It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large tornado plowing through Moore OK, southern OKC right now

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I was wondering why the hospital was not being mentioned.
Having worked in the hospital during hurricane Irene, I saw looting in the kitchens. We had extra security on my floor next to the pharmacy. Scary!!!!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Some of the gas lines CANNOT be turned off.....they keep mentioning Santa Fe???? I don't know what's there??

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
2 dozen young students are now classified as recovery only.

I am so sorry.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Church on 19th & eagle for plaza school parents to meet.....cop just said the highway looks like it's out of a movie he has just seen......officer trapped in home with family.......I'm starting to feel sick

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Looters should be shot on sight. So sad people do that.

Many people want to get into the rubble and help but care must be taken. Can't just let everyone climb on and start pitching material around.

The local Congressman stated they had well trained responders.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Second massive casualty......uuugghhhh....I'm so so sorry! This is horrific....sending police officer over to church to meet with parents from the plaza school.......

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Video as it was happening.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-5-2013 by Acidcookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Many people want to get into the rubble and help but care must be taken. Can't just let everyone climb on and start pitching material around.

I was wondering about that as well while watching citizens respond at the school. It needs to be methodical and careful. But, we really don't know what we're looking at, they could be responding to cries for help.
edit on 5/20/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

What are you watching or listening to?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
2 dozen young students are now classified as recovery only.

I am so sorry.

Terrible, Teachers and kids doing as trained and it was too much. I feel sad for these families.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Looters should be shot on sight. So sad people do that.

The local Congressman stated they had well trained responders.

I don't understand WTH these people are thinking!!! Looting?! Plaza towers, m.e. headed over. Mentioned morgue....Moore school, supposedly some kids were sheltered in the gym....cops were not happy to hear that...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Terrible, Teachers and kids doing as trained and it was too much. I feel sad for these families.

I know it's bad. I know it's historic proportions. But dang, I just feel like the structures, especially the schools, ought to be stronger, more durable, something.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Are listening to a scanner? If so, can you post or re-post the link?

link   
reply to post by Starwise

The online Oklahoma City police scanner....I've had it downloaded for about a year. It's a u.s free scanner download...radio to radio, and dispatcher...
edit on 5/20/13 by j.r.c.b. because: Added info

link   
reply to post by roadgravel

That's tragic. There's no words.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Are listening to a scanner? If so, can you post or re-post the link?

Police scanner+free.......it was a free ipad app....so I don't have a link, but that's the name of it.....hope it helps!!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Where is god?

Is "it" evil?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I rarely post in these forums, I do not feel I have the necessary skills to hang with you big dogs...but something is really really bothering me...so here goes...and please be nice to me...

Late last week I read that we were going to get hit with massive solar storms due to an eruption on the sun, our weather guy was talking about it.

Is there any correlation to tornados/weather and the sun? I mean, the moon affects our tides and much more, so wouldn't it make sense that the sun would impact our weather???

Solar Storm

A huge solar flare erupted from the surface of the sun late Sunday (May 12), followed by an even more powerful blast less than 24 hours later. The solar eruptions are the most powerful ones seen so far this year.

Then I found this...Sun spots

Weather on Earth can also be affected. Recently, NOAA scientists finally concluded that four factors determined global temperatures: carbon dioxide levels, volcanic eruptions, Pacific El Niño pattern, and the Sun's activity.

SO I started checking other large tornados, and this is what I found...

Henryville IN tornado March 2, 2012- Solar flare March 2, 2013

That is just one example, I think you get the picture.

What can be done? I mean, solar flares apparently affect our weather...so wouldnt meteorologists know this and be able to give better warnings, or better yet, cant scientists find a way to counteract it so these things do not occur??

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

After this one, maybe special shelters will be on the school construction agenda. Less pretty insides with the money used for heavy shelters.

After a big one in central texas a company started building modular shelters for home owners. Hopefully some good will come from this tragedy,

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join