It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs: Are Investigators Missing the Whole Picture?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm always open to something like this being dust, unless there is something else that goes a long with it.
My own experiences suggest there is something to some orbs, but also I can see how dust/bugs or camera malfunctions could cause a lot of them. It all depends on several factors I think. Such as if there is spirit activity at the same time as the orbs.

The two I saw with my own eyes though, that is really hard for me to dismiss as anything other than something supernatural, the same with the pics with my daughter from my apartment, as I knew something was there and it responded to my request.

Also the fact that I have not been able to catch anything sense also to me, seems to suggest it was not a camera malfunction or dust. Because if it was, it was extremely odd timing.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by sled735

Orbs are real I have seen them at night with my own eyes. Maybe 10 metres or so from my car in a quiet secluded place. They emitted yellow and blue light and had a centre the size of a dinner plate.

I have seen an orb of this size too. It was a bright orange in color and about the size of a dinner plate or as I gauged it about the size of a soccer ball.

I seen it back in 1999 in N. California around 2:30 am. Weather conditions were just a light coastal drizzle not unusual for N. Cali. I was driving in a neighborhood doing about 25 mph., When I first seen it out of the corner of my eye.... it was to my right just off the fender of the car. The first thought through my mind it was a bike! I stabbed the breaks.

This next part I will try to explain the best I can.

From the time I hit the brakes the orb was already in front of me. As I was doing a fast and hard controlled brake the orb passed in front of me. It was about about about 5 feet off the front of the hood. As the car came to stop...the orb maintained the same distance through out the breaking distance. It was as if it was moving away from the car in a semi-diagonal path as it crossed the street. If it were a bike I would have nailed the rider.

After I was fully stopped I had a just a moment to watch it. It was intensely bright orange with a texture that looked like an orange peel almost. The orb hovered about a foot off the ground but did not cast any light on the ground or it's surroundings.

The Orb floated to the curb and a chain link fence where it just faded and disappeared and was gone. I sat there in the middle of the road wondering "What the (expletive!)". I started looking around for anything that could cast a reflection on the windshield. There were no street lights, no lights on the dash that were orange, and no houses with lights on....nothing to cast an orange reflection and nothing that could cause an orange glow that intense.

Some have said it may have been ball lighting but I don't think so. It didn't sizzle, snap, or crack, It had a clean smooth shape and seemed to move with awareness and intelligence.
edit on 29-6-2013 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by E†E

WOW! Those are awesome! Thanks for the links!

Do you have any paranormal activity in your home?

How long since you've vacuumed?
(Just some humor)

I think most of those are dust particles, but I do see some that could be spirit.

I look forward to seeing your video.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by miner49r

