It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global march challenges Monsanto's dominance: LIVE UPDATES

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli
If Monsanto closed it's doors today, half the worlds population would starve in the first year.

Care to share your sources for this assertation? Factual ones please.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
The DC march against Monsanto just started! Marching from the White House to Monsanto HQ.

Terminator Technology???

Monsanto didnt invent that.
Monsanto have never used it.
Monsanto dont sell anything with it.
Monsanto have never sold anything with it.

Would the protesters perhaps like Monsanto to declare a pledge to never use it?
oh wait.. they already did. 14 years ago.

As I keep saying thread after thread, crucify Monsanto for the things they have actually done. And not on the basis of scary fiction.

edit on 26-5-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by survival

I absolutely agree that we have the right to know what is in our food and to have access to pure organics, but we have been tampering with nature since we planted our first seed.

My belief is that we shouldn't directly tamper with the genetics of our food. We have been practicing eugenics with our food since we became agriculturists rather then hunter/gatherers.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

If Monsanto closed it's doors today, half the worlds population would starve in the first year. Monsanto is imperative to the entitlements of America and other western nations

You will not deliver trying to back that statement up. The most productive methods of farming are the ancient methods we are still trying to catch up with them... Highest rice yield per metre square is from Polyculture. Not conversational methods.

The world would not starve if we stopped using GM foods. That is total rubbish. There is enough food in the world to feed everyone. It is just many people cannot afford it. There is a distribution failure.

Companies like Monsanto would like you believe that the world needs their food products to survive. We do not. We can live just fine without them. These products damage the environment and damage health. They are low in nutritional value and are in there experimental stages..

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

There is a new app for your phone called "buycott" and I highly recommend all that wish to support companies that do not support GMOs to get it. You simply scan the UPC code on products in your market and it will tell you if you are supporting a pro GMO/Monsanto corp.by purchasing the product.
I say let your purchases/money do the talking.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

Who do you work for?

Do you realize Monsanto is the same company that made agent orange? They are also supplying the US with some newer biological warfare that we've been using in South America for years for the 'War on Drugs.'

Monsanto is a not a good company. They have bought out the US government, they have stolen many family farms and we the people are waking up to their practices.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Notice the "A" symbol in the girl's board, just in the word "altern A tive", it's the symbol of Anarchism philosophies: en.wikipedia.org...

Weird, uh?

EDIT: Whoop, I just noticed the symbol also appears in the lower, right hand corner of the pic. An even bigger version of the anarchism symbol.

edit on 26-5-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Well done everyone who marched, and a big shout out to the boys down under.

I do agree with some levels of GMO such as drought resistant crops, but all Monsanto is doing is monopolizing the global food stocks, and if nothing is done about them all the food in the world will go to the highest bidder.

And we can't trust the governments to take action on their own volition; they've already started to sell off land to these crooks, we need to save every available acre of land before Monsanto takes them, and stop them from having a stranglehold on a necessity that should be available to everyone.

Does anyone know of a petition i can sign?
edit on 26-5-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Thanks for all the posts.. A couple of final updates here..)

Exclusive: Facebook censors pictures of children rallying against GMOs during global March Against Monsantoi

www.naturalnews.com...

Millions March Against Monsanto in Over 400 Cities

Two million people marched in protest against seed giant Monsanto in hundreds of rallies across the U.S. and in over 50 other countries on Saturday.

"March Against Monsanto" protesters say they wanted to call attention to the dangers posed by genetically modified food and the food giants that produce it. Founder and organizer Tami Canal said protests were held in 436 cities in 52 countries.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I didn't hear about this until recently.

Does anyone know if any of these marches are taking place in Tennessee??

Please u2u me if you know!

I'm strapped for time, because I'm trying to finish up my psychology course before the end of school next week... but hell, I'd make the time if I could spend an hour or so at one of those marches!

Hope for humanity, this thread!!!

EDIT; Damn, never mind. It was only on Saturday, wasn't it?

edit on 26-5-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Exclusive: Facebook censors pictures of children rallying against GMOs during global March Against Monsantoi

www.naturalnews.com...

Which coming from Naturalnews is immediately suspect, and probably a lie.

Perhaps Naturalnews and its fan could explain why, if the images were so offensive as to cause "censorship", that they are still visible to anyone who wants to take a look?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake1234
GMO + DNA
= GODAMN
be deformed or be transformed

Peace

GMO + DNA = GON MAD

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I wanted to march yesterday but it was raining!
I really believe this is all tied up together; Banking industry, Health industry, Food industry, Fossil fuels industry, Media industry and politics!
These are all part of the same wheel that needs to be changed!
I really don't believe any can be fixed without first removing the head of this snake!
Each one of these is corrupt, greedy and only interested in itself!
We are just pawns in the eyes of those that control these interests and without unifying onto the political front none of us are safe!
After all the political front is what gives these organizations their power and it's us that gives power to the politicians!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Which coming from Naturalnews is immediately suspect, and probably a lie. Perhaps Naturalnews and its fan could explain why, if the images were so offensive as to cause "censorship", that they are still visible to anyone who wants to take a look?

