It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple question re: homosexuality

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by captaintyinknots

So, again, I ask: What is so scary about gay marriage?

Nothing, but seems pretty weird. Why are people making a big deal out of a religious ceremony just like others have said. It doesn't matter just live your life who gives a damn if your married or not. It's obviously all about money, isn't that what everything is about? They want the same benefits that married straight couples get...so you see it's all about GREED or getting their "fair" share.

so straight people getting married is not about 'Greed' but if you are gay it turns into Greed?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123

Originally posted by markosity1973

Originally posted by markosity1973

I would say that a lot of people who are anti gay marriage or anti gay, are in fact themselves gay. Whether they know it or not is a different subject.

Good question, and good luck when the god squad arrive.

That's certainly an interesting perspective. What sources can you provide to back this claim up though?

It's just something I've noticed through life in general. I know a lot of gay people, and a good handful of them are over 60.
It's just my opinion of course.

Opinions are of course always welcome, but I also know a lot of gay folk who would dearly love to marry. I know couples who have gone ahead and got engaged in the hopes that one day they will be able to marry.

Yes i do too. Many many gay people would rather be straight and would love to marry and have children, this is very common.
edit on 27/5/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

Many many gay people would rather be straight? That's wishful thinking more than anywhere near rooted in fact.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Interesting fact however. Before the EF-5 tornado in Moore Oklahoma last week, a couple hours before that there was a gay pride parade. Just something for some folks to think about and wonder over.
I thought and Pondered.

There were about 20 Tornado's in those few Days.
Using your Intelligent Deduction, there must have been 20 Gay Pride Parades.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

so straight people getting married is not about 'Greed' but if you are gay it turns into Greed?

Did I say that? No, just the norm people assuming too much. Married couple get benefits from the government genius, why do you think gays want the same rights...so they can show off their diamond ring? HA!!!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2
OK then....I didn't read all of the posted replies to the OP but from a far right, southern bred(not inbred mind you)

Christian
Marriage has always been, since the beginning of time recorded as between a man and woman..The only time in recorded history that "gays" and their lifestyle have come to the forefront is in the later stages of a civilizations decline..

NOW get ready...I don't care what anyone does in the privacy of their own world. I don't care who sleeps with who. I don't care if you want same sex relationships. What I do care about is YOU expecting me to accept, condone, celebrate, acknowledge, and give an okay or thumbs up to YOUR lifestyle choice. I am accepting of the fact that your choice is exactly that....your choice(If you are "gay") just don't ask me to celebrate your choice...It is not my choice.

Somehow I don't think you'd be anyone's first choice invite to a party.

Did you really just imply that gays are going to be the downfall of civilisation (again)? Which previous civilisations did gay people have a direct role in the downfall of? Specifics, please.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Did I say that? No, just the norm people assuming too much. Married couple get benefits from the government genius, why do you think gays want the same rights...so they can show off their diamond ring? HA!!!

to get the same rights as 'Straight Married People', to be considered 'Equal',

indeed i'm sure a lot has to do with the benefits, but likewise it's a point, a point of being denied something that should never have been an issue, a point of being discriminated against

for me personally, i don't plan on getting married, but if i wanted to i should have the same rights as straight people, it should NEVER be based on gender or sexual preference

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyrieEleison
reply to post by SQUEALER

My wife and I currently do not have children, so does that mean we need to give up any rights as a married couple?

I answered that a couple times in previous posts. No one requires you to have kids right away.

Suppose a gay married couple adopts. What then?

We're moving in that direction. The purpose of gay unions being called marriage is to enable new laws restricting the straight couples, denying them the right to conceive, and requiring them to adopt, like the gay couple, to make the gay union more equal to the straight union. It's just not fair, that the gays have to adopt, while the straight can conceive. The fact that God or Nature designed it so, is irrelevant. We are interceding in the design plan. We are imposing our own law. Civil unions need to be made equal, to avoid preferential treatment. We can see how this solves many problems.

1) if straight couples are denied the right to conceive, and must adopt, then we can control the population growth.

2) by creating all new borns in the lab, and offering them up for adoption, we can select the healthiest children and avoid all genetic diseases, deformities, etc..

3) the Nazis tried to have selective breeding to create the "Master Race", but at the time, this was frowned upon. But, we've figured out a different way to arrive at the same result. First we must attack marriage. To grant gays the right to marry. To demand "equal rights" for all civil unions. To remove the rights straight couples have that gay couples can't naturally obtain, to make it more fair. To replace all conception with lab conception + adoption, now that we have both gay and straight on the same level needing to adopt. Then, since we're creating all kids in the lab, we can finally "select" the characteristics of each child to create that "Master Race".