Thanks for your account it sounds interesting. Here is my Orb encounter.
I was sitting in a stationary vehicle on the top of a dead end hill facing west over the sea. It was about midnight with a clear dry air. My girlfriend and I where looking out towards the sea. You could not see too much it was dark. Just the shape of the landscape and the stars.
We noticed two stars acting strange over the sea. One of them was bigger than the other. They started pulsing and moving erratically in the sky. Just white lights nothing special. We did not know what they where.
After watching them for about ten minutes I flashed from my car headlights. You can flash the boats and sometimes they respond.
One of the lights disappeared. I thought nothing of it really. Anyhow about a minute later my girlfriend noticed a light coming up the road. She thought a car was coming up towards us. I thought this strange as it is a very quiet place in a remote area.
We where facing down a very steep hill the road kind of disappeared behind a hillock. From behind the hillock and following the road appeared an orb. It was yellow in colour and about the size of a plate. It gave off an ambient blue light in all directions. It was bright enough to light the road up. It came out infront of the car and then changed direction. As if it had seen us or something. It continued over the moors and out of sight. The silly thing is we both had cameras in the car but we where both so awestruck at what we where watching we never thought of recording it.
Anyhow what happened later may or may not be a coincidence I will share it anyway. As the light was going off out of sight I shouted out something like..Why dont you come and visit us at home..
Well we got home my partner is convinced time was missing I cannot vouch for that. Everything looked really strange. It has a definite affect on us. It is hard to explain. We where looking at things and it was like I was looking at them for the first time. I remember looking at creases in the curtains and things. We felt kind of airy..
We where both still sitting there when we heard a loud knock on the door. Jumped out of my skin. I have a glass top to my front door and something banged that. Funny thing is dogs never barked. They always bark if something is passing outside. I was a bit reserved to go to the door but I did. There was nothing outside. I went and sat down again and about five minutes later the same thing happened again. Nothing there..
After this all happened I got really intrigued about these things.. I regularly went back to the same spot and sat there looking for the Orb. It kind of became a joke. One night a month or so later we where back at the same spot again. We really did not expect to see anything. Again we where facing West and downhill. A clear night about the same time. The the same hillock in front of us started to glow. Well the glow came out from behind it. It was the same distinctive blue outer hue of the orb. The blue kind of grew in size. I flashed my headlights at it but the headlights where stronger and dissipated the light. As it got bigger I felt my left sinus starting to hurt and my left eye started to stream water. My girlfriend had a similar sensation. She described it as being held underwater. Like a pressure thing or something.
After a while the light dimmed down and as it did we saw three bright flashes in the night sky. Almost right above the car and high up.
Well thats my Orb experience. Maybe I get Fluff to leave a comment as both times she was with me. Now anytime I see funky lights I have to go and check them. I do not really know what I saw but what ever it was in my eyes was a living thing. What I saw was about ten metres infront of me. It was not a refection of anything. There is nothing to reflect in the area. The nearest house was a few miles away. Nothing but rocks and sky..
Interestingly enough some of the coastal villages in the region have legends of lights appearing in the water. I do wonder if they are the same things..
Either way it was the most amazing thing I have seen with my eyes open...
edit on 29-6-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Every psychic/medium I've heard talk on the subject says our departed loved ones will come share special occasions with us: weddings, birthdays, holidays, etc.

So, I'm thinking this was his parents that you saw in the pic. Great story!

The one you saw in the baby monitor could be its guardian angel, or spirit guide. Or, it could be a family member watching over the baby.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I notice they show up like ALLOT on my pictures we take around the house - even when we take video of the dogs or the kid around the house they are flying around...
one day i thought to pretend like they were real intelligence and started to ask them to show themselves..that I think was like the next day we had like a storm of orbs ..thats the pictures I got , and then the one that actually materialized -that as like the best one.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by sled735

I cannot find any direct information on the net about the topic ATM, but I seems to me that there is a problem with taking digital photos under certain low light conditions that causes the camera to “drop out” colors, causing an orb. Basically, the camera can't figure out how to color that area, so it just makes a white blob.

The scientific explanation.

That could be, in some cases, but science needs to accept that there are some things that can't be explained "logically". Too much evidence to say otherwise in a lot of orb experiences.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Could be dust. It looks really big to be dust, though, unless it is closer to the camera, making it appear larger.

It has the rough edges like dust particles, so...

Thanks for sharing the pics.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Awesome!!!

That had to be a freaky experience!

I have read in different threads (including my paranormal thread) that orange orbs are "alien" visitors.
I have no idea.

Thanks for sharing your story.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

yea we get alllot of pollen around here in the pine forest - maybe its all pine pollen..as for paranormal,
we have lived in this house since 98 i belive, and nothing odd ever happened, we had someone stay over for a week once and while we were gone for like two days they watched the house for us..she said she heard someone yell 'Hey!' (female voice) following a slammed door..freaked her out..she begged us to come back fast..lol

never anything like that happened to me or my wife ..

as for the orbs that was one wild crazy couple of weeks after..cause i did like ask them to show themselves and i took them pictures as to try and capture them..so it was conscious invitation..and it seems like the one that materialized was a direct reply for that..

a few of weeks later at night we had our house rattled by helicopters that didn't have lights that seemed to go in a circle above our house for like a half hour...and i took my cam out to see if i could see them to take video , and i might have caught what was like some kind of entity on our deck..what was odd is that it dissolved into view and away..like taking powder in your hand and blowing it off slowly ..
And to me and my wife could see it in the video clearly..but to anyone else they either cant see it or see something else..it is difficult to see I admit..not all in focus or in frame..just off to the side in a corner of say like 10 frames..
other then that..nothing anything really out of the ordinary ..

as for the video last night..usually they show up in video, without invitation even..but i tryed to shoot some last night and it turned out empty..not even one..and thats unusual lol...I will try every night here to see if anything comes through..I think after a few nights i may stop..

