It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Story of how the Bible came about, in 3 minutes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shiloh7
Come, come, the bible is founded on pagan beliefs, whether modern religious people like it or not.

Those beliefs involve and importantly link mankind to the earth we live on and the (heavens) planets and stars etc. They thought that the planets in our Solar Sytem reflected back to us certain traits of character early man observed throughout mankind. A small example and (without tracing all the ancient world's different cultures names for just a couple of planets), eg. Mercury - the God of Communication and Mars, the God of War. Simple observations were made that there are different types of personality eg some people were good at chatting and oratory - Mercurion and others were hot tempered or simply very energetic - Arian.

When one today thinks of God, uneducated people merely think of a Father figure. However in the scientific world we are now thinking along the lines of the initial God cell that instigates life, or as ancient man and the bible put it 'breathes out' life from the void.

In fact isn't it time to ask how on earth within reasonable consideration, did we project from the initial life-energy creating cell to fastforward that cell within our minds into a father figure, all one can surmise is - man's ego because those who instigated these ideals, ignor the fact that we are a very recent species in their Father figure's line of evolution. Many religions teach one cannot 'know' God, or the Godhead.

Ancient peoples over vast amounts of time observed the sky, and what they saw was an element of cyclic chaos, creativity and destruction all existing up there and as indeed with our own interpretation of it, down here.

Lastly I would make the point that Christ himself referred to the planets as powers which is a somewhat strange concept if one takes our understanding today of where Christ thought all power came from eg a Father figure.`

ScientISM is a religion. It therefore keeps men from Our Creator through alternate dogma and beliefs - of men. For centuries the occult has written looking forward to the day when science combines with knowledge, their esoteric knowledge that is. What pray tell was the dark and middle Ages characterised by but the oft repeated claim of science controlled by religion? One just has to look around and see that science is joining occultism because it is that group which controls all funding. One look at NASA branding tells you that it is religious. Therefore, it will "prove" occultic beliefs of monism/pantheism. Children trust their parents not to lie to them come Christmas morning, and so those presents labeled "from Santa" are taken as lying signs and wonders. Likewise people trust today's science organisations and will believe them and their evidence.

None of which you wrote is contained within scripture. But what is ? The simple truth is that man either worships the created or the Creator - and that the former group do so because they suppress the truth that creation points to a Creator. You write "When one today thinks of God, uneducated people merely think of a Father figure. However in the scientific world we are now thinking along the lines of the initial God cell that instigates life, or as ancient man and the bible put it 'breathes out' life from the void.", yet you cannot see that you have it entirely backwards. Creation is evident, therefore a Creator exists. But you want to say that there is a "god cell" yet deny God ! Open any occult literature and that is the very belief espoused and believed.

There are only two groups of people - those who worship the Creator and those who worship the created. Godless science, every organisation of which is branded with occult symbology in their logos, has already declared itself to be of the latter. Like a child on Christmas morning, trusting their presents as proof of their claims will see you deceived. Their lying signs and wonders are just that - lying. Jesus repeatedly asked His disciples why they were reasoning and in His reprimand to Peter when He called him Satan, He gave us the key - Peter's mind was filled with the beliefs and thoughts given to him by men and thus, his conclusions were based upon the dogma of men. His mind was filled with the thoughts of men and thus he reasoned with them. You do no differently as you state that the Bible is founded upon pagan beliefs. Pagans worship the created and therefore your claim is just a lie that you've swallowed and regurgitated as if it's fact. No differently than Peter and Jesus called him Satan because of it - his mind was on the thoughts of men.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

The bible is much much more than that. It is an encoded story about the movements of planets and the sun in our solar system and the effects it has on the consciousness of humans. Santos Bonacci does one of the best jobs explaining it. Here a video to start if your interested.

There is so much more on the subject it is almost impossible not to see the connection between the SUN and Jesus.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
There are more than two kinds of coca cola fer petes sake...theres all kinds of people.....
There are a plethora of schools of thought on the subject.
There are people who are slaves the everything from Cocaine to kingdom come.
if theres a God, he dont want slaves...He wants COMPANY.....
Godding is the loneliest job in the multiverse.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Leaders, shepards lead the sheep on a path that the sheep cannot understand. They do not represent the interest of the people, hence they represent the interests of "God".

That thought makes the question "Do you believe in God" rather more relevant, doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm really not trying to be unkind but you really should talk to someone about paranoia. Sometime we suffer delusions when we are certain within ourselves that "they" are out to get us. I am a Christian and I can tell you that Jesus is real. And the Pope is a Catholic creation not a Christian creation. Popes didn't show up on the scene until hundreds of years after the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ the Lord.

edit on 24-6-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yeah hence Gods and the bibles stupid teaching
Love God and love each other.
How dumb is that, sheesh stupid Christians and their stupid love message

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

I'm really not trying to be unkind but you really should talk to someone about paranoia. Sometime we suffer delusions when we are certain within ourselves that "they" are out to get us. I am a Christian and I can tell you that Jesus is real. And the Pope is a Catholic creation not a Christian creation. Popes didn't show up on the scene until hundreds of years after the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ the Lord.

