It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now required to ask patients of suicidal thoughts??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

but I KNOW how people have been helped by mental health professionals addressing substance abuse, domestic issues, depression/anxiety, child behavioral/emotional disorders, etc.
it is rather intriguing that you did NOT include ... suicidal tendencies in your list, geeee, i wonder why.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Suicidal tendencies would fall under depression/anxiety disorders. Attempted suicide and suicidal thoughts are symptoms of severe clinical depression, suicide is the nail in the coffin, so to speak. No one who's happy attempts to or commits suicide.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by EViLKoNCEPTz
reply to post by Honor93

Suicidal tendencies would fall under depression/anxiety disorders. Attempted suicide and suicidal thoughts are symptoms of severe clinical depression, suicide is the nail in the coffin, so to speak. No one who's happy attempts to or commits suicide.

actually, they wouldn't.
tendencies indicate actions ... thoughts are not actions.
you'd be mistaken on all accounts.
being happy is a decision, not a life status.

plenty of 'happy' people have contemplated, discussed, planned or attempted suicide.
being depressed is not a pre-requisite ... a potential indicator, sure but thoughts do not always lead to actions or we'd have a government that actually works for the people that elected them.
edit on 1-6-2013 by Honor93 because: typo

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

You might want to go take a college level psychology class. Suicide and its associated issues are categorized under depressive disorders.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by EViLKoNCEPTz
reply to post by Honor93

You might want to go take a college level psychology class. Suicide and its associated issues are categorized under depressive disorders.
been there, done that and categorized is just that, nothing more.
perhaps your college class hasn't revealed that truth yet ?

since i've been diagnosed with something that no longer exists ... what do i have now ???
oh yeah, a new CATEGORY, not a new illness

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
It's not so new. I've seen it on forms before ,but not so much from your GP .Never in the ER ,but I haven't worked in an er for quite a few years. I actually did triage at one point ,bit I digress.....

Most everyone has thought of suicide at least once in their life ,and that's all it is for most. A fleeting thought .

I think they want to be able to classify everyone with some sort of psychiatric issue . Theyve made up enough new nonsensical ones to fill a phone book .

It's more gun control nonsense .

Bottom line ,DENY EVERYTHING,DEMAND PROOF

edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I would say ,"only when Obama has pre empted NCIS and Hells Kitchen ,to spew nonsense at the American public for an hour and a half".

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

You might want to do some research on Snopes and Obama .
They blatantly lie for him . I did a bunch of research into it last year ,and they have put up tons of conflicting info about it ,but I'd you muddle thru ,you can find confirmed lies,including one about a lawyer he claims not to know,but its in the judicial records,this lawyer he doesn't know ,defended him in some trial .
Snopes goes with obombas version,which is a provable lie.
I found half a dozen of them .
It's on another forum . I will dig it up when I am coherent ,but snopes is no longer reliable for actual truth I'm afraid ,especially regarding this administration .

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sway33

everything you say, can, and will be used against you.

edit on Sat Jun 1 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed in error

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure they are required to report anyone who answers yes to that question.
That alone is enough for them to deny you your 2nd amendment rights and possibly have you hospitalized against your will.
At a minimum you will probably have a mental health screening and be treated for depression.
SSRI's anyone?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
reply to post by Sankari

You might want to do some research on Snopes and Obama .
They blatantly lie for him . I did a bunch of research into it last year ,and they have put up tons of conflicting info about it ,but I'd you muddle thru ,you can find confirmed lies,including one about a lawyer he claims not to know,but its in the judicial records,this lawyer he doesn't know ,defended him in some trial .
Snopes goes with obombas version,which is a provable lie.
I found half a dozen of them .
It's on another forum . I will dig it up when I am coherent ,but snopes is no longer reliable for actual truth I'm afraid ,especially regarding this administration .

Agreed. And frankly I'm tired of people using Snopes to "debunk" any claims at all as if it were the be-all end-all of knowledge.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

That's what I think it is, a push for pills.

Just another way to soak money out of people or insurance.
However, if someone answers yes, then maybe the pills might not be a bad idea. It should be looked at.
It all depends on the situation, but seems these days, everyone is lumped into categories and the individual is not looked at as much as the chance to get more money for the hospitals.

But that is just my opinion. I once had suicidal ideation, I think they called it. Where the thought of killing myself was constantly being pushed at me even though I personally did not want to die, the brain kept figuring out ways for me to do it. Those pills did help for that.

But to ask everyone? Without any indications that there is something wrong? That seems really suspicious and suggests big companies trying to get every pill out there they can in order to make money before a big move to stop all of these crazy labels like ADHD in all these children who mostly are just kids being hyper like kids do.