See the progression?

It's the very same plan hacked out in Germany in the 1940s, except, it's taking a more gradual path, and circuitous route, so that people don't realize what the ultimate goal is. At every step of the way, we fight for just "one link" in the chain of events required to enact the grand plan.

Since the public is only conscious of that "one link" while we fight for it, and can't see the whole chain, the objections raised are more easy to overcome. Once people have gotten used to gay marriage, and it's common place everywhere, the next step is to refine the marriage laws to make them more equal.

Once people accept that test tube babies are better than natural conception, we'll have the final link to enable us to control the population and the type of individuals that populate the earth.

At that point, we'll no longer need the gays.

This gay marriage movement is just an intermediate step.

One small link in the chain.

Look ahead, at the horizon, and see the setting sun.

edit on 28-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

So... asking for people to have equal rights and to have the state refrain from discriminating, we are marching unwittingly towards some planned realization of the movie "Gattaca".

Gotcha.

edit on 28-5-2013 by KyrieEleison because: Added link

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Marriage is just a word, and one which needs to be defined.

I am a Christian and when I use the word marriage, I understand it to represent a Covenant entered into by two people by speaking Vows before God and other witnesses and then Sealing that Covenant through an action where the TWO become ONE flesh, (ie consummation, or sex). This very act itself was chosen as a seal not only because of the intimate joining in the flesh through two very distinct sex organs designed specifically for each other, but also because this action facilitates the primary purpose for which Marriage was ordained, procreation of offspring.

Thus in order for a Union to be called a marriage all of the following elements must be present.

It must be a Covenant entered into before God and Witnesses.
Vows are spoken to dictate the terms of the Covenant,
The Covenant must be Sealed with a union of the flesh which can only be preformed by a man and a woman, the action which allows humans to procreate.

Society and even many Christians do not recognize offspring to be the primary purpose of marriage, they mistakenly think that the basis for marriage is "love". I believe we have a debased perception of love to begin with and would rather describe most unions to be entered into according to pure fleshly lust under the guise of "love". That aside, two members of the same gender are incapable of performing the Seal of the marriage covenant, sure they can engage in a perversion of this act, but are literally physically unable to enter into a union where the 2 become 1 flesh.

Thus I am no more concerned with so called "gay marriage" then I am that unicorns will fly in on saucers and conquer our planet. "gay marriage" is an oxymoron, it is a nonsensical combination of terms.

Gay people can run around and call their unions marriage all they want, what they have done cannot and will never be capable of replicating the marriage covenant established by God between a man and a woman.

A marriage covenant has nothing whatsoever to do with laws or regulations created by the state. You can legislate the word marriage all you want, it will never change what God initially established for mankind. In my opinion marriage should be regarded with complete neutrality as far as the government is concerned, it should not trigger any special benefits or penalties. The state and federal governments and the IRS should have nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not people are or are not married, much less whether they can or cannot get married.

I have 0 problems with gay people running around pretending to be married. They can't fool me, much less God into sharing their misunderstanding of what constitutes a marriage.

I do however have a problem with a bunch of activists trying to shove their misguided understandings down my throat or attempting to force me to recognize a different understanding of the word marriage. I have an even bigger problem with recent movements attempting to force religious institutions or clergy to perform ceremonies which are contrary to their religious beliefs.

I do not care one bit if you want to live your whole life under a misunderstanding of marriage, do whatever you want, I do not care one bit if you get 90% of society to agree with you that your lie is actually truth, do whatever you want.

I only ask that you be tolerant of my beliefs and stop the bloody witch hunts, leave me alone to worship my God according to my own understandings and to perceive the word Marriage in any manner I see fit. You cannot force me to join you in your delusions.

Fear has nothing to do with it

Soul

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulReaper

Nobody owns the patent on the word "marriage" - again this is semantics and is not a good enough reason to deny fellow citizens their rights in an (allegedly) free country.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Interesting fact however. Before the EF-5 tornado in Moore Oklahoma last week, a couple hours before that there was a gay pride parade. Just something for some folks to think about and wonder over.
I thought and Pondered.

