It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Very true.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

He isnt British he is British African and not only ...

But he as people have said who come from similar such families .. his loyalities can either be in two places due to this fact or indeed only with one. It just depends on which is dominant to them.
edit on 23-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

With one foul swoop you have just described about 4/5ths of the world's population. Most people with religious convictions are raised that way. So you may be treating people with suspicion for a long time to come, and I don't see it ever changing. I'm not religious person either, but I do believe in people's right to religious freedom, or to believe in bigfoot, UFO's, santa, or whatever they like, so long as it doesn't harm anybody else.

Religious extremism is what's the issue here, not the fact that humans have always had belief systems.

link   
Gun nut lobbyists trying to hijack this tread, too, I see.

Maybe all the barrel fellators should be shipped over to these Islamist cesspools and show us all how its done

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Indeed! It raises interesting questions as to why the children of 'respectable' middle class parents would feel so disenfranchised.

Well with the left and right in a state of collapse the only way to stick two fingers up to mater and pater is likely to be some fringe religion/or other fringe politics.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbspiracy
Gun nut lobbyists trying to hijack this tread, too, I see.

Maybe all the barrel fellators should be shipped over to these Islamist cesspools and show us all how its done

Oh, they can't do that - they've got to stay at home and defend their (stolen)homeland from their evil gubmint and immigrant terrorists.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Of course this guy is a muslim convert as opposed to born into the religion. He is clealry a zealot/fanatic as the newly converted often can be.

What is important is that we understand how the radicalisation proces works.

There have been and will be others...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Humans have always had lice, STD's and Heamarroids as well; whats your point?

We taught kids that the world wasnt flat and that led to more exploration.

If we teach a scientific fact: All religion/belief systems are written by man (with implied corruption) why cant we have a moral rennaisance based upon people treating people hoow they'd like to be treated (The moral compass).

I've met some scumbags in my time but I'm still yet to meet anyone who doesnt fundamentally know right from wrong (although they often do wrong).

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
Of course this guy is a muslim convert as opposed to born into the religion. He is clealry a zealot/fanatic as the newly converted often can be.

What is important is that we understand how the radicalisation proces works.

There have been and will be others...

And they'll all be surprised at how difficult it is to beat the inhabitants of this island down into accepting defeat.
edit on 23-5-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

Right, get rid of religion, good luck with that.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
People don't have to be sherlock holmes either to know when someone is a threat. Seeing a guy with blood dripping from his knife having just beheaded someone should tell you something unless your IQ is below 60

By which point the man is dead.

Maybe you are some pathetic coward who would sit on his hands or run away, but let me tell you something. Many people in this country are made of stronger stuff.

Nice attempt to deflect attention from having to argue a logical point - just attack the person making the point rather than offering an opinion.

Finally thread is infested with liberal, hoplophobic traitors who basically clandestinely like the fact a soldier (a White soldier) has been murdered and are defending ANY criticism that empowers people to take a stand on this issue!

Again, attacking people who DARE to question your far-right views.
You clearly have an agenda here, and although you seemed to have held it back to start with this statement above shows it.
We're all "liberals" and soldier haters because we don't agree with everyone having guns? How the hell did you get to that point?

Fess up, you're intention is to preach far-right opinions, and you've basically just shown that to be the case.

Rocker, an empty wagon (you) makes a loud noise and this will be my last post on this thread.

I wonder why that would be, because you have no valid argument and nothing to defend?

Suffice it to say you are the lowest of the low and spineless if you think people cannot defend themselves against such animals with none-lethal weapons.

That makes no sense. How am I a coward? Where have I said that people cannot defend themselves?
It goes without saying that we all have a right to defend ourselves, and no one has argued against that. The point being made is that you are bringing in an American pro-gun rant into a thread about a man being beheaded in a London street by potentially religious extremists - this has nothing to do with the rights people have to defend themselves!

We have gun laws in the UK, grow up and deal with it. Even if we had the right to walk around with guns, the people there DID NOT KNOW what was happening to him. A gun would have made NO DIFFERENCE.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Moderator note:

Please refrain from attacking each other and stick to the topic instead.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

You wouldnt be getting rid of religion ( see Santa, Bigfoot, UFO's or the 10 million other beliefs people still maintain) we would just be putting Religion it's proper place during a childs development.

I envisage a stern talk with my daughter in the future where I'll tell her that "Santa made me do it" can no longer be used as a valid explanation of her actions.

edit on 23-5-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I haven't read through all 58 pages of this thread so this might have already been stated to some degree, but I'm gonna puke the next time I hear Islam is a religion of peace. That's bull#. I've seen too much to the contrary especially during the last decade. The Koran explicitly states to 'kill the infidel/non-believer'. Let the crusades begin.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by andy1972

reply to post by andy1972

Yeah, like any person who relied on a gun to defend themself would allow a person with a knife who has just hacked another person to death, to get that close to them?

Seen too many Bond movies you mate..

No, the person who's watched too many Bond movies is the one who thinks this was a special forces agent, totally confident in her ability to disarm a knife-wielding maniac at the slightest sign of an attack.

No, i never said "special forces", I said an intel operative. And if shes not a pen pusher and shes a field operator then she'd have been taught how to handle herself...

Or she could be a scout leader.......
edit on 23-5-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
I haven't read through all 58 pages of this thread so this might have already been stated to some degree, but I'm gonna puke the next time I hear Islam is a religion of peace. That's bull#. I've seen too much to the contrary especially during the last decade. The Koran explicitly states to 'kill the infidel/non-believer'. Let the crusades begin.

Well, if it was a religion of pure hate for infidels, don't you think this kind of assault on our senses would have been more common?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I find it funny that cameron said that the terrorists wont win. Whilst at the same time he is all for arming al cia da in Syria. al cia da are our terrorists then? I thought we at war with them? Good job we bought those water cannons as we may well need them now.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This is NOT from any email circulating the net, this is from me:

Our Government need to get hard on Radicals and they need to do it now before anymore 'bloodshed' on the streets of the UK!

After yesterdays events I'd guess that there will be other events of this type.

So... Clerics come out and say 'its nothing to do with 'Islam' but it is. I'm sure we have all seen what is happening across the World! Many Christians and Churches being demolished and told to get out. It wouldn't surprise me to see this happening in the UK!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

reply to post by andy1972

Yeah, like any person who relied on a gun to defend themself would allow a person with a knife who has just hacked another person to death, to get that close to them?

Seen too many Bond movies you mate..

No, the person who's watched too many Bond movies is the one who thinks this was a special forces agent, totally confident in her ability to disarm a knife-wielding maniac at the slightest sign of an attack.

No, i never said "special forces", I said an intel operative. And if shes not a pen pusher and shes a field officer then she'd have been taught how to handle herself...

Krav Maga, I'm guessing you are referring to? Or is there some other kind of nimja like self-defence system that enables people to guarantee being able to take down opponents with knives, that I'm missing?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It seems to me that the type of "radicalism" seen here is covered in current statute under laws on Murder/Assualt/Dangerous Driving/Possesion of Weapons/Joint Enterprise/Anti terror/Being crazy in public.

Beyond that we are in the realms of thought legislation.

edit on 23-5-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join