start fluttering and go very dim, or completely out, every time I went out to have a smoke on the front porch. As soon as I got to come inside it would come back on.
I felt his presence each time, and knew he was trying to communicate with me. So I got my camera out one night and asked him to come closer so I could get a picture.
And he did.

The second orb is another man that died last year, I think. He also lived across the street from me. I don't know of anyone close by that has died. I may be wrong about that, but that's the "feeling" I get.

After taking the picture and seeing the two orbs, I heard a rustling in the tree limbs where the closest orb is. You can barely see the tree in the pic. The tingling going through my body got to me, and I had to come inside at that point.
If you zoom in on the bottom one I circled, you can see eyes and a smile in the orb:

Anyone have any experiences with orbs they would like to share?
edit on 6/27/2013 by sled735 because: add pic

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It's my opinion that most (nearly all) photos and videos of supposed paranormal orbs are easily explained away as floating dust particles, water droplets, or insects. That dufus with the Ghost Adventure show is always claiming a flying moth or beetle is a 'spirit orb', or some such thing. It's just ridiculous. You can see the damn bug flitting around the room.

However... the famous 1989 "San Pedro Haunting" featured some small light spheres or orbs caught on high-res video that is just flat-out trippy. The whole documentary used to be online. I don't think the whole thing is out there anymore....just bits of it on youtube. I have it on VHS and still like to watch it now and then.

There is some footage of Jackie Hernandez, who lived in the haunted house, sitting there at the kitchen table, and these little orbs are flying around her. I watched the scene about 20 times. They are not insects.

San Pedro Haunting

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

I agree most orbs ARE dust particles. But, not all.

Another way to tell if it is dust, or spirit, is the smoothness of the orb. If it appears to have jagged edges, it is dust.
If it is totally smooth, more than likely, it's a spirit orb.

Thanks for the link on that story. I look forward to reading it.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Orbs are real I have seen them at night with my own eyes. Maybe 10 metres or so from my car in a quiet secluded place. They emitted yellow and blue light and had a centre the size of a dinner plate.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

A dinner plate?
That's huge!

Now that you mention it, I believe someone posted some pictures of big orbs in my thread.

I don't have time to look for them right now, but I'll see if I can locate them later.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I've seen orbs with my own eyes only once, they were about the size of basketballs, iridescent, intelligent, and aware that I was aware of them. As soon as I saw them, one of them flew right up to where I was standing on a second floor balcony and it zoomed around me, then flew back down to the other orb and they both flew away down the alley. The weird thing about seeing them besides actually seeing them, was the little voice in my head that told me to go look out the back porch, to which I did, and saw the orbs. They flew like swallows do, meaning they zigzagged around each other like they were playing. I have caught orbs on cameras before, this last year, was my first time, and I posted some of the pictures here but of course it was ruled as reflections and dust, accept for these ones I am going to share here, although I also have them on my medium thread.

Two pictures, one with and one without the orb. I told my daughter to stand in the hallway and I told whatever spirit was in my apartment to wait and not appear in the first photo, then asked it to appear in the second photo, which it did.

This first one has no orb.

in this one I asked it to appear.

Here is one with an orb outside

Here is one people said were light or dust reflections

I had a lot of spirit activity when I first moved into the apartment and caught some orbs. The first time ever for me, never been able to get them before this time, and not since. The spirits wanted me to know they were there, which I found out later the reason for, as I was to become the caretaker of this apartment building.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: typonese

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Yes, I would say you have some good evidence there with your daughter.

That bottom pic with the small, bluish colored one is interesting too. I can almost see a face in it.

Thanks for sharing, Darkblade.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hey sled735,

Thanks for this thread.... in the age of denial, sometimes we find synchronicities and
gathering of same wavelength people... cant help myself and post here...

In my experience, I never crossed any orbs... just the full show. In one of the pics (the
couple with their backs to the cam) you can see that the resolution of the face inside
the orb is much better than the edges around physical people.. upon realizing this, I
got a nice chill vibe... our ego gets scared, but our own ethereal body responds with a
little "ack" that most people think its a "terror jump"... there is much confusion on what
a human being is, so we feel confused, deny the whole thing and go on with our egos.

The sequence presented by Darkblade71 deserves a own thread... wow.... what a catch!

I think that most 4d entities (desincarned human being / transcendence wild life and beings)
are naturally "invisible" because: a) we deny them therefore our ethereal body automates
this and filters any of it from conscience; b) most entities are so lost that they cant even
focus on subtle interactions like orbs.. c) interact takes a lot of energy and will, so they
either go for "prana draining" inside our auras (negs) or go for a ride (hitchhikers).

IMHO Then, Orbs should be a little window of micro interaction with us.... maybe most
4d beings just learn these low consumption vehicles of interaction.... thats why is the
first thing ghost hunters investigate / collect evidence.

Another thing: maybe an orb its a 5d into 3d projection... straight from the astral proper
a tunnel like experience for them... like a microscope! this must be painfull, because
normally higher beings should open "door" portals when there is much in game for the
spirit who needs travelling.

Any orbs without faces or human testimony should be consider a camera effect.

Unfortunaly, most 4d beings are in lower, violent range of the spectrum.... so most
experiences are clouded with fear.... and then denial....

-RP

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Interesting thread, Sled. S&F

Very good shots of the orbs in your pictures, and others posted here.
I don't have any personal pictures to share, but I found this story interesting:

www.tricialeonardphd.com...

Sometimes there are things you can encounter on your spiritual path that may surprise and puzzle you. About a year ago I started to notice that bright circles of light, “orbs,” were showing up in the photos people took of me at speaking events. (For a prominent scientist’s view of the fascinating phenomenon of orbs, check out the work of Klaus and Gundi Heinemann in their book, Orbs: Their Mission and Message of Hope.)

Some of the photos people showed me contained gigantic orbs; others had as many as 20 of these light circles clustered around me on stage. Another photo surfaced of a woman at our Australia event. She had a serious weight problem. I had put my arms around her and was looking into her face, telling her about how she was going to change. The photo showed a huge orb hovering over us. From my talk in Vancouver last spring came photos of me and my daughter Skye with beautiful orbs around us that almost looked like they had faces. At another event in Calgary, orbs appeared in a photo of a girl on stage who had been healed of facial paralysis.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Orbs: Are Investigators Missing the Whole Picture?

From my personal standpoint, orbs are something that exist and 'could' be many things... including dust particles or the electric-based view of the human spirit.

Of course, since main scream science doesn't go down this avenue, it is left to the average Joe (or Jane) to decide.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I caught a bunch on camera while recording in the Integratron last year. Mostly while playing my OM singing bowl, but they were there in a lot of it. No dust or bugs in there either.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Here is a photo of me taken just the other day. 'Orbs' have never really been something I've paid that much interest to as most of them do look like dust particles... That doesn't seem to be the case here though. The only mainstream explanation I can think of is that it is a camera malfunction, although I have no reason to believe that is the case so I am open to other possibilities.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

Ummmm.... Interesting!

Thanks for sharing that.
That looks more like a spirit "mist" instead of an orb, but still "far out"!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join