It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despicable: Cockroach Jesse Ventura suing wife of slain SEAL Chris Kyle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I've repeated my point numerous times in this thread just as you have. You aren't going to change my mind nor I yours, so lets just agree to completely disagree because I hate repeating myself.

How do I know he hangs out in SEAL bars? Well, that's where this all started, right? Kyle claiming to have knocked out Ventura in a SEAL bar.
edit on 1-6-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Swills

You do know why Kyle claimed he punched Ventura, right? It has nothing to do with Ventura calling himself a SEAL.

No, it has to do with him telling the truth which has been shown he hasn't in the past.

If he is going to lie about his military service what makes you think he wouldn't lie about this?

What? It has to do with him telling the truth? So you're saying Chris Kyle claimed to have knocked out Ventura because of some kind of truth?

Simple question for you, why did Kyle claim to have knocked out Ventura in that SEAL bar?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Ah okay, he did serve in Iraq and was a combat vet. I only recall at the time of the shooting sources claiming he never went overseas, and I do believe they also claimed he was stationed in the US only. I didn't follow up since then. Thanks for the info.

There are reports that he was a neighbor of Mr.Kyle, and his mother had actually reached out and contacted Mr.Kyle about trying to help her son.

The problem is that any report on this man usually ends up talking about Chris Kyle and what he has done and less about the man that committed the crime.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Simple question for you, why did Kyle claim to have knocked out Ventura in that SEAL bar?

From the man himself....

and if you want to here more from him here is the full interview...

I listened live and this was a very good interview.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

And there you go, Kyle's claims of why he claims to have knocked out Ventura that day and it has nothing to do with the SEALs not wanting Jesse there because he claims he was a SEAL or them just not liking him. Kyle even says Ventura was there to speak a graduating BUD/S class. So from your perspective, how does a non SEAL speak to a graduating BUD/S class? Clearly, the SEALs consider Ventura as one of their own.

Kyle claims Ventura was bad mouthing the war and that soldiers deserved to die in that war. That's one hell of an accusation that so far hasn't been proven and I completely understand why Ventura is still fighting his case in court.

I'm a war vet who completely disagrees with our foreign policy, especially the false/lie war that was Iraq, but I will never say my fellow military members deserve to die and I assume Ventura would never say such a thing either.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

He was not a Navy seal. He was part of the unit that LATER became known as the Navy Seals.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Just another smear thread. Kyle was a mass murderer, bragged about it, and made money from it. Perhaps you are aiming your high powered moral perception at the wrong guy.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
A pro wrestler, and a politician.
Both careers defined by major amounts of Truth tellin'

I think this is JV at the Governor's inaugural ball.

I could be wrong though. The Tux is obviously rented.

Did he have his chin Spackled at a later date?
edit on 1-6-2013 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I'm a war vet who completely disagrees with our foreign policy, especially the false/lie war that was Iraq, but I will never say my fellow military members deserve to die and I assume Ventura would never say such a thing either.

Yet Jesse Ventura has never denied saying those things. His lawsuit comes from the fact he was punched and not that he said those things which caused him to get punched in the first place.

Also it is stated that all proceeds from the book go to the families of the Navy Seals they were mourning so Chris Kyle wasn't doing this to gain personal profits but to help his fellow deceased Seal team members.

So this lawsuit is founded on a fallacy that Kyle was doing this book for personal gains in which it wasn't.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I could be wrong though. The Tux is obviously rented.

I would bet he has that thing hanging in a closet somewhere.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Kyle was a mass murderer, bragged about it, and made money from it.

You do understand that this man was doing his job. This mans job was to keep American soldiers from being killed by those who want to do harm to them.

Also this man had to have the ok to shoot, he didn't just go out and shoot people for no reason.

So in your way of thinking all law enforcement that have used lethal force to save lives are in fact murderers?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Jesse Venture is an American hero - an icon of civility and proper decorum and a good role model as well. Kyle's wife is being belligerent and JV's LAWYERS

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Swills

Yet Jesse Ventura has never denied saying those things. His lawsuit comes from the fact he was punched and not that he said those things which caused him to get punched in the first place.

Also it is stated that all proceeds from the book go to the families of the Navy Seals they were mourning so Chris Kyle wasn't doing this to gain personal profits but to help his fellow deceased Seal team members.

So this lawsuit is founded on a fallacy that Kyle was doing this book for personal gains in which it wasn't.

Now you're just making things up. Jesse does in fact deny saying not only those things but that he was punched by Kyle, even going as far as saying he's never met Kyle in his life. As far as the book proceeds and where they go, I have no clue, but it's no excuse if Kyle is slandering Ventura.

We're done. I've said all that I wanted to say, you can continue to reply but I won't respond.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Another one of those threads that make you wonder why it was even posted. This Chris guy died and his widow gets all the rights to his property. So she is the collecting the profits now. Makes perfect sence why he would ask for her to be the defendent. If anyone thinks all the profits are going to someone else you are wrong. They still make money off it just that they give a little away. Happens all the time. Just like those jars you see at the store. Whatever the cause the store and the group still make money.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Swills

Interesting twist about the proceeds. I wonder, are there records of where the money went.
I found a NYT article that said there were 419,000 copies in print (but that was over a year ago). I'll bet there was a secondary spike in sales when he was killed in such an odd manner.

While I was poking around in other stories, it was also noted by a writer that US Armed forces don't generally refer to any of these shooters, as snipers. Due to a negative connotation? The we say Sharpshooter, or something like that. Is that accurate? That snipers are what we call ENEMY lone shooters.
I've never been in the military, so I don't know.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Now you're just making things up. Jesse does in fact deny saying not only those things but that he was punched by Kyle, even going as far as saying he's never met Kyle in his life.

He hasn't met him you say....

In fact here is what one witness had to say....

Jeremiah Dinnell, an active-duty SEAL, was the exception.

"I heard Ventura say that we shouldn't be over in Iraq, doing what we were doing," he said. "And then he said that the SEALs deserved to lose some guys because of what we were doing.

"That's when Chris punched him. All of us wanted to. Chris was just the first one to pop him."

www.startribune.com...

Hard to beat eyewitness reports that were there.

And it seems he did have a confrontation that day, or are all Seals that were there lying?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Ventura is a con-man and a pig, always has been. He said pretty words to attract a Libertarian Right following and then thumbed his nose at all of America. What good can come of suing a widow that didn't make the statement the original lawsuit was centered on? What a patriotic hero... and by that I mean scumbag opportunist.

SF Semper

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Just following orders. Where have I heard that before?

Protecting occupying troops from the indigenous population to further corporate interests then claiming ignorance, or I was just following orders doesn't really cut it for me. I'm sticking with murderer.

Why in the world would such a moral, upstanding hero brag about killing so many people?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Interesting twist about the proceeds. I wonder, are there records of where the money went.

So far this is all I have been able to find...

Kyle, the son of a church deacon and raised on a ranch, was a committed Christian who never hesitated when a fellow veteran was in need. All the proceeds of his 2012 autobiography American Sniper — which sold 800,000 copies and could have made him a rich man — went to the families of comrades who, as he put it to me when I interviewed him last year, he “could not save”.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

I will keep looking, but it seems that they are going to where he said it was going.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
All proceeds of the book are going to veterans that jesse is a part of and to the family of a fallen hero. I don't see why he just don't let this go. Jesse's problem is that he has lost all faith in GOD and America. Chin up Jesse

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join