My suggestion for you is, if you don't want to be unkind, then don't be unkind. Maybe, you misunderstand the whole idea behind the story. I am not trying to claim that the first Pope came about right after "God" had died. That is too funny to even contemplate.

But if this is the main detail you find deviating from the reality, then I am more satisfied than I would have expected.

On another note, I consider it a complement to be accused of paranoia here on ATS because it is done by people who deny the obvious, the possibility of a conspiracy. Those are often the people who see a speeding train approaching and don't see the danger until it hits.

So what exactly do you mean by "Jesus is real"?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Yeah hence Gods and the bibles stupid teaching
Love God and love each other.
How dumb is that, sheesh stupid Christians and their stupid love message

I did not suggest the teaching of the Bible was stupid. Quite the contrary. I said it guides or leads us. I said that the founder, his son and his selected shepards were unusally smart.

There is nothing wrong with the message to love one another. But to love "God", whom nobody has ever met (John 1:18 "No man has seen God at any time") is irrational. You "love" some imaginary figure just because somebody told you that "He" created the universe?

Do you love Santa Claus also?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Please explain the bold statement and be very detailed so as to avoid further inquiry. For example, the day and location as well as the actual manifestation of Him.

Also, why exactly should anyone believe you or anyone else just because they are "a Christian" and make statements such as "I can tell you...". I mean so what?? In fact you being a christian makes you even more suspect that you may be in fact misleading others by saying that "Jesus is Real" since as a Christian it better severs you own self interest and belief system.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless

There are quite convincing records on when different parts were finally written down after generations of word of mouth.
Exactly, the records indicate that they were written GENERATIONS after they had been transmitted by word of mouth, and after the events had occured. What makes you believe they had not changed?

Who transmitted them orally and who wrote them down, after GENERATIONS , were those writers biased or unbiased? What do you know about those people that you trust them with your (blind) faith?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Man, I was hoping for one of those cliff note cartoon jobbers.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

....What makes you think that I believe they have not changed?
I have no faith, as I have no religion.
Do you have a point? It is about time that you make it.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Wow. That was a H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E history.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman

....What makes you think that I believe they have not changed?
I have no faith, as I have no religion.
Do you have a point? It is about time that you make it.

It is hard to have a bigger point than telling you that you're incorrectly thinking that I'm believing the contents of the bible and that I would have faith in some religion, when your questions and statements assume so.
What is your point?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

he had them worship this trinity, the God (himself), the son and the Holy Spirit.

The trinity should be Father, Mother and Child.

Male/Female/Offspring sounds much more important to me...IMHO of course..

I think the GOD got into the trinity for control...
edit on 24-6-2013 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Does the OP understand the Council of Nicea?
When Constantine had the basic christian bible created?
Anyone remember when? 1300s??
Anyways...long after Jesus was or was not crucified depending on which side yer on......
The first five books only are older stuff....(supposedly Mosses work....)
and the rest are christian text written down hundreds of years after the namesakes were dead....
Paul was certainly not a christ like christian thinker at times either....so there are some inconsistencies which arise.....
The left out books of the bible tell a much more detailed story at odds somewhat with dogma as well.....
Then there are the many different TRANSLATIONS of the book.....
These are at odds too at times....
With so much worldly wealth and power ridng on this one book, i find it impossible to believe it is not tampered with by more than one group.
You would think that God would have ONE book.....
Or that miracle of miracles .......many would agree ,instead of disagree......
After following the dogmas for some decades it gets harder and harder to find any HOLINESS within these organisations....
And one must look for other inspiration for the spirit.
Im not complaining really, but havent mankind done sufficient yet to call it in?
do we have to proceed further with this deadly charade?
Humans are truely cannibals who eat not only each other, but they eat their young too.......
No God in his right mind could find redeemable qualities in any abundance....they are the exception not the rule....

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired

The trinity should be Father, Mother and Child.

Male/Female/Offspring sounds much more important to me...IMHO of course..

I think the GOD got into the trinity for control...
You are right, there is more than one kind of trinity. Another one is physical, emotional, spiritual. Maybe the smart founder (whoever that was) noticed that too and that's why he used it in his religious principles.

Notice that churches are often built in a style (in particular baroque and gothic) where there are 3 windows or doors side by side and the one in the middle is larger than the other two. Jesus was also crucified in between two lesser criminals.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join