It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Story of how the Bible came about, in 3 minutes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Imagine a very long time ago, there was a very smart person. His name was "God". Or he claimed to be "the God". Either way, he noticed there is a spirit in us humans. He also noticed that people need a guide, somebody to lead them on a path that is good for them. So he selected a few leaders, called them shepards and referred to the people as sheep. He had a son with similar qualities as himself, so he made him his chief sheppard.

In order for the sheep to listen to him and to follow his orders, he had them worship this trinity, the God (himself), the son and the Holy Spirit. He gave his other shepards assignments to write stories, either real events or fables or fiction stories. The main objective was to promote his organization and the advancement of the people. His son later selected the best ones to be put together in a collection.

The organization became so successful that it became a worldwide religion. After the old man had died the son took his place and called himself the "Pope". The most powerful of the shepards often called themselves Lord, in order to be able to make laws to control the sheep, and to enrich themselves by collecting taxes. They archived the stories to be included in a "Book" through a process called canonization.

Eversince Religion has been used to control and exploit "sheep".

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Now thats deep..........ill pray for you, ..... friend....

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I could almost entertain that possibility IF most of the population actually behaved like the kind of Christians described in the bible. Most do not behave in that manner and if the "writer" was that intelligent, then he should have known that would be the case and saved his time IMO.

The population of sheep are controlled because they are weak and would rather have big government mother them and provide for them instead of growing a pair and standing up for what is right whether it is right "for them specifically" or not.
edit on 6/24/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I believe there are two separate stories there. One is of an enlightened man who tries to share his knowledge with his fellow men. Knowledge of greater purpose, the soul and possibly a creator. The second story is of those that would use their greater intelligence to broker power. They do it in the same way as the enlightened man but with half truths and manipulation. Both men are more intelligent them most. Both may even be enlightened to a degree. Both use this power over us. But one seeks to evolve you spiritually, the other has a smaller worldview and seeks only to hold power in this life. To control here and now. These are the people in power now.

Also, religion is not the only tool used to control. In east Asia the Atheist and Non Religious are the majority. Hows that working out for them?

I see it as two evils. One uses greater purpose and a higher power to control you (religion). The other replaces your natural value system with that of the monetary system. Both of them are powerful means of control.
edit on 24-6-2013 by StrangeTimez because: Added monetary system to control mechanisms.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

Dear ThinkingHuman>,

Are you really thinking? Imagine that someone 4,000 years ago came up with what you have hypothesized and got it all right, wouldn't that be pretty amazing? What human is capable of such a feat, I have not met them. Lincoln said it best, you can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time; but, you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. 2,000 years is a long time.

Do you understand why some here believe there are secret societies that have been controlling the world for 6,000 years, it is because they don't believe in God. They see that the world is on a path; but, wish to believe that someone 6,000 years ago figured it all out and created a system to control us. Why would someone who didn't believe in eternity even bother worrying about anyone other than their own family and the future if they thought they were all that mattered?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hmmm... Now that is an interesting thought. However their are so many influences from many different religions, the right concoction of the education of people (more people reading, followed by that thing invented by Johannes Gutenberg) plus the evolving philosophy at the time. It really couldn't have been planned for a better time.

With a wonderful culture filled with great philosophers, engineers, and writers why do you think man needed a guide? I think you might mean that this man thought man needed a single god to focus on. It's debatable about early Judaism being polytheistic or monotheistic at this time in history, but this was last on the minds of rulers. As long as the empire got their taxes, they could careless what you believed. This is one reason why the Persians and Romans became so massive without revolts.

So why would he want to create chaos?

Nonetheless...
Their are also key role players, so I don't think the man known as God or his son could write everything. We know Paul has written a lot of material that is in the bible. Maybe he's a suspect, who knows?
The book of John was written for the more intelligent and philosophical people during its time. It was written in Greek and shows one example of outside influence when the book of John starts as, "in the beginning their was the word" this goes to the Greek philosophy of Logos
This is just one example of many of how the outside forces influenced the foundation of Christianity. It's like a big melting pot of ideas.

I like the creativity of your idea, maybe if it was a group and not just a man and his son who recruit people. But we only know what we know and we don't know how it exactly went down, or else a lot of people would still be alive today.
edit on 24-6-2013 by AudioGhost because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Why would someone who didn't believe in eternity even bother worrying about anyone other than their own family and the future if they thought they were all that mattered?

Star for you. I have never thought of that, but it does make sense. Being a believer myself I have heard many arguments and this one ranks right up there IMO.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Ummm...what?

Saint Peter was the first pope. Thousands of years after the Law was written.

And most governments in the days of Christ brutally executed those who spread the teachings of Christ.

And if "love your enemy as you love yourself" is wrong...

...what the hell is right?

Hate? Fear? Arrogance?

People should actually read the book before submitting a review.

Right?

No?