The same goes for suicidal thoughts which almost everyone has at some point and time in their lives. It is a pill push, not a gun control issue, but that is just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sway33

well haven't you just demonstrated what a perfect model of sanity you are with those vulgar comments, trying to tell us your not insane or having some other mental health issues by through a temper-tantrum like a 3 year old.

I dont think ATS is the place for you because you clearly dont have the maturity required to be a member here.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
So this is what I thought it was all along...

A gun owner feeling threatened that the govt is waiting outside their door to take their guns...

It has nothing to do with mental health, clinicians, hospitals or anything else. It's just a way to push an agenda, that's great and its your choice but change the title to "Govt wants my guns"

The nerve of a clinician asking if you have suicidal thoughts in a hospital or ACC. Totally out of place and unacceptable!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

it is rather intriguing that you did NOT include ... suicidal tendencies in your list, geeee, i wonder why.

Uh, I thought you were bright enough to understand that SUICIDAL TENDENCIES are CAUSED by depression and anxiety, or PERSONALITY DISORDERS. Guess not.
Homicidal tendencies would be another one I left off - those are called sociopaths. I dealt every day with neurotic and mentally ill people with all sorts of different problems including suicidal and homicidal tendencies.

Any other questions? do a search. I'm not you're teacher and you're not my client. (And I won't bother with giving you a diagnosis, either, but I could, just from your posts here, and I'm qualified to. So there.)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I also live in south-easternsouth-east Ohio and I have never been asked that, not yet anyway! It has been about a year since anyone has been to any local emergency treatment facilities. Last I went was wrist pain. I had a cyst that was huge and pressing on a nerve. I took my kid to the ER at 17 for trying to kill herself. I found out later much later she had been given a med that was not meant for anyone under the age of 18. The med caused suicidal thoughts kids under 18. They went at her like big control @$$£$. I had to step in between them and tell them to back off, they had no idea who she was, what her issues were and they were making things worse. They listened but we're not happy about it. We sat in a room across from the nurses station (a Trina room) all night long! This was about 8/9pm. She had to see someone from mental health that was to be there at 8am. The woman showed up at 3pm and I was not happy. She told me I had to sign an unfilled out bunch of paper work before she could talk to my kid. I told her no, she said well then you will have to just stay here until you do. I told her what I thought wrote on the paper that I was signing it with nothing being filled in the blanks. She labeled my kid as a drug addict. I said why, she said she took your meds to try and take her life. Oh that ticked me off and we went head to head, she then asks how often do you smoke pot. I nearly fell out of my chair. My kid had been home and no were else. I argued that as well and she went to talk to the doc and come to find out one of the meds she took gives a positive reading for pot. So, my point is they do what they want, ask what they want and it is put in your chart . A chart every doctor's office in town (every doctor) can see all of that. I think we have a right to be worried and I think we need to pay close attention to what answers we give. Unless you have a cut that looks like you may have done it to end your life, they have no reason to be asking that. OP, I'm with you red flag!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

gee, didn't you say you are an experienced psycho-something or other??
guess that explains it

fyi, ST doesn't occur without SI or did that escape you too ?

i know plenty of ppl who have never been diagnosed depressed or with an anxiety disorder that have contemplated suicide. (some even acted on it)

i also knew quite a few who committed suicide to alleviate their physical pain which the professionals claimed didn't exist.
are you one of THOSE professional types ??

ideation is normal, tendencies are also within the realm of normalcy depending on the subject and their personal traumas.

ever treat a TBI patient ??
they often experience ideations, daily ... does that mean they will eventually act on it ??
even you can't say.

and here i gave you the benefit of doubt, clearly a mistake on my part.

thankfully, i have encountered more skilled therapists than you appear to be.
any other false claims you'd care to add ?

oh yeah, almost forgot ... nanny, nanny boo-boo.
the aim of these silly questions is not to enhance treatment, it is to qualify LABELING, nothing else.

would you consume a Monsanto cucumber ??
even it's label-free !!!
edit on 1-6-2013 by Honor93 because: typo

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
We are required to ask about suicide, homicide, and if a patient feels safe at home.

Good or bad from a liability standpoint it makes sense. If someone is under your care and kills someone or themself there could have been missed opportunities to prevent it.

Btw, this started in early 2011, well ahead of the current gun control conspiracies.
edit on 1-6-2013 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

If someone is under your care and kills someone or themself there could have been missed opportunities to prevent it.
one does have to wonder how such a missed opportunity enabled the likes of Loughner, Holmes, Lanza and others along the way, eh ??

it would seem those missed opportunities have nothing to do with the inquisitiveness of the caregivers or the skills (or lack thereof) of their therapists.

as another poster mentioned previously ... deny everything and demand proof.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join