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Anyhow what happened later may or may not be a coincidence I will share it anyway. As the light was going off out of sight I shouted out something like..Why dont you come and visit us at home..
Well we got home my partner is convinced time was missing I cannot vouch for that.

same hillock in front of us started to glow. Well the glow came out from behind it. It was the same distinctive blue outer hue of the orb. The blue kind of grew in size. I flashed my headlights at it but the headlights where stronger and dissipated the light. As it got bigger I felt my left sinus starting to hurt and my left eye started to stream water. My girlfriend had a similar sensation. She described it as being held underwater. Like a pressure thing or something.

UH OH!!

Have you shared this in the UFO forum? Awesome!

Thanks for sharing with us.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Originally posted by E†E
reply to post by sled735

yea we get alllot of pollen around here in the pine forest - maybe its all pine pollen..as for paranormal, we have lived in this house since 98 i belive, and nothing odd ever happened, we had someone stay over for a week once and while we were gone for like two days they watched the house for us..she said she heard someone yell 'Hey!' (female voice) following a slammed door..freaked her out..she begged us to come back fast..lol

Sounds like whatever is there didn't like the fact that a stranger was in your house, and let her know it! LOL

a few of weeks later at night we had our house rattled by helicopters that didn't have lights that seemed to go in a circle above our house for like a half hour...and i took my cam out to see if i could see them to take video , and i might have caught what was like some kind of entity on our deck..what was odd is that it dissolved into view and away..like taking powder in your hand and blowing it off slowly ..

Now, that is interesting! I wonder what the helicopters were looking for?

It could have been an alien craft they were after, and the alien is what you saw dissolve on your porch?

I would like to see that video you were talking about, if you can share it.

Interesting, to say the least! Thanks for sharing with us.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Wow!

Thank your for sharing your account. I can't say that had any sensations other than the hair standing up on my neck, arms and eyes watering.... just plainly freaked out and scared. My whole account only lasted seconds.

At least... finally, I am not alone in seeing an "orb" or some other phenomena along this size. The one thing that is caught my attention is both our experiences were very near the ocean and at night.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Awesome!!!

That had to be a freaky experience!

I have read in different threads (including my paranormal thread) that orange orbs are "alien" visitors.
I have no idea.

Thanks for sharing your story.

I honestly don't know what it was, Paranormal or Extra Terrestrial. It is possible my account may be better suited for the UFO Forum.... I simply don't know.

I can say that my ex-wife used to wake up to blue orbs floating over us in our bedroom (same town/general area) I grew up in this corner of N. California and can definitely say there a few strange happenings over the years there.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

its hard to see but you can try the original video is inside this folder , it has a .mov extension

silent-company.com...

had a discussion on this once here on th ATS i posted a few pics to help people see what i was seeing..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by E†E

Thanks. I couldn't get the video to upload without creating an account with that place. I don't want to do that at this time. But I do appreciate you coming back with the video.

I read the OP in your thread too. I think it must be gone from there... posted in 2008? All I got was a blank screen come up.

Dang! I would love to see these.

ETA: I did see the pictures you were talking about. I can't make out what that image is.

edit on 6/29/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Notice how you never see part of one, say halfway behind a piece of furniture?

Thought you might be interested in seeing this pick I took westcoast. I was awakened back in 2010 with a start at 2AM, unnerved and tingling with goosebumps all over my body from a nightmare that someone or something heavy was lying on top of me. Grace, our Doberman (recently deceased 6/13), who used to sleep on the floor next to my bed, was whining and alerting on the open bedroom door, so I grabbed my camera and took this picture. It shows an orb partially hidden by the door jamb. This image is significant because skeptics often say that orbs are just dust particles on the lens or lens flare. It is hard to see how this could be either of those considering that it is an incomplete sphere clearly positioned part way behind the jamb. The red circle indicates the original position. The green circle is the original scaled-up for easier viewing.

Lord that house was chock full of ghosts and God knows what else. I was so glad to move to another, much nicer, spiritually inert house.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Elbereth because: clarify

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Elbereth

AWESOME!!!! I can see a face in it too!

That's wild!!!

Thanks for sharing the pic.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I have no idea what it is either lol

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:31 PM