Lol...o... k...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
OP theory doesn't match the motive.. Rome did accept Christianity as a way to tax and take in tidings due to its popularity that's nothing new William Cooper broke that. As a protestant though I've never been forced or controlled into anything I could see how Catholics or Muslim's could look that way.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Why would someone who didn't believe in eternity even bother worrying about anyone other than their own family and the future if they thought they were all that mattered?

Cheers, AQ. Not everybody is average. Just think of Leonardo Da Vinci, or Einstein. How do secret societies relate to this topic?

I think you need to explain your point in more detail. "Why would someone who didn't believe in eternity even bother worrying about anyone other than their own family?" Are you implying that Alexander the Great, Caesar, even Hitler believed in "eternity"? How did you come to that conclusion?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I whole heartedly believe this to be truth. More so that the bible lol

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AudioGhost

I like the creativity of your idea, maybe if it was a group and not just a man and his son who recruit people. But we only know what we know and we don't know how it exactly went down, or else a lot of people would still be alive today.

Thank you, I said one 'very smart person' for simplicity sake, not to exclude the possibility that there were several. However, in every group there is one leader, that is the one I was referring to in my story.

I disagree with your statement that 'they could careless what you believed'. Jews have been persecuted eversince antiquity. During the time of Jesus, the non-Jewish Roman Empire tried to gain full control over Canaan but the people there revolted and the Romans saw the Jews for that reason as enemies.

It is true that the control over people through their faith is not absolute. But it is significant. Just think how many Christians there are in the world today. They largely support similar forms of governments and similar foreign policy. Countries with Muslim or Buddhist beliefs have very different attitudes toward their community and the world community.

Notice, in order to be accepted by the Christian God, there is only one requirement: faith. Not morality.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Come, come, the bible is founded on pagan beliefs, whether modern religious people like it or not.

Those beliefs involve and importantly link mankind to the earth we live on and the (heavens) planets and stars etc. They thought that the planets in our Solar Sytem reflected back to us certain traits of character early man observed throughout mankind. A small example and (without tracing all the ancient world's different cultures names for just a couple of planets), eg. Mercury - the God of Communication and Mars, the God of War. Simple observations were made that there are different types of personality eg some people were good at chatting and oratory - Mercurion and others were hot tempered or simply very energetic - Arian.

When one today thinks of God, uneducated people merely think of a Father figure. However in the scientific world we are now thinking along the lines of the initial God cell that instigates life, or as ancient man and the bible put it 'breathes out' life from the void.

In fact isn't it time to ask how on earth within reasonable consideration, did we project from the initial life-energy creating cell to fastforward that cell within our minds into a father figure, all one can surmise is - man's ego because those who instigated these ideals, ignor the fact that we are a very recent species in their Father figure's line of evolution. Many religions teach one cannot 'know' God, or the Godhead.

Ancient peoples over vast amounts of time observed the sky, and what they saw was an element of cyclic chaos, creativity and destruction all existing up there and as indeed with our own interpretation of it, down here.

Lastly I would make the point that Christ himself referred to the planets as powers which is a somewhat strange concept if one takes our understanding today of where Christ thought all power came from eg a Father figure.`

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Come, come, the bible is founded on pagan beliefs, whether modern religious people like it or not.

Those beliefs involve and importantly link mankind to the earth we live on and the (heavens) planets and stars etc. They thought that the planets in our Solar Sytem reflected back to us certain traits of character early man observed throughout mankind. A small example and (without tracing all the ancient world's different cultures names for just a couple of planets), eg. Mercury - the God of Communication and Mars, the God of War. Simple observations were made that there are different types of personality eg some people were good at chatting and oratory - Mercurion and others were hot tempered or simply very energetic - Arian.

When one today thinks of God, uneducated people merely think of a Father figure. However in the scientific world we are now thinking along the lines of the initial God cell that instigates life, or as ancient man and the bible put it 'breathes out' life from the void.

In fact isn't it time to ask how on earth within reasonable consideration, did we project from the initial life-energy creating cell to fastforward that cell within our minds into a father figure, all one can surmise is - man's ego because those who instigated these ideals, ignor the fact that we are a very recent species in their Father figure's line of evolution. Many religions teach one cannot 'know' God, or the Godhead.

Ancient peoples over vast amounts of time observed the sky, and what they saw was an element of cyclic chaos, creativity and destruction all existing up there and as indeed with our own interpretation of it, down here.

Lastly I would make the point that Christ himself referred to the planets as powers which is a somewhat strange concept if one takes our understanding today of where Christ thought all power came from eg a Father figure.`

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Dam, hit the rong bit. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

Now thats deep..........ill pray for you, ..... friend....

I appreciate the prayer. Prayer is something personal, sincere. Organized religion is not entirely bad, but people with power usually use that power for their own benefit. I am not trying to blame them for that, I am just pointing out the fact.

When people claim to represent God, or to be speaking for Him, and claim to know what is His "will", I am just a little bit suspicious.

