It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacks on Obama covering up good economic news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Judging from how extreme and downright crazy many of the recent attacks on Obama are both on ATS and nationwide I wondered if this is somehow an effort to derail positive developments in our economy? I think I am on to something, not only did we have some good employment news, but the deficit situation turns out to be better than originally thought:

Steady hiring pushes down unemployment rates in 40 US states in April

articles.washingtonpost.com...

The Mystery of the Incredible Shrinking Budget Deficit

business.time.com...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Ya it is just to cover up the good times Americans are having.
Are you for real? Look around if this is what you call good economic times you might want to get your head examined or better talking points from you organizer.

The future is bright because history has shown over and over again that liberal progressive rule is doomed to epic failure. From Nazi Germany to Communist Russia they all fell apart over time. Even the progressive utopia that is current China will either change or face the same fate.

Hitler actually thought it would last 1000 years. Gotta love the progressive pipe dream nothing but Leprechauns pooping rainbows.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Wow, after all the obamagate scandals, I didn't know there were still Obama supporters around. Don't know how you can blindly follow a man like you do.
edit on 24-5-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Wow, after all the obamagate scandals, I didn't know there were still Obama supporters around. Don't know how you can blindly fallow a man like you do.

Progressive use certain tactics they use misdirection and always attack the messenger and not the message itself. It is much easier to tear a man or woman apart then an idea.

Just like the conservatives were fooled by our last leader the liberals actually fell for the exact same trap. Progressives rule both parties and want one thing........more power and less personal freedoms.
edit on 24-5-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Wow, after all the obamagate scandals, I didn't know there were still Obama supporters around. Don't know how you can blindly fallow a man like you do.

Progressive use certain tactics they use misdirection and always attack the messenger and not the message itself. It is much easier to tear a man or woman apart then an idea.

Just like the conservatives were fooled by our last leader the liberals actually feel for the exact same trap. Progressives rule both parties and want one thing........more power and less personal freedoms.

I guess I should have said, " I don't know how you can follow and party so blindly"

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

ROFL, yeah baby, unemployment is down woo hoo!

Maybe that`s because;

a. people have lost their unemployment benefits
b. people have dropped out of the workforce or moved in with their parents
c. people have died or left the US in search of greener pastures
d. the statistics are comnpiled to favor BS over reality

Cheers - Dave

edit on 5/24.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

You're right. It's all a lie. Benghazi. Fox/AP. IRS. Fast and Furious. Drone strikes.

What good economic news?

The stock market is about to crash again.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The lowest wage earners in America are about to be rendered obsolete threw inflation because of the increase of the money supply.

This is a fact.

They will not longer be able to feed themselves or pay rent. It is going to happen in the next two years and there is nothing anyone can do about it. And when it happens it will be epic and no amount of bail out money will stem the tide of people in need of help. Ask someone who is on the lower end just how hard it is right now.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
What good economic news? If anything it would be the current administration which is run by both sides-Dems and Repubs- anyway covering up what is all bad economic news. Either that or the POTUS has gotten on the controllers(you know the higher ups that let him in office) bad side/s, normally it would still be covered up because both sides are in on it. That should be what you are concerned with unless you can share proof-the links that you provided are moot- of good economic news.
edit on 24-5-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Economic data is always difficult to understand correctly, especially if there are significant political issues involved.

Here's a Reuters article reported in The New York Times from May 2 of this year.

Companies hired the fewest employees in April in seven months while manufacturing growth slowed to a crawl, suggesting that the economy was weakening as tight fiscal policy in Washington started to hold back growth.

Businesses added 119,000 employees to payrolls last month, according to the ADP National Employment Report released on Wednesday, short of economists’ expectations for 150,000 jobs and the smallest gain since last September.

The Federal Reserve also expressed its concern about economic growth on Wednesday and said it would continue to pursue its stimulus campaign, . . .

After accelerating in the first quarter, recent data suggested that overall economic growth cooled heading into the second quarter.

Two separate reports on manufacturing also showed employment slowed in April. Analysts said there was some risk that the federal April employment report on Friday could be disappointing.

Markit, a financial data firm, said its final Manufacturing Purchasing Managers Index slipped to 52.1 from 54.6 in March. It was the lowest reading since October.

That was echoed by a separate report from the Institute for Supply Management that showed the sector expanded only modestly, with its index coming in at 50.7, down from 51.3. Readings above 50 indicate expansion.

Regional reports also showed a slowdown in factory activity in April in some areas while some, including the Midwest, fell into contraction.

Another report showed construction spending fell 1.7 percent to an annual rate of $856.72 billion, the lowest since August, according to the Commerce Department. The drop could cause the first-quarter economic growth estimate to be trimmed from a first reading of 2.5 percent.

Economists expect Friday’s employment report from the Labor Department to show that overall nonfarm payrolls increased by 145,000, an improvement over the paltry 88,000 seen in March. Private payrolls are expected to have risen by 160,000.
There's enough bad news there to keep me worrying for a while. A job increase of 160,000 is nowhere near sufficient for a recovery.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

""Attacks on Obama covering up good economic news""

NO

WRONG !!

The guilt is piling up high and fast with the lies and scandals.
All roads lead to Obama Inc.

GULP

The economic news is tainted with ultra left wing propaganda.

The jobs created are mostly chicken feed low pay and part time.

Please list some good economic news with genuine facts.....
News that has a genuine good impact on the majority of American Citizens.

GULP

top topics

join