It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Frankly, I'm surprised that you still believe the Government acts on our behalf and in our own best interests. Do you really think all of these "humanitarian" missions are done out of the goodness of the government's pure hearts? You don't actually think that the boys in Parliament are really for the British people, do you? They act in their own self-interest and when it suits them - most of the time. Sometimes, such acts may indeed be to "protect the British people" (and their own safety).
edit on 5/23/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by Tiger5
Of course this guy is a muslim convert as opposed to born into the religion. He is clealry a zealot/fanatic as the newly converted often can be.

What is important is that we understand how the radicalisation proces works.

There have been and will be others...

And they'll all be surprised at how difficult it is to beat the inhabitants of this island down into accepting defeat.
edit on 23-5-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

Well You know that and I know that. We survived the Bombings we can survive Islamic idiots. However they are not rational. I hope they all get to the usual prisons. I be people are waiting for them

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Frankly, I'm surprised that you still believe the Government acts on our behalf and in our own best interests. Do you really think all of these "humanitarian" missions are done out of the goodness of the government's pure hearts? You don't actually think that the boys in Parliament are really for the British people, do you? They act in their own self-interest and when it suits them - most of the time. Sometimes, such acts may indeed be to "protect the British people" (and their own safety).
edit on 5/23/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

Any benefits to us are allowed because to deny them would be disadvantageous to their own survival.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

How's about your stop buying their oil first? No? Vacate their lands? No?

You've already failed. If we start "crusading" - what on Earth is going to happen to all of that black gold that we love so much - how's the world economy going to go on? Unless of course, you also propose a complete and utter invasion of Saudi Arabia, Iran, Nigeria - indeed, all of the Middle East and Northern and Western Africa, just to secure the black gold?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well there goes the hope of non terror/political influence attack

What can you really do about it? Is this the UKs mini 9/11?

Can i expect to have my car searched when i cross counties now?

*sigh*

Poor soldier, thats a very undignified way to go....

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
This is NOT from any email circulating the net, this is from me:

Our Government need to get hard on Radicals and they need to do it now before anymore 'bloodshed' on the streets of the UK!

After yesterdays events I'd guess that there will be other events of this type.

So... Clerics come out and say 'its nothing to do with 'Islam' but it is. I'm sure we have all seen what is happening across the World! Many Christians and Churches being demolished and told to get out. It wouldn't surprise me to see this happening in the UK!

Something everyone seems to be forgetting is that there hasn't been a death in the UK due to terrorism since 7/7 in 2005.

We have gone eight years without a terrorist attack taking a life in the UK, so what exactly are the EDL ranting about when they say they want to stop this from happening? More people are killed by buses every year than have been killed by terrorists in this country in five years!

People are trying to make out that this is happening every day here and that we're already at war, IT'S NOT TRUE.

There are more than a million Muslims in the UK, and this is the first incidence of Islamic extremist causing death in eight years!

Which is a greater threat to me, the white skinhead chav drunk looking for a fight on a Fri/Sat night every single week up and down the country, or the very rare extremist who goes nutty and murders someone?

The mathematics of this show this all to be stupid.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Of course this guy is a muslim convert as opposed to born into the religion. He is clealry a zealot/fanatic as the newly converted often can be.

What is important is that we understand how the radicalisation proces works.

There have been and will be others...

And they'll all be surprised at how difficult it is to beat the inhabitants of this island down into accepting defeat.

Well You know that and I know that. We survived the Bombings we can survive Islamic idiots. However they are not rational. I hope they all get to the usual prisons. I be people are waiting for them

IMO you are both incorrect.

We are not our grandparents generation who were brave and stoic and far more intelligent then most young people today. Todays people are easily brainwashed and manipulated.

The average IQ of people who reside here has dropped massively - there are many very obvious reasons for this, one being the least brightest are having the most children and all their expenses are met very nicely by the tax payer.

Men today in Britain have less then half the testosterone of their grandparents - what does that tell you?

Britain is already lost and in 50 years most people will be praying to Islam = mark my words. In fact in 50 years the ancestors of those Britons who fought in WW1 / 2 will be an ethnic minority.

That is from the Office of National Statistics in the UK.

Most people in this country are cowed, weak and passive - they will do what ever their govt / media tells them.
They will keep their heads down and carry on.

So all this bravado talk means nothing - it is soothing to you and many perhaps but it is not the truth.

You know the ' gun slinging ' Americans as many people on here call them, have a very valid point,

A disarmed population is a weak population.

The spirit of the past Britons are alive in a few still - but too few.
edit on 23-5-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Actually there is a well know phenomenon call "Aculturation" please look it up. And also consider his accent which was "Sarf Lundon".

The problem with this form of terrorism is that it many of these terrorists were home grown and were usually kids and even children who decided to become radicalised into this form of terrorism. There are many immigrants who have died for this country as serving soldiers. Something that you seem unaware of!