You do know that the Catholic church was the greatest land owner in Europe for many centuries, right?

edit on 24-6-2013 by ThinkingHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Eversince Religion has been used to control and exploit "sheep".

Religion is of man - pick up scripture and it declares this throughout. Our Saviour had one message and that is - be YE reconciled to God. For 2,000 years that offer to be part of His new creation, in Christ, has been extended to wayward humanity. The simple observation of thousands of religions on this planet declares that we are created with an inherent knowledge of the Creator/Creation existence, yet only one Faith declares that it is God alone who saves - that all other paths are of man from the minds of men. Whether that be rituals such as mind altering meditation, rosary heads, lighting incense, getting tattoos, whipping oneself, deprivation or even the thinking that if "I'm just good enough", they are all fig leaves - man's attempt at covering his own nakedness. But yet, your Creator stands ready to cover us in the garments of His righteousness unto salvation. Therefore, continuing to believe that religion of and from men can save you is utter foolishness. But as prophetic Judea shows us all, man will go as far as killing Jesus in its envy and want of control over their fellow man. They understood how Jesus Christ sets one free. Which is why the same wicked men today have overcome the western nations and the multitudes descended from Christians - by simply getting them to love and worship sin which hardens their hearts and by stirring up pride which exalts man. Just as the wicked leaders and teachers swayed the crowds to shout 'crucify him', the very same wicked teachers and leaders today have merely done the same today, crucifying Christ and faith in so many today. After all, they desire the control and they cannot rule over those whose minds have been set free.

With minds not set free, the overcome cannot see how scientism, like the RCC, calls all who refuse to bow to it's proclamations as truth - heretics. With minds not set free, the overcome cannot fathom that they are the swayed crowds of Judea calling for Jesus to be crucified. With minds not set free, the overcome spit and mock the Saviour of the World as their very teachers and leaders call Christians mentally ill whilst those in Judea accused Jesus of being demon possessed. With minds not set free, the overcome cannot fathom that the growing movement to define "hate speech" propaganda is merely the same as the Pharisees being offended at the Truth and His words from Father which "offended them". What does this show us all? That the battle is not against blood and flesh but against spiritual wickedness in high places - men in their warped minds who glory in their shame and who rebel in their lawlessness.

In which case, your last statement is true. "Be YE reconciled to God" is not through any religion - it is through faith in and of the faithfulness of Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God. The way was established for man to walk with God as His son, His new creation of man. This is the body of Christ. This is the ekklesia. This is the new creation which they keep you from simply by getting you to dwell in and exalt the flesh and carnal mind. The serpent eats dust and it is the dust it needs you to dwell in. So whilst you think that the Bible says one thing because you believe what the vipers tell you that it says, it speaks an entirely opposite message to your spirit and mind. What better way to oppress people than to get them to not want to hear the very power of God - the gospel unto eternal salvation which frees oneself of that oppression? You end up rejecting that salvation because you believed the vipers, and in turn, turn to them and their mental oppression. In the process, you believe the viper which states that man can save himself, and thus you join it's myriad of religions all created by man? None of these wicked men want you to know that salvation is solely of God. Can you not see why? Religion or the religion of humanism, science, will never save know matter how many times you are told otherwise. There is a reason why His name means "God saves". You've only got two choices - believe man who wants to oppress and control you or trust in your Creator who declares  "And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." and “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.” One started religion the other considers religion to be helping the orphans and widow - the oppressed and helpless. Jesus said who was neighbourly - the one who went out and showed God's mercy just as He did - bandaging wounds and annointing with oil those beaten up by the thieves who only come to steal, kill and destroy by placing themselves between you and God, who has singularly commanded all to repent and have a change of mind and heart.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Two pertinent questions arise here ,
A) Who wrote the Book of Love?
and B) Who wrote the bible?
Some Nicean monk taking dictation from the Emperor?
Theres as much guarantee that the named authors wrote their namesake chapters as there is on a dollar bill these days....nada.....
Considering many "books" were written long after the author had passed......
The hope of ever finding out the answer to either question.....runs about the same.......

As well i hasten to add that psychopaths do NOT EVER repent.
edit on 24-6-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

salvation is solely of God

Sir, you clearly have strong faith. I don't want to counter your arguments because I believe that faith is a good thing. I stress that I believe that (but as in all my posts I make a clear distinction between what I believe and what I think).

I posted my story in "Conspiracies in Religion" because I do not put my faith into authors who I know extremely little about, if not nothing. In many cases I don't even know the century that it was written in, or the language, and even less about the contemporary culture. How can I judge if what they say is true. (It is nearly impossible to figure that out about today's authors).

So maybe you can tell me how you can base your faith on something that cannot be supported by unbiased opinions (much less confirmed to be true). Why do you not find it more likely that they just wrote those things because of their own self-interest (because they were being paid a salary by the church)?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join