It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer code found in superstring equations. We could be a computer simulation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
This is my first post, I am glad to be posting now and i hope to share some very interesting video's for everyone!

Getting down to the topic
I am sure a few of you have seen this but i know many haven't.

Superstring computer code

Dr. S. James Gates, Jr., a theoretical physicist, the John S. Toll Professor of Physics at the University of Maryland, and the Director of The Center for String & Particle Theory, is reporting that certain string theory, super-symmetrical equations, which describe the fundamental nature of the Universe and reality, contain embedded computer codes. These codes are digital data in the form of 1′s and 0′s. Not only that, these codes are the same as what make web browsers work and are error-correction codes! Gates says, “We have no idea what these ‘things’ are doing there”.

Eric J. Pepin explains the theory perfectly just listen to him and think.

"Doubly-even self-dual linear binary error-correcting block code," first invented by Claude Shannon in the 1940's, has been discovered embedded WITHIN the equations of superstring theory!

Why does nature have this? What else can we find? What errors does it need to correct? What is an 'error' for nature? More importantly what is the explanation for this freakish discovery?

It makes you wonder......

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by innersollus

i am by no means a mathematician or anything, but my impression is that as theories evolve they need ghost data or something,,, the factor X, to make it work,,, could this be the case? that these theories dont work unless you introduce a hypothetical influence....
but if not,,, i am a fan of simulation theories....
maybe we are in cryosleep,,, and have been for many millenia...
but an organic life form, must experience life and stress, because the shock from "awakening" would kill it,,
thus came to be, the simulation, that we all live in ----?----

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

string theory, super-symmetrical equations, which describe the fundamental nature of the Universe and reality, contain embedded computer codes.

Isnt string theory a Human theory? if the theory constructed is based on the mathematical matrices equations which themselves were developed by humans, and crunchable on desk top computers then isnt it any surprise that these so called super-symmetrical equations contain embedded computer codes?

Im not a physicist mathematician however thinking about it in a basic laymans manner makes me ask these questions.
edit on 22-5-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

the human factor,,,

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

the human factor,,,

Yes exactly how can the human separate himself from thought of God when he tries to simulate Gods thoughts

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
No offence but this video and subject has been posted at least 50 times
There are extensive threads already....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They are a couple of quite mature threads
Maybe you should read those rather than posting again...i think most of it has been discussed, i dont see anything different with your thread.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I posted this so people can watch the video and think about it. There may be other threads getting down to the pure science of it but most people cant understand that. Having someone explain it for them is the best way.
I enjoy staying up late and watching videos like these and thinking I am pretty sure other people do too.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Have you checked out Mr Masks great thread on this subject. If you haven't you really should

The code is the digital code made up of 1's and 0's, Claude Shannongot got his inspiration from the old Chineses book I Ching.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Computer code found in superstring equations. We could be a computer simulation

- Dr, the simulation E4RtH seems to be becoming self aware, what do we do?
- Nothing, we wait and see what happens. This is likely a false alarm.
- But what about the last ti-
- We wait and see...
- But simulation Mars became self aware and we had to pull the plug... what if E4RtH went the same way...
- That's a risk we'll have to take... tweak the climate parameters up two more degrees.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by innersollus
I posted this so people can watch the video and think about it. There may be other threads getting down to the pure science of it but most people cant understand that. Having someone explain it for them is the best way.
I enjoy staying up late and watching videos like these and thinking I am pretty sure other people do too.

They may discuss the science but most are started with a video just like yours, and people discuss what they can given their ability to understand the science behind it. No one as far as i know has authored a thread only understandable by quantum physicists, im not sure there are even any on this forum.

I agree, people do like to watch videos, but that is what youtube is for, this is a forum, for discussion...like i say there are many threads already about this subject, many with all the answers or theories you could think of, do they really need to be gone over again in a fresh thread? What have you brought to the table which is any different from these other threads? Did you even search to see if it had been discussed? The guy in the video is just repeating what hundreds of other videos have already said. This is not a new theory, and you havent really brought anything to this thread that has not already been said numerous times.

I know its your first thread, but if the subject interests you, you should use the search button, see if its discussed, if you have nothing more to add then just reply to the other thread. If you have something new to add then yea make a thread, if you are just posting old theories with nothing to add.....

It is a fascinating subject, but i see nothing new here, its the same old stuff made into another video by someone who hasnt done any research, just repeating what he has heard or read elsewhere.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Our system of mathematics is based entirely on naturally occurring patterns.

This is like using English to describe the concept of language and being surprised that other languages have similar phonetics.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

edit on 22-5-2013 by GRS1234 because: mods please delete reply

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
In a universe ruled by math and logic, why is it surprising at all to find it constantly naturally occurring.

If the code wasn't embedded deep into our universe the way it is, the universe would work differently.

All makes perfect sense to me really. The universe scales up and down with the same reoccurring patterns over and over, creating something at any level requires understanding of the way things work at levels above and below, if the universe worked differently we would have different code to reflect it - but we would still see the patterns.

If you want to make a house, you use bricks and lay them in the most structurally sound way, if you do not it will fall down. Think about finding a house and discovering how it was built instead of building it - often its going to be the exact same way - because that is the best way. You can apply this to nature, maths, logic anything really, the system works the way the system works, so everything must follow the same rules.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

To me, computer codes are math. There's no distance between them, except a few things - specifically computational math can write and store values while traditional math assumes a human will do that.

So my question is, what is the math here? Are they saying the universe includes checksums in some weird way predicted by string theory? WTF?

edit: posted before I saw the video. Core questions not answered, but I really enjoyed that. If any one has questions of why anyone would ever care to study something like computer science for reasons beyond money, this video is the answer. Its about seeing the "code" all around us that makes up the universe, its about another way to approach truth.
edit on 22-5-2013 by tridentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts to one of the existing threads as linked to above.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join