Tell me, what does serving in the army of your country of immigration have anything to do with our little conversation?

and, actually, even though i know how to spell the word acculturation and i know what it means - i have no idea what you are trying to say? Care to elaborate a bit?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Our grandparents were mostly brainwashed muppets who allowed their government to drag them into another world war that could have been avoided had they been smart enough to keep their politicians on their toes.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I don’t want to take away from this horrible crime but it is very interesting how we change our perception of crime as a society when we add a political dimension to it and deem the criminal act “terrorism”.

I have seen people for example who have been violently assaulted with knifes, it happens every day in the UK people end up either in hospital or dead after having been assaulted. Yet because it just so happens that the reason for this crime appears to have been to make an ideological point all of a sudden the media are all over it and the Government are calling COBRA meetings (I see why they needed that).

I could go on about this but fundamentally what I am saying is that we should not take this out of proportion yes it’s a horrible crime but it’s just one other murder of the countless others that occur in the UK every week. This isnt like 7/7 or even the Glasgow airport bombing.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I will get flamed for this but........

What is the diffrence between say our troops raiding a unprepared taliban or Iraqi insurgent camp and these men attacking a unprepared soilder?

I mean to me this is not a terroist attack as the did not target any civilians. It was a military attack in a time of war.

We cant go attacking other countrys and then cry when they attack our miliatry back in our own land.

I dont agree with what they did but repect the fact they did not go after civilan targets.

Its a shame they didnt go after a MP as they would most likely have got more support

edit on 23-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

When we attack those we deem as enemies when they are least expecting it, it's called intelligent tactics; when the enemy du jour does it, it's called terrorism.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I wonder how many of those who were criticising EDL etc will also express the same opinions about the 100's of Muslim youths who are currently 'celebrating' this murder on the streets of Oldham at this very minute?

I also wonder why Sky News haven't got a reporter on site or aren't reporting it?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Something everyone seems to be forgetting is that there hasn't been a death in the UK due to terrorism since 7/7 in 2005.

It's not for want of trying though.

MI5 and the police thwart about 2 attempted terror attacks a week in Britain.

But for their efforts, there'd be a lot more of this type of stuff.

It gives the false impression (which people like yourself buy into) that we are living in a lovely, peaceful, integrated, multicultural paradise. This is patently not the case.

It's reasonable to be concerned.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I wonder how many of those who were criticising EDL etc will also express the same opinions about the 100's of Muslim youths who are currently 'celebrating' this murder on the streets of Oldham at this very minute?

I also wonder why Sky News haven't got a reporter on site or aren't reporting it?

I'm sure people will soon be on here to tell us that it's either a photoshop or digitally enhanced, a false flag celebration or it's only a tiny minority and the muslim council have said how awful it all is.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

What is the diffrence between say our troops raiding a unprepared taliban or Iraqi insurgent camp and these men attacking a unprepared soilder?

The difference is, this particular soldier was on civil duties, unarmed, minding his own business when all of a sudden he got hit by a car -- and the use of medieval armory instead of bullets and bombs.

Warriors are not given orders to run over other soldiers with cars and then behead them and cut them up with butcher knives. No sir and if you heard that somewhere - that is incorrect. In a real war that would be called gross misconduct, breach of Geneva Conventions and a war crime.

edit on 23-5-2013 by Exitt because: .

link   
The radical Muslims seem to target vulnerable young men of any background or colour, in an attempt to brainwash them and turn them into a weapon to use against the west. These two African morons think they have created some good in the world, truly they must believe it. Meanwhile some middle-aged, UK hating Muslims with stone age ideals are sitting in council houses in London, or the Midlands, or Yorkshire, congratulating eachother on a job well done.

It's funny how the main pushers of these religions, talking about fighting against oppression, and martyrdom, sacrificing yourself for the course. Most of these characters are passed middle age, living comfortable lives, wanting for nothing, everything paid for by the government. If it's all so great how come they didn't go down the path they're preaching for the young ones to follow? A fundamental flaw really.

link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
reply to post by spacedog1973

he is NOT British ..
He is African.

Wrong again bob

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

The UK definition of terrorism as defined under the Terrorism Act 2000 does talk about threats and intimidations against the public however that does not mean that it is not possible for an act of terrorism to be committed against a member of the military. For instance there was a attack in 2009 (might have the year wrong) two British solider were killed by the Real IRA and that was treated as a terrorism incident.

Legally these two guys will most likely be tried as terrorists even though their target was military, it happened as well in 2007 when a plot similar to this was foiled, they were charged under terrorism legalisation even though their target was military.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

Originally posted by crazyewok

The difference is, this particular soldier was on civil duties, unarmed, minding his own business when all of a sudden he got hit by a car -- and the use of medieval armory instead of bullets and bombs.

Warriors are not given orders to run over other soldiers with cars and then behead them and cut them up with butcher knives. No sir and if you heard that somewhere - that is incorrect. In a real war that would be called gross misconduct, breach of Geneva Conventions and a war crime.

edit on 23-5-2013 by Exitt because: .

That's correct. They are instead asked to shoot enemy combatants from the safety of helicopters and then the boys on the ground do the running over bit. The beheading part is admittedly frowned upon tho'. Not that it prevents some from making macho ear necklaces.

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join