It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House tweets Pic of Obama playing with toy gun on Father's day. EDIT TO ADD: These pics are f

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GMan420
This picture is at least a year old.

www.nypost.com...

Thanks, for that.
I was led to believe that the pics were from this year.
Sorry about that.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Are you serious? Can't really tell if you are having a laugh or off your rocker....

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by GMan420
This picture is at least a year old.

www.nypost.com...

Nice catch.

OP, you are busted!

Not so much busted, but was lead astray by the linked article.
I had edited the OP to reflect what I know now.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
OMG! I let my daughter play paintball last week. She's going to go on a murder spree now!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer

Are you serious? Can't really tell if you are having a laugh or off your rocker....

At this point, I am having a laugh, since I was led astray by the article that I linked in the OP.

I originally wanted to point out the hypocrisy of the President playing with guns when our schools are having 'buyback' programs for toy guns. The educators today and in the past have wanted toy guns out of kids hands. The NEA has been a big contributor to the President, I haven't seen him saying that the way schools are handling toy guns, pointing index fingers and poptart expulsions are way overboard and silly.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I originally wanted to point out the hypocrisy of the President playing with guns when our schools are having 'buyback' programs for toy guns. The educators today and in the past have wanted toy guns out of kids hands. The NEA has been a big contributor to the President, I haven't seen him saying that the way schools are handling toy guns, pointing index fingers and poptart expulsions are way overboard and silly.

Now see, this is what I love about the die hard obama haters. Be damned with facts. To hell with actual reasons to be upset with him, lets just make stuff up.

so.... you are upset that the president hasn't come out to suggest suspending a kid over a poptart is bad. You know he has about zero direct control over stuff like that, right? You do realize that's up to the schools, and in fact, I'd be surprised if Obama even knew about the instances of kids getting in trouble for being kids,.

Don't get me wrong, it's silly, I agree. But you can blame the school administrator, not the president. He's not a god. But see, you aren't even really blaming him.

You are calling it hypocrisy that the president hasn't condemned a practice he has no control over. It's still a fail bud.

Now, I'm not saying Alex Jones raped and murdered a 12 year old boy in 1987, but he sure isn't coming out denying it.

Now, I'm not saying Obama supports clubbing baby seals to death, but he sure hasn't come out against it.

edit on 17-6-2013 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Totally agree they are overboard and silly, same can be said for having a go at Obama for playing with his kids in the confines of his own residence. He hasn't outlawed guns totally and I am pretty damn sure he hasn't outlawed kids toys.
edit on 17/6/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

Totally agree they are overboard and silly, same can be said for having a go at Obama for playing with his kids in the confines of his own residence....

No no no, you missed the point. It's not that Obama was playing with a water gun, it's that he hasn't come out and said punishing kids for poptarts that look like guns is bad. That's why we're supposed to be upset.

Yeah, lets forget the NSA, and the economy, lets forget the bailouts, lets forget all of that, and just concentrate on the things Obama hasn't come out being against.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

It is my opinion that the President has fostered an anti-gun mentality during his time (thus far) in office.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

lets forget the NSA

I haven't, that's for certain.

There are those that would, and still support the Obama Administration and the NSA on this.... one of the posters on the first page does.

I certainly don't.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
same can be said for having a go at Obama for playing with his kids in the confines of his own residence.

Camp David. The OP/his source were so desperate in finding a sensationalist story that they failed to realized the house in the pic isn't even the White House!

edit on 17-6-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Cap guns are Kinetic Energy. Water gun are a spray of water.

Don't mean to be picky, but there is more kinetic energy involved in a spraying super-soaker than a cap gun.

I understand in your post that one day the toy cap gun was indistinguishable from a toy water gun, but here I seriously doubt President Obama is holding a cap gun.

Then you should also understand from my post that a half-eaten PopTart looks nothing like a 'cap gun', but is enough to get a kid in trouble/expelled from school.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Butcher, I normally love your posting and agree with the majority of it. This one though? Well.... Obama has done serious things and continues to do real things to be called on the carpet for. This seems like a silly distraction and nit picking to extremes, doesn't it? I mean, Obama is two very different people. He's the President and he's the head of his private family. I'd be more concerned than I am now if he didn't show a very different and relaxed side....much like any other Dad, when 'alone' with his Family.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Then you should also understand from my post that a half-eaten PopTart looks nothing like a 'cap gun', but is enough to get a kid in trouble/expelled from school.

So, what you are saying is that you would like to see President Obama expand his powers to an unprecedented level; skipping over the local school boards, city councils, state legislatures, governors and judicial systems so that he may begin pardoning school children from their suspensions? So much for small government and states rights...
edit on 17-6-2013 by LeatherNLace because: formatting

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Everyone be happy that this is the USA and we can all play with squirt guns in the summer.
Try playing with toy water guns in Iran. It'll get you arrested. The kids get jailed for it.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Certainly not!

He could mention that school administrators are loony for punishing children for eating a Poptart in the wrong manner. He could also say that toy guns are acceptable for his kids. He makes his views well known about all sorts of less consequential things.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Butcher, I normally love your posting and agree with the majority of it. This one though? Well.... Obama has done serious things and continues to do real things to be called on the carpet for. This seems like a silly distraction and nit picking to extremes, doesn't it? I mean, Obama is two very different people. He's the President and he's the head of his private family. I'd be more concerned than I am now if he didn't show a very different and relaxed side....much like any other Dad, when 'alone' with his Family.

I am nitpicking. No doubt about it.
I'll admit to trying to pile more on to his many issues.
He can post pics of himself shooting a shotgun at Camp David, but he is anti-gun. We heard from a reporter that he can't even stand going to Camp David, right after he lied about going up there shooting 'all the time'.
Yeah, I dislike him and what he stands for.... just like George W. Bush, and I think a whole line of Presidents before them.

I am libertarian, so it fits that I would dislike a whole slew of politicians.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If this kind of minor abstract hypocrisy bothers you, I recommend that you stay away from politics. You wont like what you see.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I am nitpicking. No doubt about it.
I'll admit to trying to pile more on to his many issues.

You know, that is so rare to hear anyone come right out and honestly say without hedging or playing games about it, I have to respect it. Completely. S/F for the thread after that and not a bad one, taken in that clear context.

*Now if such a thing started a trend.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

This is what I was going to say.
If Obama was preaching against water guns, then this pic would show blatant hypocrisy. But he is not responsible for the gun hysteria being played out in our school systems across the country. The shooters in the many recent tragedies are.

I do appreciate the OP admitting that he is nit-picking and making a "nothing" issue into something.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join