Heck no. I was going to put a thread up but never got round to it about Monsanto targeting social-networks. They bride, corrupt, sell toxic foods what on earth makes you think they wont target the internet. Fundamentally this is an information war and they are aware of that.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Have a star for going in spirit. I am sure there will plenty more chances to protest against Monsanto. They are online protests organised too if you are interested..

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I always wonder what would happen later on in the future.
Their seeds claim to be drought resistant.

There are places that are starting to suffer more drier conditions
Just as well as our "water" supply will dwindle soon enough.
3rd world countries are becoming more stable with technology,
once this happens, higher upkeep on said sources.

Am I mistaken something here?
Just like non-gmo, they use "natural" pesticides which can be even more
harmful to people, thats why they switched to synthetic
While the old farmers are still using OLD tech, poisoning you guys...
All farmers use poisons no matter how you look at it.
*Unless you actually grow it yourself.*

Am I missing something.

I think gmo as in science it fine and great, as for monsanto itself as a
business=bad. I think people are just screwing themselves over in
the long run.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Octave
reply to post by purplemer

We had about 300 hundred people show up for ours today in Cincinnati, I was very excited to be there. Whatever it takes to bring this monster to it's knees. Although one march isn't going to do it, it may take many, many marches to gain the ACTUAL attention we need.

300-400 up here in Dayton. Got a line on an organic food co-op too!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli
If Monsanto closed it's doors today, half the worlds population would starve in the first year. Monsanto is imperative to the entitlements of America and other western nations. If we stop Monsanto we stop living the type of lifestyle that we enjoy today. I'm not sure most people would willingly give up all the things that would inevitably have to disappear along with these types of companies. They have had humanity by the short and curly's for some time now, because they control the food supply from such a pivotal position. They are an inevitable step in the process of the ever growing and ever changing foundation to our lifestyle, starting with the food and ending up in 90% of the products on grocery store shelves. Knock them down and you have to reinvent the wheel basically.

I truly fail to see how half the world's population would starve in the first year of having no GMOs. That is such an incredibly fallacious idea. It comes directly from Monsanto. Worldwide, the main GMO crops are simply: corn, soy, canola, cottonseed, and in North America, sugar. There are various other ones but they're not widespread. it's really just those five I mentioned above. And they really just go into processed food and that's IT. Removing these from the food supply would do NOTHING to make people starve. There is plenty of food without those ingredients. All it would mean is that the makers of processed foods would have to find other ingredients. Take Quaker Harvest Crunch. I used to buy that because they used coconut oil in it. About 2 years ago, I noticed they had switched to canola oil. Why? It's cheaper! The ONLY thing these products are doing is making money for Monsanto and saving money for food manufacturers, and making farming more profitable. This has NOTHING to do with feeding the world or preventing starvation.
edit on 26-5-2013 by thebtheb because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2013 by thebtheb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

The DC march against Monsanto just started! Marching from the White House to Monsanto HQ.

Terminator Technology???

Monsanto didnt invent that.
Monsanto have never used it.
Monsanto dont sell anything with it.
Monsanto have never sold anything with it.

Would the protesters perhaps like Monsanto to declare a pledge to never use it?
oh wait.. they already did. 14 years ago.

As I keep saying thread after thread, crucify Monsanto for the things they have actually done. And not on the basis of scary fiction.

edit on 26-5-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Terminator seeds WERE invented by Monsanto, were employed for a very short time, taken off the market and are now being considered for being put back on the market. It's not exactly fiction, but it is scary.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

www.naturalnews.com...

Which coming from Naturalnews is immediately suspect, and probably a lie.

Perhaps Naturalnews and its fan could explain why, if the images were so offensive as to cause "censorship", that they are still visible to anyone who wants to take a look?

This morning at 10:00 am Cincinnati time I was granted administrative privileges for the private FB group March Against Monsanto-Cincinnati. The moment I was granted those privileges I was BANNED from making comments on ALL FB public pages.

I can make comments on all family, friends and within groups, but I CANNOT make ANY comments on any public FB pages...period!

The message that popped up read:

You have been temporally block from preforming this action. If you think your seeing this by mistake, please let us know.

I have been sending emails to FB all morning with no replies as of yet. I did NOTHING to warrant this action...NOTHING, other then accept the administration privileges from the group March Against Monsanto-Cincinnati.

I know there are many naysayers regarding FB's censoring Monsanto's content but I assure you they most certainly are. I know FB sucks in so many ways, but I use it. It does serve a very important purpose, if we want to educate people what better way is there than to go to them? They're already there, so why the h*ll not?

I did take a screenshot of the message I got, but I can not for the life of me figure out how to post a pic here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join