It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't there be a Demonstration on July 5th that does not include loaded weapons?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
There is a lot of noise in the alternative media regarding Kokesh and his crazy idea of marching into DC with loaded weapons. Who does that? Not sane people.

And really, this guy seems like an agitator and an agent provocateur. He has some questionable connections. Also anyone that attempts to inflame the masses and coerce them to break the law is not a friend of the Second Amendment.

Maybe it is not the best idea to even conduct a demonstration on the 4th but Friday the 5th will most likely be a holiday. Why not have the law abiding Second Amendment demonstrators use this day.

There are so many online factions against the Koresh march, certainly we could use the same social media to promote a lawful march.

What does everyone think?

edit on 28-5-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Why can't there be a Demonstration on July 5th that does not include loaded weapons?

Because that's not the American way.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Well, I will respectfully disagree. There are a lot of rational thinkers that are Constitutionalists.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

And really, this guy seems like an agitator and an agent provocateur. He has some questionable connections. Also anyone that attempts to inflame the masses and coerce them to break the law is not a friend of the Second Amendment.

How is he and agitator? And what questionable connections does he have?

I really don't see how he is coercing anyone. And exactly what laws would be broken?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Because that's not the American way.

What do you know about the American way? You're Australian.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Ouch,

Well, I suppose we understand peace and common decency a little bit more.
Maybe we're trying to instill some common #&!)(%$&!& sense values?
like how its not a good idea to encourage angry American psychopathic gun nuts to take all their guns gather in one spot and go on and on and on and on and on about how Guns are the American way.

You could use a little Australian common sense.

Instead of guns, why not take a bbq and an esky? or is that a little to hard for your ego driven gun addiction to handle on a Saturday, bubba?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

you owe guns a thankyou for helping you cleanse the land you claim is yours, just like americans. peace my butt.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by oniraug

Yes, the world owes guns a fair bit.
Defeated the English, Defeated the Nazis.. you defeated those old evil Indians too.
How about the kids at Sandyhook, defeated them well and truly.
And the cinema's goers, and the columbine pupils.
Hell we owe guns a lot hey?

Why not shoot a few rounds into the air and celebrate the joyess occasions guns have bought society.

Hang on, isn't guns in war/army different from school yards and suburbia, or are you naive enough to think they are the same thing?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I strongly disagree that Kokesh is crazy and marching on D.C. is a bad idea. It's about time people grow some cojones and stand up to these people. But oh wait, there are other humans that will be there calling themselves "government" and put on this magic uniform that magically exempts them from those laws and grants them extra rights! See how that works? One set of humans calling themselves government gets to use all the loaded weapons they want and march all over D.C., but not those pesky commoners called civilians! Oh, and they get to point those guns at other people and tell them they can't have any. Hypocrisy.
edit on 29-5-2013 by Merlin Lawndart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

A lot of folks in this country don't get it, and I'm pretty sure that Australians, Brits, pretty much the rest of the world don't get it either.

What Kokesh is doing is provocative, but it is also an example of what makes us great, dissent, and standing up to demand that we get back to our roots. I suppose it's o.k that we protest war, stand up and fight for civil rights issues, freedom of speech and all the other constitution rights we have, but not the right to bear arms.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Well first and foremost I think that he is encouraging people to break the law. It is not legal to carry loaded weapons in the District of Columbia.

What are the laws regarding open carry in the District of Columbia?
Open Carry is prohibited In Washington D.C.

Source

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Sankari

Well, I will respectfully disagree. There are a lot of rational thinkers that are Constitutionalists.

I know it.
Good lord though, some people should choose to exercise freedom of speech with silence. I do it all the time. Works great.

I don't think guns have to be anywhere near a protest no.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Well first and foremost I think that he is encouraging people to break the law. It is not legal to carry loaded weapons in the District of Columbia.

What are the laws regarding open carry in the District of Columbia?
Open Carry is prohibited In Washington D.C.

Source

So what if it's illegal? It also used to be illegal for black people to sit on the front of a bus and pee in the white man's toilet. So should Rosa Parks have just sat in the back of the bus and shut her trap in the name of obedience? Breaking the law is the whole point of civil disobedience. Stupid laws are made to be broken.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Agree with you entirely, but that's the sensible way, not the American way....

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
What do you know about the American way? You're Australian.

I'm an Australian with an American sister-in-law and a lot of American friends. I've spent time in the US last year (living on a friend's ranch in Comanche, TX) and I'm going back again this year. So yeah, I do know something about the American way.

Have you ever visited Australia?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

Well, you go ahead and participate. See how far you get promoting your cause. Can't wait to see you on the front page of the Post, CNN, NYT et all on Friday morning.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

It's not illegal to carry in the State of Virginia. They may or may not enter D.C. They are also coordinating with law enforcement.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

A lot of folks in this country don't get it, and I'm pretty sure that Australians, Brits, pretty much the rest of the world don't get it either.

What is there to 'get'?

Kokesh is a provocative loudmouth who wants to make a big noise with a superficial gesture that won't change anything and might get a few folks arrested. Bearing in mind that a felony on your record will prevent you from owning a firearm in most states, it's difficult to see why he thinks that's a good idea.
edit on 29/5/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

No I have not visited Australia. And if I did I would not presume to know what it is like to be an Australian, much less tell an Australian what they should do in their own country..

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Sometimes, from the outside looking in is a lot more useful than being in the thick of it.

If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed;

if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly;

you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case.

You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.

Such a march would be the most powerful message you could send to your Government.

Such a march would be the most powerful message to wake up the rest of America.

You have the right to do so.

P

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join