And one just had to land right where it was going on, a second time Moore was hit. The next one there might not be a city left. More than 1 kind of sin, you don't know what else was going on to bring the others. This was as much for those people as it was for the nation itself. Hurricane Sandy, earthquake that damaged the washington monument...oh there's so much going on right now, you just don't know.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

Try reading my post again and point out to me where I wanted to deny anybody anything.

once again, you cannot force me to join your delusion of what the word Marriage means.

You can change its definition in the dictionary, you can legislate whatever laws you want from the state and federal level, you can convince the majority of the people on the planet that your definition is correct... that doesn't matter..

You cannot deny me my right to perceive marriage to be a Covenant relationship between a man and a woman sealed with the act for human procreation.

Don't be so intolerant of others beliefs.

Soul

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I am going break my face with all the face palms, It's a fairy tale, a folk lore, and people knew that back in the day until the military took over it and used it as a law book, in order to enslave, invade and murder millions of people.

That damn scripture has been changed so many god damn times it's not even funny. it's a fairy tale, that is it. What is so damn discriminating about that? The fact that it has been changed so many times kills it's legitimacy all together, other historic events were added to the folk lore (Bible) in order to domesticate people.

I think it's discriminating when a group of people use a folk lore in order to label a certain group sinners. Especially while ignoring a fake person's teachings (Jesus). There is absolutely no archaeological evidence of a person named Jesus ever existing, in fact, people wrote about him hundreds of years later, which in reality we would call that, a make belief.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

I thought and Pondered.

And one just had to land right where it was going on, a second time Moore was hit. More than 1 kind of sin, you don't know what else was going on to bring the others. This was as much for those people as it was for the nation itself. Hurricane Sandy, earthquake that damaged the washington monument...oh there's so much going on right now, you just don't know.
I am almost Fearful to ask this question to you, but I feel you are Tip toeing in this Direction.

Are you Saying that the Gay Pride Parade , Followed by the Tornado, Was The Wrath Of God ?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulReaper

I'm not supporting the denial of anyone's rights based on some arbitrary definition of a word. It means what it does to you and you are welcome to it just as others are free to believe what they do.

Sounds like my position is a lot more tolerant. /shrug

ETA: On that note, there has just been a tornado warning issued for our area so I am going to bid thee all farewell for the night. I assumed it had to do with the occlusion of weather fronts, updrafts, and other science-face stuff but I'm pretty sure it's God bearing down his wrath to teach this infidel a lesson.

edit on 28-5-2013 by KyrieEleison because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2013 by KyrieEleison because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Why do straight people want to get married then?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100
I knew someone would bring up the "next it will be humans and animals to get married" line. This cannot happen , animals cannot give consent.

Oh really?

It

CANNOT

happen?

Once upon a time, the idea that dysfunctional behaviors could be declared

a CHOICE
and WONDERFUL

etc. etc. etc.

as a result of successful POLITICAL PRESSURE on various gatekeepers of various mental health authorities . . .

would have been considered a CANNOT HAPPEN.

Once upon a time, the idea that Pastors could be fined and locked up for preaching simple Bible about homosexuality would have been considered a CANNOT HAPPEN.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulReaper
You cannot deny me my right to perceive marriage to be a Covenant relationship between a man and a woman sealed with the act for human procreation.

Don't be so intolerant of others beliefs.

I find it funny how people expect us to respect their beliefs.

You have no right to tell anyone to be tolerant of your beliefs.

Believing somethings and being something is two completely different animals. Respect people for what they are and do, not what they believe.

No one has to give your "beliefs" any respect at all. Especially when they are based on intolerance of people, not beliefs. If people respected your beliefs it would justify them, and you would never change. Beliefs are not a popularity contest, just because some agree with you it doesn't make your beliefs legitimate.

Marriage was around long before Christianity, so I will not give any respect to the notion that marriage is a religious ceremony. It doesn't matter what the definition is. Marriage does not require a religious ceremony, or the church at all. They just developed a monopoly on it to make money, you're falling for a scam.

You don't need...

• A Church
  • A Priest
  • A ceremony
  • Religion
  • Christian vows
  • White dresses
  • Confetti

In order to get married.

edit on 5/28/2013 by ANOK because: freudian slip

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

You can think whatever you want, frankly i don't care. I'm not going to pay for what someone else has done, but for my part i am required to warn, and warning has been given. I'm done here.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
There should be no restrictions on the freedoms of consenting adults.

Anybody who believes freedoms should be held to a vote does not believe in freedom either. They believe in tyranny of the majority.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join